[RELz] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:36 pm

New bug: I have a mod that resets interior cells. When I returned to Vault 87, it had reset, and the "failed experiments" were now "respawned". They uttered detection phrases from the super mutant voice pack, but otherwise did nothing. It wouldn't be much of a deal except... killing them crashes the game. Dogmeat eagerly ripped one to shreds and CTD'd me. Stupid mutt...

Would it be possible to change the failed experiment mesh to be a static or havoked static instead of a creature? That made no sense to me that it was a creature to begin with...

Fixed, strange why they made it a creature as it lacks all the animation\dismemberment ect (just asking for trouble!), the Failed FEV Experiment should be a moveable static just like that alien is as they are basically setup the same.
Campbell

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Fixed, strange why they made it a creature as it lacks all the animation\dismemberment ect (just asking for trouble!), the Failed FEV Experiment should be a moveable static just like that alien is as they are basically setup the same.

Wait, is this something different from what I was thinking then?
Emma

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Think of what they did is basically making a stimpack a creature, of course it is going to be bad and you'll have strange things happen since it isn't setup correctly and doesn't have the required files.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:02 am

No, I mean the creature being marked 'Respawn' was I thought the problem, not that it has a non-static mesh.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 pm

No, I mean the creature being marked 'Respawn' was I thought the problem, not that it has a non-static mesh.

Yes it is set to respawn but still it isn't a proper creature (and I've found no way to "successfully" kill it without crashing the game yet if it is already respawned), also the havok on it is wonky when it is put into the game as a creature.
Maya Maya

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Please provide some FormID's, easier for me and you :)
Edit: Fixed the litter UV, some of it can't be fixed though because the actual texture has been clipped.

I don't use the G.E.C.K. so I really have no idea how to collect FormIDs.

Fixed how so? The flickering texture or the cut off sections?

Oh and some good new too guys... I only ever tested replacing textures from a BSA (damn stupid thing to do, should of assumed it wouldn't work because of the retarted ArchiveInvalidation), you can use a BSA replace files already in another BSA excluding textures (only tested meshes) as long as the BSA is added to the SArchiveList before the other BSA's. So all of UF3P's files (excluding textures) will be in a BSA next version which should make managing things easier, no more hundreds of files floating around your Data folder!

Very nice. I don't mind it in the case of your patch because there's an easy uninstaller option available anyway, but it does get annoying to sort through stuff when you've got hundreds of files sitting in your Data folder, especially if you need to sort out a conflict.
Darren Chandler

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Open the ~ menu, and click on the item in question, should give a ID. If it shows something other then a 00 file, you've found something with a different mod. Unless it's a floor texture, or something.
Taylah Haines

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:22 am

Open the ~ menu, and click on the item in question, should give a ID. If it shows something other then a 00 file, you've found something with a different mod. Unless it's a floor texture, or something.

Wow, I'm stupid.

Okay, a few things then.

0006c21f
0006c220
0006c221
0006c67d

Most of those are floating objects on a couple of office desks in the Red Racer Factory.

008f330

The above is a barn at Chaste Acres Dairy Farm, near the Republic of Dave. It doesn't properly line up with the ground in a number of places, including the walls and the steps inside it.

EDIT: I have come across a quest bug. When talking to Paladin Hoss at Falls Church for the first time, the player is asked to help out with finding Initiate Pek. At the first dialogue choice, if the player selects the "F uck off" option, negative Karma is granted. This is repeatable, for infinite bad Karma.

Several terrain errors around the Falls Church and Marigold Station areas:

000a4e6f
0005f10a
000a4e89
00031236 (under train)
0009d726
0002299c
00082d41

The above are all piles of rubble that do not come into contact with the floor entirely.

0009d6f1
0006434f
0003123a

The above three are pipes that clip into the floor noticeably - these may not be correctable as I believe the pipes are attached to the rubble meshes.

00022af5
00022b42

The above two are noticeable holes in the rubble piled up inside this building; one allows you to see off into the void.

00020d4c
00082c77

The above two are flickering ground/sidewalk tiles.

It's amazing what you can find while just playing for an hour or two.
Trey Johnson

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Bug with Robotics Expert Perk: when Deactivate is used on Sentry Bots, they perform their animation, then go back to their idle animation instead of staying still (though they still act as if deactivated).

Found a ton of new terrain errors as well, especially in Arlington/Falls Church Metro, some quite noticeable and major.

0001eedd (rubble with missing/see through back side)
00019e90 (wall of school does not meet ground properly in some spots)
0006212c (floating rubble)
0009414a (flickering rubble/brick)
0002898f and 000ca368 (floating papers)

I believe the rest of these errors are in Arlington/Falls Church:

000bc702, 000bc6fc and 000ca524 (floating rubble)
000bc61e (ramp/thing does not meet floor properly, big hole visible)
000bc6fe, 000bc630 and 000bc6ff (floating rubble)
000bc6d, 000ca529 and 000bc683 (floating rubble)
000bc6e7 (gap in floor/rubble)
000ca388 (floating paper)
000bc65e (gap between floor sections, probably meant to be covered by something)

This place is a complete disaster area, and most of the errors, like I said, are very apparent. The most obvious problem is that you can get underneath the "ramp" formed by the collapsed platform and stairs on one side, then go underneath and inside a bunch of rubble and see out from behind it. I don't think this is intended; it looks like both sides were meant to be blocked but only one was. It's up to you what to do with this - there's a lot of minor issues all over the place, but it's also a minor area and most players will likely just run straight through, so if you don't want to take the time fixing this it's no big deal.

By the way, if I'm being obsessive about this (I've filled up almost an entire sheet of paper writing these things down in the last few hours, and I'm only spending slightly more time looking around than I normally would), then I can cut out the smaller errors and only report the more major, immediately noticeable stuff. Going through the game with a fine-toothed comb is possible, but takes hours not just for me to find this stuff, but for you to fix it as well.

EDIT: Few more:

0005c547 (floating rocks)
00076981 and 00076982 (floating... things)
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 am

Fixed how so? The flickering texture or the cut off sections?

UV aka texturing of the mesh clipped off some of the texture (which is fixed) but the texture (.dds) it self has been cropped and clipped off the corner of 2 peices of paper (which I can't fix).

Wow, I'm stupid.

No, you just didn't read the first post explaining how to report a bug :P

Thanks for your reports, I'll fix them when I can.
jessica breen

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 am

No, you just didn't read the first post explaining how to report a bug :P

And that is why I am stupid. :P

EDIT: Just saw the tracker, I'll put all subsequent ones up there.
Farrah Barry

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Funky physics car (0001A80D)
Tiffany Carter

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:14 pm

First its great to see unofficial Fallout 3 patch !!! I seem to be getting a crash associated with it however. I initially chalked it up to a capricious CTD from fallout but then I did some more experimentation. It is still probably the nature of fallout and/or my computer or possibly a corrupted save game.

Now for my epic story: I had saved near Vault 101. Fast travel to Springdale Elementary school. crashes. Reload original save ... repeat. Still crashes. Fast travel to another location (say megaton) then fast travel to springdale elementary school. no crash. Okay weird.

Next step start disabling mods using FOMM - each time starting FO3, saving, completely exiting and restarting. Still crashes directly fast travelling to the school. Of course I disable Unofficial Fallout Patch last of all. Stops crashing. I then re-eable the unofficial patch. crashes. Re-enablde all of my patches except this mod. doesn't crash. And the experiments continues in the same vein; including enabling just this patch, where it crashes. The disabling it stops crashing.

Here is my original load order of the original tainted save:
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
[X] Selected Containers Respawn.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp
[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp
[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Increased Spawns.esp
[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.esp
[X] Radio Nostalgia.esp
[X] GalaxyNewsRadio100[M].esp
[X] RadioTenpennyTower.esp
[X] KBATRadio.esp
[X] Item Descriptions Img.esp
[X] Slower Degradation (-50%).esp
[X] corrected weights clutter.esp
[X] Selected Containers Respawn.esp
[X] Slower Levelling - very slow.esp
[X] Scrapyard.esp
[X] Darkness.esp
[X] MS11fix.esp

Not sure if this is noise or useful info. Thanks for your hard work supporting oblivion and fallout 3.
Channing

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 pm

First its great to see unofficial Fallout 3 patch !!! I seem to be getting a crash associated with it however. I initially chalked it up to a capricious CTD from fallout but then I did some more experimentation. It is still probably the nature of fallout and/or my computer or possibly a corrupted save game.

Now for my epic story: I had saved near Vault 101. Fast travel to Springdale Elementary school. crashes. Reload original save ... repeat. Still crashes. Fast travel to another location (say megaton) then fast travel to springdale elementary school. no crash. Okay weird.

Next step start disabling mods using FOMM - each time starting FO3, saving, completely exiting and restarting. Still crashes directly fast travelling to the school. Of course I disable Unofficial Fallout Patch last of all. Stops crashing. I then re-eable the unofficial patch. crashes. Re-enablde all of my patches except this mod. doesn't crash. And the experiments continues in the same vein; including enabling just this patch, where it crashes. The disabling it stops crashing.

Here is my original load order of the original tainted save:

Not sure if this is noise or useful info. Thanks for your hard work supporting oblivion and fallout 3.

I'm not getting the crash on my main gamesave or in a new one, if you could please [email=quarny@gmail.com]email[/email] me your afflicted gamesave.
Sunny Under

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 am

Tried to read the version history but it almost gave me a seizure.

Does this UOP improve ATI crossfire performance by any chance?
Juan Cerda

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 pm

i inherited iniate pek form church falls area, he was a part of an unofficial quest to save him. he got stuck in a building alone. I forget if he died orginally, but i think he did die, but the rest of his team is missing or dead. I did not run into them while i was in the area but did pick up at least to holo tags from bos members. Pek joined my team as soon as i entered the building he was in. WHen i talk to him, all he says that he is thankful to me for saving him. He stays with the team even when i leave the area.
bimsy

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm not getting the crash on my main gamesave or in a new one, if you could please [email=quarny@gmail.com]email[/email] me your afflicted gamesave.

emailed both the original savegame and then the "stripped" save game with just the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch. They both crash when fast travelling directly to springvale elementary school. And don't when you fasst travel somewhere else and then travel to the school.
MISS KEEP UR

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Tried to read the version history but it almost gave me a seizure.

Does this UOP improve ATI crossfire performance by any chance?

This patch isn't for fixing game engine or driver issues. Quarn uses the G.E.C.K. like any other modder, but for the purpose of correcting errors in the original game (object placements, AI and scripting bugs, etc.) instead of adding new things. Take your complaints to ATI or Bethesda.

But, on a quick note, Fallout 3 tends to be CPU-limited more than GPU-limited. Depending on your configuration, your "Crossfire not working well" could in fact just be your CPU bottlenecking the game. Again, designed for consoles and all that.
Sabrina Steige

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:27 pm

emailed both the original savegame and then the "stripped" save game with just the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch. They both crash when fast travelling directly to springvale elementary school. And don't when you fasst travel somewhere else and then travel to the school.

Thanks, yep going to springvale school in that save does crash my game with UF3P... now time to find what weird quirk is causing that...

Edit: ah the reason why I wasn't getting the issue was because I traveled to vault 101 then to springvale school... saving at vault 101 then restarting and loading the save and then going to springvale school caused the crash, anyway the bug is *drum rolls* editing anything in cell Wasteland>Vault101Exterior -4,-4!!!
Solène We

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm

No...F'ing...Way. How could they seriously NOT fix the 4,4 engine bug!
tiffany Royal

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 pm

come again? I is lost :confused:
Mizz.Jayy

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:54 pm

come again? I is lost :confused:

Isn't that the same bug that was in Oblivion? :D
zoe

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Isn't that the same bug that was in Oblivion? :D

Oh, IDK...I never modded Oblivion, just played it ;)

TheDamned
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Nah the one in Oblivion was 3,3 which caused all local map icons to disappear when that cell was edited. No idea what makes -4,-4 special and why it causes the game to crash on just fast travelling to springvale school from it...
Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 am

My Megaton House for some reason even after I saved Simms and got the key doesn't have myc haracter marked as the owner ont he containers. I checked Wiki and it said the UFP fixes this but when I checked my game it did not. So I had to manually set ownership with the console on some lockers. Is it a bug in my game or is there a new update to the patch?
Causon-Chambers

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3