Which faction can fully restore the Capitol Wasteland?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

Which faction do you think can fully restore the Capitol Wasteland back to normal? I would say that the leading candidate is the Brotherhood of Steel.

Debate is welcome, as long as it remains civil.
KIng James

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 am

Enclave, they innovate more than BoS(newer armors and weapons, LP was already built, BoS just powered him), they have some sort of production ability(To make Armors,Vehicles,Weapons,ect)

They also have a way to kill off the SM's, something the BoS don't have.
Julie Ann

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:42 am

yes, but the enclave considers everyone but them and people in vaults Mutants.
Naomi Ward

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

Enclave, they innovate more than BoS(newer armors and weapons, LP was already built, BoS just powered him), they have some sort of production ability(To make Armors,Vehicles,Weapons,ect)

They also have a way to kill off the SM's, something the BoS don't have.

Yes, but the Enclave have been
Spoiler
eradicated from the CW after the events of Broken Steel
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 am

Yes, but the Enclave have been
Spoiler
eradicated from the CW after the events of Broken Steel

Well so could the BoS
Spoiler
You can destroy the Citadel

Natasha Biss

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 am

Well so could the BoS
Spoiler
You can destroy the Citadel

Then, we need to find out which is the canon way to do it.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:59 am

The citizens of oasis along with their
Spoiler
man-tree
. they have the true restoring power.
zoe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am

Raiders and Slavers Obviously
DAVId Bryant

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 am

Then, we need to find out which is the canon way to do it.

Probably the way you mentioned, but still, the choice is there.
Irmacuba

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 pm

Brotherhood of Steel no doubt.
BethanyRhain

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 am

While I voted for the BoS it is not without caveat. As constituted none of the factions stands a chance of reorganizing the Wastes.

The Outcasts are too small a group and appear to be doing no recruiting. They will wither unless they can reconnect with BoS factions in other parts of the country.

The Enclave
Spoiler
has been decimated. With the president and the military commander dead, their headquarters and laboratories in ruins and their largest military base compromised they stand little chance of rising again.

Raiders and slavers are an impediment to reclaiming the wastes and in general are the antithesis to resocietization,

Mercenaries are a means and not the method. Unless a strong political force?
Spoiler
Tenpenny is dead
and there is no industrial/commercial complex?appears, they will be nothing more than better educated better organized raiders.

As for the local BoS faction under Elder Lyons, their only advantage is their social and political will. While they are actively recruiting it hasn't been shown that they are doing any more than stemming attrition. Unless they can either reconnect with other Brotherhood factions or take a more proactive socio-political position they will be relegated to a simply stabilizing and not reconstituting force.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 am

Brotherhood of Steel no doubt.

I have lots of doubt, BoS is said by Elder Lyons to be low on supplies and heavily threatened by Super Mutants.

Also the fact that you learn more about the Super Mutants in a matter of Days, than they have for 20 Years.
Mimi BC

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am

Pitt slavers are the only ones actually building anything. Everyone else is just blowing stuff up.
Kat Ives

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Pitt slavers are the only ones actually building anything. Everyone else is just blowing stuff up.

Enclave builds too, but only Ashur and his Army could rebuild on a National Scale.

But SM's pose a huge threat to them if they were to try to rebuild the CW
Guy Pearce

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am

Not a single one of them could rebuild even a fraction of the Captiol Wasteland. Most of them aren't even interested in trying to do so? On that list, the only group that even has an idea to rebuild is the Enclave, and they wanted to do so by killing all the people they would need to rebuilding a society, and then trying to repopulate from their own tiny faction. And that's before they weren't heavily damaged by the actions of the LW and the BoS.
Rex Help

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am

I have lots of doubt, BoS is said by Elder Lyons to be low on supplies and heavily threatened by Super Mutants.

Also the fact that you learn more about the Super Mutants in a matter of Days, than they have for 20 Years.

This is definitely correct.

I think the only way for the Capital Wasteland, and all of the Mainland to be restored was if BoS and the Enclave worked together. But that would never happen, because both factions are stubborn.
Lynette Wilson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Point taken. But Pittsburgh is not DC :sadvaultboy:

They would be an excellent resource, however for whatever faction rose to prominence in the capitol.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 am

The Enclave are very organized and there goal is to make America pure again, without any radiation or mutants. Enclave all the way.
Mrs. Patton

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Where is the church of atom on that poll?
JD bernal

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am

None of them, they are all dumb and/or don't care.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 am

The Brotherhood is, from the viewpoint of Mike the Wastelander, the best choice. However, they lack an effective civilian government. The Brotherhood is even worse a military government than Enclave which clearly has (and had) a President and his closest ones aiding him with clear division between civilian and military wings. The Enclave uses the same pattern of ruling as the pre-war United States, and even if their methods of gaining power may be questionable, there is no doubt that they would without any delays start reconstructing the Wasteland. I mean, the Enclave has no other reason to exist. The Enclave has all the tech it needs, it has the food, it has the money, regular Enclave troops can live a life of safery and luxury inside Raven Rock. But restoring the United States is why Enclave works, why it moves and functions.
The Brotherhood fights to survive, so does everyone else. But the Enclave fights for its ultimate goal: To restore their country into its pre-war greatness.
Jarrett Willis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am

Church of Atom is for destroying the CW.

Just listen to them, they have no place on the poll.
e.Double

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Whichever one recruits me.
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 pm

The Enclave are very organized and there goal is to make America pure again, without any radiation or mutants. Enclave all the way.

To bad they will kill off any humans that haven't been locked in a Vault. Because they believe they have become sick in some way.
[start sarcasm]
So yes, definitley the Enclave could restore order and peace to the CW by killing everyone that are not mutated(the people of Megaton for example). So after that they will inbreed to re-populate the CW.
[end of sarcasm]
carla

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:48 am

:lmao:
Well, I'm always pro-slaver on this board, so I say it falls into the slaver category. Here's my reasoning:
1) People turn into ghouls.
2) Ghouls go to Underworld to try to cure being a ghoul because it svcks.
3) Underworld population goes to Ashur
Spoiler
who accidentally cures it while trying to cure all results of radiation poisoning.

4) . . .
5) Profit!!
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion