[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread #34

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 am

I have tried everything by either repairing python and reinstall wreye to get the installer tabel to not show this error message. It still does and it doesn't make any sense when the mods tab is fine please help I don't want to reinstalll thsi entire thing thanks in advanc for any help.

I'm not 100% sure (that pickle code is not 100% clear to me); but I think it will probably reset it if you delete the 4 files in Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash. Of course then Bash will then forget what is installed and what isn't but that is quick to refresh by just selecting install missing on any prior installed packages.
Pacific Morrowind
Eibe Novy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:23 pm

Feature request: Can we get a launch bar icon for Paint.NET?

Default location: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe
James Rhead

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 am

hehe... it won't work... tag exists but the rest doesn't have any linkin to it (not finished coding it and forgot to comment out that one line that defines the tags you can right-click to add to esp/ms.

hmm check if that folder exists... it should be automatically created;
also confirm that Bash has both read and write access to there - on Vista it won't unless you've changed the default setup of Windows... so best to a) reinstall ob and etc. to a non-program files location or B) turn of UAC/give full permisions to the bethesda folder for your user.
@@goblueman: I'll investigate that... never seen anything like that, I'll try to report back late this evening (ie 11pm PST or so)
Pacific Morrowind

I made it so the user has full access to the files in the oblivion program folder but still no luck. I did a search on the system for the files and they werent created at all, there is no bash installer folder on my system

forgot to add, ive already played oblivion for a while and its installed to the program files so i dont realy want to have to reinstall it unless i can move the saves so i dont have to start over
Cathrine Jack

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:25 pm

I made it so the user has full access to the files in the oblivion program folder but still no luck. I did a search on the system for the files and they werent created at all, there is no bash installer folder on my system

Have you tried to remove WB and then re-install it since you gave full access to the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder? If not, it might be worth trying in case the problem started at installation time.
naomi

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:20 am

Have you tried to remove WB and then re-install it since you gave full access to the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder? If not, it might be worth trying in case the problem started at installation time.

did that and no luck, it still didnt make the folder
Monika Fiolek

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:40 pm

did that and no luck, it still didnt make the folder

I presume you are using v277. If so, it might be worth chnaging the INI setting sOblivionMods to point a folder that is external to your program folder (eg sOblivionMods=C:\Wrye Mods). You will need to rename bash_default.ini to bash.ini for this to work. I would also suggest creating the folder you specify. Once you have done this, try and see if WB will initialise this folder with skeleton sub-folders and files.

I don't know if this will help, but it might be worth a try - it is how I have mine setup (although not for the same reasons) on a Windows 7 64-bit system
Ashley Clifft

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 am

(and Corepc: NPC.Stats is the same actually... hate it when I forget to comment out a line like that)
Pacific Morrowind

thught so has well, has none of tie npc stats where getting imported correctly

Will wait until you get them implemented before I start using them.

Keep up the good work the Npc.AI and Stats tag will be very useful for me in particular and making compatiblity plugins thru bash..
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 am

I'm new to Wrye Bash, and am having a hell of a time figuring out how to use Installers (BAIN?).
I wanted to test with Open Cities Classic. Firstly, the Wrye Bash page says to put MODs in "Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers", I assume that means "Oblivion\Data\Bash Installers"? Or where? because after installing Wrye Bash, I have no "Bash Installers" directory. Where does it really go?
Add Meeh

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:17 pm

For mine, it's in C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers

It doesn't go under Oblivion\Data
Taylor Tifany

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:20 am

Remember that you have to go to the Installers tab and confirm the activation of Bash Installers before that directory will be created.
Brian Newman

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:10 am

Ah, I see what happened. I have Oblivion installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Oblivion.
So my Oblivion Mods is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Oblivion Mods
Why have Wrye Bash make the folder there and not inside the Oblivion Directory?
No Name

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 am

I imagine it's there so that the installer packages don't add to the problem of the game bogging itself down looking through all the files in the Oblivion dir. http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?showtopic=941296
Red Bevinz

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:19 pm

So I've put the Open Cities Classic 7z file into the proper Bash Installer's directory. The OCC readme makes it sound like BAIN will take care of the rest. So I right click the OCC listing in Installers but it doesn't actually seem to get installed.
EDIT: Ok, starting to kind of figure it out. Nevermind.
Rex Help

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:25 am

Feature request: Can we get a launch bar icon for Paint.NET?

Default location: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe

adding, perfect details, thanks.
For mine, it's in C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers

It doesn't go under Oblivion\Data

that's pretty much the default; the default (or you can set your own via the ini file) is (only created after you go to the installers tab first time IIRC) /oblivion mods/bash installers - ie if your oblivion installation is C:\program files\bethesda softworks\Oblivion it would be C:\program files\bethesda softworks\oblivion mods\bash installers.
forgot to add, ive already played oblivion for a while and its installed to the program files so i dont realy want to have to reinstall it unless i can move the saves so i dont have to start over

saves are saved outside of isntall location - in my documents/games/oblivion/saves... uninstalling and reinstalling will cuase no harm to them unless you delete them manually (or possibly select the option in the uninstaller IIRC).
EDIT: Ok, starting to kind of figure it out. Nevermind.

just say if you continue to have any difficulties and we'll try to explain it for you.
Rinceoir

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:13 pm

How much of a pain would it be for BAIN subpackages to make use of the empty comments field as a description of the subpackage instead?
anna ley

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Two questions...
  • Probably a dumb question, but why are some merged ESPs black (eg Beautiful_Women_NiceOnly.esp, Colourwheels sixy Female NPCs.esp, Permanent Effects from Quest Items fix.esp)?
    Only discovered this by accident and now I am confused as to which mods I should deactivate to get the plus or dot sign - up until now, I thought I only did this for mods in green.

• I tried the "Import cells" and it seemed to mess up the landscape - is there something I should be aware of before using this feature?
Any guidance will be much appreciated.
Lynne Hinton

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:24 am

Thank for this continuous work on Wrye Bash! Great tool it is.

I'd like to use Wrye bash with the Python 2.6.4, but will it render Wrye Mash useless? Can I still use the later with 2.6.4?

I just asked this question in the Wrye Mash thread but I though it would be more logical if asked here since the passage to 2.6.4 (I guess some Wrye Bash user also use Wrye Mash).

Cheers,

Koldunic
Ice Fire

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Thank for this continuous work on Wrye Bash! Great tool it is.

I'd like to use Wrye bash with the Python 2.6.4, but will it render Wrye Mash useless? Can I still use the later with 2.6.4?

I just asked this question in the Wrye Mash thread but I though it would be more logical if asked here since the passage to 2.6.4 (I guess some Wrye Bash user also use Wrye Mash).

Cheers,

Koldunic

I haven't tested every single function but every function that I have tested has been fine. (speaking of which I'm going to be releasing an update to Mash sometime soon. Also thanks for reminding me about the Mash thread... I'll add it to my watch list.
Pacific Morrowind
Sophie Payne

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 am

I haven't tested every single function but every function that I have tested has been fine. (speaking of which I'm going to be releasing an update to Mash sometime soon. Also thanks for reminding me about the Mash thread... I'll add it to my watch list.
Pacific Morrowind

Wow! Thank you PacificMorrowind! :D
T. tacks Rims

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:27 am

Finally got it to work!!! The program hadnt created the oblivion mods bash installers folder automatically so it wouldnt work. Manually creating those folders fixes it
Eduardo Rosas

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:13 am

Probably a dumb question, but why are some merged ESPs black (eg Beautiful_Women_NiceOnly.esp, Colourwheels sixy Female NPCs.esp, Permanent Effects from Quest Items fix.esp)?
Only discovered this by accident and now I am confused as to which mods I should deactivate to get the plus or dot sign - up until now, I thought I only did this for mods in green.

mergeable (and also with out the NoMerge tag now) are (should anyways) always be green. Imported may be black or green (or blue if an esm ofc). mergeable you should basically always deactivate for the +, dot sign depends on whether the imported section(s) of the esp/m are all that you want/need or not.
I tried the "Import cells" and it seemed to mess up the landscape - is there something I should be aware of before using this feature?
Any guidance will be much appreciated.

hmmm don't know of any reason for it to mess up the landscape -- it does not import landscape heights, only cell settings and water heights (can therefore if mods not tagged right easily mess up water heights)...
@@Mark of Wisdom: okay, glad to hear you got it working for you.
Pacific Morrowind
gary lee

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 am

How much of a pain would it be for BAIN subpackages to make use of the empty comments field as a description of the subpackage instead?

hmm probably doable but where should Bash get the description; a .txt file in the subpackage named subpackageinfo.txt? or what would you prefer? (not to be down on the idea just a question of where Bash should get the info... and very different code depending on that answer... I think I can do this whatever the prefered data source easily enough though).
Pacific Morrowind
Tom

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Well if the modder is using BAIN to build the project, use the comment box to provide the input. Then have it write the contents of the box into some kind of subpackageinfo.txt file for each folder. Then when users go to install it, the information is read from those files and displayed when the subpackage is clicked on. It would be very helpful for quick descriptions of what each subpackage is intended to do.
Kill Bill

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 am

That would be great!

Still repackaging many older mods as I do - I'd like the ability to add those to a text file or wherever they are stored.
Iain Lamb

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:46 am

Well I searched and did not find anyone else reporting this issue.

I've recently had two instances where token rings in mods were made visible, playable and quite valuable.

One was Dungeon Actors have torches the other was the newer enemy actors use powers.

Then it hit me that it was because of the all clothes playable tweak in the bash patch. Changed that and now those tokens are not visible any longer.
M!KkI

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion