[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread No.39

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Just tried out v282 - everything works beautifully - many thanks for all the hard work.

Here are some things I did notice...

• Tron Vwalk.esp still gets a bash tag of Names instead of the BOSS defined Anims and NoMerge
    Workaround: Turn off automatic and manually select the correct tags.
    Observation: Tron and Tron Vwalk are the first two esps in my load order - don't know whether this has anything to do with it.
  • Most, but not all, of the Vwalk esps are *not* purple - even though I believe they all match the criteria for the purple colour.

Suggestion:
I think it would be great if anything you should click to get the "dot", was coloured purple - this would make it really easy to identify what should be clicked and what should be left alone (something I have always done by trial and error :)
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Does anyone know why this is not a valid INI Tweak: The Apply option is greyed out:

Spoiler
[Controls]
fVersion=1.8000
Forward=0048FFFF
Back=004CFFFF
Slide Left=001EFFFF
Slide Right=0020FFFF
Use=00FF00FF
Activate=004EFFFF
Block=003801FF
Cast=002E03FF
Ready Item=002102FF
Crouch/Sneak=0052FFFF
Run=0053FFFF
Always Run=004AFFFF
Auto Move=0010FFFF
Jump=009CFFFF
Toggle POV=0013FFFF
Menu Mode=000FFFFF
Rest=0014FFFF
Quick Menu=003BFFFF
Quick1=0047FFFF
Quick2=0049FFFF
Quick3=004FFFFF
Quick4=0050FFFF
Quick5=0051FFFF
Quick6=000708FF
Quick7=000809FF
Quick8=000EFFFF
QuickSave=00B5FFFF
QuickLoad=0037FFFF
Grab=002C04FF
bInvertYValues=0
fXenonLookXYMult=0.0005
fMouseSensitivity=0.0020
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6
iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2
iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1
fJoystickMoveFBMult=1.0000
fJoystickMoveLRMult=1.0000
iJoystickLookUpDown=6
iJoystickLookLeftRight=3
fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020
fXenonMenuMousixYMult=0.0003
bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=1
bUse Joystick=1
fXenonLookMult=0.0030
fXenonMenuStickSpeedMaxMod=5.0000
iXenonMenuStickSpeedThreshold=20000
iXenonMenuStickThreshold=1000
;Language values: 0-English, 1-German, 2-French, 3-Spanish, 4-Italian
iLanguage=0
SlideLeft=004BFFFF
SlideRight=004DFFFF
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorMinSpeed=1.0000
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorMaxSpeed=15.0000
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorGamma=0.1700
fXenonMenuStickSpeedPlayerRotMod=3000.0000
fXenonMenuDpadRepeatSpeed=300.0000
fXenonMenuStickSpeed=300.0000
iXenonMenuStickDeadZone=15000

Is it something to do with the tweak itself, or is it because I dropped it directly into the INI Tweaks folder, rather than installing it through a BAIN Package?

edit: never mind. It's because the extra "slideleft" and "slideright" aren't created until you manually adjust your controls in the game itself.

New question: Is there an archive of useful "ini edit" files for Wrye Bash? Sound adjustments, light adjustments, and so on?
Nymph

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 am

New question: Is there an archive of useful "ini edit" files for Wrye Bash? Sound adjustments, light adjustments, and so on?

But I can think of a few new ini settings that bash could adjust for people that do not want to manually adjust it themselves..

For RAEVWD

uGridDistantTreeRange (20, 15, 10)
uGridDistantCount (25,20,15)

For Grass (there is ini tweak to lower grass) but how about increase grass distance, the grass end right before fake land is drawn in

fGrassEndDistance=12000.0000
fGrassStartFadeDistance=11000.0000

For Amount of Grass - higher means less

iMinGrassSize=60,80,100,120,140

Sound
iMaxImpactSoundCount=8,16,24,32,48,64, untested 96,128

Something like that
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:18 pm

How about adding the other the INI tweaks to turn of the other two auto save options as well:

bAllowScriptedAutosave=0 <--- Disables autosaves during starter tutorial
bSaveOnInteriorExteriorSwitch=0

I have also asked someone to pull the video presets set by the launcher so that you do not have to keep a copy of the old launcher around. I have not yet done the comparison to get the actual changes, but having those presets available would be nice too, especially since I am not sure that having the old launcher making changes to the patched INI does not mess up the patched INI in a bad way.
Juan Cerda

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:39 pm

[*]Tron Vwalk.esp still gets a bash tag of Names instead of the BOSS defined Anims and NoMerge
Workaround: Turn off automatic and manually select the correct tags.
Observation: Tron and Tron Vwalk are the first two esps in my load order - don't know whether this has anything to do with it.
[*]Most, but not all, of the Vwalk esps are *not* purple - even though I believe they all match the criteria for the purple colour.

I can confirm both of these points.
Lyd

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:54 am

I'm currently working on an updated german de.txt for wrye bash and I'm stumbling about the word "anneal".
Could you tell me, what is exactly meant with this? Or some synonyms?

And there are two untranslatable strings: column headers "Order" and "Files" in the Installers tab list.

Edit: the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons for changing mod description/tags/masters and of savegames can't be translated too.

Best regards,
ThreeD
Brian LeHury

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 2:50 pm

I can confirm both of these points.

What the heck is tron vwalk anyway?
leni

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

What the heck is tron vwalk anyway?

The Sensual Walks patch for "The Underdark - The Realm Of Northdark"
Ross Zombie

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Scrolling. Doesn't surprise me there's still an issue with scrolling, but at least this new bug is fairly minor. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

Re: ini edits. Feel free to PM me with any that you want included in the main Bash download. I do ask that any you send me be ready to drop into the tweaks folder (i.e. do the work yourself, and we'll consider adding it). I'll send it to the other maintainers for a quick review to see if: 1) It works as described in the PM, 2) It doesn't duplicate an existing tweak, and 3) It would appeal to a general audience. If you PM me saying that you want a tweak added, but want us to do the work creating the tweak, I'll channel Wrye's spirit to chomp fingers :bonk:

Re: bash tags. Thanks for the reports. Not my area, but I'm sure PacificMorrowind will appreciate them.

I'm currently working on an updated german de.txt for wrye bash and I'm stumbling about the word "anneal".
Could you tell me, what is exactly meant with this? Or some synonyms?

And there are two untranslatable strings: column headers "Order" and "Files" in the Installers tab list.

Edit: the "Save" and "Cancel" buttons for changing mod description/tags/masters and of savegames can't be translated too.

Best regards,
ThreeD

For Bash, to anneal a package means to "install any missing files and correct any install order errors". Best synonym: Update Installation. Other synonyms that aren't as good: Fix Installation, Correct Installation. If you need more clarification or suggestions, just ask.

As for untranslatable strings, I'll look into it. As I recall, the installers tab isn't set up the same way as the rest in the code, so it may be a little work getting those strings translatable.

If you come across other untranslatable strings, please keep us informed.
Rowena

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks! Now I know, what is meant.

Best regards,
ThreeD
Peetay

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Scrolling is fixed for next release.

Untranslatable strings will take a while. Probably won't get to it for a couple days.
Michael Russ

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:44 am

Woohoo! Thank you so much. The only thing I am waiting on is that readme or doc browser...Then we can leave all of the ReadMes in the packages... :D

Edit: Can plugins be unchecked by default? It is really annoying to try to uncheck all but 10 of 30 MMM optional plugins, especially with the little window jumping down randomly every time you check or uncheck something.
Kayla Oatney

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Im having a problem with bashing voice race records. When using the diverse voice mod I have it tagged for Voice-F and Voice-M, but it never merges those records into the patch. The only other race mod I'm using does not alter these records, nor have the tags for voice records either. It doesnt matter whether the mod is merged or active, it never imports them.
Richard Thompson

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:49 am

Very minor comment - the Version number on the Nexus dowload page is still showing 281 rather than 282.
christelle047

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Edit: Can plugins be unchecked by default? It is really annoying to try to uncheck all but 10 of 30 MMM optional plugins, especially with the little window jumping down randomly every time you check or uncheck something.
A Bain Converter File can include pre-checked plugins and packages, but I don't know of any other way of doing it.

I have previously suggested the addition of a third pane in the install section so that the left pane shows subpackages, the middle pane shows the files in the currently selected subpackage and the right pane shows all the selected files from all the subpackages. That way you would only be filtering through the contents of one subpackage at a time when selecting your files, and would have a list of selected files that isn't cluttered by non-selected ones.
Robert Jackson

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 8:41 pm

A Bain Converter File can include pre-checked plugins and packages, but I don't know of any other way of doing it.

I have previously suggested the addition of a third pane in the install section so that the left pane shows subpackages, the middle pane shows the files in the currently selected subpackage and the right pane shows all the selected files from all the subpackages. That way you would only be filtering through the contents of one subpackage at a time when selecting your files, and would have a list of selected files that isn't cluttered by non-selected ones.

That would be Sweet...AS for what i do now is go thru ONE subpackage at a time ,Select what i want.UNtick..go to next Sub..When all sub packages are to my liking then i just tic all and Install...Pain but funtional. The Extra Pane would be nice tho.

Edit: New Version Rocks! Fast as all get out. Purple Oblivion is gone, AND for the first time in a long time, never lost Focus!!

Edit:
That looked bad .. to me the focus thing was just a cosmetic thing. when it would lose focus , it really doesn't, it just don't Show ME what its doing...lol Clicking Header on window always brought it back. so even tho i had reported this in the past it always worked.
Tyrel

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:16 am

Overall, I would still prefer that the default state was unchecked. In the mods that have 30 plugin option, you usually do not select even half of them. I think it would reduce mistakes on the non-reading users part because they would actually have to check the wrong setup, instead of having to remember to fix (or get rid of) it.
Alexis Estrada

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:49 am

For Bash, to anneal a package means to "install any missing files and correct any install order errors". Best synonym: Update Installation. Other synonyms that aren't as good: Fix Installation, Correct Installation. If you need more clarification or suggestions, just ask.

I was thinking more like 'Repair' kinda like windows add/remove programs.
Tiffany Carter

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:10 am

hello friends im experiencing troubles with wrye bash 282 every time that i open wrye bash a little window appears with thsi message
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 3712, in RefreshData
bosh.modInfos.rescanMergeable(scanList,progress)
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 8055, in rescanMergeable
canMerge = PatchFile.modIsMergeable(modInfo) == True
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13704, in modIsMergeable
if 'NoMerge' in modInfos[GPath(modInfo.name.s)].getBashTags(): reasons += "\n. Has 'NoMerge' tag."
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 7288, in getBashTags
tags = self.getRow().get('bashTags')
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

when i try to rebuild patch

File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 8427, in Execute
unfiltered = [x for x in bosh.modInfos.ordered if 'Filter' in bosh.modInfos[x].getBashTags()]
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 7288, in getBashTags

any ideas=??
Naughty not Nice

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Does v279 work for you?
Holli Dillon

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:26 am

Waruddar or PM - I'm getting an error when Exporting Item Data from Cobl
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Games\Oblivion Mods\Programs\Bash Development\Mopy\basher.py", line 8900, in Execute    itemStats.writeToText(textPath)  File "C:\Games\Oblivion Mods\Programs\Bash Development\Mopy\bosh.py", line 12450, in writeToText    tempstats.append(self.model[longid])KeyError: (bolt.Path('Cobl Main.esm'), 9750)

It seems to be choking on the light's editorID. It correctly writes out all items ALCH through INGR and for the first light
"Type","Mod Name","ObjectIndex","Editor Id","Name","Weight","Value","Duration","Icon Path","Model"
"LIGH","Cobl Main.esm","0x002616",

The light does have an EditorID (cobTiBCMushroom64) so I guess that's not the issue.

The error occurs both on the latest SVN and v279, so I guess it's been around a while.
Laura Samson

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:59 pm

The error occurs both on the latest SVN and v279, so I guess it's been around a while.

I get the same error when I export item data has well on Cobl,
also tried a few other esp has well export item data, all would give same error message, it does complete the csv file,

Using 2.82 once again.
Alba Casas

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:54 am

hello friends im experiencing troubles with wrye bash 282 every time that i open wrye bash a little window appears with thsi message
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 3712, in RefreshData
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 8055, in rescanMergeable
File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13704, in modIsMergeable
if 'NoMerge' in modInfos[GPath(modInfo.name.s)].getBashTags(): reasons += "\n. Has 'NoMerge' tag."

File "C:\Archivos de programa\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 8427, in Execute
unfiltered = [x for x in bosh.modInfos.ordered if 'Filter' in bosh.modInfos[x].getBashTags()]

any ideas=??

I get that when one of the files is in use by another program
Suzy Santana

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Woohoo! Thank you so much. The only thing I am waiting on is that readme or doc browser...Then we can leave all of the ReadMes in the packages... :D

A doc browser of some sort will come, just not for awhile.

For the plugins, I assume you mean on the Install tab under Esp/m Filter when a Sub-Package is checked?
Im having a problem with bashing voice race records. When using the diverse voice mod I have it tagged for Voice-F and Voice-M, but it never merges those records into the patch. The only other race mod I'm using does not alter these records, nor have the tags for voice records either. It doesnt matter whether the mod is merged or active, it never imports them.

Shouldn't it only merge those records if there IS a conflict?

Very minor comment - the Version number on the Nexus dowload page is still showing 281 rather than 282.

Fixed. Thanks!

I was thinking more like 'Repair' kinda like windows add/remove programs.

Yeah, that is probably better.

any ideas=??

You goofed up installing 282, and it is still using bosh.py (and probably other files as well) from 281. Re-install 282.

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Games\Oblivion Mods\Programs\Bash Development\Mopy\basher.py", line 8900, in Execute    itemStats.writeToText(textPath)  File "C:\Games\Oblivion Mods\Programs\Bash Development\Mopy\bosh.py", line 12450, in writeToText    tempstats.append(self.model[longid])KeyError: (bolt.Path('Cobl Main.esm'), 9750)

It seems to be choking on the light's editorID. It correctly writes out all items ALCH through INGR and for the first light

The light does have an EditorID (cobTiBCMushroom64) so I guess that's not the issue.

Will look into it.

For the immediate future, I'm going to concentrate on bug fixes and not add new features. My agenda for today is to fix the untranslatable strings and this export error.
Robert Jr

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:24 am

For the immediate future, I'm going to concentrate on bug fixes and not add new features. My agenda for today is to fix the untranslatable strings and this export error.

I love this statment.
Lizbeth Ruiz

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion