Vault 207

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Rules:
No outside characters (they have lived in a vault there whole lives, thus having good/bad relationships with anyone introduced into the story line)
No heavy, or powerful energy weapons (were talking: lead pipes, switchblades,Energy pistols and rifles, brass knuckles, baseball bat's, 10mm pistols, retractable batons)
No double posting
No killing other characters, unless I give the OK (that will only happen if your post's are god aweful)
If your going to talk out of character type OOC: and the message you want to give.

I will be running the storyline progression, play along with it, get crafty on how to find solutions to problems.
Im using 3 characters, The Overseer, and a scientist. Just so I can evoke three different sides of the storyline for you to interact with. I will reveal all of them over time. I expect others only to make one (it will be enough)

Character sheets should look like this

Name:
Job: (security officer, student, small-gang member, restaurant owner, underground farmer, bar floosy/drunk)
History:
Weapon:
Appearence:
(copy and paste, fill in your info, get creative)

My First character:
Name: Dr. Katrina Kim
Race: Korean
Job: Scientist (Major in robotics)
History: In her years she has discovered much about nuclear radiation, even mildly exposing herself to it to run tests. No disfiguration because of it. She is known to be very cold, in some cases, quite mean. However without her, the water purifiers would have shut down a long time ago.
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Appearence: 5'11, 150lbs, Vault Labcoat, hair tied back

My Second character:
Name: Otis Kenerfick
Race: Irish/Hispanic
Job: Student/ Gang enforcer/ Boilerroom Engineer
History: His mom died when he was 8, his dad raised him to help him work in the boiler room, and keep him on the straight and narrow. That hasnt helped him however become a nuicence in the public eye.
Weapon: Brass knuckles, Lead pipe
Appearence: 6'1, 180lbs, usually wears either his Leather Jacket, or vault utility jumpsuit. Oiled slick black hair, dark complexion. Scar under the right side of his chin.

--------------------------------------
Vault Description: Vault 207 was the behemuth of all the other vaults, almost none opperate at the capacity it does,h olding over 200 citizens. The overwhelming size of the vault allows for spacial privelages most vaults just cant compare to. The underground farming provides nearly twice the food nececary to sustain the inhabitants, and freshwater is scifined off numerous scources including underground stream's untouched by radiation. For the scources that are, the water purifyer takes care of. Though the old gal does have a good amount of years on her. The Overseer Biron De Palma however... pushes his will on everyone around him, the job has been known to create a big head in other vaults aswell. But the pricepal in this vault is the same in anyother, you where born in the vault, you will die in the vault... or so it is said.
--------------------------
Raymond J. Ramirez

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 am

Name:Tawhiri Tamaki(Ta-fur-ree Tah-Mah-Key)
Race:Maori
Job: student/underground farmer
History:The only non-american in the vault. He gains much respect from his peers but is put down by the older folks. He was destined to be a Security officer but wanted to be a Farmer overall. He speaks very little but will always put a smile on peoples faces when he does speak.
Weapon:Police Baton
Appearence:6ft 7in tall. Tan skin tone. Facial hair(Handle bars and goatee). Wears Armored 207 Jumpsuit, hair combed back.
Nadia Nad

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:30 am

Name: Mark Delars
Race: Caucasion
Job: Robotics Expert ( he runs all of the automated security in the vault, and fixes the pipboys as his side job )
History: He was always facinated by technology and things like that, but his favorite things of all were robots and computers. He never was very social and he usually perfers to be alone. He found the best freinds he ever had were robots because they only say what is necessary and then were quiet. He doesn't like any other sciences and he thinks any one who disagrees with him is an idiot. He also doesn't like authority.
Weapon:Laser pistol, wrench
Apearance: RobCo jumpsuit( his ancestors worked for RobCo ) blonde shaggy hair, peircing blue eyes, usually grimy face from being inside a robot. somewhat pale skin. five eight in height.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey is this ok? his is always the sota character that I do, but do you think it is to much like your scientist? Please tell me if I need to change him.
-Edit- I edited because I acidentaly mispelled some stuff
Ryan Lutz

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:56 am

OOC: Nicely done, a few more and we gotta party. Tawhiri i'd just do a post later on when trouble arises, how he got the baton, like found it next to a dead security officer.

IC: "This is Katria Kim, the hour is 17:00, log number 312... Increased movement has been reported in the mining tunnel's outside of the vault parimeter. Those vault doors havent been opened before there where people IN the vault. Suvailence broke down years ago, but motion has been detected outside of it. Probably some Rad Roaches making a hive, but I cant be sure, will continue to monitor movement. Katrina rubbed her eye's getting off the monitor, and walked over to Mark working on the Mr.Handy. "What would we do without you mark? You know he bumped into a little girl and knocked her down some stairs? Needless to say the mother's pissed."
Chris Jones

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Name: Josh Vai
Race: Caucassian Male
Job: Gang Leader, Gang = The Black Hand
History: A Notorious Member Of The Vault Gang, "The Black Hand" Suspected Leader Of The Gang, Had A Tough Time Growing Up In The Vault
Weapon: Switchblade And 10mm Pistol (Silenced)
Appearence: Tall For His Age, Looks Older, Black Hair And Green-Brownish Eyes. Wears A Slightly Armoured Vault Suit.

That Okay?
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 am

OOC: Change race to an accual race, Black, white, mexican. Something like that, We know it's a male by the name. 12 is WAY too young to be a gang leader, try late teens. And the gang name has to go. "The black hand" is out of Oblivion. Make something original like "Atomic Doctorine" (dont ask me why im good at making names, just am) No silenced 10mm pistol, if you cant find it in the game, it aint goin threw here. Besides you wont need a silencer with what were facing, and remember you have to explain how you got the weapon.
This will be a good opportunity to release my second character.

----------

In the boiler room, Otis struggled to seal the hotwater pipe, finally it gave way. Otis wiped the grease from hands onto his jumpsuit, throwing on his leather jacket, he tookoff to the nearest bar. He order two shots of whiskey, soon after his boss and best friend Josh sat down next to him. The seven other members would soon show up for there daily routine. Of heckeling other vault members they didnt like, and trying to try and get some tail before the day ended.
Tiffany Carter

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Name: Jackson Dunnah
Race: Caucasian
Job: Diner employee
History: A young man constantly dissatisfied with his job, and the closed in community in general. He's got a good head on his shoulders though, and applies a cold, anolytical mind to every situation.
Weapon: Unarmed
Appearance: Close cut blond hair, blue eyes, reasonably athletic frame. Burn marks all over his arms because despite the fact he works at the restaurant, he's not particularly GOOD at it. Wears a regular old vault jumpsuit and stands an even six feet tall.

-------------------

Alright?
BethanyRhain

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm

OOC: Change race to an accual race, Black, white, mexican. Something like that, We know it's a male by the name. 12 is WAY too young to be a gang leader, try late teens. And the gang name has to go. "The black hand" is out of Oblivion. Make something original like "Atomic Doctorine" (dont ask me why im good at making names, just am) No silenced 10mm pistol, if you cant find it in the game, it aint goin threw here. Besides you wont need a silencer with what were facing, and remember you have to explain how you got the weapon.
This will be a good opportunity to release my second character.

----------

In the boiler room, Otis struggled to seal the hotwater pipe, finally it gave way. Otis wiped the grease from hands onto his jumpsuit, throwing on his leather jacket, he tookoff to the nearest bar. He order two shots of whiskey, soon after his boss and best friend Josh sat down next to him. The seven other members would soon show up for there daily routine. Of heckeling other vault members they didnt like, and trying to try and get some tail before the day ended.

Right

1. You can get silenced 10 mm Pistol in game.

2. Black Hand Is A Group Of Elite Infantry In Nod's Army On Command And Conquer, I Didn't Know It's In Oblivion.

3. And Live Where I Do, Some 10 Year Olds Have Gangs Around Here.
kiss my weasel

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:44 am

...You don't think it's a bit ridiculous to have a twelve year old running around the vault, which has security and a very strict social structure, with a silenced handgun?
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:59 am

Right

1. You can get silenced 10 mm Pistol in game.

2. Black Hand Is A Group Of Elite Infantry In Nod's Army On Command And Conquer, I Didn't Know It's In Oblivion.

3. And Live Where I Do, Some 10 Year Olds Have Gangs Around Here.

OOC: Unless you live in the barrio, it's the same little kid gangs who just ride around on bikes all day. Change the parameters I gave you, or dont play. I know it's strict, but that's how I roll.
Paula Rose

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:08 am

I'm Welsh, And These Kids Went Around Smashing Up The Windows With Crow Bars, They Even Broke Another Kid's Leg. Trust Me, I Know What I'm Doing.

These kids were real, they went around smashing up stuff. but now the police sorted them out.
Alex Vincent

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:08 am

what about me D?
Mr. Allen

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 am

OOC: guys remember to type OOC: before you say something out of character. Drake IDC change it. SO some little kids vandalised stuff, so did I when I was that age, it dosent mean I carried around a pistol. Change it or dont play... simple, but I hope you do. Alex your character is fine. NOW lets see some In character posting
Penny Courture

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:03 am

Yes, It Would Be A Bit Stupid. But It's Just An Idea, If It Makes You Happy,

Name: Josh Vai
Race: Caucasion
Job: No Job In General, Just Helps Out Around The Vault.
History: He Got His Weapons By Stealing Them From The Vault Armory, He Grew Up In The Vault, And Helps Around The Vault Wheneve Possible To Make Up
Weapon: 10mm Pistol, Switchblade.
Apearance: Tall, Green-Brownish Eyes, Smooth Black Hair.

Happy now?
Ladymorphine

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:14 am

Jackson Dunnah shuffled his way into the bar, shoving the door open with his shoulder. It'd been one very long day. Sometimes, it seemed like the whole blasted vault rushed off to get something to eat at his restaurant some days. Enough to drive him mad. The bar had a smell to it, stale recycled air. He had no concept to compare it to, but something never settled with him. It just felt off.

He slumped into a booth and let out an audible groan. It grew a sidelong look from the bartender, expecting the storm to start coming. Jackson's complaints were legendary. He'd start going and wouldn't stop for hours. Always something new for him to whine about.

"Grab me something will you?" Jackson asked with a helpless shrug "Something that'd strip the paint off the walls. I need to drink until I-"

The bartender shot him a look and Jackson snickered. He nodded and turned back to the table. He crossed his fingers in front of him and laid his chin down on the tops of his hands. This day needed to be over.
Gen Daley

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:12 am

Josh Emerged From His Small Room In The Vault, Walking Down The Coridors He Thought To Himself "i bet alot of people here want to get out, i think life in here is okay."
Portions

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:36 am

Working hard inside the mr. handy internal systems mark said (though under his breath) " Ah well I don't care if the mom is pissed, the girl should get out of the way of a robot on a mission. It ain't ganna ask you to please step out of the way, when it can bowl you over and get it done faster. Damn people". "So you think there are Radroaches making a hive of some sort down in the old tunnels?" mark said speaking up "well, I could send a protectron with a live video feed down there but I dont think I have a camera that will attach on to a protectron that will let it see the floor, and i dont wan't to send a handy down there because it will get ripped to shreds. If there are radroaches that is."

I could always go down there myself to try and repair the camera's in the tunnel but theres NO way im risking my ass over some darned radroaches.

After closing up the backplate of the mr. handy and getting some of the grime off of his face he says "well that should fix ol' Simon for a while." "Now is there anything else you needed? I got lots of work to do and I hear some Pip boys are malfunctioning, darn 2000 B models. I'm so glad I have a 3000 A, these things never break, even if there a bit more clunky."
scorpion972

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am

Josh Heads Down To Where Mark Is, He Enters And Walks To Mark, " Hey Mark! Still Working On That There Robot?"

Josh Pulls Out His 10MM And Looks At It, "Things Been Jammin' On Me Recently"
Mark

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 am

ooc: Wasn't your characters name Josh?
jasminε

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:53 am

"Naw" Mark repleid, turning around and pushing his glasses up on his nose better ( a nutorious habit of his(and mine :P)). " I don't really want to know how a gun jamming on you is a big deal, seeing as hopefully you won't have to use it ever." Turning to the robot he said "maitenence code 2l-1c" and the robot hovered off. "But anyways, I can look at it for you for a snack ration ticket, i'm starving." Mark said, turning back to Josh. "Before I do though, have you checked the barrel chamber? Sometimes the cartridges can get stuck in there. If that is your problem I can get the bullet out but I can't stop it from happening again. If you want to solve that problem for a good deal of time take it to the gunsmiths."
------
OOC: Sry i'm not that good smart with guns (in real life).
Another thing I just used tickets cause I don't know the Vault money and I rember being able to say something to butch like "what your mom eat up all the ration tickets again?" So whats the money ganna be?
Kim Bradley

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:50 am

OOC: Edited It For It Being Josh Not Drakelius Lol, Mixed Up With Other RP Char On Other RP.

IC:
"Well, Here Ya Go, And I Don't Recommend Looking Down The Barrel" Josh Hands Him The Gun And A Ration Ticket.
jason worrell

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:27 am

Name:Tom Lincoln
Race:Caucasion
Job:security officer
History:Always has been a tough officer and is nice to all the vault residents, except for the vaults gang members who he constantly nagging.
Weapon:Laser Rifle,10mm pistol
Appearence:6,6Ft tall 210 lbs flat top no moustache.
priscillaaa

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:02 pm

"REALLY?" Mark said full of sarcasm. "I'll look into it, once i'm done with fixing up the robots that just love to break down,but for now I have to get back to work"

Mark casts a look back at Katrina as he holsters the gun in a pocket of his jumpsuit and says " well if you need me for anything else just gimme a call, you know were 'll be. That goes for you as well Josh." See you guys later. Bye!
As Mark walked off he started to whistle a tune he always liked but never could put a name on it.

OOC: hey, like I said before I know nothing of guns so if you guys know of a way to unjam a gun plz tell me
:gun:
AnDres MeZa

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:34 am

OOC: I've noticed people add odd heights for their characters. Mine is that tall because most Polys are that tall with enough food. But this is a Post-Nuke war world. Process food also prevents much growth hormones from going where they need to.
Just a suggestion. Use more realistic heights. This is the first person i made that is taller than 6'2. For good reason.

On topic:
"Hmmm someones been messing with the food processing units" Checks power levels. "Check" Checks food sizes "Hmmm alright here" I should probably check the security cameras. Goes in search of Security officer to enter camera room.

OOC: Remember, he had a hard life of Nationalism(Anti-non American for example) so feel free to hate him or be nicer but expect some backlash. >:D
Ricky Rayner

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 am

ooc: I dunno. I used six feet even. I'm that height.
James Hate

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion