[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread #34

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

I've done a new export function (not 100% done... a lot of new code and pushing my understanding of python much greater)... that has that and a bunch of other data (such as iconpath, model path (including female/male/world/body for clot/armo records); pretty much COMPLETE data on in game objects... if you want one with just name, formid, value, type and mod I can easily make you that (like it will take just a few seconds :) ... it is copy, paste, rename a couple things, remove a bunch of code)... if so what do you want it called?
It's not difficult for me to prune out unwanted columns, but it is of course even better with an export function that gives me exactly what I need (which is what you list - mod is of course necessary, type is not, but should probably be there for consistency). The reason I need it is that the next version of Enhanced Economy will be able to read text files on the format:
[Mod name]formId, price, <editorId>, <full name>formId, price, <editorId>, <full name>...
(where editorId and full name is optional, but nice to have to read the file). This will make it easy to make files with consistent pricing schemes, and to reprice items from mods like Armamentarium to be consistent with the other weapon/armor prices in your game. So I guess "Export Prices" would be the best name for the function.

Kerri Lee

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:19 am

It's not difficult for me to prune out unwanted columns, but it is of course even better with an export function that gives me exactly what I need (which is what you list - mod is of course necessary, type is not, but should probably be there for consistency). The reason I need it is that the next version of Enhanced Economy will be able to read text files on the format:
[Mod name]formId, price, <editorId>, <full name>formId, price, <editorId>, <full name>...
(where editorId and full name is optional, but nice to have to read the file). This will make it easy to make files with consistent pricing schemes, and to reprice items from mods like Armamentarium to be consistent with the other weapon/armor prices in your game. So I guess "Export Prices" would be the best name for the function.

consider it done!
(@@ Aellis: I don't know why that is no longer working... it used to and I didn't do anything to it... attempting to fix it the last week *growl* why won't you stupid code work *growl*... its on my list of things to fix before next release).

EDIT: Hows this look (three lines from an exported *prices.csv):
"Mod Name","ObjectIndex","Value","Editor Id","Name"
"Ayleid Loot EXtension.esp","0x000804",5,"VCALCommonFork","Lormathiae Fork"
"Ayleid Loot EXtension.esp","0x000808",5,"VCALCommonKnife","Lormathiae Knife"

Should this skip writing the header lines? (those are the one that say "Mod Name", "ObjectIndex" etc.), also what suggested naming scheme do you want it and what extention is best?
Pacifci Morrowind
Lakyn Ellery

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm

It would be great if you could do this with NPC animations - in other words only import the "KFFZ - Animations" and nothing else.

Possible future feature?

definitely possible... so possible in fact that it now exits; the tag is (as in available on release of next version) Actors.Anim.
INAM: yep I'm working on it (as in going to soon...not that it'll take long when I actually sit down and do it)... definitely in 278.
Pacific Morrowind

done... tag is Actors.DeathItem (not INAM since that is not the only record 1/2 named INAM Around)
Pacific Morrowind
christelle047

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 am

You guys rock! :bowdown:
Eve(G)

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Any chance of getting the "Death Item" field from NPCs added as an import option for the bashed patch?

done... tag is Actors.DeathItem (not INAM since that is not the only record 1/2 named INAM Around)
Pacific Morrowind

That means we can import warcry death item into modded creatures of same formid..sweet..

TheNiceOne and PacificMorrowind I do like Export Prices has the name of that option..Large mods in particular this is very useful..arma best expamle with over 2000+ ..

thank you

Edit : just noticed the Npc AI tag in 2.77 thank you for adding that..will report back if that work..
Tiff Clark

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 am

This is kind of embarrasing, but I need help on a very simple issue. I've read the Help-file in Wrye Bash, but I still can't figure out this. How do I update a save after I've installed new mods? I've installed a few, new mods, activated them in WB and sorted them properly with BOSS, but I haven't figured out how to register those new, active mods in my already existing save. They show up when I choose Diff Masters, but I can't see where I can sync them.
Ladymorphine

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:10 pm

This is kind of embarrasing, but I need help on a very simple issue. I've read the Help-file in Wrye Bash, but I still can't figure out this. How do I update a save after I've installed new mods? I've installed a few, new mods, activated them in WB and sorted them properly with BOSS, but I haven't figured out how to register those new, active mods in my already existing save. They show up when I choose Diff Masters, but I can't see where I can sync them.

Under the Saves tab, click in the area on the right hand side marked File. That should bring up an Update Masters popup asking for confirmation. Click OK, then under File, click Save.
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 am

Under the Saves tab, click in the area on the right hand side marked File. That should bring up an Update Masters popup asking for confirmation. Click OK, then under File, click Save.

I've done that, several times, but it doesn't work. The save is first purple, as everything is synced. I go to the Mod-tab, activate the mods I want to add, go back to the Save-tab, click on the File-area, get the Update Master-message, click ok, then Save - and the Save goes from purple to green, and the new mods aren't in the master list for that save.
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:35 pm

How do I update a save after I've installed new mods?

Why would you want to do that? Normally, I mean, as I can see it being useful in certain cases. :unsure:
Dylan Markese

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 am

Because I want to play the mods I just installed on a save I already have.
Frank Firefly

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 am

Because I want to play the mods I just installed on a save I already have.

Yeah, but I mean why don't you just load the save with the new mods? I add mods all the time but I've never used the save update function.
Stephy Beck

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 am

When I load the save, the new mods aren't activated. That is my problem.
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:04 pm

When I load the save, the new mods aren't activated. That is my problem.

Is your game patched to 1.2.0416? Mods made post-1.2.0416 won't work with an unpatched game.
sam smith

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:45 am

Yeah, I got GotY and the UOP. FCOM is running too.
Beast Attire

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:51 am

i have an issue i havent been able to find a solution to and the read me for wrye bash hasnt helped with it, bash starts and works but when i right click on the package button in the installers tab and click open to find the folders it says "C:\Program Files\ Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers refers to a location that is unavailible." theres a bit more on how its missing and the program doesnt seem to have made the folder it needs for that. Any ideas how to help?
Tiffany Holmes

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 am

The save is first purple, as everything is synced.

I go to the Mod-tab, activate the mods I want to add,

go back to the Save-tab, click on the File-area, get the Update Master-message, click ok,

then Save - and the Save goes from purple to green, and the new mods aren't in the master list for that save.

Let Me explain, you are confusing what load master does I believe..

"load master" looks at you current save and load files from it ,

if you add mods to your load order then it become green because your save information has not been updated with new mods you are trying to load..you have to load up game with new mods activated and then save for it be in sync and be purple..

so that is normal bash behavior once again.

Corepc
Kat Ives

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:59 am

when I go to the installer tab in wrye to look at my installed stuff it is blank and I get this error message please help thanks:

m Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 3346, in OnShowPage

self.GetPage(event.GetSelection()).OnShow()

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 2054, in OnShow

if data.refresh(progress,what,self.fullRefresh):

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 10568, in refresh

self.dictFile.load()

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 191, in load

result = bolt.PickleDict.load(self)

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bolt.py", line 808, in load

self.data.update(cPickle.load(ins))

cPickle.BadPickleGet: 0

:brokencomputer:
Nicholas

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:27 pm

when I go to the installer tab in wrye to look at my installed stuff it is blank and I get this error message please help thanks:

m Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 3346, in OnShowPage

self.GetPage(event.GetSelection()).OnShow()

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 2054, in OnShow

if data.refresh(progress,what,self.fullRefresh):

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 10568, in refresh

self.dictFile.load()

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 191, in load

result = bolt.PickleDict.load(self)

File "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bolt.py", line 808, in load

self.data.update(cPickle.load(ins))

cPickle.BadPickleGet: 0

:brokencomputer:

bump sorry
Bek Rideout

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:58 am

I have tried everything by either repairing python and reinstall wreye to get the installer tabel to not show this error message. It still does and it doesn't make any sense when the mods tab is fine please help I don't want to reinstalll thsi entire thing thanks in advanc for any help.
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:33 am

bump sorry

And if some can answer your they will , I do not know what could be causing it I am not the programmer. And only a few people know the code once again so..

you can try reinstalling bash see if that help any,

you could try turn off the installer feature, exit, bash, and then restart bash then turn it back on..

else you will have to wait once again for further assitance..

So please be patient, and do not bump again or make another thread seeking help with same subject. This is a warning, please do not make me report you I will..

Corepc
Spencey!

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:17 am

Edit : just noticed the Npc AI tag in 2.77 thank you for adding that..will report back if that work..

hehe... it won't work... tag exists but the rest doesn't have any linkin to it (not finished coding it and forgot to comment out that one line that defines the tags you can right-click to add to esp/ms.
i have an issue i havent been able to find a solution to and the read me for wrye bash hasnt helped with it, bash starts and works but when i right click on the package button in the installers tab and click open to find the folders it says "C:\Program Files\ Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers refers to a location that is unavailible." theres a bit more on how its missing and the program doesnt seem to have made the folder it needs for that. Any ideas how to help?

hmm check if that folder exists... it should be automatically created;
also confirm that Bash has both read and write access to there - on Vista it won't unless you've changed the default setup of Windows... so best to a) reinstall ob and etc. to a non-program files location or B) turn of UAC/give full permisions to the bethesda folder for your user.
@@goblueman: I'll investigate that... never seen anything like that, I'll try to report back late this evening (ie 11pm PST or so)
Pacific Morrowind
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 am

hehe... it won't work... tag exists but the rest doesn't have any linkin to it (not finished coding it and forgot to comment out that one line that defines the tags you can right-click to add to esp/ms.

hmm check if that folder exists... it should be automatically created;
also confirm that Bash has both read and write access to there - on Vista it won't unless you've changed the default setup of Windows... so best to a) reinstall ob and etc. to a non-program files location or B) turn of UAC/give full permisions to the bethesda folder for your user.
@@goblueman: I'll investigate that... never seen anything like that, I'll try to report back late this evening (ie 11pm PST or so)
Pacific Morrowind

Jake Easom

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:28 pm

thank you, thought it was not function once again, has no aipackage where being imported from mod I tagged it with..

Npcs.Stats is alright right have not checked that yet..
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 am

Is it safe to delete, or will I need, the folder named Wrye Python that I was asked to choose a "temporary location" for? I was give the impression it contains installers only required once for installation, but I'd like to be sure, having never used Bash before.
Trista Jim

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 am

Is it safe to delete, or will I need, the folder named Wrye Python that I was asked to choose a "temporary location" for? I was give the impression it contains installers only required once for installation, but I'd like to be sure, having never used Bash before.

yes that is fine to delete; you are correct that it is only used the once.
(and Corepc: NPC.Stats is the same actually... hate it when I forget to comment out a line like that)
Pacific Morrowind
Hairul Hafis

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion