Capes and Multiplayer

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm

nope no need and it doesnt fit the genre very well in general it always feels forced, FF doesnt have it nether should a beth game it just detracts from the experience and dev time, and to be honest guys with release less than a year away and going gold less then 8 months, unless they have already done multilayer it wont happen
Tyler F

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:27 am

Add co-op. Time to evolve. How long can you make an ES game without new innovations. I understand people don't like change but change is necessary.
Sarah Evason

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

see i dont think it is, no big RPG series have it its not something that fits the Genre, FF, mass effect, TES,etc... non of them have it Fable is hardly and rpg anymore and two worlds was a joke so yeah....
roxanna matoorah

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23 am

Why would you guys veto the option of multiplayer? A lot of us would really love to play multiplayer, if you don't want multiplayer, then play by yourself. Why can't you just let those who actually want a multiplayer function in the game have one available? You think that with today's technology, they can't make the game as good if they add in a multiplayer option? I've been wanting to play the elder scrolls multiplayer since I first got Morrowind, and now Bethesda is finally considering the idea. I really hope they add in mutiplayer, why should I have to pop in Halo to play with my friends when I can play with them on Skyrim?

The reason those of us who don't want multiplayer are saying so is because it will effect our game-play experience whether we play with it on or not, there will be some quests we can't do because they require it or something similar, no matter how you incorporate it into the game everyone who doesn't want it will miss out on something whether it be loot, mass amounts of gold, or the experience of a great quest.

That being the reason why I would recommend an online availability for the Arena, without Ranking or anything just go in to fight other peoples characters all we would miss out on is a small amount of betting gold. Then those who want multyplayer have it in a sense and those who don't can ignore it with minimal loss of game play.
Miguel

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:07 pm

see i dont think it is, no big RPG series have it its not something that fits the Genre, FF, mass effect, TES,etc... non of them have it Fable is hardly and rpg anymore and two worlds was a joke so yeah....

Final Fantasy has an online game.

Mass Effect has been rumored to have online for a year now.

If Bioware comes out with a game like that, especially ME3 and it has co-op or multiplay 11 days before ES.

Well then expect lackluster sales for TES.

This is 2010. I understand the die hard fans and the older generation's feelings towards multiplayer experiences but hey, like I said its 2010.

My uncle who is now 45 has played 1 game franchise. The Elder Scrolls Series. I BS you not. And you know what he says to me when I tell him about Skyrim? "Are you finally going to be able to play it with me Dan?"
Rachell Katherine

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:55 pm

I would like to be able to play it with one other player and just meet up with them on occasion, like two adventurers.
Stace

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:49 pm

My uncle who is now 45 has played 1 game franchise. The Elder Scrolls Series. I BS you not. And you know what he says to me when I tell him about Skyrim? "Are you finally going to be able to play it with me Dan?"

Touching but not enough for me to change my mind.
NeverStopThe

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:13 pm

putting time and rescources into multiplayer would likely detract from the quality of the single player. in any case not all games are suitible for a multiplayer facdet and rpgs are one of those i think as everyone role plays i ntheir own way and to different degrees.
in addition the last thing i want to hear while in the mindset of a character i'm roleplaying is "LOLZ n00 y r u usign taht ietm??? LoL it svckz liek yuu Sukc!!11!11 lmaololrolf"
it would break the immersion a little.
LADONA

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Touching but not enough for me to change my mind.

It's not about changing your mind. It's about the fact that if the Elder Scrolls series is withering away slowly. It has to change to survive.

How long can they sell off this "Epic Singleplayer Experience" to the hardcoe and older generation? Especially in this economic world? If they want to survive as a business and keep making games people love they have to give in to what the masses want, a Multiplayer Experience.
brian adkins

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:27 pm

:D Yep your walking down the road and you hear a voice come from the patch of bushes to your right mumbling "hehehe....noob."

It is not fact that the ES is dying so don't say that look around there have been at least 15 responses to this topic and 25 others within the past 15 minutes not to mention the 10 in Oblivion's topics, the ES universe is very much alive and is in need of nothing but another good single player game.
leigh stewart

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Hmm... suppose the Multiplayer was like Diablo's...
Josh Lozier

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 pm

It's not about changing your mind. It's about the fact that if the Elder Scrolls series is withering away slowly. It has to change to survive.

How long can they sell off this "Epic Singleplayer Experience" to the hardcoe and older generation? Especially in this economic world? If they want to survive as a business and keep making games people love they have to give in to what the masses want, a Multiplayer Experience.

As long as there is a market for it big enough to support it? Fallout:3 did well, FO:NV did very well and I suspect this will do very well too. :shrug:
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:36 am

Add co-op. Time to evolve. How long can you make an ES game without new innovations. I understand people don't like change but change is necessary.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.Besides there are very few RPG's out there that have MP,its for a reason.
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:00 am

There are just some games i want to play alone and this is one of them. There are plenty of other muliplayer games out there and i'll play those with my mates whenever i feel like it.

This.
Spoiler
Except the i'll play those with my mates-part. I have no friends :sadvaultboy:

Capes would be pretty neat, but they are such a hassle to make. I can live without them.
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Why would you guys veto the option of multiplayer? A lot of us would really love to play multiplayer, if you don't want multiplayer, then play by yourself. Why can't you just let those who actually want a multiplayer function in the game have one available? You think that with today's technology, they can't make the game as good if they add in a multiplayer option? I've been wanting to play the elder scrolls multiplayer since I first got Morrowind, and now Bethesda is finally considering the idea. I really hope they add in mutiplayer, why should I have to pop in Halo to play with my friends when I can play with them on Skyrim?

I think it part a lot of people may be worried that multiplayer would take away resources from the single player aspect of the game. Indeed it may do just that considering there are lots of other resources that also take up disc space. If it weren't for these limitations I'd say go for it but when it comes at the cost of jeopardizing single player aspects I am wholly against the idea of multiplayer. However, that would not likely be the case and could quite possibly severely limit the single player aspect.
Charlotte X

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:20 pm

I support your argument Sandman Dan! co-op doesn't have to change the single player experience, bethesda isn't some small little company, they could easily accommodate co-op into the full Elder Scrolls experience, if they wanted.
Chica Cheve

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 am

Am I the only one that keeps thinking of Edna Mode from The Incredibles barking "NO CAPES!" when I see the title of this thread.

:D

Ok, just me then.
Amy Gibson

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Why are ppl so against co-op. i mean i agree i dont want a mmo, but i want to share one of the most epic experiences with some of my closet friends and who dont want that?
Brad Johnson

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm

As long as there is a market for it big enough to support it? Fallout:3 did well, FO:NV did very well and I suspect this will do very well too. :shrug:

They did well enough yeah. And lets say you love that news and love that franchise. Would you not like another game? Sure you would. Now lets add to the lore a little here, epic story about becoming a hero there, some new areas here and a few items there.

Hey we got a fantasy role playing game!

Wait I got this crazy idea. I bet we can make millions off of it. Lets be the first AAA developer to make the game we know people love, but add online capabilities.

I mean that's the next logical step right? If not that then either motion tech or 3d and I'm not even going to think about that in my Elder Scrolls game just yet.
Jerry Cox

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Bethesda has other franchises that they can make money with. should they wish to it is possible that they could compensate any loses on the TES series with profits from other fanchises and series.
in any case TES games have done consistantly well without multiplayer and there is no real reason to change that
Etta Hargrave

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:58 pm

The reason those of us who don't want multiplayer are saying so is because it will effect our game-play experience whether we play with it on or not, there will be some quests we can't do because they require it or something similar, no matter how you incorporate it into the game everyone who doesn't want it will miss out on something whether it be loot, mass amounts of gold, or the experience of a great quest.

That being the reason why I would recommend an online availability for the Arena, without Ranking or anything just go in to fight other peoples characters all we would miss out on is a small amount of betting gold. Then those who want multyplayer have it in a sense and those who don't can ignore it with minimal loss of game play.

Not if the multiplayer is an online versus arena mode. It would just be plain fun. It would not impact the base game in the slightest.
Stay-C

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Co-op, but completely as an expansion in a different territory completely outside of the main game.

Your friend would have to have the game, and it would take awhile for the two of you to link up, as you'd have to download all his details. No doing single player quests with two people..
Danny Blight

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 am

They did well enough yeah. And lets say you love that news and love that franchise. Would you not like another game? Sure you would. Now lets add to the lore a little here, epic story about becoming a hero there, some new areas here and a few items there.

Hey we got a fantasy role playing game!

Wait I got this crazy idea. I bet we can make millions off of it. Lets be the first AAA developer to make the game we know people love, but add online capabilities.

I mean that's the next logical step right? If not that then either motion tech or 3d and I'm not even going to think about that in my Elder Scrolls game just yet.

i wouldn't say it was the next logical step at all. a possible step ceertainly but not the next logical one. TES has always been about the single player experience and this is not something that can be done in a pultiplayer enviroment.
christelle047

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:02 am

Bethesda has other franchises that they can make money with. should they wish to it is possible that they could compensate any loses on the TES series with profits from other fanchises and series.
in any case TES games have done consistantly well without multiplayer and there is no real reason to change that

Your right in some cases. But the market is on casual and muliplayer gamers.

I guess it boils down to what I've been saying.

Would you rather have what you want and have Elder Scrolls games never give experiences to different generations/gamers or would you have the Elder Scrolls game take a chance and end up back where it is now if it was un-successful or advance for the better?

They have to start with some game, I say why not this one. That's my argument.
Jay Baby

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:55 pm

I think online multiplayer is a great way for the game to change without being removed from the original intent. I mean, you will still be able to play single player. But if you have a list of other people playing on line, and they're doing the same quest as you, why not team up? Maybe you play a warrior and your friend is an archer. Maybe two people can tackle a quest that would be too much for one person of the same level.
Amy Melissa

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim