Capes and Multiplayer

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:48 pm

There will never be any hint of multiplayer in any Bethesda game, period (no co-op, no deathmatch, no arena, nothing). Shortly after the release of Oblivion, Bethesda specifically stated that they would never implement such a feature into their games. Part of what makes TES so special is that everyone's experience is different and unique. This is because Bethesda focuses all their time, effort, and resources into making the greatest, most quality single player experience one can imagine. By having to worry about a multiplayer feature, it would only hinder the standards and detail of the single experience, which is the focus. Bethesda believes this is the main reason so many other developers typical come out with cookie-cutter, generic games, because they focus on a multiplayer aspect and it harms the single player experience in the process. However, that is my ZeniMax Online was formed to create which Bethesda will never do, online games (specifically MMORPGs). More than likely their first MMORPG is based in the realm of TES (they have been working on the MMO for quite some time now).

Also capes are a great idea!
Causon-Chambers

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 am

Disregard this post.
Robert Devlin

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am

NO! NO! NO multiplayer!
and... YES to capes!
meghan lock

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Hmm.. I think a co-op mode would be very enjoyable. Take on the world with a ally, or maybe if your reputations differ greatly, be sent to kill him for a great amount of funds.

As for a cloak. I would REALLY love cloaks, HOWEVER, they can NOT look like http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070624044007/wowwiki/images/thumb/9/9c/Shadow-Cloak_of_Dalaran.jpg/180px-Shadow-Cloak_of_Dalaran.jpg

Maybe something more along the lines of http://blogs.setonhill.edu/Batman/Batman%20watching%20over%20the%20city.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/170/5/e/Twilight_Princess_Ganondorf_by_kacfrog711.jpg
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:11 am

Where's my arena-based multiplayer dueling, Bethesda?! You've teased me for too long!

:P
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Maybe we could have a storefront or something similar. Something where players could buy other players items that have been put up for sale. Not nesecarilly multiplayer, but could be a cool feature.
Honey Suckle

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:40 pm

NO Multiplayer.

Capes....yeah I can deal with that
Charles Weber

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:27 am

The Elder Scrolls series doesn't need a multiplayer component. The games are entertaining as it is. Oftentimes MP is added to a game to mask the fact its linear with a slim storyline and they're hoping being able to "play with your friends" will hide it. There are more than enough games like that (not to mention MMOs), we ought to be able to continue enjoying the Elder Scrolls without it.
Lucky Girl

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:40 am

No multiplayer. However, a Co-Op mode would be interesting.
Janine Rose

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Do I think Multiplayer will happen?

No

would it be cool to travel the world with a few friends if they did it properly

yes

do I want capes

yes :P
Celestine Stardust

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Capes.. yes
Multiplayer... no. (I don't care if they implement multiplayer.. I just won't be playing it if they do.)
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 am

multiplayer:

Only if it's optional, doesn't take away resources from single player, and there is no exclusive content for multiplayer (ie multiplayer and single player should be the same except that one play is with two or more players playing together at once)

Capes:

Yes. Let's see how much the new game engine can handle :)

Wings:

What am I a bird? I don't think wings are necessary unless they add some bird race in.
Erin S

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:29 am

This:
This:
Copied from another post of mine, so may not make sense here

Multiplayer

Multiplayer may be okay, but only with two players, at least if they are in the same region. If you could have one party member in town, another in a dungeon, one walking to said dungeon, and one off doing something else, I guess it would be okay to have four members, but TES is meant to be a singleplayer experience.

Regular Multiplayer Dungeons

If they did add multiplayer in this fashion, I think they should do it like this: When you join a multiplayer game, the players will receive the same amount of loot that they would offline. This would be done by generating what would normally be your treasure for you, person B's treasure, person C's treasure, and person D's treasure all on the same loot object. If an enemy would normally drop a weapon or an item, during multiplayer, A. they would either drop the amount that would equal the number of players that each player could only pick up one of, B. drop the one for the host and everyone else gains theirs from the body, C. it is all on the body, or D. all loot is added to a loot bag at the beginning of the dungeon for players to pick up before leaving. In dungeon where you enter and exit in different places, the loot will appear near the intended exit if following D. Rare items such as boss drops would be either A. dropped like I described above or B. put out in a system similar to in WoW, where the players roll for loot, select need, select Greed, etc. If they party is full of unevenly leveled characters, those three levels above or below the average do not receive Boss loot. This would make it so that powerful characters don't get the loot and sell it, and to make sure that weaker characters don't get overpowered weapons early on. The Boss loot would be chosen from a list for the average level of the players and those who can apply get to roll, etc. for loot.

Raids

When doing dungeon Raids etc. they could make it available for more players to play through this idea: You are given the quest for a raid. You walk into an online inn. In this inn, you wait at a table assigned for a specific Raid. If you want to play with your friends only, you can rent a table from the innkeep, who then puts up a private sign with the raid leader's name on the sign as well as any notes and possibly a title such as the dungeon. When you rent the table, you decide the party size, the dungeon, permissions, level requirements, and anything else that may prove to be useful. The leader can change these settings at any time by selecting the sign and choosing change options. Renting a table takes a fair amount of money. You can rent tables for a certain amount of time, for example: 30 min. 1 hr., 2 hr. etc. NOTE: the length of table renting affects the time that people can join the Raid, not the length of the Raid. If someone is disconnected during a raid, they will appear to teleport out. You do not leave a Raid by going offline, you must be online and leave the raid via the dungeons settings. This way, if you get disconnected, but reconnect, you reappear in the dungeon. Rather than coming back in at the same location, you can select one of the following choices
A. Back to where I was
B. Go to safe location (located throughout raid dungeons)
C. Go to raid leader
D. Go to party leader
Note on parties: Parties can be any size that the party leader chooses. You do not need permission from the Raid leader to join a party. If you want to join a Private Raid, you must go to the sign, and press the button for ask permission. Another way to gain access to the table would be to get invited from the Raid Leader or someone with permission to invite. People can join in the middle of the Raid, but only with permission from the Raid Leader, as long as the raid table is open.
Guests can join: When a player joins a game, a guest can join and choose one of the following options for making a character
A.) Duplicate player (duplicate the Non-Guest player and tints everything on them slightly)
B.) Quick Character (similar to Fable II Co-op character creation)
C.) Character creation (Character generation, at least the part where you decide your looks, clothing choice (given a long list of clothing sets to choose, mixing and matching is possible) Class, birthsign, extras)
D.) Duplicate character from storage device
E.) Choose setup from storage device
NOTE on stats, armor, weapons, magic, items, and looting for guests: When a character is duplicated, these are all the same as with the duplicated character. When a character is generated, they are at the Non-guest's level and can choose equipment from a list of items. Generated guests cannot choose unique/magical items unless they gain them as a guest. Generated stats and skills depend on the character level, the class they choose or create, and a few other things. guests' loot works like normal characters' loot. You can save a guest's setup and give it a name so that your guest can join you in later Raids with ease.
Normal characters' loot works like in non-Raid online dungeons. The number of enemies in a dungeon and the difficulty depend on the number of people in it at the given time. When a player joins a raid, it gets slightly harder.
You don't have to rent a table, After you have completed a Raid at least three times you can buy a table in your own personal inn downstairs. You use the door to the room to decide Who's room you want to enter, (By default it is your own) who can enter your room, and a few other options such as customizing the room. You can buy a table for each Raid if you so choose and decorate your room for your guild, faction, or whatever you want to call it.

Regular Multiplayer

Back to normal multiplayer: The people who join the host's game may do anything they want, and it will affect their game, not the host's game. Sometimes you can find out about a quest from another player, but not all quests work like this. You can exchange quests as you like, as long as the quests have the setting checked in the CS of TES 5. There should also be a large variety of multiplayer only quests. When one player recieves a multiplayer only quest, everyone in the group is notified and given the quest. Trading will be strictly controlled. When you pick up a leveled item, it is given a level in parentheses after the name, which only appears in this or other multiplayer modes. You cannot recieve anything in a trade with a number 3 levels or higher above you. You can give away anything that you have and the other player can receive that is a leveled item. You CANNOT give away unique/quest items. You CANNOT give away custom enchanted items. There must actually be somewhat of a trade. If someone wants to just give you a 9000 Gold value weapon, you must pay them in items, gold, etc., but only a 1/4 of it's cost. If the item costs more than 10000 Gold, you only have to pay 2500 worth. You don't have to be exact, though you do need to be between 1/4 and 5/4 the cost. If you go over 5/4, the other person must pay you in items. You can also give gold, but you must receive between 1/4 and 5/4 it's value from the other player. If a place becomes visually different, inaccessible, accessible, or some change that allows more or less playability in an area occurs for one player, but not the others, the world changes to the way the Host's world is. HOWEVER, if one player has a key (counts as unique) such as to the arcane university, but the host does not, the player may enter the place and it will not affect the Host's world.
Other multiplayer could include arenas, faction vs. faction battles, and a variety of other gametypes. Online arenas would be accessed by going to an arena going into one team's bloodworks/training room and asking the gamemaster to allow you to set up a custom match, random match, or choose a type of match that is common.

Custom Arena

In custom matches you can decide a large multitude of options such as:
Number of participants: _ VS _ Allows you to decide between 1-20 on both sides
Average level: _VS_ Allows you to choose between 1-255 on both sides
Specific levels: OPTIONAL If you want exactly certain level enemies or allies a number of _ will appear when you select this option. For example, at 5VS7 you can decide _ _ _ _ _ VS _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
Additional enemies/allies: OPTIONAL_ _VS_ _ Allows you to pick from 1-30 on first boxes. Once first boxes have been selected, the second boxes appear. Second boxes allow you to pick what type of enemies; Think Halo: reach Firefight, but much more. You can have anything from 3 (1 bandit-random, 1 bandit-bowman, 1 bandit-warlock) VS 5 (1 Rodent-random, 1 giant-rat, 1 bear, 2 mountain-lions) to 20 (20 bandit-random) VS 10 (10 minotaurs).
Additional enemy/ally equipment: OPTIONAL You can decide what each has. This can be general such as: Silver armor and weapons, complex, such as: silver helm with enchanted fire protection, silver cuirass with enchanted reflect weapons, Silver Gauntlets with strength enchantment, silver boots with speed enchantment, silver greaves with frost protection enchantment, silver longsword with Fire damage, silver bow with ice damage, 3 health potions, 1 scroll of summon Dremora, and 33 silver arrows of lightning damage.
Environmental changes: You can add crates, barrels, moveable walls, etc. to the battlefield, add immovable objects and water/lava, traps and pitfalls, and other things as well. You edit this via an overhead camera of the arena.
Other options: Turn on/off respawning(mages teleport you to a safe area and heal you, explaining that they saved you right before you died, and that you had only blacked out, if you had your limbs cut off, they explain that it was repaired), turn on/off score, set conditions to win, additionals respawn on/off, turn on.off time limit and set it. Player equipment on/off
Gametype: You can slaughter each other in Classic arena(teams), slaughter eachother in Free-for-All (Splits up all teams you have made so far), capture the flag, king of the hill, and a number of other types that Bethesda could make.
SAVE GAMEMODE: Allows you to save your custom gametype to a storage device (similar to in halo)
Play: When offline or playing with a few friends (1-4 players), it commences automatically. When playing online it may take a LONG time to NEVER depending on how random your mode is, If you only changed one or two settings, it may not take long at all. You can cancel it. When done loading the guy will tell you to go up to the arena, and you do so via a short cut-scene like thing. When you arrive at the gates, the announcer is already done and he says Lower the gates!

Random Match

When you are in random match mode, new matches appear continuously after eachother unless you decide to leave after or during a match. Random matches include all ranked and non-ranked gametypes. When waiting for a new match in this mode, you look down at a schedule of the Arena's matches. When done loading, the schedule shows a list of 5 possible games with different gametypes and different maps (All of the arenas in the game, editted version of them, wilderness arenas, and some other locations, all of which can be editted slightly in the arena map editor found in custom games. You could upload gametypes and maps like in halo games, and bethesda could choose some to add to the lists.) and a cancelled match. You can mark one to choose which map and game to play then join the game via a short cut-scene of an arena mage teleporting you into the arena. The game then commences.

Common Gametypes

You can choose first whether you want to play a ranked or non-ranked game(I know I stole this from Halo, but hey it works) Then you decide what mode you want to play. Nonranked Modes would include:
Arena (Team battles of 6 VS 6) (All team games)
Free-For-All (10 participants)
Solo-Arena (1 Vs 1)
Dual-Arena (2 Vs 2) (all team games)
Small Team-Arena (3 Vs 3) (All team games)
Big Team-Arena (16 Vs 16) (All team games)
Team Chaos (20+15 Adds Vs 20 + 15 Adds) (All Team Games)
Chaos (40 participants + 30 Adds)
Deathmatch (6 Vs 6) (Only deathmatch)
Team Games (6 Vs 6) (No deathmatch)
Extermination (4 Vs loads of monsters)
Dual-Extermination (2 Vs loads of monsters)
Survival (4 Vs Tons and tons of monsters)
Infection (6 Vs zombies, werecreatures, or vampires)
Ranked Games are:
Ranked Deathmatch (6 Vs 6)
Ranked Free-for-All (10 participants)
Ranked Solo-Arena (1 Vs 1)
Ranked Dual-Arena (2 Vs 2)
Ranked Small-Team-Arena (3 Vs 3)
Ranked Extermination (4 Vs loads of monsters)
Ranked Dual-Extermination (2 Vs loads of monsters)
Ranked Survival (4 Vs Tons and tons of monsters)
Ranks would include: Pit Dog, Brawler, Bloodletter, Myrmidon, Warrior, Gladiator, Hero, Champion, Grand Champion, and Divine Champion. To compare to Ranking in halo, these would be like 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50.

Game Modes

Deathmatch- Fighting to kill the opponents
Capture the flag- Capture the other team's Flag
King of the Hill- Hold the hill for the longest
Monster Extermination- Fight monsters
Slave Extermination- Fight Argonian and Khajiit slaves as well as convicts and prisoners
Mage Extermination- Fight against only mages
Scum Extermination- Fight against bandits, marauders, mercenaries, and the such
Monster Survival- Defend yourself against an oncoming horde of monsters
Slave Survival- Defend yourself against an oncoming horde of Argonian and Khajiit slaves as well as convicts and prisoners
Mage Survival- Defend yourself against an oncoming horde of mages
Scum Survival- Defend yourself against an oncoming horde of bandits, marauders, mercenaries, and the such
Zombie Infection- Stay alive as long as possible, when the zombies infect you, you will become a zombie within fifteen seconds. When you die, you are automatically infected
Werecreature Infection- Stay alive as long as possible, when the werecreatures infect you, you will become a werecreature within sixty seconds. When you die, you are automatically infected
Vampire Infection- Stay alive as long as possible, when the vampires infect you, you will become a vampire within thirty seconds. When you die, you are automatically infected. The vampires take damage when in the sun.
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:10 am

no multiplayer ,they would have to balance the items which i would hate if i cant have my 100% effect.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:00 am

only 2-4 co-op
Jake Easom

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:03 pm

It would be nice to at least have the option. For those that don't want to play multiplayer, just don't pick that from the main menu.
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm

No I would be pissed if an Elder Scrolls game had MP. It doesn't need it, almost every game has some kind of silly MP. We can rest easy knowing Bethesda will not put MP in an Elder Scrolls game.
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:23 pm

I would love up to 4 player coop and a competitive arena and thats it. In other words I would like to share a world with 3 friends and go on normal quests as well as specialy made coop quests. As for the competitive arena I want it to include a survival type mode like hoard, nazi zambies, etc which would be up to 4 players as well as a 1v1 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 death match which can or cannot include monsters if you chose. any other gametypes like CTF etc are up to developers.
meg knight

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:46 pm

I think ESV would be a great game for co-op. It would be so amazing to go dungeon crawling with a few friends. My preferred co-op type would be similar to Saint's Row 2, where when you join a friend in their game, it doesn't affect your quests, however you still keep all the loot and XP you gain.

Those who want a strictly single player game can play alone without any co-op influence, but those who want co-op can play it.
мistrєss

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:17 am

that is a mighty long post grimblade i didn't read it all but it makes sense non the less ,
i would like to see some of the things grimblade has mentioned in the game the arena and the coop but i do agree the game would suffer if it was on the lines of fable ,again all of this could be optional to suite the players ideal experience its probably not going to happen only time will tell
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:01 pm

I think it would be nice if you could host a persistent world separate from your SP games that you and your friends can do quests in. The potential roleplays you could do with more than one player characters would be amazing.
Edit: and somebody mentioned zombies. That would be super fun to be locked in one of the cities and have to fend off hordes of zombies. I can imagine heroic last stands in the chapel and fighting to get to the blacksmiths for weapons.
Killer McCracken

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm

I did not vote since you wrapped something I do want in something I never want.
I would love to see cloaks return with hoods that you can toggle up or down. I do not want to see multiplayer.
BlackaneseB

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Just Co-Op.
Imy Davies

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Capes? Yes.

Multiplayer? Hell no.
Abi Emily

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm

The only multiplayer I could really want is co-op. Besides that, no. Capes, yes.
.X chantelle .x Smith

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim