Which faction can fully restore the Capitol Wasteland?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:41 am

it absolutely boggles my mind why there are so many adamant pro enclave people on these forums. they are completely evil! they are the ultimate bad guys in the wasteland. haven't you played the game?

i think the bos under elder lyons have the best intentions as far as helping the wasteland.
Bek Rideout

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:49 am

To bad they will kill off any humans that haven't been locked in a Vault. Because they believe they have become sick in some way.
[start sarcasm]
So yes, definitley the Enclave could restore order and peace to the CW by killing everyone that are not mutated(the people of Megaton for example). So after that they will inbreed to re-populate the CW.
[end of sarcasm]

Isn't peace achieved by having no enemies?
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 am

Is it fair to end the lives of the innocent because they are considered impure?
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 am

If, a big if, the scientists with Dr. Li and
Spoiler
Ashur in the Pitt
could team up.... it's a distant possibility.
Amber Hubbard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:58 am

Umm why do they need to kill everything (except for Ferals and Muties, and other mutated creatures) why can't they just negotiate with the people of the CW. It isn't right, not at all. :shakehead:

Exactly^^
Kit Marsden

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 pm

BOS' isn't to restore the CW in anyway. It is gain technology(outcats), protect their own organization(both), or protect the people(CW BOS). They barelly have enough esources to survive on their o2n...and recently protecting the people is making the dwindle twice as fast....

Even if BS ending changes things into the favor of a side........

BOS still got SM to deal with. Even if they know where they are now...how does that stop the SM. They have no idea how to stop the process.

I have seen BOS loose to raiders....
And the sadest thing of all is that they are the closest to having the ability to repair the CW....

I love elipses
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:29 am

If there are no other alternatives, yes.
And note that in Capital Wasteland's situation, the FEV plan is not to be taken into question. Autumn would be pressing the button and no matter what Eden's little plan wouldn't happen,
Spoiler
especially after Liberty Prime smashed Raven Rock

Autumnists, however, are still full of life and we don't know whether Autumn would return to lead the Enclave. Since the good-guy LW is the canon-LW, we must note that Lyons says that she is not surprised that LW spared Autumn should LW be good karma, and that she suggests to be cautious about his future return, and therefore Autumn being spared and surviving is one of the scenarios to consider.
GLOW...

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 am

Autumnists, however, are still full of life and we don't know whether Autumn would return to lead the Enclave. Since the good-guy LW is the canon-LW, we must note that Lyons says that she is not surprised that LW spared Autumn should LW be good karma, and that she suggests to be cautious about his future return, and therefore Autumn being spared and surviving is one of the scenarios to consider.

Wait, what? You can spare him? Really? . . . Ohhh is that the insane speech check I always fail?
Dorian Cozens

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 am

Wait, what? You can spare him? Really? . . . Ohhh is that the insane speech check I always fail?

Yes. But, I think you can also use Intelligence. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 am

Charisma 7 and speech 80 and you'll always win. There are multiple ways to convince him to give up, ranging from "you have nothing left" to "see this vial? Eden stabbed your back, [censored]"
Kanaoka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:06 am

yes, but the enclave considers everyone but them and people in vaults Mutants.

This.

And the BoS won't restore the CW, they will restore mankind itself.
Lynne Hinton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 am

This.

With what?
Hairul Hafis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:31 am

This.

I think that they can restore the CW, but mankind? Never. They don't have the resources, soldiers, or enough firepower. The Enclave is the only faction that can restore America. They have their own factories, manufacture their own power armor, etc..

However, I don't agree with their tactics of killing anything that is deemed impure. How can you restore a country, if its population is gone? Which is why I do not support them.

However, no faction can restore all of mankind.
Philip Rua

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 pm

I think that they can restore the CW, but mankind? Never. They don't have the resources, soldiers, or enough firepower. The Enclave is the only faction that can restore America. they have their own factories, manufacture their own power armor, etc..

However, I don't agree with their tactics of killing anything that is deemed impure. How can you restore a country, if its population is gone?

That that's where Autumn steps in :nod:
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 am

None, the CW will always be what it is. The BOS is like the last couple of years in Vietnam, no need or use being in there anymore. The Enclave is to scattered and disorginized like the VC after Tet, and the others are just keeping it real with what the CW is.
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am

To the Enclave, this is one of those situations where the end justifies the means.
Tracy Byworth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

But the Enclave s dead after BS.

If the Brotherhood ou East get things going they could restore America with the Enlcave tech, wich would still mean it'd be the BoS saving the world.
Multi Multi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:42 am

To the Enclave, this is one of those situations where the end justifies the means.

Quoting President Richardson (d. 2242):

"It's hardly necessary [...] If there was some other way... But there isn't."
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 pm

But the Enclave s dead after BS.

If the Brotherhood ou East get things going they could restore America with the Enlcave tech, wich would still mean it'd be the BoS saving the world.

Dead? Yeah, maybe from the Capitol Wasteland. Raven Rock and the Crawler are just some of the bases they have. The Crawler probably meant nothing for them. The Enclave are not dead, but they received a blow in the East Coast.
Lynette Wilson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Brotherhood, but they also kinda svck alot imo
Becky Palmer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 am

Brotherhood, but they also kinda svck alot imo

Says Frank Horrigan who lives in the Oil Rig? Fine. :D
Jade Muggeridge

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:07 am

The Brotherhood Of Steel.
They definately can restore it.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 am

Depends on what you mean by "restore". If it's to rebuild a healthy, stable society like pre-war America, then the Enclave and their "purification" process, however morally objectionable it is, is by far the most likely to actually do it. The Enclave is the only group that understands anything about how to govern a state - their propaganda, while crude to our ears, would probably sound pretty good to most Wastelanders, especially after they arrive in force. Of course, eventually they would kill all of them, but presumably they would treat their own descendants well when they slowly repopulate the land. That being said, they are indeed genocidal and morally evil by most counts.

The BOS worships technology too much, without any understanding of how to actually mobilize people outside of their elite few. If they really wanted to rebuild, they would need to protect villages and settlements, have the people in them work on roads, farms, etc., tax them for goods so they can have more than their pitiful resources, etc. However, because of their stubborn focus on technology and their own group, which Lyons doesn't differ enough from, they managed to do just about nothing in 22 years for the capital wasteland, despite entering when there was a complete power vacuum that they could have filled.

So basically, even though LW helps the BOS win vs the Enclave, I feel that (without further help from the LW) the BOS won't do anything more than just make the wastes a bit safer and water cleaner, while also keeping their members safe. 100 years of BOS rule later, though, the wasteland would probably be no more safe or less impoverished than it is now...
phillip crookes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 am

I don't believe the term "restore" fits well here.

Each faction will have their own own outcome.

The Enclave will most likely have the most potent effect due to their resources.

The Raider's and merc types certainly are after their own means.

Personally I don't think the BoS (In Fallout 3) even knows what they're doing anymore.

The outcasts, I believe may not have the amount or speed of progression as the Enclave due to their lacking in resources. But they would most likely be the best outcome.
Misty lt

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

The only "faction" who can revive the Capital Wasteland are the ordinary wastelanders.

Don't look to the people with big guns to rebuild; the most they can do is preserve peace.
Nick Swan

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion