Which faction can fully restore the Capitol Wasteland?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am

I would say the Regulators and ordinary wastlanders.
Dan Endacott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 am

Of the possible choices, there are only 2 that actually make sense.

The Outcasts have no interests in restoring the wasteland.

Raiders and slavers wouldn't want to. Restoring order means they are out of business.

Talon Company would have no reason, for the same reason that the raiders and slavers wouldn't. Talon company are nothing more than raiders for hire.

Reiley's Rangers... They are just mercs, and there are only 4 of them. They only do what they do for caps and even if they wanted to restore the wasteland they wouldn't have the manpower or resources.

The only two possible options are Lyon's Brotherhood and The Enclave. Either one could do it.
Mr. Ray

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:47 am

No one...this is after a Nuclear Holocaust...there's no way to rebuild.

No organization has the man power to remove all the rubble, kill every mutant and reclaim every settlement. purify all the water...it could never happen. The techno-pagans at the Brotherhood can try and the morons at the Enclave can try harder...but they still fail in the end.

Only the Brotherhood out west has any chance of restoring just a small part...the east BOS can't and the Enclave are too limited in their biased ideas. It really is the end of the world.

Yeah...someone can save just the CW...until everything changes and a bunch of people die and the wasteland just degrades again.

It's clear neither power structure can keep control of itself.

Eden lost control of Autumn and in turn, the organization collapsed in on itself basically...and the BOS can't keep their elders from running off to play Messiah. Neither is fit to restore the wasteland.
MatthewJontully

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:40 am

"Together we stand,divided we fall."
Like that will happen. :gun:
Valerie Marie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:54 am

No one...this is after a Nuclear Holocaust...there's no way to rebuild. GECKS

No organization has the man power to remove all the rubble, kill every mutant and reclaim every settlement. purify all the water...it could never happen. The techno-pagans at the Brotherhood can try and the morons at the Enclave can try harder...but they still fail in the end. 2 words, Modified FEV

Only the Brotherhood out west has any chance of restoring just a small part...the east BOS can't and the Enclave are too limited in their biased ideas. It really is the end of the world. NCR would be better than Western BoS, in fact Western BoS may have been destroyed(Why is squire Maxon in DC? Safety)

Yeah...someone can save just the CW...until everything changes and a bunch of people die and the wasteland just degrades again. Why would it degrade again?

It's clear neither power structure can keep control of itself.

Eden lost control of Autumn and in turn, the organization collapsed in on itself basically...and the BOS can't keep their elders from running off to play Messiah. Neither is fit to restore the wasteland.

A couple answers in bold
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am

brotherhood of steal.But the enclave could do it too.
Jessie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am

honestly the groups like enclave brotherhood and the outcast are not out to help people they are out for their own gain. The only people i think that might do it depending if they want there pockets filled would be the rangers. :gun:
Kevin Jay

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 am

honestly the groups like enclave brotherhood and the outcast are not out to help people they are out for their own gain. The only people i think that might do it depending if they want there pockets filled would be the rangers. :gun:

The Enclave exists only to rebuild America...........
Princess Johnson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm

The Enclave exists only to rebuild America...........

...by killing everything that isn't them.
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 am

when in doubt whip the lazor rifle out.
Soph

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 am

Many things will restore it. Time, Project Purity, and Oasis. Then there is the actions of man.
WTW

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

You can't restore the wasteland until the fighting has stopped, which won't happen. I mean, you can't do your homework if someone keeps throwing bricks through your window. Whom ever actually would want to restore the place, would never get a chance to anyway.
Jaki Birch

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:35 pm

According to some people, rebuilding or restoring society after a nuclear holocaust should be impossible... according to others, Fallout 3 is unrealistic because 200 years should be enough time to rebuild much more than the game shows.

In any event, to "restore" the wasteland will take clearing out the super mutants... they state in the game their FEV is low, so really all it would take is a waiting game followed by a cleanup. The Brotherhood is already established in the CW to do just that, so... they win, I suppose.

The enclave is dead, at least for now.

The outcasts don't care.

Oasis is just trees, not society.

As sad as it is it might take some kind dictatorship to really motivate things... it took the overwhelming force of the US and hard martial law to tame the wild west.
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:23 am

Debate is welcome, as long as it remains civil.

Well, I think for the most part it has. I must admit I didn't think it would get this far :nothanks:

Kudos to you for framing a thought provoking debate :clap:
Peetay

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 am

Bos the enclave are trigger happy
sam westover

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:44 am

You can't restore the wasteland until the fighting has stopped, which won't happen. I mean, you can't do your homework if someone keeps throwing bricks through your window. Whom ever actually would want to restore the place, would never get a chance to anyway.

Oasis is important because together with Project Purity it will make the wastland green again
thus making it possible for more people to grow food and have safer and healthy lives

What about the commenwealth
they seem to be able to produce andriods and advanced tech
They would be more suitable faction to restore America to it's pre war state

But be honest you need to kill all the feral ghouls in every tunnel and dark place in america

And you need to solve the mutated animals like giant aints and rad scorpians ect ect

The New California Republic would be able to grow and expand to become the new goverment but even if they would retake whole america
it would take a few hundred years for the world to restore to a prewar state even in there is a goverment who controls the whole nation
Kelvin

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Not one single group in that poll has a chance in hell to restore the wasteland. They are all too divided and small OR too concerned about killing/enslaving those that arnt the same as them. ONLY a combined effort by several of the more stable groups has a chance to restore it, and chances are its not going to be the BOS or Enclave-stragglers, it will be the towns as they develope over time.
Josh Lozier

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 pm

The Enclave, if they weren't defeated. The Enclave wants to restore America. Even if means leaving only the Pure humans remaining, they'll restore the Wasteland. The Brotherhood of Steel cares about technology. They don't care about the people or what happens to them, they just want to harvest all that delicious technology lost over the years. Raiders, Talon Company & the Rangers are just trying to make a living.

Overall? It's the Enclave or the the normal, everyday people.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Like I said before, the Enclave is the only group that has any idea of how to set up a government. The BOS are more like medieval knights, except with even less responsibility for their people; most similar comparison would be the Knights Templar in the Crusades, who took over parts of the Holy Land for a few years several times but managed to get next to no support from the people and changed nothing there.

Of course, while Enclave might get everything back to "normal", it'd be populated only by their people and all the existing people would die. If the Enclave weren't so crazy about killing everyone else, then it'd probably be hard to make them the villains of the game, I think...
josh evans

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:09 am

The Commonwealth has a good chance...well, the pricks in the Institute do, everyone else there is probably just a raider or something. But Androids and even bigger machines they develop could clear out the cities.

And the A3-21 series could kill Mutants and Ghouls...even in heavy irraditated areas. They just need to make more Androids.
Ryan Lutz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

The Commonwealth has a good chance...well, the pricks in the Institute do, everyone else there is probably just a raider or something. But Androids and even bigger machines they develop could clear out the cities.

And the A3-21 series could kill Mutants and Ghouls...even in heavy irraditated areas. They just need to make more Androids.

I was actually thinking about the Commonwealth also. But where are they? What are they doing? Nobody knows. Maybe they will show up in FO4.
Nomee

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:54 pm

I was actually thinking about the Commonwealth also. But where are they? What are they doing? Nobody knows. Maybe they will show up in FO4.

The Commonwealth is Massachussetts. See:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Commonwealth
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 am

I see. I keep learnign so many interesting things here...or rather, there...
*sigh* 122 Vaults...I will never get used to that...
Jordan Moreno

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am

I think the Enclave if they hire abroad, instead of remaining exclusive. They can make their own equipment, have Deathclaws as a major ally, and have superior technology. Manpower is just the one thing they are lacking, but if a nuke exploded in Vault 87, then they would re-take D.C. very quickly.
Sakura Haruno

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 am

The Enclave would have the most legitimate chance, take into consideration that the Brotherhood does basically nothing only patrol while the LW kills the Enclave. if the LW wasn't around then the Enclave would be able to restore the wasteland faster then the Brotherhood. Note how the Brotherhood always attacks the Enclave but not the other way around. If the Enclave had control over the purifier and got it running then they could have everyone who was a "Good Guy" go to the Enclave save the good people and then the Enclave could exterminate the Mutants and Ghouls raiders and slavers with the FEV. With all the extra man power the Enclave would get through helping the normal people of the wasteland they could start construction on more bases throught the wasteland. Maybe they wouldn't even need to start construction they could just start repairing old military instalation and make them more Enclavey.

O and one last question, how did the Enclave get so many Vertibirds? or even better how did they make that mobile crawler?
Eire Charlotta

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion