[RELZ/BETA] Wrye Morph

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:29 am

Wrye you are a genius

:D
Talitha Kukk

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:17 pm

HOLY ____!
This is amazing. I totally requested this exact mod like 100 times before and no one could ever do it.
*But i'm trying to force myself to play without mods. i promised i wouldn't use more than 5 mods to keep game stable!*
*gives up and tries to install*
thank. you. lol.
P.S can you be the emperor? So he wont die? Like go back to the outside the prison, and just completely kill the main quest? lol
Soph

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 11:48 am

Well, I'm not the first. Breeze582000 put together Succubi mods first. But RL has delayed it from completion/release. (Thanks again to him for permission to proceed with this.)

Re Emperor: Keep in mind the difference between mechanism and quests. Even if you did doppelgang the emperor, that of course wouldn't change all of the quests associated with everything that follows his death. E.g. biggie: Kvatch is still a smoking ruin. Fixing all that sort of stuff would be a mod in itself.

http://wrye.ufrealms.net/Wrye%20Morph.html
Still pretty complicated, but at least a lot more coherently written then before.
Tamika Jett

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:50 am

Bump. Coolest thing since ice cubes were invented. Keep it in play, folks!
Alexandra walker

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:53 pm

I installed everything in the setup section. Turned on BashMon and start with OBSE. When I load a saved game nothing happens. No spells added no errors. Nothing. -_-

I am pretty sure I have the latest official patch but I don't have SI installed on this computer. Could that cause the mod not to work?
Trent Theriot

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Spike: in console:
show wrMorz.state
show wrmorz.init

If you have an alternate start mod that might be confusing the code that tests for you exiting the sewers.
Matthew Warren

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 am

Spike: in console:
show wrMorz.state
show wrmorz.init

If you have an alternate start mod that might be confusing the code that tests for you exiting the sewers.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/Spike4072/WoW/wrMorzConsole.jpg

All the other mods I have are just a race mod and some outfit mods. So no altstart stuff.
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Correction:
show wrMorz.stateshow wrmorz.initialized

Amber Hubbard

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:58 pm

They both return 0
Rachel Tyson

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 am

My brain is fried already and I haven't even tried it yet. :P

*Kneels before the Simian Modding God*.
Matt Bee

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:26 am

Spike: initialized == 0 indicates that the initialization part of the main script hasn't run yet. Since you haven't gotten any error messages and since you have state == 0, it seems that the main scripts hasn't run. The only reason that would happen AFAIK is because the MQ01 is not yet far enough along.

You have exited the sewers right? Cobl Morph won't start until after you get the "The red arrow on your compass shows the direction of Weynon Priory. You can walk there by following your compass, or use your world map to travel there directly. Or you can set off in any direction and begin exploring the world on your own. Good luck!" message.

You can also check for this by typing "getStage MQ01" in the console. It should return a number >= 90.

Kee in mind that if you're using some premade quicksave, IT may have been made with some alternate start method that breaks the main quest.

If that's the case, simplest thing to do might be "setStage MQ01 90" Though I won't guarantee that doing this won't break something else. (Probably not, but :shrug:)
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 2:31 pm

I made a new character and played all the way the way to Kavach or what ever that city is called. Still nothing. :shrug:

getStage MQ01 said it is on stage 130

Hmm the unofficial patch edits MQ01 I think. Could that mess it up?
OJY

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Yay for Bash Oblivion.esm switching! Made this easy to test... But, bad news your you...

No it won't work if you don't have Shivering Isles installed. I don't know why. I'll add it to my "Maybe Later" list to check it out further. Meanwhile... Yet another reason to get SI. :)
N3T4

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Ah ok. I have SI but have been playing on my laptop because my main computer is broken. I guess I will just have to install SI on my Laptop then :D
Thanks for the help :)
Nany Smith

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 8:40 am

fascinating!?? :goodjob: ??????..... in spite of your hyper manic tone? :shocking: ?
Genocidal Cry

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:36 am

Yay for Bash Oblivion.esm switching! Made this easy to test... But, bad news your you...

No it won't work if you don't have Shivering Isles installed. I don't know why. I'll add it to my "Maybe Later" list to check it out further. Meanwhile... Yet another reason to get SI. :)

I think I know what the problem is. I'll see if I can fix it, but I'm kind of busy ATM.
Terry

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 am

New Version: X6-18
Note: This version requires Cobl version 1.32 (just released). Remember, you can just get the patch version (about 1/10 of the full download).

Shivering Isles Not Required: I think. That's part of what the Cobl update did.

Wrye Morph Keys: This is a small auxiliary mod that keys a number of doors so that you can gain entrance after doppelganging. Far from complete. But it's a start. If someone wants to extend it, feel free.

Shape Token Changes
* Can disable teleport for specific shapes. Allows you to detach a shape from it's home base.
* Can teleport to shape at any time. Now doppelgangs really are recall points!
* Current location of doppelgangs is shown in menu. (Useful since they tend to move around.)
Avril Churchill

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Just tested it with out SI. It all works great :goodjob:

This is a very fun mod :D

*edit* Well Archiving Equipment doesn't seem to work but everything else does.
Adrian Morales

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:18 am

Just tested it with out SI. It all works great :goodjob:

This is a very fun mod :D

Glad to hear it... I'm kind of surprised that more people haven't tried this. Granted advanced warnings apply, but there's enough folks who already have most of pieces in play and it is pretty cool. :)

I finally got a little more time to play it last night before getting distracted with cell fog and various tweaks -- I was just going around picking out some folks to use as doppelgang/recall points. The game opens up a little bit -- you end up visiting homes, basemants, guard towers, castles that you didn't visit before. And with the location info, you can see where original npcs are hanging out. (It's the doppelganging buddy list! :lol:)

Archiving Equipment: If it's scripted, it won't be archived. E.g. the amazon armor in OOO is all scripted to make it unwearable by men. So, once you get it the first time, it won't be shifted off you.
James Shaw

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:58 am

None of my stuff shifted. Then I couldn't move because I had all my stuff plus all the NPCs stuff on me. :shrug:

I didn't really notice it until I changed into a really weak NPC.
james kite

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 pm

None of my stuff shifted. Then I couldn't move because I had all my stuff plus all the NPCs stuff on me. :shrug:

I didn't really notice it until I changed into a really weak NPC.

Hmm... Should be working. To clarify:
1) Only the stuff you currently have equipped will be archived.
2) That stuff will only be archived if it's (a) non-quest item, and (b ) not scripted. A simple test is to doppelgang some plain shopkeepers (who usually are wearning vanilla clothes). Then shift back and forth and see if the items are being archived.
3) There's a setting that controls morphing equipment. You can set it in the Options Menu (misc inventory, click on options then on Wrye Morph). However, equipment morphing is on by default so that shouldn't be a problem.
4) some npcs carry a bunch of extra stuff. E.g. the towns folks from crowded cities. And guards typically carry a set of street clothes in addition to their armor, so that stuff will pile up after a while.
James Potter

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 am

Okay, last bump.
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:06 pm

What a cool ability :). Too Bad the NPC"s don't have it :(.
Imagines.
HOLY ****!
lol. this would totally be the best mod of all time if the npc's could do this. Everyone dopplegang's each other, and you get doppleganged too! lolz
Albert Wesker

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I just tried this out, and it's one of the coolest scripting jobs I've seen.

One bug report though: bolt.py needs to import the 'time' library or it dies when calling Path.touch. It's really a bug in bash, but this mod deserves a good bump. I'll re-report in the main thread if it looks like you missed this.
Charlotte X

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks Ian! Of course, this wouldn't be possible without OBSE, or OBSE plugins! So, thanks again!

Re time: That will be fixed in next Bash release (maybe late tonight). For those who don't want to wait until then, to make the fix:

open bolt.py in a text edtitor. Near the top you'll see a bunch of import statements. Add a new line like so:
import sysimport time #--NEW LINEfrom types import *

Save changes to bolt.py, then restart bash (and bashmon).
Makenna Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion