What do you do, straight out of the vault?

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:25 am

I go massacre Springvale Elementary, go to Big Town, roam around killing Raiders, go see Casdin and Fairfax. Pass by Andale and go to Megaton.
Lil Miss

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 am

get the sniper rifle out of the hollow rock outside megaton, sell crap to Moira, get Simms and Burke killed, get my house, get the strength bobblehead, then go exploring.
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm

get the sniper rifle out of the hollow rock outside megaton,

Yeah forgot about this.
Kortknee Bell

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:09 am

I always go to Springvale,loot the place then sit in the bus shelter and listen to the taped message from Dad.
Dunno why but I always do this.
Ash

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:44 pm

After leaving the vault, I role play. I might know where lots of goodies can be found, but my character doesn't.

Exactly what he said - it would make no sense if my character knew where everything was and what was going on in the world if he was fresh out of the vault.
megan gleeson

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 am

I simply explore around without any plans. Much better than heading straight to action.
Killer McCracken

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:47 pm

After leaving the vault, I role play. I might know where lots of goodies can be found, but my character doesn't.

Exactly what he said - it would make no sense if my character knew where everything was and what was going on in the world if he was fresh out of the vault.

Which is all fine and dandy, except that it doesn't work. ;)
gemma

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 am

1) Set Repair , Lockpick and Energy Weapon as tag skills,

2) Run to Megaton, and disarm the bomb, do the pipe repair, and level up to 4, take 2 swift runners and child at heart.

3) run to little lamp light and grab wazer wifle.

4) journey begins.
Sammygirl500

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 pm

I always Tag repair, lock pick and small guns then go to get Dogmeat, then I always try to head straight for Rivet City for that bobble head, yes I do die a lot on the way. Then I go to megaton and do quest from there and other things that need doing. I completed the game a good few times so I just mess around in the wastelands.
Sanctum

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

Swing by Springvale, destroy the Enclave spybot, then head to Megaton to get my house.

Then begin my plans to rule the world!
Kate Murrell

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 am

I always head straight for Rivet city when I leave the vault to get the intelligence bobblehead ...

This.
evelina c

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Loot the Springvale school, head to Megaton, fix the pipes & bomb. Get irradiated for Moira, since it's right there in town as well. From there, plans diverge.
Jade

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:32 am

I wander aimlessly, discovering all the locations I come across, though not neccasarily going inside them.

Then I choose a karma path and try to stick to it. I usually go with a money grabbing mercanary willing to do anything for some caps. No caps=No help.
Trish

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:11 am

I always head straight for Rivet city when I leave the vault to get the intelligence bobblehead ... and start the replicated man quest ... having A3-21's plasma rifle at level 2 rocks lol, then I usually go through anacostia crossing to the Museum of History/Underworld, kill Greta, recruit Charon, then to the scrapyard to get Dogmeat, and from theres its whatever

Isn't she like Gob's stepmother? No more discount on stims for you.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I know there's a thread like this about Oblivion, so I thought I would make one for Fallout 3.

Do you have a set routine for what you do, immediately after leaving the vault? Me, I always head straight for Megaton first. If I have something to sell, I sell it. I help out the water pipe guy for xp and the ability to sell Scrap Metal to him. I then disarm the bomb so that I can get a place to live. After that, I talk with Moira and at the very least do the first part of her questline, going to Super Duper Mart. That's a great way for me to get valuable loot early in the game (weapons, ammo and stimpaks) to stock up on and sell. And xp, of course. I often also do the rad quest for her, as it's very simple.

After all of that, it varies. Usually I will just head vaguely for Rivet City, exploring the ruins I come across on my way.

After two thousand hours, I skip Megaton for sometime. I leave the vault on very hard and I go to the Outcast outpost and do Operation Anchorage. Get geared up and just collect books and maybe go do the Pitt. I leave the outpost at level 8 with 3 to 4 hours. I may go to Megaton and do the side quests about level 20. In this fashion, the game generator makes the game more challenging, spawning more harder enemies and more of them. Also have noticed more random encounters too.
suniti

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:02 pm

I always head straight for Rivet city when I leave the vault to get the intelligence bobblehead ... and start the replicated man quest ...

I sort of do that, too, but I've another reason for going there. Right from the start I get that quest activated and complete it. The bobblehead is an added extra and not my real reason *points to signature* :P

These days I don't exit the vault, but start in alternate locations, though still make a beeline for Rivet City.
Jessica Colville

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 am

Which is all fine and dandy, except that it doesn't work. ;)

Could you elaborate, please? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
Amanda Leis

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am

get the sniper rifle out of the hollow rock outside megaton,

Never knew about this. :shocking:

Could you elaborate, please? I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I meant that it is fine to pretend that you don't know where all the juicy things are; when you're roleplaying, that's the spirit. Unfortunately, it doesn't work because you KNOW where those things are and you cannot remove them from your memory. If only we could wipe out all we know about the game and return to that very first moment when we popped in the disk and rubbed our hands in anticipation...
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:11 am

Never knew about this. :shocking:

I meant that it is fine to pretend that you don't know where all the juicy things are; when you're roleplaying, that's the spirit. Unfortunately, it doesn't work because you KNOW where those things are and you cannot remove them from your memory. If only we could wipe out all we know about the game and return to that very first moment when we popped in the disk and rubbed our hands in anticipation...

You can, but it would require removing just a smidgen of some brain tissue... Here take a whiff of some of this... :nuts:
Marcus Jordan

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 am

Usually, I go straight to megaton, but I also once went straight to tranquility lane and once I went and completed Operation:Anchorage as soon as I left the vault.
Leilene Nessel

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:16 am

Once i leave vault 101 i discover the locations near then head to megaton disarm/rig the bomb sell then i go to GNR to fix the satilete then if nothing else to do skip to tranquility lane XD
Taylor Thompson

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 am

I know there's a thread like this about Oblivion, so I thought I would make one for Fallout 3.

Do you have a set routine for what you do, immediately after leaving the vault? Me, I always head straight for Megaton first. If I have something to sell, I sell it. I help out the water pipe guy for xp and the ability to sell Scrap Metal to him. I then disarm the bomb so that I can get a place to live. After that, I talk with Moira and at the very least do the first part of her questline, going to Super Duper Mart. That's a great way for me to get valuable loot early in the game (weapons, ammo and stimpaks) to stock up on and sell. And xp, of course. I often also do the rad quest for her, as it's very simple.

After all of that, it varies. Usually I will just head vaguely for Rivet City, exploring the ruins I come across on my way.

*Possible Spoiler*

Get to Megaton and do what is necessary to get the Free House. Important if you need a place to drop off a lot of loot in order to build your own weapons a bit later in the game.
Honey Suckle

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 7:07 am

1 Leave Vault
2.Collect Underpants
4.Profit.

ahahahahaaha
i love you
Michael Korkia

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:16 am

I like to pick a random direction and keep going until I reach the edge of the map, exploring places as I go. This most likely means not going to Megaton until much later, so I made a mod that adds a merchant right outside Vault 101, with a safe and workbench next to it, to support my playstyle.
Maria Leon

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 am

My last 2 playthroughs were a combination of the following:

Oasis (for quest reward item - can be eventful making ya way there early on in game)
Rivet City for bobblehead
Lucky Haris shop....
Megaton side quests (not survival guide)
Anchorage very early on - rush through get the loot.

Lately I've been going to gidershade early on to start the quest there that ultimately ends with the hockey mask. Also doing the above allows several other bobbleheads to be collected nice and early such as agility, repair etc.

After that its DLC then pick up the vanila quests and main story. It's good fun doing GNR, Washington DC area etc at level 20+ :D
Wanda Maximoff

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3