Capes and Multiplayer

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 pm

I don't get why people don't want multiplayer.

it should be a sort of coop not with more than 10 players max or even a possible pvp type of sort. and OPTIONAL not necessary but a awesome feature for the game.
jaideep singh

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:09 am

I voted yes, but not for a standard "multiplayerheylet'skilleachother"-mode. If multiplayer is implented, which it most likely isn't, I would like it to be in the shape of a CO-OP mode.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

I don't see how you would implement co-op in TES. It's an open world game, so I'm assuming either player can go and do their own thing. In that case, it would cause lots of situations of how someone completely messed up the game for another. Co-op only works with linear games, where both players have the same goal.
Soph

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Only thing I like would be capes (wings? wtf?)

Cloaks would be great to have, and thats it from your ideas.
Sista Sila

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:36 am

The only online that I could really get behind is allowing people access to either their own world or a shared world they can rampage in with a friend or two. That would be the ideal way of doing it, but I'd rather just have a working game.

As for capes, I couldn't really care. I got the capes mod in Oblivion and thought it looked stupid. Not the mod, just wearing a cape in general.
glot

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Any single player game with a multiplayer component has noticeable problems. Scaling encounters for multiple players means they would have to design EVERY battle 2-3-4 different ways based on the number of people. Unless you want something half-assed it will take them 4x the work to produce the same content. I have only played Oblivion, but I can say that they should work on making the single player combat more enjoyable because I felt it was rather bland compared to almost every current RPG. I would not mind if they make a game designed specifically for co-op or whatever, but adding it to a single-player oriented game is not a good thing. I think forcing multi-player into games makes people like me pay more for less content and for the sake of my wallet I would rather get more bang for my buck. :P
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:21 am

Capes are cool. I had the All Capes, Cloaks, Gloves mod and stuff liek that should be in game in vanilla. NO TO MULTIPLAYER, pure and simply, RPGs, or atleast the ones I play - TES, FO, ME, DA, Witcher etc - are games that I feel would be ruined due to multiplayer or online or whatever. I wouldn't mind a side project, but not into the game itself.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 pm

I personally do not mind if they add multiplayer in Skyrim, but I really want capes to be included.
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 pm

In my opinion, the multiplayer environment is HORRIBLE for roleplaying, because a good amount of the people who are into multiplayer do not want to roleplay, or have no idea what roleplaying is, and you'd be a complete fool to let your guard down around them. Every multiplayer online game I've ever played has been dominated by adolescents (literally and figuratively) who will spawn kill you for no reason, or hunt you, unless you play their game and hunt them back, and make them wish they'd never messed with you. Or they bully you when you're a low level. Why the hell would I want to play TES around that kind of person? In real life, they'd be quiet as a mouse around you, but on the other end of a Belden cable, suddenly they find their balls. I'm sorry, keep your passive-aggressive multiplayer "phenomenon". I'm not all that impressed with it.
Philip Rua

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:59 am

Now that I think of it, the gaming community, or at least this issue is like many politics. It's the "we don't want it, therefore everyone else can't have it" attitude... It won't affect the no-sayers in any way, yet they say no... I'd like co-op but not a full blown multiplayer, so I can play with my little brother.
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:11 pm

Perhaps release the component itself as a separate add on so it would not effect game-play in anyway unless you download it.
Thoughts?
Logan Greenwood

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Pass on multi-player

Pass on the capes, but imagine all the ground you could cover in the land of mountains! (Look, up in the sky...is it a bird? a plane? NO! It's, it's Tarheil's brother.... :rolleyes: :)
Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm

I see some people defending the Multi idea, but there is one thing we need to keep in mind: no matter how implemanted, it WILL hurt singleplayer. In bigger detail: Bethesda, as the company, has limited resources and time to put into making the game (not to mention disc space), so every single code used for multiplayer purposes will take something away from singleplayer. In the end, we might get a good single with bad multi, bad single with good multi or ok single with ok multi, INSTEAD of just superb single, and this portion of the game is what TES series are all about. I wouldnt mind if they throwed in some co-op option as an expansion some time after the games release, but right now I want them to just put everything they got into singkeplayer. I also hate to see this game becoming more ,,apealing'' to the masses, this only downgrades the game as whole, I actually want them to make it deeper, more suited for hardcoe TES and RPG fans alike instead of casual crowd. I know they wouldnt make creazy money then, but I want to play a GOOD game, not an overglorified one (like MW2.......).

I think you shouldn't doubt what beth can do. Limited resources...I think they have done well the last several years, if they wanted to have co-op, and maintain the same brilliant single player they could.

If you want to argue for just single player I think your better off finding a different argument.
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I would really like to have multi-player. You see, I actually have friends who are also in to this series. It would be quite nice if we could share our passion for the game around a bowl full of Lime Tostitos and a tankard of Mt. Dew, swearing loudly and fighting back-to-back as we're overtaken by a horde of Goblins...

Besides, there is nothing on the market that is quite like what an "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim multiplayer" would be.
Marine x

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

I would really like to have multi-player. You see, I actually have friends who are also in to this series. It would be quite nice if we could share our passion for the game around a bowl full of Lime Tostitos and a tankard of Mt. Dew, swearing loudly and fighting back-to-back as we're overtaken by a horde of Goblins...

Besides, there is nothing on the market that is quite like what an "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim multiplayer" would be.

thats called Halo firefight mode or Guidlwars or WoW not TES there are plenty of other games to get that fix, and to say "i actually have friends" is pretty rude man everyone else on this forum is a normal person just like you dont be a jerk because your anonymous
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:18 pm

I think you shouldn't doubt what beth can do. Limited resources...I think they have done well the last several years, if they wanted to have co-op, and maintain the same brilliant single player they could.

If you want to argue for just single player I think your better off finding a different argument.

I completly agree with this. I also understand why people are worried about the inclusion multiplayer ruining single player to an extent, the feeling of immersion is what is so special about The Elder Scrolls. I think that if anyone could pull of co-op while keeping the intimate feel of Elder Scroll's single player it's Bethesda. I have no doubt MP will be in a Elder Scrolls game eventually. If it's Skyrim, great. If its not, doesn't matter.

If Skyrim has co-op I think the best way of doing it is inviting other players into your game world. You and them could work together or go your seperate ways. Once that person leaves any changes they have made on your world reverts. Eg. kills NPC's. Any items they loot in your game could not be traded (obviously could be exploited). Just my insignificant opinion.
ruCkii

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 am

thats called Halo firefight mode or Guidlwars or WoW not TES there are plenty of other games to get that fix, and to say "i actually have friends" is pretty rude man everyone else on this forum is a normal person just like you dont be a jerk because your anonymous

There is a huge difference between limited multiplayer and MMORPG style multiplayer.

Whether it could work I don't know, but some of my fondest memories are of playing Secret of Mana, a multiplayer RPG.

I agree the "I have friends" thing was going too far though.
Jeffrey Lawson

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:02 am

I like the idea of a wholly seperate multiplayer game. TES Online or some such. But I don't want TES V to be multiplayer.

If multiplayer is done right, it could be a lot of fun. to be done right, it would have to have seperate servers for PvE and PvP, so people who don't want to be ganked can do PvE and people who relish sudden attacks from players can have their fun, too.

Dungeons should be instanced, and it should be easy for people to find groups. WoW's dungeon finder works quite well for this.

I think a Mortals vs. Daedra model allowing playable Daedra would be outstanding.

Roleplaying servers should be available, and roleplaying should be enfored. You can do whatever you want otherwise, but on an RP server I don't want to see 'Martinseptim' 'Daaedraaslayer' or 'Dagonnn' running around on an RP server.

Also, while free to play is awesome in theory, you run into the issue of someone having better gear than you do because he can afford to shell out 25.00 for extra goodies and/or content. I would prefer a subscription fee with all content being available.

A lot of people's bad opinions of online play is the result of:

A few idiots runing it for the rest. Bad apples and all.

Poor game model (Ultima Online and Meridian, I'm looking at you. Whoever came up with PvPers can steal your gear and you lose your stuff upon dying should be shot)

Obstruse or overly difficult magic systems or crafting systems (*cough* Runescape)

Quests like 'Bring me 20 bear bums!' o you kill twenty bears, and maybe 2 bums drop, which is annoying because they obviously have them :P Mind, those quests can't be avoided altogether, but they should try to make sense.

No one MMORPG is perfect, some do it better than others or are just more fun despite the flaws. I think Bethesda could do it well if they avoid most of the crap that makes for poor MMOs that isn't player-caused.
james tait

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:02 pm

regardless, if Bethesda hasnt put it in by now it wont be in at all, by most if not all dev cycles they are in crunch time smashing bugs, play testing... polishing if you will. multi-player is leather in or out and this discussion isn't going to change that
City Swagga

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Co-op would be a nice unlock after completing the main quest because I feel like having two players would ruin the epic experience of the main quest. However a team deathmatch style multiplayer would be very dull, as the best part of TES is the adventure. Also only put in co-op if it can be finely polished by the release date.
Hella Beast

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 pm

I don't know why every one has to assume that multi-player means mmo. mmo's are terrible in my opinion, they rarely have any form of roleplaying.

What I desire is a first person RPG like TES games, that I can play on a LAN server with my wife and brothers. I want that party experiance in my favorite form of RPG. I HATE thirdperson "click on the badguy to auto-attack" type games.
I want the immersion of first person direct control over my character.

Now if a TES game was able to offer that I would be quite happy, however I know Beth isn't likely to do such a thing with the mainstream TES games, if they made a multiplayer TES game however, I would prefer it to be a local server type thing, and NOT an mmo
Mark

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Wondered when the multiplayer threads wound start showing. I would like co-op. Yes I know it "will never happen" (or many of you will at least say this).

As far as capes/cloaks go, I would be VERY surprised if Bethesda doesn't take the hint from the Oblivion and Morrowind mod scene and doesn't include that item slot.

Hey stew, you used to run Frostreavers for Mortal Online right?
Joey Bel

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:04 pm

I would love to have multiplayer in Skyrim, but they need to concentrate on the main game
WYatt REed

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 am

why is it called Capes AND Muliplayer when I can only vote for multiplayer?
Crystal Birch

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Hey guys! First off let me start by saying that my heart stopped when I read the announcement of Skyrim on UESP :) But enough of that let's get to the point. I think it would be cool to add in capes and wings? Like you can make capes with leather, you can buy crappy capes from shops but if you do quests you get like magic capes?

And my second point, personally, I've been playing Elder Scrolls series ever since Morrowind came out and I have been fine with the lack of multiplayer. We don't need multiplayer in Skyrim. I am sure many true fans of the series will agree with me.

I disagree Multiplayer would be great! I live with my family and alot of people as we know play games just for the multiplayer and they sell ALOT of copys just for that reason. I have been a fan ever since Morrowind as well it doesnt have to be a massive multiplayer but I think the rules of the map with the things you kill should be like Everquest! I would defenitly buy more than one copy of this game if it had multiplayer due to the fact that I like to play with my family. I think it would best played like red dead redemption and Everquest!
teeny

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim