Console is disabled for Survival?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:13 pm

Apparently you've been lucky enough to not encounter any of the numerous and frequent glitches that many of us have experienced then. That's fortunate on your part. Personally I've encountered dozens of instances where literally the only way to progress was to use the console or reload an old save.

Emerald Dreams

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Getting hung up on a texture is rare. It's an excuse.

The benefit of a real restriction is that it literally restricts.

You can't cheat, you can't just pop over to DC for some adhesive.

This presents itself as real survival,

so you'll have to really survive, or die.

Nick Swan

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:02 am

I've gotten hung up on textures at least 15-20 times in this game.

As I said, I absolutely want survival to inconvenience the hell out of my character. I don't want it to inconvenience me as a player.

Caroline flitcroft

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Looking how many people report that they killed & resurrected someone in hope to fix a cletch (the most stupid method ever, if you have only a lttle idea how quests are made) I completly understand that Bethesda removes console access during beta tests.

Lyndsey Bird

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:19 am

No offense, but HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Evidently Bethesda not only ignored the whiners, they doubled down on challenge and realism. Gamers like myself are even more excited than before.
Nicole M

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm

This has nothing to do with challenge, as I have explicitly stated numerous times already in this thread. I absolutely want every bit of the challenge in survival mode. I want fast travel and manual saves to be disabled...I want my character to be put through a grueling and inconvenient experience. I do not want it to take away a tool that I paid for and use to correct the numerous and frequent problems that myself, and many others have experienced with this game.

Kelvin Diaz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:00 pm

Could be true. Could also be Bethesda never had its heart into this project, and basically letting it die on the vine without much thought or effort.

Well I sure look forward to reading up on everyone's experience with survival! Where's my popcorn?

Aman Bhattal

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:22 pm

So, coming from a current console user I can't understand how PC users have gotten themselves in all the predicaments while I haven't been stuck once in a situation I couldn't get out of. I'm always trying to jump onto/over something that doesn't seem built for it and haven't gotten completely stuck once. I just don't get how you're all getting so stuck all the time lol

I’m my own

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:14 pm

i don't care about the "survival" mode as it doesn't increase difficulty in any way

- it's a single player game , what one player A does in his own game doesn't affect player B

jessica robson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Two things:

1. No one would criticize F4 for being unstable if it weren't a BGS game. That stigma only works because previous games were indeed unstable upon release.

2. So what if you have to load a previous save and re-play some of the game?? That's going to happen frequently due to the difficulty. If you can't handle it, survival mode ain't for you.
Multi Multi

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 am

What? It does all kinds of things to increase difficulty. You have to eat, drink, and sleep. You can only save when you sleep. You can't fast travel. You can get diseases that need to be treated. Enemy difficulty was rescaled. Literally everything about survival mode is there to make it more difficult.

I don't criticize it for being unstable due to being a BGS game. It's the most stable BGS game I've ever played, but that's like saying "this is the hottest fire I've ever seen." It might be the hottest, but that doesn't mean the other ones are cold.

If I die and have to reload a save, that's on me. That's not what I'm talking about. That's my mistake. If I have to reload a save and lose an hour of progress because of some stupid bug that could have been resolved in 1 second with the console, it's not my mistake. As I've said repeatedly, I want every bit of the challenge in survival mode. Disabling the console does nothing to make it more challenging for me, since I do not plan on using the console to remove any of the challenge.

Dawn Porter

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:54 am

Mods and the console is disabled for bug reporting, so that the only culprit is the game changes and not mods or "exploiting"

:sb:

i grind hard

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Mods are disabled for beta testing. The disabled console is a 'feature' of the mode, as confirmed https://community.bethesda.net/thread/2952

Rachel Briere

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:29 pm

You did not pay for the console command. It is there for the developers of this game. Bethesda has the right to limit its access to the players and they have done it for a good reason. There will likely be mods out that enable survival mode features for all the other difficulties.

Etta Hargrave

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Well, at least we can mimic everything in survival mode on very difficult. However, its hard not to blame console platform users for this change.

Christine Pane

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Master race is also secretly the clumsiest?

Motionsharp

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:18 am

Wait what? Why would you blame console users for this? We don't even have the friggin console

Jessie Butterfield

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:04 am

I purchased a gaming PC. I purchased a copy of Fallout 4 for said gaming PC, with the knowledge that I'd be able to use the debugging console, as I have in every other Bethesda game I've ever played. Therefore, I purchased the debugging console. It is a component of the game that I purchased and have been playing for the last 5 months. Now they are removing said feature.

I don't want survival features on other difficulties. I want the exact survival mode that went into beta today, but with the console enabled so I can work around the bugs in Bethesda's game.

Shelby McDonald

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Certainly the most whiny and demanding...
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Nowhere in the contents of the game was the debug console mentioned, so no you did not purchase the right to use it. They aren't even removing it from the game. They're removing it from an OPTIONAL GAME MODE

David Chambers

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 pm

How many threads have there been with console users complaining about duplication fixes? And how many of those threads devolved into whining about how pc users had the console to 'cheat'? So yes, its easy to blame them for trying to equate console use with cheating, and that tool getting arbitrarily removed.

butterfly

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:36 pm

You'd be surprised what can be beaten in terms of hard-coded features. Bethesda modders have done some fantastic things.

Both of these are examples of posters failing to understand the actual complaint about the console going away. NO ONE is complaining about it's loss for cheating purposes. That's not what it's there for. It's a debugging tool.

The PC versions of these games have been buggy messes. I have to use the console to fix an issue about every other week or so. It's not much, but it's critical. I've had to reset the core Vault 81 quest twice in order to progress through it. Both times the game would just not progress through the quest. NPCs would just stand there and NOT continue the cut scene.

Also, if you're not running the PC version of the game, then you have no right to chime in on the issue. It's not a tool available in the console version (which has to be a tighter game than the PC version as far as bugs go since any bug might never get fixed on a console) so it's loss does not effect you in any way and you have no experience with it's intended use.

Darian Ennels

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:38 am

This is silly, I'll loose my faith in them completely if they bloody do that. Having access to console for a variety of reasons is why I play on a damn PC anyway.

So what even if I want to cheat lol

Do you guys really think you're actually achieving stuff in your life by playing video games ?

Is it a pride thing ?

I don't get it.
sam westover

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 am

If you really think that Beth scoured the forums and chose THAT to implement over the hundreds of other things that are talked about more frequently, you're just looking to blame console users. I've seen that mentioned only a couple times since the latest patch which was less than two weeks ago. Survival has absolutely been in dev much longer than that. I'd bet a season pass it has more to do with Beth knowing how easy it is for people to use the console to negate the survival changes than to take the advice of maybe 0.001% of console users. Congrats on pulling out the dumbest excuse I've seen to blame console users for something haha

Shelby McDonald

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:52 pm

What do you achieve by cheating?
Miranda Taylor

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4