Why are so many supporting the imperials (the empire)?

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 am

So Im checking out these polls that members are creating here, and I couldn't help but to see that the imperials are winning at the polls.

My question is why? Why are you supporting the very same organzation that was willing to put your head on the block and execute you in spite of your name not being on the list? That means that you were going to be innocently murdered before Alduin interupted. Remember that poor soul that was pleaing with the imperial officers that accused him of being a spy? He seemed pretty innocent to me right before the imperials killed him with arrows. I just wonder if that guy had a fair trial.

I wonder how many people was wrongfully executed by the hands of the imperials?

I find it ridclious how many people like to place the racist card game on Ulfric. I don't claim to be an expert of the elders scroll seris because I'm far from it, however from what I know he doesn't go off murdering innocent people like the way the imperials did. Sure he may have a dirty past but so do everyone else. Theirs no saint in this world... Not even the pope.

How can you justified the actions with the imperials by almost executing you without your name being on the list?

Please explain.
Leah

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:43 am

In a harsh world like skyrim, a few innocent deaths are worth having a stable, peaceful existence. You got caught in the crossfire. If ulfric wasn't so egotistical, you wouldn't have been on the chopping block either.
James Baldwin

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Among other things, the Stormcloaks, right up to Ulfric himself, are absolute racists.
Miss K

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:03 am

Some are still attached to the Empire thats been around since Arena, some just believe the Empire is the right choice, and some just have their own reasons. I myself can't stand by the Empire anymore. I was once a dear supporter of the Empire, but their handling of the Great War and subquential puppeting of the Thalmor has forced me to abandon them. Like Wulf said at the end of Morrowind. Its time for the Empire to die, and something new to take its place.
Marina Leigh

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:04 am

Among other things, the Stormcloaks, right up to Ulfric himself, are absolute racists.

I rather support a racist then a murder like the imperials.
Jessica White

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 am

Read about what Ulfric did to the Reachmen during the Great War and what drove them to become the Forsworn. He's just as much a murderer as the Imperials.
George PUluse

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 am

Some are still attached to the Empire thats been around since Arena, some just believe the Empire is the right choice, and some just have their own reasons. I myself can't stand by the Empire anymore. I was once a dear supporter of the Empire, but their handling of the Great War and subquential puppeting of the Thalmor has forced me to abandon them. Like Wulf said at the end of Morrowind. Its time for the Empire to die, and something new to take its place.

Spoiler
Didn't he die on the final dark brotherhood quest? I remember killing an empire.
louise tagg

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 pm

I wouldn't blame the Empire... just that woman who ordered me to the block. People complain about the Empire giving in the Altmeri Dominion. They're just biding their time until the Empire has the strength to fight back.
Shae Munro

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 am

I rather support a racist then a murder like the imperials.
okay, so you would rather have people work as slaves for hundredths of years rather than a quick and honorable death?
Daniel Lozano

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:54 am

Raizen, what makes you think Ulfric is any better?

I can't stand the Empire either, but having to chose between Ulfric and the Empire, I'd have to take the Empire.
Rhi Edwards

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Spoiler
Didn't he die on the final dark brotherhood quest? I remember killing an empire.

The Emperor died at the beginning of Oblivion but the Empire continues. There is a book with a timeline of the leaders of the Empire in Skyrim. Most get assassinated it seems. Seems like the Empire needs the secret service... oh wait... those were The Blades.
sam

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 am

I'm a Legionnaire by heart. I stuck with them in Oblivion and I'm sticking with them now. Besides, Lokir (the "innocent" killed by archers) was a horse thief.
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Raizen, what makes you think Ulfric is any better?

I can't stand the Empire either, but having to chose between Ulfric and the Empire, I'd have to take the Empire.

I'm the opposite. Ulfric stands to directly oppose the Thalmor, and while it destroys the Empire it allows Talos to live and thus throws a major wrench in the Thalmors plans to destory mankind. The Empire is only inabling the Thalmor to achieve their goal of unmaking the world.

Spoiler

Yes, indeed he did.
Cheryl Rice

Post » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 pm

in my first playthrough i chose the stormcloaks, siding with the rebellion and all. but after joining and seeing them for what they were they just came across as inbred knuckledragging rednecks.
Noely Ulloa

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 am

Read about what Ulfric did to the Reachmen during the Great War and what drove them to become the Forsworn. He's just as much a murderer as the Imperials.
Yup, he murdered his own people. That doesn't sound like a very trustworthy leader.
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:09 am

that is false. Ulfric is a racist, yes. The Stormcloaks themselves are at worst 50/50, though. I admit, a lot of them are too busy following their charismatic leader to care about his vices, but that is because he has brought them hope.

If not for Ulfric Stormcloak, the Skyrim rebellion would have more support, and be more respected by even it's staunchest enemies. Ulfric svcks.
Amy Smith

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 am

The Reachmen weren't his own people, they were Bretons.
butterfly

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:32 am

Ulfric is a self-important prat and the Stormcloaks don't bathe.
Sammykins

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:25 am

I'm the opposite. Ulfric stands to directly oppose the Thalmor, and while it destroys the Empire it allows Talos to live and thus throws a major wrench in the Thalmors plans to destory mankind. The Empire is only inabling the Thalmor to achieve their goal of unmaking the world.

Wasn't the Thalmor's purpose behind the war to weaken the Empire, though? So that they didn't have a chance to ever strike back?
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

Ulfric is a nord. A traditional nord of old at that. He is what he is, you dont judge the movement by the man but by what they aim to do. Which is why I initially supported the Foresworn.
Joanne Crump

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 am

Wasn't the Thalmor's purpose behind the war to weaken the Empire, though? So that they didn't have a chance to ever strike back?

So it would seem, but the Thalmors goals aren't simple conquest as much as it is the destruction of mankind and Shor tends to show up at mans greatest hour of need. Tamriel in turmoil and shambles is actually better in the long run than a weak Imperial peace.
Devils Cheek

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:18 am

that is false. Ulfric is a racist, yes. The Stormcloaks themselves are at worst 50/50, though. I admit, a lot of them are too busy following their charismatic leader to care about his vices, but that is because he has brought them hope.

If not for Ulfric Stormcloak, the Skyrim rebellion would have more support, and be more respected by even it's staunchest enemies. Ulfric svcks.
okay, so the closest that the stormcloaks come to real life, is the nazis, the german weren't racist, they were just following orders.
jodie

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 am

Because, I believe in their cause.

Yes. The Empire did try to have me executed, but that has not a going by military protocol. That women made a personal decision to put me on the chopping block, my name was not on the list, therefore I should not have bin there. Hagvar was ordered to do something by his superior. Even though you don't want to do something, when your apart of a military you have to do what they say, if you don't you will be accused of treason. And I don't think anyone in Skyrim would give their life for some prisoner they know nothing about.

Wrongful killings are made in war, on both sides no matter what. That's one of the things that make war so gruesome. But my beef is a personal one with that women at Helgan, not the Empire.
Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 am

I support the Empire - I just happened to meet them at what was supposed to be the end of a very bad day - They wanted to kill Ulfric and his top lieutenants - you being mistaken for one of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't hold a single Redguard's bloodlust against the whole organization. Tullius had more important things on his mind to believe that his captain was going about things incorrectly. The Imperials also made it clear in the Dragon Attack that their first concern was protecting innocent civilians, doing their best to evacuate the town.

If it weren't for Ulfric, there would be no problems - If you side with the Empire, you'd find out that Ulfric's the cause of the Dominion Crackdown.

So it would seem, but the Thalmors goals aren't simple conquest as much as it is the destruction of mankind and Shor tends to show up at mans greatest hour of need.
That's why I (The dragonborn) am here :) And I can do it without breaking Talo's handiwork to pieces in the process.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:29 am

okay, so the closest that the stormcloaks come to real life, is the nazis, the german weren't racist, they were just following orders.

Thats not even close to right. Damn Godwins Law.
Yonah

Next

Return to V - Skyrim