Which faction can fully restore the Capitol Wasteland?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

and one last question, how did the Enclave get so many Vertibirds? or even better how did they make that mobile crawler?

The enclave seem to have hidden production plants. And that crawler is a refitted crawler. The origional was used in the Apollo program, to transport the Saturn V rocket from the production area to the launchpad, and it was later refitted for use in the Shuttle Program for effectively the same role. No doubt NASA will re-fit the crawler again for it's Aries Program.

Of course, NASA doesn't exist in the FO universe, but I doubt that their version of NASA didn't come out with something similar for the same purpose.

Also- you're forgetting that putting the Modified FEV virus into Project Purity will create an Aqua Pura that will kill everybody who drinks it- from Ghouls to "normal" wastelanders. That was Eden's purpose for it.
Shelby Huffman

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:01 pm

None of the above.

The settlers will have the power. They just want to stay alive, and will do anything to do so.

They can focus solely on rebuilding without having to worry about other peoples agenda's
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 am

Talon company and Reilly's rangers shouldn't be there. Raiders and Slavers shouldn't, either. Talon Co., raiders and slavers are all destructive elements, Reilly's rangers is four people and the LW depending on the player's choices.

As for the BOS and the Enclave, neither. BoS doesn't seem to be willing to go all the way and fully cooperate with existing settlements to create any kind of state, and the Enclave would just kill all the widely available manual labor rather than use it to rebuild.

The Outcasts don't want to rebuild, they just want to collect their precious and sit around in a bunker admiring their precious until they die.
Chavala

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 am

I'm disappointed in all of you.

It's obvious the Republic of Dave will spread in a few generations from the Commonwealth to the Broken Banks.
Lucky Boy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:00 am

the only way to restore the fallout world is for every one of those people to work together and kill all of the strange animal things that inhabbit it :gun: but the team that would do the most if the brother hood of steal and for those who think the enclave are doing the most there idea of making the fallout world a better place is to kill every one who inhabbits it the so called presedent is a robot and it is one hell of an [censored] robot(i mean svcks)what should happen to the enclave is every body :gun: dose that to them
Kate Murrell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am

Honestly The Enclave would have my full 100% support if it wasnt for their cookie cutter "Bad guy" agenda,
Its obvious to even the biggest BOS supporter that the Enclave is much better suited for restoring the CW and eventually America as that was, is and forever will be their Primary goal.
The BOS'S primary goal was originally to collect tech and Elder Lyon's decision to abandon that inorder to counter the SM threat has sent ripples throughout the BOS that can still be felt currently (see Library scribe) and from speaking with a few BOS members its clear that this new goal isnt fully supported or even understood and its their loyalty thats keeping them inline rather then anything else.
So as the BOS is dealing with SM'S, thin amounts of supplies, and morale issues to name a few; its clear that from appearance The Enclave is much more suited for "restoring" the CW.

However this brings about the biggest (and lamest IMO) problem....The Enclaves means of achieving this "restoration": Killing off the majority of the population you wish to rebuild and rule Really? Really?
And it is because of this senseless genocide if you will that the Enclave doesnt have my full support, ghouls, muties, and critters Im all for but slaughtering people "normal" people is not only wrong but fundamentally retarded for everything The Enclave technically stands for, I mean what the hell? You dont fix a chair by lighting it on fire, you dont help a child by beating the [censored] outta him with a bat, and you certainly dont restore whats left of Americas population by committing mass murder upon it.

Help me out if Im wrong here Enclave guys, Show me the light....I WANT TO BELIEVE (Cue X-files theme)
but...but...Im just not seeing the silver lining here
xxLindsAffec

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:58 pm

it took the overwhelming force of the US and hard martial law to tame the wild west.

That's not even remotely right. It took civilian settlers with an entrepenurial spirit and/or greed for injun land and resources. Even the wars fought with indian tribes were tiny skirmishes compared to real wars of the time. The diseases carried by the Europeans did most of the conquering before any settlers made it out west.

People are actually quite good at organizing societies. We've been doing it for a few hundred thousand years successfully.
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:37 am

None of them should. But the Holy Order of the BoS probably could do it. One thing this highlights to me is a real lack of an NCR-type of faction, while it doesn't have to be exactly like NCR something indicating there's a recovery effort should be seen or heard of.
Matt Terry

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 am

None of them. BoS is too undermanned and stretched thinly, outcasts want to restore humanity, not the capitol wasteland, Enclave are gone for now, and they execute innocents. Reiley's Rangers are too small, Talon Mercs too hostile. Slavers are ruining the wasteland, not restoring it. Same with raiders
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 pm

yes the Republic of Dave shall rule the wastes! only a matter of time
Judy Lynch

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Its really more simplistic then this.

It will not be the order's themselves that would restore the wastes, but their descendants, as time progresses social cohesion would occur and each generation would become more suited to the current environment as the past decays.

So it would be the ideological descendants of these different groups and ideas that would restore the wastes, collectively. Its takes more then one to make a whole.

They showed this in the game through different characters, such as Augustus Autumn defying Eden, and one of the Super Mutants being intellectual. Also the changes in the vault structure show this.
Tammie Flint

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 pm

The BoS don't seem to have any desire to police the waste any more than they already, it would be idiotic of them to undertake a massive reconstruction effort while mataining there somewhat elitist status. I would say if anything cities like megaton and rivet city have a better chance, because as seen with NCR, these cities have a desire to grow politicaly an economically.
:)Colleenn

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:21 pm

The BoS don't seem to have any desire to police the waste any more than they already, it would be idiotic of them to undertake a massive reconstruction effort while mataining there somewhat elitist status. I would say if anything cities like megaton and rivet city have a better chance, because as seen with NCR, these cities have a desire to grow politicaly an economically.

Well sociologically speaking, that's the current state of things. Society has gone back to the time of city states. Thus the descendants of all these different factions and city states would form the future collectively.
sunny lovett

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Didn't vote because none of these factions have even the remote ability to make a major possitive change for all of America. The only fallout faction that has enough drive, people, and resources to make any major changes is based in the west and are working outwards.

The N.C.R. is the only faction that we have seen that has any ability to do the wasteland any good. And with a population of around 700,000 when the chosen one comes into the picture and the growth that happened since the vault dweller first set Tandi free from raiders I say they are the only faction working towards doing this.
Joanne Crump

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 pm

The Enclave have the right intentions it's just how they're doing it, but like others have said BOS are fighting to survive i don't think they have enough resources or manpower to rebuild, my vote goes towards the Enclave even though their methods are a little harsh
Stephani Silva

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 am

Although I'm fully aware it's never going to happen, I would love it if the Enclave and the BoS would just sit down, shut up and pool their resources.
The Enclave has all the best tech, and possibly some of the best planning/intelligence. The BoS recruits from the local populace, and so could potentially have the most manpower. If they managed to pull together a joint effort, I imagine they'd take the Wasteland by storm.
By themselves, I don't think any one faction has much of a chance of restoring the Wastes. It's simply too monumental a task, with too many smaller details, for a single entity to handle. It would be like trying to juggle activated grenades while riding an unicycle over a pit filled with lava and robotic sharks.
Dale Johnson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 pm

I thinks its really up to the ordinary wastelanders, and then to major powers (Ashur / Commonwealth/ whoever in DC / NCR, Vault City etc) cooperation or wars and take overs. It would take hundreds, maybe thousand years before anything like "pre war" nations would be reborn. It takes much more then rebuilding the cities / founding new ones - and only that is tremendous work.

Also nobody says that "post post nuclear" world will look like the pre war one - with same nations, countries etc. Maybe there will be multiple countries in north america, and pre war times will be considered like ancient history.
Nicola

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 pm

To be honest I forgot if I posted earlier in this thread or not, so im going to say Enclave because they have the means to do so. I wouldve voted the BoS, but only the east coast BoS if they managed to start producing equipment or something like the Pitt. The Pitt is also in a good position to restore the Capital Wasteland and many other areas, so im wandering why it wasnt on the list. So for me, its between the Pitt and the Enclave, but also the East Coast BOS if they manage to be able to start producing equipment and keep up the whole "help the people of the wastes" goal.
Jerry Cox

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 am

Hi
Spooky Angel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Ok from what Im getting in the game recovery would also depend on what kind of a character you where Ill do it in my prospective I was Very good I made a big explosion in all evil factions (Got rid of enclave, Killed slavers and raiders, destroyed most supermutants, killed all Talon in my path and destroyed all there bases. I have also helped all those who where good and aquired alot of powerful weapons with dogmeat and Charon. I surely would have some political and attack power in the capital wastland. I would use my influence to help unite the brotherhood with megaton, rivit city, commons, bigtown, vault, oasis and most of the other good factions and outpost. They would use there combined forces to make the wasteland back to to a habital land with much reconstruction and growing trees and live stock recreate in a much better place. Mabye become a nation.

Would have to admit it would take a good 45-80 years in favorable conditions.
sexy zara

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 am

The enclave all the way.
Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

Haha, look at the amount of people who've voted Brotherhood of Steel. I wonder if they know its only Lyons' branch of rebels that want to help the Wasteland in such a way. The TRUE Brotherhood's mission is to gather technology. That's it. Lyons' mission was to gather technology AND investigate the Super-Mutants in D.C., and when they started doing what they did, the rest of the Brotherhood 'kicked them out'.

Yeah, so the Citadel (
Spoiler
which may or may not have been destroyed
) and the people living there are NOT going to fix the Wasteland. The Enclave, however, could. And are trying to, actually. Their methods may not be the best, but they're the best chance the Wasteland has. Boom, done.
Cartoon

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Actually, the Brotherhood Outcasts would be the choice if people wanted to vote for the Western Brotherhood. I chose the BoS, and stated in my reply that I was specifically voting for the Eastern BoS.

Also, you seemed to have gotten your facts a bit screwed up. The Western BoS didn't kick out Lyons. Officially, Lyons is an Elder of the BoS, but he won't get support from the Western Brotherhood (though they still have enough faith in him to place the last member of the Maxson Linage under his care, which speaks volumes since the kid is decended from the founder of the BoS.) Furthermore, Lyon's mission was never to find out why the Super Mutants were in DC; they didn't know that super mutants existed in DC until they arrived. Lyons' mission was to scavange technology on the East Coast; he found the Super Mutants there, and decided to go and fight them.

I don't disagree that the Enclave's tech level is enough to rebuild the Wasteland; but you need to remember that by now they've had most of their people killed, are leaderless, and have had important strategic sites blown to peices; right now the Enclave will be focusing on trying to recover from the severe blows they were dealt, NOT take over the wasteland. Furthermore; exactly how could the Enclave rebuild the wasteland when their modus operendi is "Kill all the non-Enclave!"
Emily Martell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 am

The Western BoS didn't kick out Lyons

'Twas a poor choice of words on my behalf, hence the apostrophes.

Lyon's mission was never to find out why the Super Mutants were in DC; they didn't know that super mutants existed in DC until they arrived

Some time after the (apparent) destruction of the Enclave, the Brotherhood's ruling council, based in the Lost Hills bunker in South California, decided to send a contingent of soldiers all the way to the East Coast, with two important objectives. First, to scour the ruins of Washington D.C., once the nation's capital, and recover any and all advanced technology. Second, to investigate the reports of Super Mutant activity in the area.

There we go. =] The wiki thinks otherwise.

"Kill all the non-Enclave!"

No, it isn't. Its "Killed all un-pure Humans", most of which happen to be the Enclave.
Chase McAbee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:13 am

Point taken. But Pittsburgh is not DC :sadvaultboy:

They would be an excellent resource, however for whatever faction rose to prominence in the capitol.

Yeah but eventually, if the Pitt suceeds in rebuilding Pittsburgh and getting rid of the Trog mutations, then they could conquer the CW and rebuild it. Eventually, they would become an East Coast version of the NCR, except able to make things (I dont know if NCR can).
Dalley hussain

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion