What do you do, straight out of the vault?

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 am

Depending on how much I am carrying, I will go to Springvale School and/or Super Duper Mart, then will head to megaton to unload my gear and do the Wasteland Survival Guide.
Harinder Ghag

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:06 am

If I want to be really overpowered I put my luck on 10 then I go behind vault101 make a save right before the farm next to the underpass keep reloading until you get the space ship encounter. So you have one alien gun now make your way to the alien crash site for a second. That gets old fast so I usually go where the wind takes me.
Christine

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

I head straight to the Outcast outpost and do Operation Anchorage. I level up from level 3 to 8 in two hours and score on some sweet gear. I grind until level 10 and then go to Point lookout and pick up the superior defender park. At level 12 I choose robotics expert and go to the Nuca cola plant and get the clear formula and sell it to Goalie Ledoux. I then kill Him for His mask and raise AP. I look for all unique clothing to raise my SPECIAL, maxing perception first. Right now I'm at level 24 and have 24 hours on the girl character. Trying to average one level per hour.
Krystal Wilson

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am

when i get out the vault i head straight for the alien crashed ship and get the alien blaster then go to megaton defuse the bomb and get myself a house i do the exact same thing every time
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:07 am

You can, but it would require removing just a smidgen of some brain tissue... Here take a whiff of some of this... :nuts:

Or a bit of "here, smoke this every hour for 5 years and then we'll talk"
Anthony Santillan

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:49 am

I usually go kill/speech check Springvale girl, then go to Megaton, sell all the stuff I hoarded from the vault, buy some usefull stuff, disarm the bomb for caps and home, dump stuff in home; then I go explore :).
Matt Terry

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 am

I spin around and randomly stop, heading out in that direction to see what awaits me in this new, harsh looking world.
jodie

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Never knew about this. :shocking:

I meant that it is fine to pretend that you don't know where all the juicy things are; when you're roleplaying, that's the spirit. Unfortunately, it doesn't work because you KNOW where those things are and you cannot remove them from your memory. If only we could wipe out all we know about the game and return to that very first moment when we popped in the disk and rubbed our hands in anticipation...

Just because you know doesn't mean you have to do it. That's the major difference between roleplaying and gameplaying.
Meghan Terry

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 am

first playthrough I didn't know what the hell I was doing and somehow made it all the way to the
Republic of Dave. It was about a week before I figured out what I had to do. Now however, the
first thing I do is make nice with the OutCast, get a certain sniper rifle, find some special Armor
in DC, load up on 7.62x54 APC rounds, and earn caps. lots of caps.
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Or a bit of "here, smoke this every hour for 5 years and then we'll talk"

I didn't know you could smoke punga.
Kayla Oatney

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 6:26 am

First time I played it I didn′t know where to go, so I explored Springvale and wandered through the wastes gazing at the desolate scenery, looting everything I could find and blasting some raiders, until I finally found out where I had to go...
Gavin Roberts

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 am

I know there's a thread like this about Oblivion, so I thought I would make one for Fallout 3.

Do you have a set routine for what you do, immediately after leaving the vault? Me, I always head straight for Megaton first. If I have something to sell, I sell it. I help out the water pipe guy for xp and the ability to sell Scrap Metal to him. I then disarm the bomb so that I can get a place to live. After that, I talk with Moira and at the very least do the first part of her questline, going to Super Duper Mart. That's a great way for me to get valuable loot early in the game (weapons, ammo and stimpaks) to stock up on and sell. And xp, of course. I often also do the rad quest for her, as it's very simple.

After all of that, it varies. Usually I will just head vaguely for Rivet City, exploring the ruins I come across on my way.

Same for me, except that I've never actually helped out the water pipe guy and always accept the letter-courier quest at Moriarty's.
SaVino GοΜ

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:07 am

I go to Springvale and loot it/rob Silver. Then it's off to Megaton where I help out Walter, talk to Moriarty and start the Wasteland Survival Guide. I then usually go to Arefu or will wander around the metros leveling up.
Emilie M

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:47 am

I go to Springvale and loot it/rob Silver. Then it's off to Megaton where I help out Walter, talk to Moriarty and start the Wasteland Survival Guide. I then usually go to Arefu or will wander around the metros leveling up.

same as me but i dont wander into the metros leveling up...i do but not so quick. I hate that Moria girl that gives that quest shes so whiny and annoying ugh. Cant wait till im done with the Quest.
Jimmie Allen

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 am

I'm like everyone else here, I grab done stuff lying around Springvale (avoiding the school) then head to Megaton to log some quests and get the armoured Vault 101 suit.

After that, I usually head north to Arefu. Heading into DC or anywhere south is usually quite dangerous at a low level. Though the diagonal path to Tenpenny Tower is surprisingly safe.

I'm gonna start a newgame very soon, I think I'm gonna tag Energy Weapons, Science and one other. Maybe Speech.
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm like everyone else here, I grab done stuff lying around Springvale (avoiding the school) then head to Megaton to log some quests and get the armoured Vault 101 suit.

After that, I usually head north to Arefu. Heading into DC or anywhere south is usually quite dangerous at a low level. Though the diagonal path to Tenpenny Tower is surprisingly safe.

I'm gonna start a newgame very soon, I think I'm gonna tag Energy Weapons, Science and one other. Maybe Speech.

did you buy NV?
Judy Lynch

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:23 pm

did you buy NV?

I certainly did, and I like it a lot. Am still playing it now, though tend to switch between F3 and FNV quite regularly.
aisha jamil

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

I certainly did, and I like it a lot. Am still playing it now, though tend to switch between F3 and FNV quite regularly.

cool cool what do you like better?
Aaron Clark

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 5:57 am

cool cool what do you like better?

I like the cool new features of New Vegas but the atmosphere and story of Fallout 3. Overall, F3 is my favourite as it's given me so many memories and exciting adventures. Even though I haven't completed FNV yet I still keep coming back to F3.

We are going a bit off-topic here. We can discuss more in one of the comparison threads, there are always about 500 going on at any one time. :)
Marilú

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Type 'coc RC HangarDeckAft' and grab INT bobblehead, just before I hit LVL 2. Then fast travel back to Vault 101 and continue. I would pass Springvale, not searching for anything yet. Talk to Micky, give him a bottle of Purified Water (You can get this by going in to the room where the gaurds come out in the Vault 101 Entrance). Next I'll talk to Lucas Simms and Speech the 500 caps for The Power of the Atom quest, go get Mr Burke to tell me about Leo Stahl's... problems and then start a little fire fight, killing Burke before he takes out Simms. Then I can walk around looking cool. Afterwards I'd go and Speech the key from Leo and loot his chems. If I need to get to Level 3 for a bit more Explosives skill then I fix the pipes for Walter. 200 caps and XP for the reward. Bump up my Explosives to 20 and use Mentats for a 5+ boost. Then I can disarm the bomb and get a reasonable house in Megaton. Then I carry on with quests, unmarked quests, etc.
Caroline flitcroft

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 am

The first time i ever played fallout 3, i roleplayed my character, and the first thing i did when he escaped the vault (apart from stare for a while) was pick up a metal tire rim, and set it rolling down the hill towards Springvale.
I mean, living life in the Vault, the Lone Wanderer wouldn't (probably) have seen a wheel that big. Its just something that crossed my mind the first time i played, and now i do it everytime. Kind of a strange ritual, to remind myself of the first time i played. :)
James Rhead

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:19 am

I usually go over to Springvale and the Springvale school, then visit the woman in the house (silver ?) get some caps from her , move on to megaton, disarm the bomb, do moira's first chapter, go on to aiding the outcasts, then on to mothership zeta. Anything after that is wherever i decide to go. that varies.
Lexy Dick

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:49 am

I like the cool new features of New Vegas but the atmosphere and story of Fallout 3. Overall, F3 is my favourite as it's given me so many memories and exciting adventures. Even though I haven't completed FNV yet I still keep coming back to F3.

We are going a bit off-topic here. We can discuss more in one of the comparison threads, there are always about 500 going on at any one time. :)

yah i think that F3 is better than FNV also. F3 was tougher and was alot more fun than FNV. I do like FNV dont get me wrong just somethings they couldve added in there to make it better than F3.- Off topic.
Makenna Nomad

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:17 am

I'm on my first playthrough, I wandered aimlessly for a few hours. I did get caps from Silver though, and finally started Mioras quest.
Avril Louise

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I am kind of new to this game and was wondering if someone here can help me out. I started the game heading to Megaton and after getting the "following in his footsteps (FIHF)" quest activated I decided I would go through the whole Survivor guide quest for Moira before continuing with FIHF. But at some point during that side quest I talked to a character who apparently is further along in the FIHF quest and now when I look at my quest list, FIHF is gone, replaced by a new further along quest. The marker for the radio station is gone from my map. No talk to bulldog (or whatever the dj's name is) etc.

Can I get this quest back since I would still like to go through it correctly? Any tips would be appreciated.
Kat Stewart

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3