[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread #34

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:25 am

I would like to add my .02
Even if it takes longer to open the Installers Tab, I agree that BSA searching would be useful and needed.
Maybe you could have toggled on or off using the ini?
That's would appease the nay sayers and make people like me happy as well. :thumbsup:
Kevin Jay

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm

I would like to add my .02
Even if it takes longer to open the Installers Tab, I agree that BSA searching would be useful and needed.
Maybe you could have toggled on or off using the ini?
That's would appease the nay sayers and make people like me happy as well. :thumbsup:

If I get around to making it and can make a nice implementation of it it will certainly be toggleable via ini - also what .bsas it skips as well.
Pacific Morrowind
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Does Oblivion operate with the same 256 esm/esp limit as Wrye? I am assuming yes but would love to hear otherwise.

Is there a method around this limit that does not require a programming degree?
{Richies Mommy}

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:48 am

Oblivion's limit is the real limit. Wrye wouldn't care otherwise.

Mods that are merged into the bashed patch don't count. Otherwise, you have to learn how to merge mods yourself using one of the available tools.
Genevieve

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:53 am

So the 'green cross boxes' in Wrye (which are also not selected in the OB data files) don't count against the limit. Correct?

And Wrye does seem to care, I get close to the limit and all of a sudden Wrye is deselecting a bunch of mods. Unless that is coincidence/something else(?).

And thanks. Go Vikings! Wait, maybe that is why I am being brusque.
Alexis Acevedo

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:18 pm

It's not coincidence, but the limit that Wrye Bash enforces is solely because of the physical limit in Oblivion itself.

And yes, the mods with green crosses don't count because Oblivion doesn't know that they are there. They are all now contained in the bashed patch and only count as a single mod.
james kite

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:50 am

...newer stuff... tested as working well other than one bug to be fixed
It's hard to search for things like "bug" on this forum... can anyone enlighten me concerning this bug of which he speaks, in association with the newer Python and friends?
Brian Newman

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 am

I would like to add another request/suggestion

would it be possible that when using the "Mark Mergeable" function and if the file has a BSA archive
instead of just saying :
 Not Mergeable?  Cobl Glue.esp (Has BSA archive.)
it could say :
Not Mergeable?  Cobl Glue.esp (Unsupported types: CELL, WRLD) ?  Cobl Glue.esp (Has BSA archive.)

of course that was just an example, but I think you got the idea..
Justin

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Having a BSA archive alongside it is a perfectly good reason not to merge something. Though yes, I'd support also having other reasons listed if they apply.
Marquis deVille

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 pm

I would think that if having a BSA archive is the only reason why a mod is not mergeable, it would be pretty easy to work around if the Player really needed the extra mod slot. I believe that simply renaming the BSA to match any other mod would do the job.
Milagros Osorio

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:05 pm

It's hard to search for things like "bug" on this forum... can anyone enlighten me concerning this bug of which he speaks, in association with the newer Python and friends?

it is a fatal error on bash patch rebuild due to a deprecated function in python... haven't figured it out yet actually... but it only happens with a few mods if you attempt to merge them into the bash patch... specifically likely with wheather changing mods like AWS (the patches for Knights and SI)
I would like to add another request/suggestion

would it be possible that when using the "Mark Mergeable" function and if the file has a BSA archive
instead of just saying :
 Not Mergeable?  Cobl Glue.esp (Has BSA archive.)
it could say :
Not Mergeable?  Cobl Glue.esp (Unsupported types: CELL, WRLD) ?  Cobl Glue.esp (Has BSA archive.)

of course that was just an example, but I think you got the idea..

yes listing all reasons doess seem better... I'll look into it - should be fairly simple I think.
Having a BSA archive alongside it is a perfectly good reason not to merge something. Though yes, I'd support also having other reasons listed if they apply.

having all reasons listed shouldn't take really anymore significant increase in scan time so I think there's no reason not... and might was well give more info after all.
I would think that if having a BSA archive is the only reason why a mod is not mergeable, it would be pretty easy to work around if the Player really needed the extra mod slot. I believe that simply renaming the BSA to match any other mod would do the job.

yes definitely true - I have all of my BSA's renamed to have the most possible merged to get around the esp limit for a long as I can (still keep having to merge with Tes4Gecko every now and then though)
Pacific Morrowind
Jessie

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 am

OK, I'm shure most of you are familliar with my ongoing soap opera about my love-hate relationship with the Bashed Patch. (<< she's quite the tsundere queen, you know?))
I've been told a step-by-step installation would be able to fix my problem.
So, could anyone post a Dumb-proof guide of how to install Wrye Bash from the beginning? And one to how to first correctly uninstall the current one? Thank you very much.
Christine Pane

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:21 pm

OK, I'm shure most of you are familliar with my ongoing soap opera about my love-hate relationship with the Bashed Patch. (<< she's quite the tsundere queen, you know?))
So, could anyone post a Dumb-proof guide of how to install Wrye Bash from the beginning? And one to how to first correctly uninstall the current one? Thank you very much.

You just move everything to your data folder. You shouldn't have to uninstall the current version. You'll lose stuff if you do that.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 am

You just move everything to your data folder. You shouldn't have to uninstall the current version. You'll lose stuff if you do that.

Mind explaining? moving my mopy directory to the data directory, you mean? I don't get it.... or is it moving all python install to my data folder? maybe moving a racoon to my data folder? (<-bad joke).
Please, be more especific :D
Gavin boyce

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:23 pm

I get this error when trying to build rebuild me Bashed Patch:
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4337, in Execute	balt.showWryeLog(self.parent,readme.root+'.html',patchName.s,icons=bashBlue)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\balt.py", line 526, in showWryeLog	textCtrl = wx.lib.iewin.IEHtmlWindow(window, defId, style = wx.NO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-ansi\wx\lib\iewin.py", line 57, in __init__	id, pos, size, style, name)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-ansi\wx\lib\activex.py", line 103, in __init__	self._ax = cc.GetBestInterface(unknown)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\comtypes\client\__init__.py", line 103, in GetBestInterface	mod = GetModule(tlib)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\comtypes\client\_generate.py", line 112, in GetModule	mod = _CreateWrapper(tlib, pathname)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\comtypes\client\_generate.py", line 153, in _CreateWrapper	fullname = _name_module(tlib)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\comtypes\client\_generate.py", line 32, in _name_module	(str(libattr.guid)[1:-1].replace("-", "_"),  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\comtypes\GUID.py", line 44, in __unicode__	_CoTaskMemFree(p)  File "_ctypes/callproc.c", line 925, in GetResultWindowsError: [Error -65535] Windows Error 0xFFFF0001

It almost finishes and then gives that error. It may have to do with my overclock.

EDIT:

I rebooted and it was okay.
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 am

So has anyone figured out yet the answer why Wrye bash will refuse to install certain txt and ini files?

This gets really really annoying. Currently cannot get it to install the ini from the new Duke Patricks archery mod.

=============

well I got it to recognize it finally.

I was just trying to anneal in an update, but no...

Had to uninstall the mod fully. Close Wrye bash completely, Reopen WB then reinstall the mod.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 pm

I'm sure this question is a bit silly, considering who I'm addressing, but:

Are there plans for WB to read Bash Tag suggestions from BOSS and change the plugin's tags to what BOSS says, rather than just adding on new ones like I believe it works at the moment? This could be useful for dealing with incorrectly tagged mods, like the UOP C.Water.

I'm sure you've already thought of that one, but I was curious.
Charlotte Henderson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 am

If I add the Invent tag to an ESP that normally adds armor to a chest in the middle of the IC, will that armor appear in leveled lists? And if so, what determines the level it starts appearing at? I'm not for freebies, so I'm thinking it would be a good idea to add appealing armors that some modders make available in this fashion to random dungeons in my game.
rheanna bruining

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 am

If I add the Invent tag to an ESP that normally adds armor to a chest in the middle of the IC, will that armor appear in leveled lists? And if so, what determines the level it starts appearing at? I'm not for freebies, so I'm thinking it would be a good idea to add appealing armors that some modders make available in this fashion to random dungeons in my game.
Adding the invent tag to such a mod will do absolutely nothing. You need to open the mod in the CS and do that kind of thing for yourself.

And while I absolutely agree that this kind of thing would make many armour mods much more interesting, that's something you are better taking up with the authors of said mods: or if the materials are available for use as resources then it makes a perfect beginning mod project. I didn't do it as a "beginning" mod project (for some reason I made the painfully complex II as a beginning), but this was the idea and point behind ALEX.

Vac
Ruben Bernal

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 am

Thanks for the quick response, Vacuity. Wish the answer would have been otherwise, but I'll settle for the truth, any day. Can you recommend a tutorial that will tell me specifically how to go about doing what I want in the CS to a pre-existing mod?
Alba Casas

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:24 am

Thanks for the quick response, Vacuity. Wish the answer would have been otherwise, but I'll settle for the truth, any day. Can you recommend a tutorial that will tell me specifically how to go about doing what I want in the CS to a pre-existing mod?
The CS wiki has http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Category:Leveled_Lists, which are what deal with random item and actor distribution. It would be a good place to start reading, I guess.
Remember that Bash will automatically merge leveled list changes without the need for tags of any sort. Careless use of the Delev and Relev tags on other plugins can seriously break the functions of mods like OOO in your game.

Vac
Richard

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am

Bug report(Wrye Bash 277):
I made a BAIN with all the unofficial patches and I had forgotten to install the Frostcrag Unofficial Patch(which was in the bain, I just intended to install frostcrag reborn later so I skipped it), so I checked it and used "anneal". It installed the Unofficial path for frostcrag all right. I then tried to rebuild the patch(which I do each time I install/update anything) and got this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 8056, in Execute    patchDialog = PatchDialog(self.window,fileInfo)  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4238, in __init__    patcher.getConfig(patchConfigs) #--Will set patcher.isEnabled  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13538, in getConfig    self.getAutoItems()  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13507, in getAutoItems    if autoRe.match(modInfo.name.s) or (autoKey & modInfo.getBashTags()):  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 7254, in getBashTags    tags = self.getRow().get('bashTags')  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 6987, in getRow    return self.getFileInfos().table[self.name]  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion\Mopy\bolt.py", line 676, in __getitem__    return self.data[key]KeyError: bolt.Path('DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp')

Restarting Wrye Bash fixed the problem(no more error) but I thought it was worth reporting...
Louise Lowe

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am

Mind explaining? moving my mopy directory to the data directory, you mean? I don't get it.... or is it moving all python install to my data folder? maybe moving a racoon to my data folder? (<-bad joke).
Please, be more especific :D

Uninstall:
delete oblivion/mopy & oblivion/data/bashed patch *.esp & oblivion/data/bash patches & oblivion/data/ini tweaks
also if you want you can try uninstalling: Python any versions, wxPython any versions, comtypes any versions
Reinstall:
copy from the archive the folders data and mopy to your oblivion/ folder; say yes to overwrite if asked,
if uninstalled python & components also reinstall Python & components (using the ones linked in the OP)
So has anyone figured out yet the answer why Wrye bash will refuse to install certain txt and ini files?

This gets really really annoying. Currently cannot get it to install the ini from the new Duke Patricks archery mod.

=============

well I got it to recognize it finally.

I was just trying to anneal in an update, but no...

Had to uninstall the mod fully. Close Wrye bash completely, Reopen WB then reinstall the mod.

Not yet... except for an if it has an odd character in it... but nothing very repeatable... sorry.

I'm sure this question is a bit silly, considering who I'm addressing, but:

Are there plans for WB to read Bash Tag suggestions from BOSS and change the plugin's tags to what BOSS says, rather than just adding on new ones like I believe it works at the moment? This could be useful for dealing with incorrectly tagged mods, like the UOP C.Water.

I'm sure you've already thought of that one, but I was curious.

I'm actually looking into that right now.

I would suggest making it (if you can get rights/it already is a resource) an addon for Armamentarium or somesuch... less work setting up the LLs at any rate.
Bug report(Wrye Bash 277):
I made a BAIN with all the unofficial patches and I had forgotten to install the Frostcrag Unofficial Patch(which was in the bain, I just intended to install frostcrag reborn later so I skipped it), so I checked it and used "anneal". It installed the Unofficial path for frostcrag all right. I then tried to rebuild the patch(which I do each time I install/update anything) and got this error:

Restarting Wrye Bash fixed the problem(no more error) but I thought it was worth reporting...

I haven't been able to figure that out... it (seems) to happen quite randomly after installing an esp but is always fixed by restarting... though saying that I suddenly know how to fix it - or so I think (going in the next version... thanks
Pacific Morrowind
Blessed DIVA

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 pm

BAIN Bug: When you tell BAIN to rename a package, you have to do it twice. For whatever reason it completely ignores you on the first try.
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Uninstall:
delete oblivion/mopy & oblivion/data/bashed patch *.esp & oblivion/data/bash patches & oblivion/data/ini tweaks
also if you want you can try uninstalling: Python any versions, wxPython any versions, comtypes any versions
Reinstall:
copy from the archive the folders data and mopy to your oblivion/ folder; say yes to overwrite if asked,
if uninstalled python & components also reinstall Python & components (using the ones linked in the OP)

Aye! Captain' I will do so as soon as I'm back home :) (Though I think I did that already...)
NAtIVe GOddess

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion