[RELz] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:17 am

did u talk to simms after disarming the bomb?
Dj Matty P

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:49 pm

If something else edits the house, and is loaded afterwords, the player will not own the containers in his house.
Oceavision

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:38 pm

If something else edits the house, and is loaded afterwords, the player will not own the containers in his house.

that's positively defined as a bug introduced by the different mod.
biiibi

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Nah the one in Oblivion was 3,3 which caused all local map icons to disappear when that cell was edited. No idea what makes -4,-4 special and why it causes the game to crash on just fast travelling to springvale school from it...

There's also something that goes screwy in Oblivion if cell 4,4 is edited as well. I don't remember what but Vorians ran into it and it was later confirmed as a problem. I forget if it crashed or just scrambled something but you'd think they'd have fixed this nonsense by now :)
Eoh

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Glad to see you having at it for FO3 Quarn. Your interest in taking on this monumental task is a boon to the community. Nice work man! :) :thumbsup:

FritZ
Elisha KIng

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Quarn: Not sure if this is a bug or not.

All of the Guards in Tenpenny Tower are in TenpennyTowerAllResidents Faction
Tenpenny himself is in TenpennyTowerResidentFaction Faction

This may explain why you can kill Tenpenny and toss his body off the balcony with no repercussions from the guards. Since he is not in a faction they are in this might be an oversight.
Javaun Thompson

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes I agree on this matter I still find it be very ridilicious I easily can get into Tenpenny Towers penthouse (even with a guard guardin' it, you easily can steal the Key from the table), walk to the Balcony and easily kill him (how strange there is no guard on the balcony), and when I throw his body over the balcony nobody seems to care.
Mylizards Dot com

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Yes I agree on this matter I still find it be very ridilicious I easily can get into Tenpenny Towers penthouse (even with a guard guardin' it, you easily can steal the Key from the table), walk to the Balcony and easily kill him (how strange there is no guard on the balcony), and when I throw his body over the balcony nobody seems to care.

Nobody cares about you throwing his body because the game treats dead bodies as any other physics object - and since Tenpenny's body isn't "owned" by anybody, it doesn't count as a crime to pick it up. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think the AI even cares if you pick up owned objects, and will even let you drag them out of sight to steal them somewhere else.
vanuza

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Have found 2 bugs in the Citadel:
1) The female initiate who is doing push-ups has Voice Type set to "femaleadvlt02", she has no dialog sound, I looked into the BSA archive, and found out that this voice type has no phrases for this occasion at all. So I set her voice to "femaleadvlt01default" and it works like a charm.
2) The lifting crane isn't visible from the courtyard until the last part of the MQ, I think it's easy to fix ( Just like the Imperial Tower in the Arena =) ).
jenny goodwin

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:07 pm

thanks!
scorpion972

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 pm

No idea if this was fixed or not, but I just encountered this in the vanilla game (patched to the latest official patch):

If you sell exactly 8 sugar bombs to the appropriate character for the "unmarked quest" - it can subsequently cause all future encounters with that character to not have the dialogue option present to sell him any more sugarbombs. The only known fix that I found was to reload a save prior to the time that you had sold him 8 sugarbombs in a single sale :(
Smokey

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Ah well after a little break from the UF3P progress is going well and got some nice fixes coming... Finally found out how to fix that irritating bug with certain parts going from normal lighting to dark\no lighting depending on your viewing angle, turns out the lack of a alpha channel on the normalmap was causing it. If anyone knows of anymore instances of this dark\no lighting bug let me know! So far I've fixed edgetrim01_n.dds and wooddetails_n.dds.

No idea if this was fixed or not, but I just encountered this in the vanilla game (patched to the latest official patch):

If you sell exactly 8 sugar bombs to the appropriate character for the "unmarked quest" - it can subsequently cause all future encounters with that character to not have the dialogue option present to sell him any more sugarbombs. The only known fix that I found was to reload a save prior to the time that you had sold him 8 sugarbombs in a single sale :(

(applies to everyone) Please don't censor yourself for the sake for spoilers, just makes my work harder...
xxLindsAffec

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 am

(applies to everyone) Please don't censor yourself for the sake for spoilers, just makes my work harder...
shugarbomb quest
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Murphy%27s_Bombing_Run
josie treuberg

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Great to hear about the alpha channel fix. Looking forward greatly to the update when its ready. Thanks as always for your perfection reaching Unofficial Patches Quarn :cake:
Danny Blight

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Is the Manual version of this mod compatible with the Fallout Mod Manager's Package Manager feature? Or does someone have to write a script to make that installation method work?
Vivien

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Is the Manual version of this mod compatible with the Fallout Mod Manager's Package Manager feature? Or does someone have to write a script to make that installation method work?

Nope I forgot to... not like it is that hard to repack it so it works.
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:59 pm

A couple of floating items:

0001c0e2 - group of rocks hovering severely on one end
0007adf0 - topmost rock of group not touching ground
00018da3 - "second base" floating several inches above the ground

I spotted a couple of others before I started "taking names", so I'll have to wander back there at some point. That includes a ring of rocks with a single rock cluster in the center flying several feet up, really made me do a double-take when I first saw it.
Roddy

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 pm

I that ok that all issues in the bug tracker dissaperared?

BTW, when the next version of UF3P will be released?

P.S. Sorry, everything seems to be ok with the bug tracker right now.
Alessandra Botham

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:18 am

I that ok that all issues in the bug tracker dissaperared?

BTW, when the next version of UF3P will be released?

P.S. Sorry, everything seems to be ok with the bug tracker right now.

It will be a while, got alot of bugs to fix still.
maddison

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 am

Found lots of items (at least 50) floating in the Arlington library (i Think, it is a place with a lot of prewar books). Since there are more than 1000 items already on the "floating list" I don't want to send double reports... so does anyone know if those reports apply to library or not?
Catherine Harte

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Found lots of items (at least 50) floating in the Arlington library (i Think, it is a place with a lot of prewar books). Since there are more than 1000 items already on the "floating list" I don't want to send double reports... so does anyone know if those reports apply to library or not?

Yes, there's a bunch of stuff in the library on the list, but it's not a complete audit so I've probably missed some stuff
Epul Kedah

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Ok, I'll wait with reports until next patch release.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 pm

I think, for particularly bad areas, it would be much better to simply state the general nature of the object placement errors rather than list the FormID of every single little thing, and just let Quarn go through it at his discretion. Reporting a few instances from a given location works if there's only a couple of problems, but it can be easy to miss some things if you're just running past. One of the reason I report so many object placement errors is because I've been playing a stealth character - when you're crouched and moving slowly, floating objects and the like become a lot more visible.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 pm

here is something odd. there was this wastelander with a broken mr handy? civilian version and when i clicked on it i had options leave alone, fix wiring, or sabotage it. So i fixed it, talked to wastelander, got payed, but the robot didn't move, stayed there on the ground dead.
i grind hard

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:32 pm

About FO3 bugreport tracker and floating objects and flickering and misplaced objects....

Quarn, how about making report tracker showing already reported formids and thus avoiding (possible) double reports. Make a new field in which only formids are accepted and similar formids are shown like when using net browsers. I think it would be great for beforementined categories since no additional info is needed.

I don't know how many reports are expectedin the future to make my suggestion useful and worthwhile, it's just an idea.
Auguste Bartholdi

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3