What do you do, straight out of the vault?

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:01 pm

@mike3717:

You may want to check some of the notes on the wiki guide, particularly walkthru notes about the main quest. I've never had this happen to me.
Len swann

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:44 am

I haul ass for Megaton and complete the Wasteland Survival Guide asap, it's fun, gets you some good map markers, and is a good way to level early on.
vanuza

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:00 am

I am kind of new to this game and was wondering if someone here can help me out. I started the game heading to Megaton and after getting the "following in his footsteps (FIHF)" quest activated I decided I would go through the whole Survivor guide quest for Moira before continuing with FIHF. But at some point during that side quest I talked to a character who apparently is further along in the FIHF quest and now when I look at my quest list, FIHF is gone, replaced by a new further along quest. The marker for the radio station is gone from my map. No talk to bulldog (or whatever the dj's name is) etc.

Can I get this quest back since I would still like to go through it correctly? Any tips would be appreciated.

Is the new quest called 'The Search Continues' by any chance? I managed to do this once by
Spoiler
speaking to Dr Li at Rivet City about Dad before reaching GNR

If you are playing on PC then you can reset any quest via console command. If not, then you have to revert to an earlier savegame.

And it's Three Dog. :)
cutiecute

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:13 am

Current character:
Headed to Megaton. Made fun of Simms. Giggled in real life as I was doing it for like my the fourteenth character, this never seems to get old for me. Killed a man named Burke. Killed a woman named Silver. Heard about Paradise Falls, some day baby, I'll make it there. And if I can make it there, I can make it anywhere. :turtle:
Claire

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:06 am

First I kill Silver, Loot Springvale. Then Go to Megaton, and make fun of Simms hat. Disarm the bomb after passing the speech check. Then I get the dream crusher perk, sell all my stuff to Moira. Afterwards I get settled in the Maintenance shed(mod). Then go get the hunting rifle behind the school, and slaughter the Raiders :)

I do pretty much the same. lol
casey macmillan

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:23 am

Obtain the sniper rifle in the hollowed-out rock behind Megaton, then take out the raiders on the bridge overpass every three days for another sniper rifle each time they respawn (targeting grenades they've just thrown, grenades dangling from belts, and cars nearby makes this fun).

This is to tide me over until i get to Operation Anchorage and glitch an indestructible one.

i friggin' love sniper rifles.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 am

I do pretty much the same. lol

Dream Crusher? Boooo, you heartless cad! :P

I personally always go for Wasteland Survival Guide, as making Moira sad depresses me, and the perk you get for acing WSG is much better than Dream Crusher.
ZzZz

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 5:04 am

I crushed her dreams for first time on my current playthrough, nice little perk & only found out about it through reading spoilers on this site!

I've avoided her survival guide missions in many playthroughs to help slow down xp being gained.... feel like a twit now :)
Lucy

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am

I've only started one game but for what it's worth first off I went right but got attacked by a dog and took that as a sign that that wasn't the best route so went to Springvale, spoke to Silver who asked me to tell the bar owner that she'd left or something, anyway nothing seemed to come of it, raided the school and ended up with a few weapons. Explored towards the river and finally went to Megaton where I killed Burke and got the sheriff killed (starting a game by orphaning a child was bit upsetting). The first quests I did were the letter delivery and disarming the bomb.
brandon frier

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 7:06 am

I only got the game 4 days ago so this is my second time playing it. I messed up the first try.

I am going for the good karma trophies.

I looted Springvale, then told Silver I would keep her secret for free. I avoided going into the school after the last painful encounter on the first try were I got pinned down in a dark room with raiders coming at me.

I will go back later.

Went to the Super Duper Mart because I wanted the energy pistol. And sneaked out again.

And because I have no guidebook yet, it has not come yet.

Walked round Megaton in that dark for a bit wondering were Megaton was, and 'what is this big rock thing'?

Waited till daytime and saw the door to Megaton.

Will head for Megaton after dealing with Silver and looting Springvale in future playthroughs.
Project

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:39 am

After I leave the vault, I go to Springvale, get Silver's caps. Loot the rest of it, then go to Megaton. I do Moira's Rad quest, then her super duper mart, then after I get some ammo and supplies from there, I qhipe out Springvale School. By the time that's over, I'll have about 800 caps. I do the minefield quest and unload my mines. If I don't have 1,000 caps, then I'll do Power of the Atom. Once I get my 1,000 caps, I do the rest of Moira (typically I blow up Megaton so I know where the museum and Tenpenny Tower is, but not always). The 1,000 caps are my excess stimpak funds when i don't have high enough barter or enough stuff.
Nany Smith

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:19 am

Blow up Megaton.
Naomi Lastname

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:09 am

The first thing I do is kill that junky hoker in a house near Megaton and steal all her money.
u gone see

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 9:12 am

The first thing I do is kill that junky hoker in a house near Megaton and steal all her money.

this

although I speech check her first to get 400 caps then exploit some bug that makes her have another 100 caps when she's dead
Hot

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 am

I tend to do pretty much the same thing every time I exit the vault for the first time. I set my skills up just enough so I can tinker with the bomb in Megaton. I explore all the ruined houses in Springvale collecting junk to sell or keep, then I head to Megaton. Since I always play an evil character and perfer to live in Tenpenny Tower I always set the bomb to explode, but first I do all the tiny quests to earn money like talk to Silver or help fix the pipes for Walter so he'll pay me, then I steal money from the Brass Lantern and steal weapons and ammo from the Armory, and I talk to Leo Stahl into giving up his chems so I can loot them all. I always make sure to talk to Moira so I can start the Wasteland Survival Guide and I hack Moriarty's computer so I'll know where Dad is. After I've taken everything I need from Megaton I travel to Tenpenny Tower and set off the nuclear bomb. :)

Edit: Oh and I make sure to get the Strength Bobblehead from Simm's house.
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:57 am

I start with FWE's Enclave Refugee start which puts me next to Raven Rock wearing leather armor, armed with combat knife and plasma rifle with 60 ammo and 4 stimpacks. Then I have to cross the entire capital wasteland to reach Megaton, in it's own right it's like a really fun survival quest.
Lillian Cawfield

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 am

I stand at the scenic overlook for a minute then turn to kill the raiders on the overpass. Mainly for the hunting rifle. Then I assault the school for ammo and caps. Next onto cap silver for mor caps and ammo. Then I either go clean out fairfax or disarm the bomb.
Doniesha World

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 am

Depends. Some times will bookst my skills when leaving the vault, so that i can disarm the bomb in megaton. Sometimes i will skip it all together and just start tring to kill stuff in the wastes. I think my next build will sstay away from all towns.. If i cant find it, i dont need it.
abi

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 6:53 am

Go to silver's house, get some money whether i kill her or not. then go to megaton, defuse or rig the bomb (if i rig it to explode i then first smash and grab megaton to get some loot) then if i nuked megaton i do tenpenny tower mybe the MQ or addon, if i don't nuke megaton i do some WLSG, and arefu.
natalie mccormick

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am

I go to Megaton, talk to lucas Simms ask for area outside of megton(I dont do power of atom quest yet) just to get Rivet city on my map go to Crater supply sell my stuff , then head to rivet city get bobble, then go back to Megaton do Bomb, pipes, and after since I have DLC I go do anchorage(like do my term in the military)
Cccurly

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:46 am

I allways head for the bed under the bridge next to SDM. There I organize my stuff, kill some of the nearby raiders and start collecting bubbleheads.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 5:37 am

I'll check the mailboxes at the homes that are down the street from 101, go in Silver's house, get some money, go to into the elementary school, kill some raider, then go to Megaton, talk to Lucas, disarm the bomb, get reward, go to Moira, and do some a quest from her.
Stat Wrecker

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm

(Megaton, plain and simple for me, and some scaving on the way there.)
rheanna bruining

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 am

First Thing i do usually is head for the hidden sniper near megaton.Then i head into town get as much caps as i can then i head to evergreen mills to get the terrible shotgun and on the way pick up Dog Meat then i head back to megaton and do the Main Quests
Justin Hankins

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:50 am

The first thing I usually do is head over to Megaton and ask about defusing the bomb, complete that and then get the house as its pretty vital when you pick up stuff and need to store things. Then, I usually visit Moira and Colin to get their quests started. After I have completed the starting point of those to start my adventure into the capital wasteland, I kind of roam around awhile before the quests because I like randomly running into Sam Warrick, the sniper, if I can. I played a few files before and that never happened. Then, one day out of the blue he just happened passed me and tried to kill me so I shot him back and took his stuff. Then, I just do quests and whatever I want basically.
neen

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3