Will you be pre-ordering

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 am

IMHO pre-ordering is pointless. They bribe you with useless "exclusive" stuff for being their beta tester.
Bloomer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 am

Very few games ever come along that I'm willing to pre-order as soon as I hear about them. Portal 2 was one, and TES V, being the first Bethesda-developed game release I'll be around for, will be another. And, assuming I have the funds for it, I'll be getting the collector's edition as well.
[Bounty][Ben]

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 am

Not only will I be pre-ordering, I will also be purchasing the highest edition of the game. I don't care if I have to take out a loan or prosttute myself. That highest edition WILL be mine.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

I dont understand this "preordering" stuff. Why should i order a game, without to know how good it is?

It would be much smarter to wait when they are done and then you can read a lot of tests about the game and THEN you can ordet it IF you think the game is ok. What when the game svcks? I think preordering games is a little bit childish (i dont want to bash anybody).

I will wait and read tests about the game and if its good and they dont have level scaling i will buy it definitely.
Rhysa Hughes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:10 am

Absolutely.

I didn't get into Oblivion til a few months after it was released so missed out on preorders. I also would love the Septim from the CE but grudge paying for a full CE (game included) on eBay just to get the Septim.
rebecca moody

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:49 am

After I preorder and all the expansions and dlc's are released I'll probably buy the GOTY edition
Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 am

For myself I wont be pre-ordering The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim.

I would very much like to cos I do love TES and I rather like the Oblivion Engine, but given Bethesda's track record I really really dont want to risk it. Really.

I am most likely going to wait for the GOTY Edition to come out and buy it then.

The reason for this is because as I said Bethesda's track record is bad. They dont support their games, they release a couple of crap near pointless sometimes making the situation worse patches and then abandon it expecting the community to make up for their shortfall. As the Poll says - I am tired of paying for the priviledge of being a beta tester.
There is also the story/quest/dialogue issues to be considered also.

On the storyline/dialogue/questline front Oblivion wasnt too bad; some of the quests were really neat (Knights of the White Stallion and the Knights of the Nine for example) and some were really kinda bland and boring (most of the mages guild entry level quests were a snore fest), the problem with Oblivions quests is they all tended to be repetitive. Knights of the Nine, the MQ, Shivering Isles, Mages GUild end questline all have a non human big baddie threatenning existance as we know it. *le yawn* Get some new material please.
But unfortunately we got Fallout 3 - and I havent seen such eye wateringly bad writing in a game since "All your base are belong to us!" Not to mention they broke the Fallout lore by having radioactive natural water sources and making power armour so weak, generic, and boring.
I dont really want to get into the appalling dialogue, really stupid main questline, the InstaWin plot device at the end, or the really one sided and kinda pointless expansion pack that was only worth getting for the level cap increase. Cos if i get into it ill end up ranting and I dont wanna do that; suffice to say it was bad.

I think I am going to hold off on this one and preorder other games like Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 instead.
rolanda h

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 am

NO way

1) There's too many bugs, so I usually wait for the first patch
2) But moreso, I usually wait until the price drops or I can get a bundle deal (Yep, I'm cheap :)
trisha punch

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 pm

I'll definitely be pre-ordering the CE.
Kat Ives

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I plan on pre-ordering as soon as I can. I've had $250 set aside just for this occasion. By the way, when will I be able to pre-order?
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am

Why not as it guarantees that you get the copy although I'm going out at midnight to get it next year.
Loane

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:39 am

Nope.

After the last two Fallout games, I will wait until the patches and maybe the first expansion pack have come out and, if they have fixed things, pick up a copy from Best Buy. I suffered through bugs in F3 and more bugs in New Vegas. The upcoming NV patch is too little, too late for this customer. I will let y'all test the game and wait to see if Bethesda cares enough to fix things.
Meghan Terry

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Yes most likely

This is one of the very very few series I still intend to preorder

I'm expecting it to be a little buggy like previous releases but they generally patch it soon enough, and hey maybe I'll be wrong and it will be perfect on release ^_^
Chloe Mayo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 am

I'll only preorder if I get a discount, same as any other game. No discount off the price, no reason for me to preorder it :shrug:
lolli

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

bump
Heather Stewart

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:31 am

Thats what they said about Fallout New Vegas CE... I never got it even though I preordered at a store... I think this time i'll go with Amazon.

Damn that's pretty bad. Someone didn't do his job right.
Best Buy had a couple of New Vegas CE on the shelves. Some still have them today.

But I think it's most likely because folks in Quebec don't buy games as much, or as early, as other more popular parts of the world. Someone from Quebec might correct me if I'm wrong, but I never saw any midnight game release in Montreal. But they do happen in the rest of the country... I think.
Josh Sabatini

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:58 am

No way. There are still bugs in TESIV that they aren't going to fix. I'd rather wait till everything has been ironed out, and the community has fixed what Bethesda is too lazy to bother with (*cough*VampireCureQuest*cough*200HourAnimationBug*cough*).
Isaac Saetern

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim