[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread #34

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Download: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368 or https://sourceforge.net/projects/oblivionworks/files
Readme: http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html (at time slightly outdated... most up to date readme in the download - the file named Wrye Bash.html in the mopy folder)
Wrye Bash Wiki: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Wrye_Bash
Screenshots: http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_01.png, http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_02.png, http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_03.png, http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_05.png
Previous Topic: http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1064770
Requirements
Python 2.5.4 and wxpython 2.8.7.1 ansi (the old "official" setup) - if using this best to just download the installer package from http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368
or
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.4/python-2.6.4.msi, http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-win32-ansi-2.8.10.1-py26.exe and http://pypi.python.org/pypi/comtypes/0.6.1. (the newer stuff so should be faster, needed for newer versions of Blender/Nifscripts/PyFFI, tested as working well other than one bug to be fixed)

Wrye Bash has a lot of features. I mean a LOT. It's like twenty tools rolled into one. It includes as subfeatures the entire feature sets of other tools, and offers plenty of other features that no other mod tool has. Except installation. It's the "everything but installation" tool! Now with installation too!

Bain
* Install/uninstall mods from zip, 7z, archives, etc. No OMODs required!

Bashed Patchers
* Configure and build a custom patch mod to...
* Merge leveled lists
* Merge TNR faces over other changes to npcs
* Merge race eye/hair/body/voice changes over other changes to races
* Tweak clothes: Show amulets with robes, zero weight rings and amulets, etc.
* Tweak misc. GMST settings.

Repair/Edit Stuff
* Repair animation bug (various animations freezing)
* Repair hair bug (game ctds when viewing race menu after removing a hair mod)
* Remove spells from spell list
* Rename created spells, enchanted items
* Remove bloating (one use of this reduced a 158 Mb savegame to 2.5 Mb)
* Import NPC levels into an existing savegame (essential when switching to/from OOO, Frans, etc.)
* Import PC face from other savegame or any mod (e.g., import any of TNR's faces into game)
* Easily generate html readmes using wiki-like syntax.

Mod, Savegame, Screenshot Management
* Auto-Ghost mods to reduce espm thrashing.
* Launch Oblivion and TESCS (with or without OBSE).
* Mod, save, screenshot file management. (Rename, duplicate, etc.)
* Save Profiles: Have different sets of saves for different npcs with different loadlists, etc.
* Screenshots: View, delete, batch rename, open, etc.
* Readme Browser: Quickly view readme of currently selected mod.
* Quick/Autoswap between SI and pre-SI versions of Oblivion.esm.

Installation: First time installation is still a little difficult, but later updates are easy (just unzip latest version into Oblivion directory). However, for first time installation you have to preinstall two other packages and then (sometimes) tweak a shortcut. You can't just download and press the pretty buttons -- you have to follow the readme instructions. If you have followed the instructions and still have problems, post the bugdump. If you've havent followed the instructions and whine that it won't work without posting the bugdump, Wrye will bite your fingers off (it's a monkey thing). Otherwise he's quite helpful.

Linking: If you'd like to link to Bash from somewhere else, please do! But be sure to link to either Wrye Musings or the Bash Readme. Don't link to the actual Bash zip file, since that changes fairly frequently.

You should add a few more things to that list, Wrye. Almost none of the items from my list of the most compelling features in Wrye Bash are on your list:

For everyone:
* Accurately and quickly managing your load order (correctly sorts ESMs)
* Locking your load order (so updated mods automatically load in the exact same spot as the old version)
* Checking your load list for problems (missing mod dependencies)
* Checking savegames against load list and syncing load list to savegame
* Cleaning bloated savegames
* Archive Invalidation (now supports BSA-alteration BSA-redirection method)
* Replacers (install/remove texture replacement mods -- really any mod, too)
* Change master entry in savegame (to avoid losing items, quest progress, etc. when the name of a mod has changed)

For mod-makers:
* Add a master to a plugin (for mod de-isolation)
* Change master entry in plugin (for mod de-isolation)
* Locking your load order (so changes you make don't move the plugin to the end of your load list)
* Savegame profiles (so you can easily test with only your mod active, then easily switch back to playing with all your mods active)

Version 277 [01/08/2010] [PacificMorrowind,Haama,Badhair] (the most recent release)
* fixes: a GMST error causing problems with rebuilding the bashed patch, a couple others, typo fixes.
* a new Bashed Patch section added: Globals
* 5 new Global tweaks added; Timescale, Crime Crime: Force Jail, and 3 TG quest penalties
* added support for launching of Blender, Gmax, 3dsMax, Maya, Photoshop, GIMP, Insanity Sorrow's(IS) Oblivion Launcher, IS's Readme Generator, IS's Random NPC Generator, Oblivion Book Creator, IS's Random Name Generator! (all with settable paths in the ini)
* added an Export/Import script function to the right click menu of mod files
* added an obse/pluggy statistics viewer (code contributed by Badhair, pluggy definitions by Haama)
* Automatically deghost and reghost when using the link to BOSS
* BAIN:
* Hide/Unhide package
* Open at TesAlliance
* Rename package

and just to repeat the link and news:
Wrye4Fallout3. TheLORDofDOOM of has taken on making a FO3 version... and here's the first little bit of it (not all translated to account for FO3 but it's showing promise).

and a bit more news:
There is now a listserve for the svn and bug/request/patch/support trackers; if you want to get emails whenever changes to those items happen just join over https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/oblivionworks-committers. You can also use it for support requests/questions if you desire.
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:02 am

Ahhh, Wrye Bash, still my favorite tool for Oblivion. A quick question, will there be an auto-installer package released for the 2.6.4 package?
BrEezy Baby

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Ahhh, Wrye Bash, still my favorite tool for Oblivion. A quick question, will there be an auto-installer package released for the 2.6.4 package?

2.6.4? as in Python 2.6.4 and wxpython 2.8.10.1 & comtypes? or Wrye Bash 264?... Wrye Bash 264 certainly not -> too old for to bother doing that to :rofl: ... Python et all; hmmm I'll look into it (don't know how Wrye made that (don't even have that autoinstaller downloaded)... I'll see if I can get that together for with the next release;
Pacific Morrowind
Justin Hankins

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:12 am

Definitely Python 2.6.4, wxPython 2.8.10.1 and the ComTypes... yeah I'm for sure using Bash 277! :P

And thanks for the reply; I look forward to the next release. ;)
ijohnnny

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

I have a couple of question I hope someone can help me with. The first deals with the mod younger hotter NPC is says it is to be deactivated. It is checked in my load order it can't be merged I have the import npc check in the box and when i rebuilt the patch to go and deactivate it it turns off all the bash patch. The second concerns mmm resize the races it to says to be deactivated so do I have it unchecked in the merged section and checked in race records or what please help thanks in advance.
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:27 am

If possible, I would like that as well, just makes it easier and faster to install
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:36 pm

I have a couple of question I hope someone can help me with. The first deals with the mod younger hotter NPC is says it is to be deactivated. It is checked in my load order it can't be merged I have the import npc check in the box and when i rebuilt the patch to go and deactivate it it turns off all the bash patch.

just have younger hotter NPC esp deactivated before building your patch, rebuild patch making sure it is checked in the race records section. and it will work fine (for imports it doesn't matter whether source mods are active in your LO at build time or not)
The second concerns mmm resize the races it to says to be deactivated so do I have it unchecked in the merged section and checked in race records or what please help thanks in advance.

checked in race records, unchecked in merge will work fine.
Pacific Morrowind
Annick Charron

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Wrye Bash has taken to not remembering the window sizes and positions I set after having to reinstall Windows. Is there some place I'm missing for this to happen? It's becoming quite annoying. :)
Becky Cox

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 am

Wrye Bash has taken to not remembering the window sizes and positions I set after having to reinstall Windows. Is there some place I'm missing for this to happen? It's becoming quite annoying. :)
You reinstall Windows that often ?
Johnny

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:55 am

I do when hardware fails and I have no choice, yes. I seem to have rather bad luck with that.
Chelsea Head

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 pm

I do when hardware fails and I have no choice, yes. I seem to have rather bad luck with that.
My sympathies. In any case, it's windows that stores that info ( to my knowledge ). So a reinstall of the OS will reset the sizes and position. Or does Bash save them explicitly ?
Chloe Mayo

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:29 am

hmm it should remember that from the last time you had the window open - at least with the bash patch dialogue, main window, bash patch log (and any import/export logs use the same spot), .. doesn't seem to (for me anyways) with the mod checker dialogue (I'll look into that though... I haven't yet done really much of anything with wxPython so I'm not sure if I will be able to but should be able to (can always ask for help on the wxpython users list)).

Is it forgetting for more than the first run after reinstall? (Which it would -- unless you copy the BashSettings.dat mentioned next sentence across installations)... if so make sure that Bash can successfully read/write to your saves directory (the settings for that sort of stuff is saved to BashSettings.dat (and backup of BashSettings.dat.bak) inside documents/my games/oblivion).
Pacific Morrowind
Beat freak

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:51 am

Hi guys, i just came across this and wondering if my game will run without CTD like 2+ years ago. After gotten better pc, but still have no clues how this works. I can work with OBMM pretty good and i dont have any problems running Oblivion atm, after installing the game and patch without SI, i came across few icons that are misplace or blur, remember one of them are breeches.

After installing this didnt do anything, like a blank paper then i got the program that required to run it. Still wouldnt kick. Using Vista 64bits with high end hardwares, so i prob wont mess with this til i do have CTD. But sometimes the game or other programs will crash without any knowledge of this or other features. Gotta realise nothing run 100% effectively, alot of ppls dont realise that it could be bad harddrives, need scan and defrag or spy/malewares have corrupted your OS's files.

Im sure i may run into problems while playing Oblivion later on, could someone give me basic concept how it work without brain washing me with alkinda commands and switches lol.
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:08 am

hmm it should remember that from the last time you had the window open - at least with the bash patch dialogue, main window, bash patch log (and any import/export logs use the same spot), .. doesn't seem to (for me anyways) with the mod checker dialogue (I'll look into that though... I haven't yet done really much of anything with wxPython so I'm not sure if I will be able to but should be able to (can always ask for help on the wxpython users list)).

Is it forgetting for more than the first run after reinstall? (Which it would -- unless you copy the BashSettings.dat mentioned next sentence across installations)... if so make sure that Bash can successfully read/write to your saves directory (the settings for that sort of stuff is saved to BashSettings.dat (and backup of BashSettings.dat.bak) inside documents/my games/oblivion).
Pacific Morrowind

Yes, I know it should be remembering, because it was on the last Windows install, and it still does if I manually stretch the window into place, but it won't remember it if the window is maximized using the UI widget for it. Everything else is ok, but it's slightly annoying that I had to resort to manually stretching it out.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:05 am

Yes, I know it should be remembering, because it was on the last Windows install, and it still does if I manually stretch the window into place, but it won't remember it if the window is maximized using the UI widget for it. Everything else is ok, but it's slightly annoying that I had to resort to manually stretching it out.

okay... I can change that... in the code it specifically excludes (for as long as I've been looking at it) saving the position if maximized!
easy change to add into next version.
Pacific Morrowind
Angus Poole

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 am

Definitely Python 2.6.4, wxPython 2.8.10.1 and the ComTypes... yeah I'm for sure using Bash 277! :P

And thanks for the reply; I look forward to the next release. ;)

Well I did try these three new versions and I regretted it ... I got some errors when launching Wrye Bash followed with a fatal crash windows report.
I uninstalled the stuffs and installed the old Wrye_Python exe which worked fine. (using version 2.77)

I have a request:

In Wrye Bash rebuild
-> Tweak Settings
-> Essential NPC unconsciousness
-> Add options 1.5 minutes or 2 minutes

3 or 5 minutes seem too much.
Rowena

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Cool, that would be greatly appreciated. Nitpicky, but I'm sort of OCD about these things :)

Any chance of getting the "Death Item" field from NPCs added as an import option for the bashed patch?
Gavin Roberts

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:04 am

@@Ayleid People: Consider it done... in about 1/8th of a second I'll commit that.

Cool, that would be greatly appreciated. Nitpicky, but I'm sort of OCD about these things :)

Any chance of getting the "Death Item" field from NPCs added as an import option for the bashed patch?

certainly makes sense...
INAM: yep I'm working on it (as in going to soon...not that it'll take long when I actually sit down and do it)... definitely in 278.
Pacific Morrowind
James Smart

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:54 am

Thinking of suggestions for tweaks - how about a timescale setting of 10 or 12 - seems that many mods that adjust or give options for timescale do so around that mark.

I've played at timescale 10 for many months.
Yama Pi

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 am

Thinking of suggestions for tweaks - how about a timescale setting of 10 or 12 - seems that many mods that adjust or give options for timescale do so around that mark.

Yes, I agree. But fine tuned with a bit more with options, say 8-12.
This affects many aspects of all kinds of mods. clocks, immersion, weather, misc scripts, etc.
Mr. Allen

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:51 am

just have younger hotter NPC esp deactivated before building your patch, rebuild patch making sure it is checked in the race records section. and it will work fine (for imports it doesn't matter whether source mods are active in your LO at build time or not)

checked in race records, unchecked in merge will work fine.
Pacific Morrowind

everytime I try to have checked in race records which is what it is now and have unchecked under the merged I then run rebuilt bash and mmm resize the races shows blank box not a tick or a +. I have tagged properly like you said but the only way to get anything in the box is to check under merged or to have a check mark in the box I have undable to deactivate like boss says what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can give
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 am

everytime I try to have checked in race records which is what it is now and

have unchecked under the merged I then run rebuilt bash

and mmm resize the races shows blank box not a tick or a +.

I have tagged properly like you said but the only way to get anything in the box is to check under merged or to have a check mark in the box I have undable to deactivate like boss says what am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can give

It did not need to be tagged it was already tagged with r.relations..

I have tried it without merging and you are correct, it does not get imported if just selected under races, blank next to it no +..

So it need to be selected under merge patches so that it import correctly once again and end up with + next to it..

PacificMorrowind can you verify this?
Jennifer May

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 pm

It did not need to be tagged it was already tagged with r.relations..

I have tried it without merging and you are correct, it does not get imported if just selected under races, blank next to it no +..

So it need to be selected under merge patches so that it import correctly once again and end up with + next to it..

PacificMorrowind can you verify this?

Thanks for your help that the way I have it know because I read you never want a blank next to an esp..

X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:43 am

Hey, Wrye Bash has recently started to give me small, annoying error whenever I rebuild my Bashed Patch. It's not harmful, as it still does everything it's supposed to, however it doesn't let me view the pop-up that shows what's changed after I've finished building it. Here's the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4356, in Execute    raise  File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4332, in Execute    readme.open('w').write(logValue)  File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bolt.py", line 461, in open    return open(self._s,*args)IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\Bethesda Softworks\\Oblivion\\Data\\Docs\\Bashed Patch, 0.txt'

Again, it isn't harmful in any way, just annoying. Any help fixing it would be appreciated.
Julie Ann

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 am

I've played at timescale 10 for many months.

Yes, I agree. But fine tuned with a bit more with options, say 8-12.
This affects many aspects of all kinds of mods. clocks, immersion, weather, misc scripts, etc.

8, 10 and 12 added, thanks.
Pacific Morrowind
Laura Hicks

Next

Return to IV - Oblivion