[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread #34

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 am

First let me say thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can give me.I'm a noob but can follow directions real well i have everything for my fcom setup installed and ordered by boss I am at the Wrye Bash Portiond and need a litle help i think i know how to handle the tagging part but what and when do i merge if anyone could help it would me much appreciated.
Michelle Smith

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 am

Which kind of files slow down Oblivion if they are in the game's directory?

You're dealing with two different problems here.

The first: *ALL* ESM, ESP, and BSA files are subject to the 400 file limit. Exceeding that will cause those mods and/or assets to be ignored by the game. Often it will just lead to immediate crashing.

The second: Directory thrashing. This applies to any type of file left sitting loose in the Oblivion\Data folder. This means text files, renamed mod files, loose nifs, whatever. The more you have, the more the game goes digging through them, and the more slow down you experience. This won't necessarily result in missing mods or assets, but it does contribute to slowing the game down. The only way to truly prevent the issue is to move the files to a folder outside of Oblivion\Data. This is why the BAIN installers are where they are.

Since I don't use ghosting, I don't know off hand where it puts those files. If it's not moving them outside the folder, they're going to remain an issue.

Saved games are not at issue since they're stored under My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves.
Olga Xx

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 am

Ghosted files do stay in Data folder as Plugin.esp.ghost.
Stephanie I

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:05 am

That probably needs to be addressed then. The last time I watched the game with procmon, it was accessing all sorts of things in there it had no business paying attention to.
sexy zara

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:17 am

I wonder how hard it would be to code in a readme option for the BAIN context menu? Like the mods tab has. Would be cool, IMO.
Jinx Sykes

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 am

You're dealing with two different problems here.

The first: *ALL* ESM, ESP, and BSA files are subject to the 400 file limit. Exceeding that will cause those mods and/or assets to be ignored by the game. Often it will just lead to immediate crashing.

The second: Directory thrashing. This applies to any type of file left sitting loose in the Oblivion\Data folder. This means text files, renamed mod files, loose nifs, whatever. The more you have, the more the game goes digging through them, and the more slow down you experience. This won't necessarily result in missing mods or assets, but it does contribute to slowing the game down. The only way to truly prevent the issue is to move the files to a folder outside of Oblivion\Data. This is why the BAIN installers are where they are.

Since I don't use ghosting, I don't know off hand where it puts those files. If it's not moving them outside the folder, they're going to remain an issue.

Saved games are not at issue since they're stored under My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves.

Good, we're on the same page now. Except for one thing: people in the thread you linked to were reporting trashing in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion as well, I don't know if it has been confirmed.

I think we now agree on the fact that to prevent trashing, Wrye bash should stop extracting docs to Oblivion\Data\Docs (put them instead in Oblivion Mods\Docs, right next to Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers). It should also move ghosted files instead of just renaming them to *.ghost. Proposed location: Oblivion Mods\Ghosted Files.

I wonder how hard it would be to code in a readme option for the BAIN context menu? Like the mods tab has. Would be cool, IMO.

Some mods have several readmes. It would be better to just allow opening files from the "configured files" list by clicking their name (which should appear underlined like a hyperlink), as I suggested earlier.
Maeva

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Some mods have several readmes. It would be better to just allow opening files from the "configured files" list by clicking their name (which should appear underlined like a hyperlink), as I suggested earlier.

Yeah, that would work too. Most mods only have one readme though.
James Shaw

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:31 pm

After long and happy use of bash I have two questions. I seriously hope they are not too stupid :embarrass:

1.) Is it possible to change the path where the savegames are stored? I recently discovered that the rapidly vanishing free disk space on my c: partition had something to do with my need to have many, many savegames, backups of them and backups of the backups :P
I can only guess that this is possible in the normal oblivion ini by setting an absolute path, similar to the screenshots path. But it would be useless to do this because I use several savegame profiles.

2.) I installed python 2.6.4 for use with PyFFI (and wxpython and ComTypes) and the most recent Wrye Bash version, 277. Seems to work fine (well.. there WAS an error, once, on the first startup after, but I didn't copy it and it has not occured again) but the installers tab keeps freezing, everytime I switch to another window and then back.
Don't hit me... should I have uninstalled python 2.5.4 before installing 2.6.4? Since it chose another directory (Python26) I thought I could keep both versions... maybe...? :rolleyes:
At the moment I'm thinking about finishing PyFFIng some meshes and then uninstalling everything python related and then installing the 2.5.4 package again.

But it'd be great if someone could tell me if this error has something to do with python at all.
Sista Sila

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:42 am

After long and happy use of bash I have two questions. I seriously hope they are not too stupid :embarrass:

1.) Is it possible to change the path where the savegames are stored? I recently discovered that the rapidly vanishing free disk space on my c: partition had something to do with my need to have many, many savegames, backups of them and backups of the backups :P
I can only guess that this is possible in the normal oblivion ini by setting an absolute path, similar to the screenshots path. But it would be useless to do this because I use several savegame profiles.

2.) I installed python 2.6.4 for use with PyFFI (and wxpython and ComTypes) and the most recent Wrye Bash version, 277. Seems to work fine (well.. there WAS an error, once, on the first startup after, but I didn't copy it and it has not occured again) but the installers tab keeps freezing, everytime I switch to another window and then back.
Don't hit me... should I have uninstalled python 2.5.4 before installing 2.6.4? Since it chose another directory (Python26) I thought I could keep both versions... maybe...? :rolleyes:
At the moment I'm thinking about finishing PyFFIng some meshes and then uninstalling everything python related and then installing the 2.5.4 package again.

But it'd be great if someone could tell me if this error has something to do with python at all.

I think you should uninstall Python 2.5.4.
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 am

...the installers tab keeps freezing, everytime I switch to another window and then back.

The Installers Tab takes its time to open. Whenever you switch to it, let it takes its time. Especially if you have made any changes to the Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers folder, it will rescan the whole folder as it opens. Takes up to several minutes.

Also takes some time if you have brought up another active window and click back on the Installers tab. You may even get "not responding" message. But, let it work. It should come back on its own.

gothemasticator
ShOrty

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:13 am

Thanks for the advice!

I uninstalled 2.5.4, no difference.

Then I uninstalled everything else and (re)installed the 3 things mentioned on the first page of this thread: Python, wxpython and ComTypes.

Now I got a message/error? again when I first started wrye bash after that:
# Generating comtypes.gen._99AB80C4_5E19_4FD5_B3CA_5EF62FC3F765_0_1_0
# Generating comtypes.gen._00020430_0000_0000_C000_000000000046_0_2_0
# Generating comtypes.gen.stdole
# Generating comtypes.gen.myole4ax
# Generating comtypes.gen._EAB22AC0_30C1_11CF_A7EB_0000C05BAE0B_0_1_1
# Generating comtypes.gen.SHDocVw

What does it mean?

I've been using wrye bash with bain for a year now and it has NEVER frozen like this. A few minutes on restart or after adding a file, fine. 30 minutes for a full update, still fine. But not freezing for 10-20 seconds everytime I click out of the window. My cpu-load(?) rises from 1% to 50%. That is really annoying and started after I updated all that stuff to use PyFFI. That's why I'm wondering whether Python 2.6 is the problem or Wrye Bash 277 itself. Or something elese that can be fixed. I might even go back to Wrye Bash 262 (my last version before) to get rid of it if necessary, but I really hope it won't be, I love the new features.
Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks for the advice!

Then I uninstalled everything else and (re)installed the 3 things mentioned on the first page of this thread: Python, wxpython and ComTypes.

What does it mean?

I've been using wrye bash with bain for a year now and it has NEVER frozen like this. A few minutes on restart or after adding a file, fine. 30 minutes for a full update, still fine. But not freezing for 10-20 seconds everytime I click out of the window. My cpu-load(?) rises from 1% to 50%. That is really annoying and started after I updated all that stuff to use PyFFI. That's why I'm wondering whether Python 2.6 is the problem or Wrye Bash 277 itself. Or something elese that can be fixed. I might even go back to Wrye Bash 262 (my last version before) to get rid of it if necessary, but I really hope it won't be, I love the new features.

Did you install the other components? You need more than juist the comtypes, wx-python, and Python itself. Google it if you didn't. There are updated versions of all components available for Python 2.6. I'm using them in fact.
Alexander Lee

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 am

Good point :facepalm:
In fact, I didn't.

Now I have installed:

• Components:

• Python 2.5
• This is the main install for python. It provides the base interpreter/compiler and the basic libraries. Python 2.5 is the preferred version for Wrye Bash.
• Download link: Python 2.5.2

• wxPython 2.8.7.1 ANSI
• Python supports several different GUI libraries. Wrye Bash uses wxPython. Note that it's important to get version 2.8.7.1 – later versions of wxPython 2.8 are not compatible with Psyco.
• Download link: wxPython 2.8.7.1 ANSI for python 2.5.

• pyWin32
• PyWin32 provices access to windows registry info on user folders, etc. Wrye Bash uses this info to locate user specific info (active plugins and save games folder).
• Download link: SourceForge pywin32. Be sure to install the version that matches the version of python you installed! E.g. if you installed python 2.5, then download/install pywinXXX-py2.5.exe.

• ComTypes 0.5.2
• ComTypes is not strictly required, but may be used by later versions of Wrye Bash. (It's useful for copying screenshots to the desktop, etc.)

• PIL 1.1.6
• PIL (Python Imaging Library) is currently required, but may be used by later versions of Wrye Bash. (It's useful for manipulating screenshots, etc.)

• Psyco 1.6
• Psyco provides a peformance boost for python programs (at the cost of using more memory). Pysco is not required by Wrye Bash, but will be used if it is present. The performance boost can be useful if you frequently rebuild the Bashed Patch.
• Download link: Pysco 1.6-py25.exe.

Added Pywin, PIL, Psyco, started WB with Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw but it keeps freezing :nope:
Am I missing something else? I took this list from the readme.

I think I will restart my computer... but I somehow doubt it'll help much.

Edit: As I thought, didn't change anything. Will think about what to try next later, housework awaits me.
Ally Chimienti

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:43 am

I seemed to have broken my bashed patch. Can some one help me understand this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\basher.py", line 4356, in Execute
raise
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\basher.py", line 4318, in Execute
patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13404, in buildPatch
patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\bosh.py", line 14029, in buildPatch
record.__setattr__(attr,value)
AttributeError: 'MreActi' object has no attribute 'iconPath'

I was trying to get Blood and Mud, Open Cities Classic, Unique Landscapes, New Roads and Bridges, And Let the People Drink to play together nicely. Everything was installed either Omod or Bain. All compatibility patches were installed per the read me from OCC NR&B, I used BOSS to straighten out my load order and started doctoring my tags based on what BOSS told me and the BASH TAG thread here in the forums. I also took a look at TES4EDIT and was completely overwhelmed. Up until I used BOSS and changed my tags, everything was okay as long as LTPD wasn't activated, (meaning no CTD's on load, I had not gone through the individual areas yet.). After that though I tried rebuilding bashed patch and got the above error. At this point regardless of what is bashed, activated, deactivated or otherwise I get a CTD on load. Without bashed patch on loading a save, and with on the initial loading of the game.

this is my current load, The bashed patch I redated to send to the endOblivion.esmEnhancedWeather.esmCobl Main.esm  . Note:  Do not use Tamrielic Ingredients and COBL at the same time.Armamentarium.esmArtifacts.esmKvatch Rebuilt.esmOpen Cities Resources.esmbookplacing.esmHorseCombatMaster.esmTNR ALL RACES FINAL.esp  . Note:  Not need if use Cobl Races TNR.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:NpcFaces,NoMerge}} and deactivate.TNR - ShiveringIsles no helms.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:NpcFaces,NoMerge}} and deactivate.Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  . Note:  Recommend installing UOP hotfix for additional fixes: [src="http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1069864-relz-wrye-bash-thread-34/http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27710"]http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27710[/url]  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:C.Climate,C.Light,C.Owner,Delev,Invent,Names,Relev,Stats,Relations}} and remove the C.Water tag.DLCShiveringIsles.espUnofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  . Note:  Remember to use the 'MOBS' version when using Francesco's and FCOM.  . Note:  Newest MOBS and non-MOBS versions have the same name.  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:C.Light,C.Owner,Invent,Names,Relations,Stats,Delev}}LoadingScreens.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics,NoMerge}} if using overhaul mods.EnhancedWeather.espKvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.espEnhanced Water v2.0 HDMI.espEnhanced Water v2.0 HD - SI Addon.espWindowLightingSystem.espBook Jackets Oblivion.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics}} and deactivate.Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics}} and deactivate.7lbsBedrolls-OBSE.espdiversegrasses.espP1DmenuEscape.espRAEVWD Cities.espRAEVWD Imperial City.espReznod_Mannequin.espHouseMapMarkers.espDLCHorseArmor.espDLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.espDLCOrrery.espDLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.espDLCVileLair.espDLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.espDLCMehrunesRazor.espDLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.espDLCSpellTomes.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Relev}}DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  . Note:  Not compatible with 'CDM-CGO Compatibility plugins'.Book Jackets DLC.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics,NoMerge}} and deactivate.GrimbotsSpellTomes.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics}} and deactivate.MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Body-M,Graphics}}EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{Bash:Graphics}}  . Note:  For Vanilla, do not use with OOO/MMM/FCOM, use that version instead.Assassin_Blade.espAssassinBow.espArtifactsFemaleArmor.espmnp Nighteye Goggles.espTona_ShadowWalker_v2.espStockClothingArmor-forExnems.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics,NoMerge}} if using overhaul mods.Armamentium female.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics,NoMerge}} and deactivateCommand Mount.espDLCThievesDen.espDLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.espDLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.espCobl Glue.espCobl Si.esp  . Note:  Requires Shivering Isles expansion.Cobl Tweaks.espArmamentariumLL.esp  . Note:  For non-OOO users. Use 'ArmamentariumLL4OOO.esp' if using OOO.ArmamentariumLLVendors.esp  . Note:  Can be used with either 'ArmamentariumLL.esp' or 'ArmamentariumLL4OOO.esp'.ArmamentariumLLmagic.espArmamentariumArtifacts.espArmamentariumLLArmaVendor.esp  . Note:  Do not use with ArmamentariumLL4OOO.esp or ArmamentariumLLVendors.espAkaviri_Imports_Fixed_esp-4277.espAkaviriSamuraiShop.espallinonebasemant.espArtifacts.espArtifacts - ArmaCompleteAddon.espBetter Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.espKvatch Rebuilt.espOCC-KR-Patch.espLetThePeopleDrink.espPinewood.espSnow Dragon Temple v1.0.espStonewall Townhouse.espValus Cottage.espDLCBattlehornCastle.espDLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.espDLCFrostcrag.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:C.Owner}}DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  . Note:  Possible conflict with Frostcrag Reborn. Do not use both or land tearing will occur.Knights.espKnights - Unofficial Patch.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:C.Light,Invent,Names,Relev,Stats}}EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Graphics}}OCC-KOTN-Patch.espThe Lost Spires.espOCC-Lost Spires-Patch.espBlood&Mud.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Hair, NpcFaces}}Shadowcrest_Vineyard_COBL.esproad+bridges.espNRB4+Vineyard Patch.espxuldarkforest.espLostSpires-DarkForest patch.espxulStendarrValley.espxulTheHeath.espXulEntiusGorge.espxulFallenLeafEverglade.espLostSpires-Everglade patch.espxulColovianHighlands_EV.espxulChorrolHinterland.espxulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp  . Note:  Make sure version is 1.6.3 or later.xulbravilbarrowfields.espxulLushWoodlands.espxulAncientYews.espxulAncientRedwoods.espxulCloudtopMountains.espxulArriusCreek.espxulPatch_AY_AC.espxulRollingHills_EV.espxulPantherRiver.espxulRiverEthe.espxulBrenaRiverRavine.esp  . Note:  Border region restrictions must be turned off: use Wrye Bash tweak, hand edit .ini file or use no-border mod (not recommended).xulImperialIsle.espxulBlackwoodForest.espxulCheydinhalFalls.espBlood&Mud-CheydinhalFalls patch.espKvatchRebuilt-CheydinhalFalls patch.espxulAspenWood.espNRB4+UL-II+LtPD Patch.espOpen Cities New Sheoth.esp  . Note:  Requires Shivering Isles expansion.Open Cities Anvil.espOpen Cities Bravil Blood&Mud.esp  . Note:  Requires Bravil Blood&Mud.Open Cities Bruma.espOpen Cities Cheydinhal.espOpen Cities Chorrol.espOpen Cities Leyawiin Reborn.espOpen Cities Skingrad.espOCC-ULCH-Patch.espOCLR+ULBWForest Patch.espOC+Cheydinhal Falls Patch.espBarrowFields-Blood&Mud-Patch.esp  . Note:  Do not use this with Better Cities or Open Better Cities.Bag of Holding.espEVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.espP1DkeyChain.espP1DKeyChainSI Merged.espSalmo the Baker, Cobl.esp  . Note:  MAY cause CTDs. Cause uncertain despite extensive debugging. Disable if experiencing a persistant crash.Toggleable Quantity Prompt.espundercover.espBorderless_Cyrodiil-3578.esp  . Note:  Use .ini tweak or Wrye Bash Bashed Patch tweak instead where possible to avoid conflicts.Quest Award Leveller.espQuest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.espQuest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.espQuest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.espnewstartV3.espRealisticForceHigh.espRealisticMagicForceMedium.espNo psychic guards v1.2.espNo psychic guards harder v1.2.espmighty_bows_damage_bonus.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:Stats}}Deadly Reflex 5 - Timed Block and 250% damage.esp  . Note:  Use no more than one Timed Block ESP.DeadlyReflex 5 - Combat Moves.esp  . Note:  See [src="http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1069864-relz-wrye-bash-thread-34/http://omploader.org/vMmJlbA/DRtestfix.zip"]http://omploader.org/vMmJlbA/DRtestfix.zip[/url] for a hotfix for CTD issues.CuteElf11.esp  . Bashed Patch tag suggestion:  {{BASH:NpcFaces,Hair,Eyes,Graphics}}bgHighElfSeamReducerFixEV.espNo More Annoying Comments.espNRB4 Standard Road Record.esp  . Note:  Requires New Roads+Bridges.  . Note:  Use only one road record file. Recommend importing into Bashed Patch.NRB4 OCLR Road Record.esp  . Note:  Requires New Roads+Bridges and Open Cities Leyawiin Reborn. Use this ESP instead of NRB4 Standard Road Record.esp AND instead of Open Cities LR Road Record.esp AND instead of Open Cities Road Record.esp.  . Note:  Use only one road record file. Recommend importing into Bashed Patch.Cobl Silent Equip Misc.espBashed Patch, 0.esp-----------------------------------------------------------------Unrecognised mod files:                                          Reorder these by hand using your favourite mod ordering utility. -----------------------------------------------------------------Unknown mod file: FingerOfTheMountain.espUnknown mod file: bookplacing.espUnknown mod file: ColovianHeightsMansion.espUnknown mod file: CCR - Capucine.espUnknown mod file: mighty_bows_full.espUnknown mod file: mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus.esp

Dan Endacott

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Good point :facepalm:
In fact, I didn't.

Now I have installed:

Added Pywin, PIL, Psyco, started WB with Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw but it keeps freezing :nope:
Am I missing something else? I took this list from the readme.

I think I will restart my computer... but I somehow doubt it'll help much.

Edit: As I thought, didn't change anything. Will think about what to try next later, housework awaits me.

Are you sure you're giving it enough time? Sometimes when I build my Bashed Patch or load the installers tab, Bash will appear to freeze, when it actually hasn't.

EDIT:
You mean you are just trying to launch Bash?
Marquis T

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:15 am

Have you tried getting a new bashed patch out of the Mopy/Extras folder? See if the new one works. Perhaps the old bashed patch became corrupted.

gothemasticator
sexy zara

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:23 am

Good, we're on the same page now. Except for one thing: people in the thread you linked to were reporting trashing in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion as well, I don't know if it has been confirmed.

I think we now agree on the fact that to prevent trashing, Wrye bash should stop extracting docs to Oblivion\Data\Docs (put them instead in Oblivion Mods\Docs, right next to Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers). It should also move ghosted files instead of just renaming them to *.ghost. Proposed location: Oblivion Mods\Ghosted Files.

how many things are you guys gonna suggest?... I'm not a Python expert ... adding all of these to my list of features to add/change.
a note about the ghosted esp/ms: it fixes the esp/m thrashing but not the directory thrashing... as in you can have a 1000 esp/ms in your data file and only if ghosted will oblivion load at all.

adding feature to my (long) list of things to code... without full investigation I will say yes it can be done.
Thanks for the advice!

What does it mean?

ZERO idea.. never seen that error... my only guess would be that you installed a funny versio of ComTypes - did you install the versions linked to in the FP? if not try cleaning out the old version and reinstalling those ones

I've always had that - from the first version that Wrye added in BAIN and back then I was running Python 2.5.2; ofc I always have around 300-600 packages in my mods folder (although if it gets up to a 1000 it is totally unmaneageable for any functions in BAIN due to the sheer volume of data).
Pacific Morrowind
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:09 am

Have you tried getting a new bashed patch out of the Mopy/Extras folder? See if the new one works. Perhaps the old bashed patch became corrupted.

gothemasticator

I tried reverting to back up and first back up, at which point I didn't even see Bethesda before CTD
Ally Chimienti

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:57 pm

I seemed to have broken my bashed patch. Can some one help me understand this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\basher.py", line 4356, in Execute
raise
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\basher.py", line 4318, in Execute
patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13404, in buildPatch
patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
File "E:\crap\games\Bethesda\Oblivion folder\Mopy\bosh.py", line 14029, in buildPatch
record.__setattr__(attr,value)
AttributeError: 'MreActi' object has no attribute 'iconPath'

hmm that looks like an old version? try updating to the latest (I've just confirmed that that bug cannot happen in the latest); it looks like a bug that I made, found and fixed... thought that it had avoided notice since it was in an old version and not easy to get.
Pacific Morrowind
james kite

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:53 pm

hmm that looks like an old version? try updating to the latest (I've just confirmed that that bug cannot happen in the latest); it looks like a bug that I made, found and fixed... thought that it had avoided notice since it was in an old version and not easy to get.
Pacific Morrowind

I'm using the same one thats on the front page 277 downloaded from Nexus less than month ago.
Justin

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:19 am

I'm using the same one thats on the front page 277 downloaded from Nexus less than month ago.

okay then that is bizarre - there is not one time that mreActi is linked to any iconPath... guess that is I have no idea how that is happening not cannot happen :(
Try deselecting the graphics patcher to see if it is in there and if not try the merge patcher...
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
Marquis T

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:38 pm

okay then that is bizarre - there is not one time that mreActi is linked to any iconPath... guess that is I have no idea how that is happening not cannot happen :(
Try deselecting the graphics patcher to see if it is in there and if not try the merge patcher...
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind

Okay that got rid of the error itself, I am still CTDing on load save game though...

edit 1
I went back again to see what of the graphics file was causing the error, and the first one I unchecked got rid of the error: Bookplacing.ESP.

edit 2
I found a few of my offenders. Something doesn't like Blood and Mud, oh well I can live without that one. Open Cities Classic didn't like House Map Markers Being installed, I ended up with doubled cities at least in Leyawiin. I deactivated all mods that changed the citiy interiors and B&M as well as LTPD, no more CTD's. B&M I don't need but I will continue trying to get LTPD OCC and UL to play together nicely, they are three great projects.

Thanks for the tip on the error Pacific Morrowind.
cutiecute

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Okay that got rid of the error itself, I am still CTDing on load save game though...

edit 1
I went back again to see what of the graphics file was causing the error, and the first one I unchecked got rid of the error: Bookplacing.ESP.

hmmm that is odd... is that bookplacing.esp from http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4143?... I just dled that and tagging and building it with graphics won't make it error for me... (trying to replicate so as to be able to squash the bug) hoping that I grabbed wrong file and it just happens to be named the same.
edit 2
I found a few of my offenders. Something doesn't like Blood and Mud, oh well I can live without that one. Open Cities Classic didn't like House Map Markers Being installed, I ended up with doubled cities at least in Leyawiin. I deactivated all mods that changed the citiy interiors and B&M as well as LTPD, no more CTD's. B&M I don't need but I will continue trying to get LTPD OCC and UL to play together nicely, they are three great projects.

Thanks for the tip on the error Pacific Morrowind.

don't know OCC or B&M from personal experience... but I know that LTPD and ULs will play fine together. I did notice in your BOSS log that you have a couple duplicate/similar esps which you should be using only one of, so make sure that you don't have both the 'no psychic guards x' files active at the same time, same for the two road record files.
Pacific Morrowind
kirsty williams

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 am

OCC already has house markers for all the player homes, so you don't need that mod installed. IT shouldn't be causing double cities, but if you fast travel to the wrong marker that's enough to ruin your visit.

B&M shouldn't really be an issue unless you were trying to play it with OCC and B&M at the same time without using the proper configuration for that. I can tell you though that between everything B&M adds and everything Bravil Barrowfields adds, you can run yourself short of VRAM real quick.
Mandy Muir

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 am

OCC already has house markers for all the player homes, so you don't need that mod installed. IT shouldn't be causing double cities, but if you fast travel to the wrong marker that's enough to ruin your visit.
Note that Map Marker Overhaul adds house markers too (with a house icon instead of village icon), but is OCC-aware and automatically changes OCC's house markers into house icons instead of adding a double set, if OCC is detected. So if you only have a few of the OCC cities, MMO will add its own markers to the non-OCC cities.

(Thanks to Arthmoor for giving me all OCC's house marker references for the various OCC combos) :)
Josh Trembly

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion