Capes and Multiplayer

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 pm

I wouldn't mind LAN style multiplayer to appear in TESV. Multiplayer doesn't necessarily imply MMOG.
e.Double

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:29 pm

As far as multiplayer goes I don't think i would enjoy it being added to an Elder Scrolls title, but capes and cloaks i would have no problem with mainly because of the fantasy style and design would allow for it.
Quick Draw

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:07 pm

I would really like to have multi-player. You see, I actually have friends who are also in to this series. It would be quite nice if we could share our passion for the game around a bowl full of Lime Tostitos and a tankard of Mt. Dew, swearing loudly and fighting back-to-back as we're overtaken by a horde of Goblins...

Besides, there is nothing on the market that is quite like what an "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim multiplayer" would be.

Hmm I have friends, who actually showed me the series, and I do not want Multiplayer. So explain to me how that works. Ohhh wait.
Poetic Vice

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Like I said before, in other threads (before the announcement)
I would really enjoy running around with a friend or two, maybe dueling? Trading items? Gambling with eachother? By 'gambling' I mean either in duels, or in some kind of games inside the game (fastest lockpick contest, races, ect.) Where at the start of the challenge, both players bet an item or two, maybe more, and as long as the value of the bets are within 10% of eachother, then the winner takes all. If you dont like it, that's fine. Don't use it. I would be happy with a DLC for multiplayer, though I would honestly prefer NOT to pay for it lol.

As long as the single player story has the same awesomeness it SHOULD have, and i'm expecting, then I don't see why there shouldn't be a multiplayer. Other than the fact it hasn't been done in a ES game yet.

And I have a few friends who, for some random reason, just can't seem to play single player games. But if it has Co-op their up for it lol.

edit: lol, completely forgot, it wasn't in the poll!
I would like to see capes, as long as their not made out of iron. No wings.
And by 'made out of iron' I mean those stiff capes that dont look... Normal. If capes are added, they really need to flow. Similar to Assassin's creed, how Altair/Ezio's clothing have a 'flow' about them. (move left, the robe flows left, then move right, it jerks to the right.)
Kyra

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 am

to say "i actually have friends" is pretty rude man everyone else on this forum is a normal person just like you dont be a jerk because your anonymous

...I don't think he meant it like that.
John Moore

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:57 pm

A cloak of invisibility (constant effect) would be awesome.
lucy chadwick

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:05 am

...I don't think he meant it like that.

Besides you can make friends (meet one of my best friends in a mutiplayer game) network with others and join like minded individuals. Not to metion word of mouth would get alot of people to play if Mutiplayer was in skyrim!
Stryke Force

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:03 am

Capes/Cloaks: Awesome

Multiplayer: Hell to the yea... oh wait, that would be a terrible thing. Please just make a great single player experience.
cassy

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:17 pm

You for got the capes and cloaks pole part.
Jaylene Brower

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Alot of people are afraid of multiplayer cause they will some how lose out in multiplayer by loot, kills or something if you ever played Everquest everthing respawns and some people camp. But theres different severs or if you dont want to play multiplayer play single player! I know the true fans are on the fourms but alot of people are fans but never get on cause they dont know how or they are busy or somthing else. I have played since morrowind I never got on the fourms until I heard about skyrim from a friend (that is a fan) but isnt part of the fourms. I believe most of the people that are here talking about a non-multiplayer game for skyrim are used to the elder scrolls being that way. But I am here to stand for everyone that dont voice their opinions for the game and for the dozens of other people that are multiplayer gamers. Im not a selfish gamer I think about others (not just fan based gamers) who go on the fourms. At least a patch for the game to have multiplayer! I WOULD BUY IT!
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

No to multiplayer. Not every game as to be mutiplayer/co-op and TES is one of those which can live without. The time and effort put into developing effective and worthwhile multiplayer would take away too much time from the development of the singeplayer game.
Sheila Reyes

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:28 am

No to multiplayer. Not every game as to be mutiplayer/co-op and TES is one of those which can live without. The time and effort put into developing effective and worthwhile multiplayer would take away too much time from the development of the singeplayer game.

I dont know how it would just system link/online and make things respawn what is it taking from single player? If you ever played a MMO? you probably be saying something different...Look at fable? red dead redemption....it doesnt need to be a MMO type game just 8 people max or something would work...
Campbell

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:00 pm

"M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk."
Heather Dawson

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:26 pm

. At least a patch for the game to have multiplayer! I WOULD BUY IT!

You can't just patch in multiplayer.

Multiplayer isn't needed in a game that offers 100's of hours of gameplay with out it.

And Red Dead multiplayer got painfully boring after a few weeks, and I even had people to play with (we had a huge forum group)we tried everything. Fable multiplayer wasn't too interesting either.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:49 pm

"M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk."

Thank you. :D
Loane

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:16 am

*sigh* Same old business. I love how players who are content love to tell other players what they do and do not require.

Co-op would be WONDERFUL in Skyrim and future Elderscrolls, specifically because the games are so long and so epic. Epics often involve companions, and if you have friends or relatives who would be willing to play along with you in a local co-op game, as a great many of us do, the experience of the game can be immeasurably heightened by co-op play. It is a bonding social experience, and greatly enhances game immersion in many instances. It is foolish talk to suggest that it would somehow make the game less epic. The only real objections would be in the game capacity department, but as engines become more and more powerful, that argument is obselete. The couch co-op in fable III is nigh unto perfect. Does that game have other shortcomings? Yes, but they are some of the same shortcomings it had in earlier installments. It is a larger game, with larger regions and a near perfected local co-op. If Elder Scrolls can keep all the vastness and quests that it has had in prior installments, as well as expanding upon guilds and the like, while adding co-op, then drop in drop out couch co-op would be one of the most amazing features they could add for the millions who would utilize and deeply enjoy that feature. For those who would not enjoy it. . . . close the door to your room, unplug your second controller if you ever bothered to buy one, enter singleplayer mode and mind your own business as you please. Now this game probably won't even have co-op, but if it did, it would be a win for many and a loss for none so long as it maintained all the other trademark features of the series.
Umpyre Records

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:26 am

Optional Co-Op I could live with. Sometimes the world does feel a bit lonely, but for when I want to play alone I will.

Capes are fine too.
Lucky Girl

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 pm

NOOO multiplayer! bethesda will never do that to those wonderfull RPGs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Co-op is essential in this game. Whoever states otherwise are noobs keep getting pwned in 1v1 games.
Laura Mclean

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Co-op is essential in this game. Whoever states otherwise are noobs keep getting pwned in 1v1 games.

I really hope you're joking...
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:57 pm

You want to play on your own? fine no one argues with that. to each's own. but at least let me have fun with my brother, doing the quests together,taking out the bosses... adding co-op mode won't interfere with single player...
Flash

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:10 pm

You want to play on your own? fine no one argues with that. to each's own. but at least let me have fun with my brother, doing the quests together,taking out the bosses... adding co-op mode won't interfere with single player...

I meant the "noobs keep getting pwned in 1v1 games"...c'mon COD talk in TES forums?! :P

Besides I don't want multiplayer in any way, I respect your opinion and understand why you would want it, but I do not want it because I don't feel great RPGs such as TES need co-op.
RaeAnne

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm

I meant the "noobs keep getting pwned in 1v1 games"...c'mon COD talk in TES forums?! :P.

This.
And I still don't think we need any form of multiplayer. Even adding co-op would require alot of coding and recoding, I'd rather they put their manpower in other departments, mainly combat :)
Danny Warner

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:44 pm

The only way I would support mutiplayer is if you start a character with the other player and those two characters are forever in the same save file. No coming into a friends game with your level 50 while he's level 1. Multiplayer also wouldn't work if they did level scaling again. It would also bring up issues with guild levels and such, so my answer is no with a very specific scenario where I would support it that I doubt they could pull off.
James Baldwin

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:11 pm

I vote 'no' for multiplayer, but I would love to be able to swagger round Skyrim in a cape. Bring back gloves too, and being able to wear robes over a shirt. Give us more clothing slots to play with really.
Penny Flame

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim