[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread #34

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:49 am

It did not need to be tagged it was already tagged with r.relations..

I have tried it without merging and you are correct, it does not get imported if just selected under races, blank next to it no +..

So it need to be selected under merge patches so that it import correctly once again and end up with + next to it..

PacificMorrowind can you verify this?

correct... I forgot all about that (Race record is the one section of the patch that that is the case)
Pacific Mororwind
Bigze Stacks

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:24 am

Hey, Wrye Bash has recently started to give me small, annoying error whenever I rebuild my Bashed Patch. It's not harmful, as it still does everything it's supposed to, however it doesn't let me view the pop-up that shows what's changed after I've finished building it. Here's the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4356, in Execute    raise  File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4332, in Execute    readme.open('w').write(logValue)  File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bolt.py", line 461, in open    return open(self._s,*args)IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\Bethesda Softworks\\Oblivion\\Data\\Docs\\Bashed Patch, 0.txt'

Again, it isn't harmful in any way, just annoying. Any help fixing it would be appreciated.

I doubt the fault lies with Wrye Bash, it tries to open the file "Bashed Patch, 0.txt" with write permission and fails to do so.
Either this file already exists and has permission restrictions that don't allow Wrye Bash to open it. Or another program is already using the file. The directory Oblivion\Data\Docs\ might also be missing.
You might try to delete it manually and see if you still get this error.

---

I'm wondering something and it wasn't in the official documentation(at least I didn't see anything about it), what does it mean if you don't get a check mark or a plus next to a mod but a dot(green box with a dot in the middle)?
teeny

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:09 am

I'm wondering something and it wasn't in the official documentation(at least I didn't see anything about it), what does it mean if you don't get a check mark or a plus next to a mod but a dot(green box with a dot in the middle)?

It means that stuff from the esp are imported into the Bashed Patch (rather than the esp being merged into it). Example: with TNR you can use Import NPC Faces in order to just have the face changes as you might want changed NPC stats from other mods to be kept. Then you'll get a green dot.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:05 am

Feature request:

I need to export the following three columns for mods: FormId (ObjectIndex), Name and Value. Currently, export Stats have formId and Value, while export Names have formId and Name. It is of course possible to merge the two with the formId as reference, but it would be much easier if (f.ex.) the Name was included with the export Stats, or a new export function with those values were available.

Carlos Rojas

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:16 pm

PacificMorrowind, the italian translation of Bash still isn't complete: I don't care very much about that, but maybe I could apply to refine the Italian.txt. Just a thought to make Bash even better. :)
Dan Scott

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:05 am

correct... I forgot all about that (Race record is the one section of the patch that that is the case)
Pacific Mororwind

Thank you for confirming that,

So once again MMM resized races need to be both select in merge patches and races section. To get imported correctly into bash patch.

Corepc

I second NiceOne Request. has it would make what he is trying to do much easier for EE once again..please..
Ebou Suso

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:18 am

It means that stuff from the esp are imported into the Bashed Patch (rather than the esp being merged into it). Example: with TNR you can use Import NPC Faces in order to just have the face changes as you might want changed NPC stats from other mods to be kept. Then you'll get a green dot.

It would be great if you could do this with NPC animations - in other words only import the "KFFZ - Animations" and nothing else.

Possible future feature?
x a million...

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:17 am

I am sorry if I am just barging in on your posts, but someone suggested I post my problem in this thread. I am getting corrupt saves every time I save, which is understandable as this is Oblivion, but it happens regardless of where I am in the gameworld. I could be in a dungeon, town, or wilderness; after a certain point in the game when I try to save, all I get is a CTD and a corrupted save to boot. I used Bash to check the statistics of the corrupted save and was relayed with theis message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 8702, in Execute
saveFile.load(SubProgress(progress,0,0.9))
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 5677, in load
self.tempEffects = ins.read(size)
OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

I apologize for my ignorance, as I have no idea what this actually means. If someone could help, I would appreciate it. These are the mods I am currently running Oblivion on:

Masters for: quicksave.ess00  Oblivion.esm01  EnhancedWeather.esm  [Version 1.3.9]02  TamrielTravellers.esm  [Version 1.39c]03  Bab.esm  [Version FINAL]04  TNR ALL RACES FINAL.esp05  emperorface.esp06  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]07  LoadingScreens.esp08  _Real_Lights.esp09  EnhancedWeather.esp  [Version 1.3.5]0A  EnhancedWeather - Darker Nights, 50.esp  [Version Final]0B  Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp0C  Symphony of Violence.esp0D  AmbientTownSounds.esp0E  MIS.esp0F  MIS New Sounds Optional Part.esp10  Storms & Sound.esp11  IWR-Lights.esp12  IWR-Windows.esp13  IWR-Shutters.esp14  Book Jackets Oblivion.esp15  ChaseCameraMod.esp16  VanityCameraSmoother.esp17  ClocksOfCyrodiil.esp18  CM_Better Wine.esp19  Cyrodilic Brandy.esp1A  Extended Death Camera.esp1B  Inebriation.esp1C  MorrowindBooks.esp1D  Oblivion Cats v0.22b.esp1E  P1DseeYouSleep.esp1F  RAEVWD Cities.esp  [Version 1.4]20  RAEVWD Imperial City.esp  [Version 1.4]21  Shield on Back 3.1.esp22  Slof's Oblivion Pillow Book.esp23  Update My Statue.esp  [Version 1.30]24  C&C - The Blackwood Company.esp25  Improved Hotkeys.esp  [Version 1.1]26  Bab.esp  [Version RC1]27  MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp28  Adonnays Classical Weaponry.esp29  Adonnays Elven Weaponry.esp2A  Armory of the Silver Dragon.esp2B  Dread Knight Armor.esp2C  Ethereal - Armor Imperial Legion Edition AR.esp  [Version FINAL]2D  FineWeapons.esp2E  Lich King's Helm v1_0.esp2F  New Frostmourne Sword by Jojjo v1_0.esp30  RustyItems.esp31  Tyrael Armor.esp32  VA_HonamiDaito.esp33  VA_UniqueKatana1.esp34  VA_UniqueKatana1Replace.esp35  RealSwords - Argonian LO-NPC.esp36  RealSwords - Argonian LO.esp37  RealSwords - Bosmer LO.esp38  RealSwords - Bosmer LO-NPC.esp39  RealSwords - Breton LO-NPC.esp3A  RealSwords - Breton LO.esp3B  RealSwords - Goblin.esp3C  RealSwords - Khajiit LO-NPC v1.3.esp3D  RealSwords - Khajiit LO v1.3.esp3E  RealSwords - Nord LO-NPC.esp3F  RealSwords - Nord LO.esp40  RealSwords - Orc LO v1.0.esp41  RealSwords - Orc LO-NPC v1.0.esp42  RealSwords - Redguard LO-NPC.esp43  RealSwords - Redguard LO.esp44  Babarized SinbloodWidowDress.esp45  Slof's Horses Base.esp46  Slof's Extra Horses.esp47  TamrielTravellers.esp  [Version 1.39c]48  TamrielTravellersFactionAll.esp  [Version 1.39c]49  TamrielTravellersItemsUnscaled.esp  [Version 1.39c]4A  Nightshade_Armor.esp4B  BabShop.esp4C  LetThePeopleDrink.esp  [Version 2.5]4D  Servant of the Dawn.esp4E  Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp4F  RTT.esp50  Enhanced Weather - Ruined Tail's Tale Patch.esp  [Version Final]51  The Lost Spires.esp52  mythsandlegends.esp53  bartholm.esp54  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]55  Bag of Holding.esp  [Version 1.5.0]56  Cliff_BetterLetters.esp  [Version 1.1]57  Leviathan Soulgems.esp58  P1DkeyChain.esp  [Version 5.00]59  Storms & Sound - Bartholm.esp5A  Storms & Sound - The Lost Spires.esp5B  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.1.1]5C  RealisticForceMedium.esp5D  RealisticMagicForceHigh.esp5E  GalerionUnarmoredAcrobatics.esp5F  Improved Ancestor Guardian.esp60  MidasSpells.esp61  Deadlier Traps.esp62  ResetEmotionAfterCombat.esp63  Smarter Mercantile Leveling - Multi.esp64  Mayu's Animation Overhaul.esp65  babehair_EV.esp66  _Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp67  ElaborateEyes.esp68  _Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp69  KT_CustomRaceFix.esp6A  BadderFireFX.esp6B  BadderFrostFX.esp6C  BadderShockFX.esp6D  Get Wet.esp6E  Visually Realistic Deadly Lava.esp6F  Viconia.esp70  Jpm's Vampire Hunters.esp71  Nec-Mystic Dark ElF.esp72  ElaborateEyes-RensBeautyPackFull.esp73  1SB_LucreziaNavarre outfit.esp74  [Hexaae] Get Wet v0.92.esp75  Silverlight Armor by Jojjo.esp76  Warglaives by Jojjo v1.0.esp77  Bashed Patch, 0.esp78  Streamline 3.1.esp

This list comes from a new character I have made which has, so far, remained untainted by the corruption.
Chris Cross Cabaret Man

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 am

I am sorry if I am just barging in on your posts, but someone suggested I post my problem in this thread. I am getting corrupt saves every time I save, which is understandable as this is Oblivion, but it happens regardless of where I am in the gameworld. I could be in a dungeon, town, or wilderness; after a certain point in the game when I try to save, all I get is a CTD and a corrupted save to boot. I used Bash to check the statistics of the corrupted save and was relayed with theis message:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 8702, in Execute
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 5677, in load
OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

I apologize for my ignorance, as I have no idea what this actually means. If someone could help, I would appreciate it. These are the mods I am currently running Oblivion on:

This list comes from a new character I have made which has, so far, remained untainted by the corruption.

hmm that is an odd error; what version of Oblivin are you running? and does Bash give the same error on the non-corrupted saves?
PacificMorrowind, the italian translation of Bash still isn't complete: I don't care very much about that, but maybe I could apply to refine the Italian.txt. Just a thought to make Bash even better. :)

Yes I know... the only translation that is pretty much complete is the Russion one - and DJ_Kovrik is updating it again to account for the the recent changes... I'd certainly appreciate it being updated; I've updated the translation file with all the new translation keys (which does nothing until there are subsequent translation strings)... http://www.4shared.com/file/203248235/eec4ce0d/Italian.html.
Pacific Morrowind
matt white

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:09 am

@Sealwarrior:
I looked it up in the python file and apparently it's the part where it loads all the TempEffects elements(my knowledge of python is quite limited). As far as I can see it reads a value which is the number of TempEffects and then tries to read the list but the number of TempEffects is too big and read returns an error. I'm not sure what those TempEffects are, effects on the player maybe or maybe something more global, I wish I could tell you. But apparently a mod keeps adding them.

Just out of curiosity, what is the size of your corrupted savegames?
HARDHEAD

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 am

Something I'd like to request but realize is probably not an easy thing.

When using the Scripts tag, it would be nice if Bash didn't import a record that hasn't got one applied to it. The best example I can think of off hand is the UOP currently has the Scripts tag. OOO applies the torch script to the Torch02 record. But when building the patch, the script record is overridden anyway. I don't think this should happen if the mod makes no change to the script. It should only import data if the mod actually assigns a change to the record. So if this could be looked into it would be great. Otherwise the tag is going to become as much of a pain as C.Water did. Same logic could be applied to C.Water as well if that's not any more difficult.
He got the

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:33 am

@PacificMorrowind:

Thanks for responding. The version of Oblivion I am running is 1.2.041. As for the status of my non-corrupted saves, no, Bash does not give the same error for them. They load just fine, until later during the playthrough when I try to save them.

@DarklyDreaming

Thanks for responding. With this information, I can understand the problem a little better, but, like you, my understanding of Python is limited. As for the size of my uncorrupted and corrupted saves, they reach a range from 10 MB to 12 MB. I know it may look like the saves are bloated, but as far as Bash is concerned, they are not. I removed the bloating and reset the Abomb counter from my good saves and still the progress I make is corrupted after any type of save. Not only that, but the bloat from the saves seemed marginal; an 11.8 MB save was only reduced to 11.3 MB after the bloat was removed.
Paul Rice

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 am

08 _Real_Lights.esp

Is this is orginial version of real Lights if so This is most likely the culprit of you save game bloating

So upgrade to version that comes with All Natural that can be used standalone..
Michelle Chau

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:37 am

@Corepc

Really? There was a version of Real Lights that was part of All Natural? Wow, I had no idea.... If that was the case, I should have just got that as my weather enhancer.... Thank you for the input, and yes, it is the original version. I will download All Natural now and test it out. Also, I do not mean to impose, but would you happen to know why this happens with the original as oppopsed to the one in All Natural? Do you believe that this alone can cause CTDs of such catostrophic proportions that I am experiencing?
Ana

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:27 am

@Corepc

Really? There was a version of Real Lights that was part of All Natural? Wow, I had no idea.... If that was the case, I should have just got that as my weather enhancer.... Thank you for the input, and yes, it is the original version. I will download All Natural now and test it out. Also, I do not mean to impose, but would you happen to know why this happens with the original as oppopsed to the one in All Natural? Do you believe that this alone can cause CTDs of such catostrophic proportions that I am experiencing?

Pretty sure is documented in All Natural Readme the problem with original real lights..it used placeatme I believe..I can't remember, too much information stored in this modder head..

But you can use it AN Real LIghts standalone once again with Enhanced Weather that is what I do in one of my config..
Davorah Katz

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:33 am

@Corepc

Ah... So just transfer the lone .esp? I see. Thank you very much, Corepc. I will test this out now and see if this will resolve the issue.
[Bounty][Ben]

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:59 pm

@Corepc

Ah... So just transfer the lone .esp? I see. Thank you very much, Corepc. I will test this out now and see if this will resolve the issue.

you also need to either rename the all natural bsa to all natural real lights or extract the real lights folder from bsa to get it work..

If you want we can discuss that in All natural thread..
Ashley Campos

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:09 pm

you'll also need the All Natural.bsa file and rename it. check AN readme for details.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am

@Corepc and Gekko64

Alright, done. Thank you both for assisting me. Here goes....
An Lor

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 am

@@Ayleid People: Consider it done... in about 1/8th of a second I'll commit that.
Pacific Morrowind

Thanks. Since the new Wrye Bash version is not going to be released soon, I did some research on the net and found the parameter to control this setting:
fEssentialDeathTime
I have set it ti 90 and created a plugin "Essential NPC Death Time.esp". But I noticed he cannot be merged in bashed patch.

Waiting for the new release.
Saul C

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Feature request:

I need to export the following three columns for mods: FormId (ObjectIndex), Name and Value. Currently, export Stats have formId and Value, while export Names have formId and Name. It is of course possible to merge the two with the formId as reference, but it would be much easier if (f.ex.) the Name was included with the export Stats, or a new export function with those values were available.

I've done a new export function (not 100% done... a lot of new code and pushing my understanding of python much greater)... that has that and a bunch of other data (such as iconpath, model path (including female/male/world/body for clot/armo records); pretty much COMPLETE data on in game objects... if you want one with just name, formid, value, type and mod I can easily make you that (like it will take just a few seconds :) ... it is copy, paste, rename a couple things, remove a bunch of code)... if so what do you want it called?
@PacificMorrowind:

Thanks for responding. The version of Oblivion I am running is 1.2.041. As for the status of my non-corrupted saves, no, Bash does not give the same error for them. They load just fine, until later during the playthrough when I try to save them.

rules out my one thought (the unpatched version of Oblivion's formid error where it went beyond the available in game formids after some number of hours)... which leads to my second thought; a bad mod causing a massively bloated segment of something... so I would think that as Corepc suggest it is from real lights... and since placeatme can be used in a non-bloating way and lead missing objects if removed they are not considered bloat by Bash (AFAIK)... hmmm maybe if I'm right there I should make a (potentially dangerous function) to remove placeatmerefs.
Something I'd like to request but realize is probably not an easy thing.

When using the Scripts tag, it would be nice if Bash didn't import a record that hasn't got one applied to it. The best example I can think of off hand is the UOP currently has the Scripts tag. OOO applies the torch script to the Torch02 record. But when building the patch, the script record is overridden anyway. I don't think this should happen if the mod makes no change to the script. It should only import data if the mod actually assigns a change to the record. So if this could be looked into it would be great. Otherwise the tag is going to become as much of a pain as C.Water did. Same logic could be applied to C.Water as well if that's not any more difficult.

seems like a very good idea... scripts is definitely easier to apply that too... I don't yet fully understand any of the cell importer, but I'll see about that too.
@Sealwarrior:
I looked it up in the python file and apparently it's the part where it loads all the TempEffects elements(my knowledge of python is quite limited). As far as I can see it reads a value which is the number of TempEffects and then tries to read the list but the number of TempEffects is too big and read returns an error. I'm not sure what those TempEffects are, effects on the player maybe or maybe something more global, I wish I could tell you. But apparently a mod keeps adding them.

Just out of curiosity, what is the size of your corrupted savegames?

Yeah I don't know what those TempEffects are right now either... thanks for helping explain this... to the best of my pythonic knowlege that is correct.
Pacific Morrowind
Luis Reyma

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:25 am

I have deadly reflex5 installed and in wrye bash after i cleaned it the color under daedly reflex in the load order became a pinkish hue is this a problem or nothing the worry about? Sorry for the post it has been fixed.
JUan Martinez

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:52 am

I just installed v277.

Re: Installers Tab
Checking Skip Voices on a mod has no effect.
All voice files get installed whether you have it checked or not.
I hope this is not something wrong with my system.

I've resorted to creating a Voice folder so installed mods do not show Red instead of green or yelllow.
hannaH

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:04 pm

:banghead: Arg.....:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 5679, in load
num, = ins.unpack('I',4)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bolt.py", line 922, in unpack
return struct.unpack(format,self.read(size))
File "C:\Python25\lib\struct.py", line 87, in unpack
return o.unpack(s)
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

More corruption problems. I was able to get through about 4 days in game after applying the new Real Lights, and then I find I can no longer save again. The above jargon is what Bash relayed after I checked the statistics on the tainted save. And this:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 8730, in Execute
saveFile.load(SubProgress(progress,0,0.8))
MemoryError

.... Was what was relayed after I tried to remove any bloating in the save. The saves after the fix still topped above 10 Mb, close to around 12 Mb. I still have no idea what is causing this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should proceed, or if I should proceed any further?
Emma

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:47 pm

@SealWarrior:
Ok I was looking at your mod list trying to find the culprit and I noticed you got 2 Get Wet esp.
I looked the 2nd one up(the Hexaae) and it's apparently an updated/modified version(you should disable the original one).
Also if you go there: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27739
there is a:
Get Wet Update
3kb
265 downloads
23:30, 31 October 2009
Get Wet Update version if you have probs with bloated saved games

Might be your culprit, might not be but at least disable the first esp and apply the update if not already done :).
Lizs

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion