What do you do, straight out of the vault?

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 11:16 am

I know there's a thread like this about Oblivion, so I thought I would make one for Fallout 3.

Do you have a set routine for what you do, immediately after leaving the vault? Me, I always head straight for Megaton first. If I have something to sell, I sell it. I help out the water pipe guy for xp and the ability to sell Scrap Metal to him. I then disarm the bomb so that I can get a place to live. After that, I talk with Moira and at the very least do the first part of her questline, going to Super Duper Mart. That's a great way for me to get valuable loot early in the game (weapons, ammo and stimpaks) to stock up on and sell. And xp, of course. I often also do the rad quest for her, as it's very simple.

After all of that, it varies. Usually I will just head vaguely for Rivet City, exploring the ruins I come across on my way.
P PoLlo

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 am

I head to megaton i do the bomb disposal then moira's quest then head to GNR. this maybe should have been put in spoilers just on the safe side? Probably not needed as it's straight out of the vault + if they don't want to know what happens after vault they should not read the "What do you do, straight out of the vault?" thread reallly. :D
ShOrty

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 6:39 am

I always go to Springvale then Megaton. Springvale first is almost a tradition to me. It was impressive when I played my first game and I keep going there since then.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 pm

First I kill Silver, Loot Springvale. Then Go to Megaton, and make fun of Simms hat. Disarm the bomb after passing the speech check. Then I get the dream crusher perk, sell all my stuff to Moira. Afterwards I get settled in the Maintenance shed(mod). Then go get the hunting rifle behind the school, and slaughter the Raiders :)
TWITTER.COM

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:24 am

Due to my style of play (look it up) I have to be VERY careful when I'm starting out since obviously my sneak isnt where I need it to be yet...the whole Megaton thing is first of course and then the tougher parts....Moira's SuperDuper Mart quest since it's dark and I can get through the whole store without a hit pretty easily, then Grayditch with the Wilks kid...I do that also without a hit, picking off the ants from the clifftops while hidden and then it's off to the Sewers and Metro tunnels to sneak kill Ghouls & Lurks and Raiders...dark places for a dark stealthy character....when I'm built up enough it's off to the DC ruins!
Kevan Olson

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:28 am

Usually i clear Springvale elementary before moving into Megaton, but now with FWE mod that isn't such a good idea anymore. I do the Power of Atom one way or the other in the beginning, then depending on how i resolved that quest, i start either Wasteland Survival Guide, or Tenpenny Tower quest.
Daniel Holgate

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 7:59 am

well the very first time i left the vault i ended up on a overpass and got a sniper rifle. now i usually head to springvale and get 300 caps from that lady
Toby Green

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Kill Silver, Go to Megaton, finish Power of Atom quest (either blowing Megaton up or saving it), from there:
Sometimes I do the MQ

Most o the times I just begin playing depending on what character. With good characters I usually help Arefu and Big Town, with bad I go to Paradise Falls and with neutral I just explore...
LuBiE LoU

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 5:35 am

I usually visit Springvale Elementary School and the Super Duper Mart. And usually focus on Moira's questline.

Kill Silver, Go to Megaton, finish Power of Atom quest (either blowing Megaton up or saving it), from there:
Sometimes I do the MQ

Most o the times I just begin playing depending on what character. With good characters I usually help Arefu and Big Town, with bad I go to Paradise Falls and with neutral I just explore...

Are you saying you kill Silver with good characters :o
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 am

Ya, I hate her and the karma loss isn't terrible... Sometimes I talk my way into the caps if I feel like it...
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 6:42 am

I usually head over to Silver's Shack and grab some caps right at the start, then head over to Megaton and do 'Power of the Atom' as well as doing the first two parts of the WSG; afterwards I'll grab Lucy West's quest as well as the Minefield part of the WSG
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:02 am

I leave my stuff in the first mail box in springvale then I go for a raider hunt at the school, so when I make it into megaton I have already some optional weapons aside the overseer's 10mm pistol and my baseball bat.
joeK

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 am

1 Leave Vault
2.Collect Underpants
4.Profit.
Juan Suarez

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 5:52 am

I go to Megaton, sell my stuff, do the quest for Walter. Leave Megaton, clear out the school talk to and/or kill Silver steal her stuff. Head back to Megaton take care of the bomb. Get Arafu quest, survival guide quest etc.
Jani Eayon

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 am

i usually immediately start hacking my character up to level 30 and pick all his specials and stuff and then play from there. i make all my skills around 70 or so except the tagged ones which i make 80 and i let the books and bobble heads finish it out. i find character levelling immersive breaking and the only thing that should improve is the equipment you use. :) i figure that the books (which i like the concept of) simulate your character gaining experience and knowledge.
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

i collect everything that i can in vault 101, i then proceed to megaton and see everything.
i then go back to the town outside of vault 101 and open the 2 safes and move on to the school.
Sophie Miller

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 am

Operation Anchorage.
lucile davignon

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Upon leaving the vault, I always stand atop the "scenic outlook" and survey the wasteland for a moment. It's a nice moment of reflection before plunging into chaos.
Erich Lendermon

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:00 pm

I always head straight for Rivet city when I leave the vault to get the intelligence bobblehead ... and start the replicated man quest ... having A3-21's plasma rifle at level 2 rocks lol, then I usually go through anacostia crossing to the Museum of History/Underworld, kill Greta, recruit Charon, then to the scrapyard to get Dogmeat, and from theres its whatever
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:17 pm

After leaving the vault, I role play. I might know where lots of goodies can be found, but my character doesn't.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:32 am

I go see Silver....steal her monies, then go to Megaton and help out the people there.

Generally I go through the MQ until the Enclave make an appearance, just so I can trade their stuff for ammo and stimpaks at the local fort :)
Then its roleplaying and side quests (and maybe some DLC's) until I can be bothered to avenge Daddy's death.

Mainly the RPing involves slaving, but lately, I've decided to play a good character, so I used the Robco mod perk to bring back like 5 robots that I killed, then we STORMED Paradise Falls.
With a Mr. Gusty, a Sentry Bot, 2 Protectrons and a RoboBrain, I hardly broke a sweat :)

I just wish I have Fraps....or a DVD recorder plugged into my TV, it was one EPIC fight :)
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Take what items i can find around Springdale the go to Megaton and see Moira
Roy Harris

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 3:55 am

as soon as i leave the vault i go searching 4 a hunting rife and ammo as well as looting the ruined houses in springvale
Sophh

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 1:30 am

I collect everything I can in Springvale that's worth bothering with, although I leave Silver alone these days (don't really need the caps), then I head for Rivet City to get the INT bobblehead as well as collecting everything there that's worth bothering with, then I go to Flak & Shrapnel's and start stocking up on ammo. After that I go into the metro at Anacostia and work my way up to Museum Station, from there I go to the Museum of History to open up Tulip for additional armaments/armor. Then I do the pipe repairs in Megaton to enable selling Scrap Metal to Walter, as well as getting Leo Stahl's stash key by convincing him to kick his habit, the latter for easy access to Buffout since I always do the Endurance route for WSG.
Beat freak

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 12:59 pm

simple. Find the Target. Kill the Target.

take everything you find. sell everything.

walk. run. jump. kill.

thats pretty much it.
Tracy Byworth

Next

Return to Fallout 3