[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread No.39

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Download: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368 or https://sourceforge.net/projects/oblivionworks/files
Readme: http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html (at time slightly outdated... most up to date readme in the download - the file named Wrye Bash.html in the mopy folder)
Wrye Bash Wiki: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Wrye_Bash
Screenshots: http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_01.png, http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_02.png, http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_03.png, http://wryemusings.com/images/WryeBash_05.png
Previous Topic: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1084996-relz-wrye-bash-thread-%2338//
Requirements
Python 2.5.4 and wxpython 2.8.7.1 ansi (the old "official" setup) - if using this best to just download the installer package from http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368
or
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.4/python-2.6.4.msi, http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython2.8-win32-ansi-2.8.10.1-py26.exe, http://pypi.python.org/pypi/comtypes/0.6.1, http://www.voidspace.org.uk/downloads/psyco-1.6.win32-py2.6.zip, and http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=78018. (the newer stuff so should be faster, needed for newer versions of Blender/Nifscripts/PyFFI, tested as working well other than one bug to be fixed)

Wrye Bash has a lot of features. I mean a LOT. It's like twenty tools rolled into one. It includes as subfeatures the entire feature sets of other tools, and offers plenty of other features that no other mod tool has. Except installation. It's the "everything but installation" tool! Now with installation too!

Bain
* Install/uninstall mods from zip, 7z, archives, etc. No OMODs required!

Bashed Patchers
* Configure and build a custom patch mod to...
* Merge leveled lists
* Merge TNR faces over other changes to npcs
* Merge race eye/hair/body/voice changes over other changes to races
* Tweak clothes: Show amulets with robes, zero weight rings and amulets, etc.
* Tweak misc. GMST settings.

Repair/Edit Stuff
* Repair animation bug (various animations freezing)
* Repair hair bug (game ctds when viewing race menu after removing a hair mod)
* Remove spells from spell list
* Rename created spells, enchanted items
* Remove bloating (one use of this reduced a 158 Mb savegame to 2.5 Mb)
* Import NPC levels into an existing savegame (essential when switching to/from OOO, Frans, etc.)
* Import PC face from other savegame or any mod (e.g., import any of TNR's faces into game)
* Easily generate html readmes using wiki-like syntax.

Mod, Savegame, Screenshot Management
* Auto-Ghost mods to reduce espm thrashing.
* Launch Oblivion and TESCS (with or without OBSE).
* Mod, save, screenshot file management. (Rename, duplicate, etc.)
* Save Profiles: Have different sets of saves for different npcs with different loadlists, etc.
* Screenshots: View, delete, batch rename, open, etc.
* Readme Browser: Quickly view readme of currently selected mod.
* Quick/Autoswap between SI and pre-SI versions of Oblivion.esm.

Installation: First time installation is still a little difficult, but later updates are easy (just unzip latest version into Oblivion directory). However, for first time installation you have to preinstall two other packages and then (sometimes) tweak a shortcut. You can't just download and press the pretty buttons -- you have to follow the readme instructions. If you have followed the instructions and still have problems, post the bugdump. If you've havent followed the instructions and whine that it won't work without posting the bugdump, Wrye will bite your fingers off (it's a monkey thing). Otherwise he's quite helpful.

Linking: If you'd like to link to Bash from somewhere else, please do! But be sure to link to either Wrye Musings or the Bash Readme. Don't link to the actual Bash zip file, since that changes fairly frequently.

You should add a few more things to that list, Wrye. Almost none of the items from my list of the most compelling features in Wrye Bash are on your list:

For everyone:
* Accurately and quickly managing your load order (correctly sorts ESMs)
* Locking your load order (so updated mods automatically load in the exact same spot as the old version)
* Checking your load list for problems (missing mod dependencies)
* Checking savegames against load list and syncing load list to savegame
* Cleaning bloated savegames
* Archive Invalidation (now supports BSA-alteration BSA-redirection method)
* Replacers (install/remove texture replacement mods -- really any mod, too)
* Change master entry in savegame (to avoid losing items, quest progress, etc. when the name of a mod has changed)

For mod-makers:
* Add a master to a plugin (for mod de-isolation)
* Change master entry in plugin (for mod de-isolation)
* Locking your load order (so changes you make don't move the plugin to the end of your load list)
* Savegame profiles (so you can easily test with only your mod active, then easily switch back to playing with all your mods active)

Latest Version:
=== 282 [08/04/2010] [Waruddar,PacificMorrowind,Metallicow,Lojack]* bug fixes:  * fix for AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'  * fix for when wrong color was occasionally used  * fixed various icons and launchers (reported by Metallicow)  * minor fix for List Structure. It wasn't disabled properly when multiple installers were selected.  * fix for bug causing archives to fail to 'Unpack to Project' and to apply BCF's, also caused the archive to show up in the list of skipped files.  * minor improvements to the BAIN wizards.  * fix for UI not refreshing on installer renames  * fix for renaming installer projects  * fix for renamed installers not retaining installed state  * fix for Ctrl-Up/Down on installer tab not scrolling* Ctrl-A (select all) support added for all tabs except People.* Updated readme to reflect that the installer tab uses navy blue as a text color and not blue like the mods tab does* Cleaned out some old test code

and just to repeat some links and news:
Wrye4Fallout3.
TheLORDofDOOM of has taken on making a FO3 version... and here's the first little bit of it (not all translated to account for FO3 but it's showing promise). And another, a bit further along, by Valda called http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1079607-relz-garybash/.

and a bit more news:
There is now a listserve for the svn and bug/request/patch/support trackers; if you want to get emails whenever changes to those items happen just join over https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/oblivionworks-committers. You can also use it for support requests/questions if you desire.
zoe

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:12 am

Edit: I've had enough testers, thanks! It's looking good.
Anna Krzyzanowska

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:25 am

Guinea pig application sent! :P For what it's worth, I think the problems are coming from an interaction w/ the new Python stuff, as opposed to something wrong w/ WryeBash. Been using Wrye181 until I stopped playing a few months ago. Then I upgraded from Python25 to 26, and bam! All kinds of weirdness. Hope you get this figured out :)
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Tried to reinstall 280, I get this message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\MyGames\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4478, in Execute
patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))
File "C:\MyGames\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13872, in buildPatch
patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
File "C:\MyGames\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 19178, in buildPatch
defaultEyes[race.fid] = [race.eyes[0]]
TypeError: 'set' object does not support indexing

I get this when I install 280 archive as stand alone or paste it over 275 selfinstaller... now what? I can't run Wrye bash at all?
rolanda h

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm

That error is fixed in v281.
Destinyscharm

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Sent Blade Of Mercy a link to the pre-release. So far the reports show that it works.
Dean

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Works smoothly, now will have to play 15-30 minutes and will report for performance (knowing the Wrye standards expect top performance :D )
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Tried the fix version.

No errors on starting, no purple Oblivion.esm. Built bashed patch, no errors.

Shut down, added new ESP file, restarted, no errors. Used Boss, rebuilt bashed patch, no errors (this is where it went downhill last time).

Installers tab, no errors, unchecked an ESP (and bashed patch), no errors. Added and removed bash tag to UOP, no errors.

Boring report, but I think a good one.
Crystal Birch

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:14 am

It may be boring, but I like it :celebration:
Nicole Elocin

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:06 pm

I haven't read though the last few pages, so sorry if this has been requested

On the next version would it be possible for add a quick launch button for DarklyDreamings great Land Magic program?

Oh, and so far 281 seems to be running smooth here as well.
Britta Gronkowski

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:18 am

Continuing my clean install of uFCOM, I've had a similarly flawless experience rebuilding the patch after every 2 or 3 new esps. I do have one question for you, was unable to find anything in the documents. Under 'NPC Tweaker', what are the various skeleton adjustments for? And do they have anything to do w/ MMM Resized Races in the Race Records category?
Matthew Barrows

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Me too. Now, for my question:

I am working on the BAIN package explanation page, but I cannot remember some of the tiny details. One package type is confusing me.

1) The Slof's Dremora Textures package contains to folders: "Yellow" and "Red." They both contain different version of all of the same files. This package is valid.

2) CM Partners mod converted into a bashed patch without ordering numbers, example: "Main" "Oblivion only OBSE" "Oblivion only no-OBSE" .... This package is not valid, if I remember correctly.

What is the difference here? Package #1 has overlapping files, completely overlapping files in the subpackages, but BAIN is fine with it. Take another package with plugins that overlap and BAIN freaks without the "00" and "01."
Jonathan Egan

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:00 pm

"converted into a bashed patch"
I assume you meant converted into a BAIN package?
Dean

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Rebuilt Patch, checked mods:
Purple color for the esp of Real Walk 2.7 and all esps from Sensual Walk 4.8.
Oh, and book jackets DLC esp
Cool Man Sam

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Do they have NoMerge tags? I would assume so. The purple is fine in that case.

Edit: BookJacketDLC is probably tagged with "ImportGraphics" and "NoMerge."
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:15 am

That sounds correct, Blade Of Mercy. The purple text indicates that the mod could be merged if it wasn't tagged with NoMerge. I imagine those mods are tagged with both NoMerge and Actors.Anims so that the animations are imported into the patch.
Hazel Sian ogden

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:34 am

What is the difference here? Package #1 has overlapping files, completely overlapping files in the subpackages, but BAIN is fine with it. Take another package with plugins that overlap and BAIN freaks without the "00" and "01."
The 00 and 01 determines file priority in terms of overwriting. Without them, the program probably doesn't know what priority the packages have.

What's the structure of the two BAIN packages? Can you post them?
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Just as I listed.

Slof's Packages has the "Red" and "Yellow" folders at the top level, and they each contain the "Textures" folder (and the proper file structure to install the Dremora textures.)

The CM Mod has the sound files (the "Sound" folder) and the default ESM and ESP in the "Main" folder. The rest of the folders only have plugins that replace the main plugins (depending on the presence of OBSE, SI, etc.) and those extra companions plugins. Of the extra companions plugins, there is a set of essential versions and nonessential version. I threw each set into a different folder. Basically, there are a bunch of overlapping plugins (and the "Main" folder also has voice files.) That is about it. Of course, I have since repackaged it so that it works. Sometimes, I just get confused as to why BAIN only sometimes needs the number prepended when files overlap amongst the subpackages.

Edit: I do not have access to my computer...
Quick Draw III

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:07 am

Priority of the packages are supposed to be determined by their alphabetical order. The numbers are used to manually control the priorities, but shouldn't strictly be needed.
Kat Ives

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm

That is what I thought, but I also thought that that did not work on occasion. Well, I have access to my computer now, and if I come across anymore such packages I will ask immediately.

Thank you for the replies!
- Tomlong75210
Eddie Howe

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Please do. I like getting rid of bugs.
suniti

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:13 am

First, thanks for keeping such a great tool updated. Now, I just got the new 281 version installed and I'm having some difficulty getting it to work properly. I just installed the Hemingwey's Capes mod and for some reason (maybe it's any new plug-in), Bash started throwing errors upon opening it up. Bug dump as follows:

File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 3712, in RefreshData
bosh.modInfos.rescanMergeable(scanList,progress)
File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 8055, in rescanMergeable
canMerge = PatchFile.modIsMergeable(modInfo) == True
File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13704, in modIsMergeable
if 'NoMerge' in modInfos[GPath(modInfo.name.s)].getBashTags(): reasons += "\n. Has 'NoMerge' tag."
File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 7288, in getBashTags
tags = self.getRow().get('bashTags')
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

I don't know what the NoMerge tag has to do with this as neither .esp file in the mod is tagged with NoMerge.

I also get a second error whenever I click on one of the new .esps in the mod list frame. Bug dump for that:

File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 1355, in OnItemSelected
self.details.SetFile(modName)
File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 1467, in SetFile
tagsStr = '\n'.join(sorted(modInfo.getBashTags()))
File "C:\Users\Public\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 7288, in getBashTags
tags = self.getRow().get('bashTags')
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

Now I can't rebuild the bashed patch because it throws one of these errors upon clicking Rebuild Patch... on the context menu. Any troubleshooting advice would be great. Thanks!
Kathryn Medows

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 pm

It is fixed for 282. Which should be released within a day or two, depending on when PacificMorrowind checks his PM's :whisper:
Jessica Lloyd

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Warrudar, is this right?

Subpackages are installed numerically and then alphabetically (0 to 9 then A to Z). For example:
package (0, 15, C, 7, A) is installed in the order 0 > 7 > 15 > A > C (with C installed last, getting the final override)
April D. F

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I probably should have dug up the previous thread to check for that particular error, sorry. Looking forward to the next release, then!
Nicole Kraus

Next

Return to IV - Oblivion