Console is disabled for Survival?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:32 am

I voted - Don't care. I hardly ever use the console, only if i get stuck which has happened once so far in 400 hours.

Darrell Fawcett

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:22 am

Agreed

Personally. I'm afraid of the reasoning they came up with for the decision. As well as the possibility that they will leave it in when it goes live. It will probably be modded out, but what then? Every mod makes your system a little more unstable.

And what if this mindset carries over into the Creation Kit? What if someone decides to severely hamstring the CK in some way? It's a bit silly a concept I know, but this decision does have me wondering.

It's because almost every console's the same. Especially if you require certain system updates be installed for the game to run. So Bethesda can really do a better job playtesting and bug fixing before the game came out.

But not every PC is the same. Anything from the hardware, the drivers, to even the background programs running on windows changes up the PC's configuration. I built my PC and my brother's. We have the exact same hardware and drivers, and we've both run into bugs and killer issues with Fallout 4 that the other person did not.

I also put 476 hours into New Vegas, and I can't recall ever having to use the console command to fix a bug. But I did run into a ton of bugs in that game and most were fixed with either a mod-patch, or a reload to an earlier save.

I've put 355 hours into Fallout 4 so far and I've lost count of the number of times I've needed the console to get past a bug. Mostly these have been settlement related. In a number of instances they were quest related, and an in an ungodly huge number of cases they were lost NPC/companion issues.

KU Fint

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Don't care,

since the whole concept, while it includes very nice ideas, is faulty.

console is one of the last things to worry about... on the other hand there will be so many new problems included that it may turn out to be serious.

M!KkI

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:44 am

It's an ultra small minority of jealous console users that don't want PC users to have console commands. Don't put us all in there. I want the debug console to stay and I'm on xbox. ONE person placed this happening on console users with no basis to that accusation. We can let that die.

Yeah I guess it's understandable. I just was curious as it comes up sometimes and I can't for the life of me think of how people are getting stuck so much.

Fanny Rouyé

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Understandable. I was really just curious. I play NV on a semi outdated rig which needs a good bit of upgrades to match 4's Min specs but like you I've never had to get myself unstuck. On console now, I feel like 4 is all around stable but I do understand that hardware differences on PC will also have a lot to do with it.

naomi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 pm

Survival mode keeps getting worst and worst. Why not just add all these features in as option to allow the player to choose what they want to use?

djimi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Sometimes, it happens in the strangest places. You slip from a ledge and get trapped between a wall and a crate, you drop through terrain that hasn't loaded in properly, or you get shoved by a charging sentry bot and knocked INTO a solid object that you are then stuck in.

Just today I was sprinting over the bridge next to Beantown Brewery and dropped through the top layer that didn't load in correctly and then got jammed in the support as it loaded in. First time it's happened like that and there.

ANaIs GRelot

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Huh? Not gonna watch a 40 mins video if you are trying to show me a bug. Why don't you give me a time I'm supposed to start watching.
Carlos Rojas

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:48 am

^this.

With mods you can add the same features of survival to other difficulty settings together with mods and console for that cheating experience these whiners seem to love so much.

Danny Warner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Oh absolutely. The PC side of the experience can differ so much that it can be very frustrating sometimes. I tend to reflex lash out when I see any posts with anything along the lines of "well it didn't happen to me". Mostly because they don't resolve the issue. And so often it really is just an issue of tone, you know what i mean? For example, your posts there didn't come off as insulting because of how you worded it an the fact that you followed it up with a question. That made it apparent that you were actually inquiring about the issue instead of dismissing it. ^_^

It's also an issue that makes bug resolution so frustrating. You never know if any other PC users are running into the same bugs unless it's something big enough that there are a ton of threads on the issue.

The video literally starts at the incident where the player VATS through the world and gets stuck between walls. He then has to rely on fast travel to escape.

Farrah Barry

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:41 am

Just pretend like it`s not there.

It cannot get any worse from that.

Tania Bunic

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:23 pm

I just watched him talk to Ada for the first 3 minutes.. not gonna spend more time than that. Sorry.

Sorry that guy had a bug. I've never experienced that one. Glad he was able to resolve it.
Justin Hankins

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Basically, if the console players can play without the console.. so can pc players. Just because it's useful and fun doesn't mean that using the console is ever actually needed. TCL is great to play with and great for getting 'unstuck'. But you know what console players do if they get stuck? They reload. Trust me, you can get by fine without using the console.

Lisa Robb

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 am

This is the ultimate distinction that seems to be lost on many.

Nick Swan

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:38 am

+1 for this, first quote is exactly the issue.

victoria johnstone

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Basically because people can survive on stale bread and water, everyone should do so coz reasons.

How about no?

Richus Dude

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 am

But he's right. Console users have been dealing with any issues like that for years. So the argument that you NEED it is not there.

RaeAnne

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:24 pm

same here. I've gotten stuck many times.

or my companions will and I have to use the console to get them to moveto me. Take last night for instance. I was exploring for about an hour and realized Curie was no longer with me. I figured I'd enter a building and see if she would spawn inside with me. Nope. She didn't spawn. I waited a bit and still nothing. Found a bed and slept for an hour. No lover's embrace, no Curie.

So is it fair that I have to reload my last save from an hour ago? Hell no. I'm fully in my rights to utilize the console command and spawn her next to me.

Sounds like this new mode is not going to be for me and I look forward to modders correcting it on Nexus.

Sammygirl500

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:47 pm

you forget, that PC users will be hit by more bugs than console players.

developing for consoles is easy: you'll exactly know the hardware the game will run on.

for PC this is not the case.

Charlie Sarson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:08 pm

I think it`s worth it to give console back to PC players just to... you know... make them stop talking about this.

Mike Plumley

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 pm

The argument is not about needing it, the argument is that it saves time that would have otherwise been lost BY NO FAULT OF THE PLAYER. Why should I have to lose an hour or even 2 minutes of my time because the game decided to randomly [censored] me over, when I can easily use the console to fix it? Just because consoles don't have access to console commands it should be taken away from the PC players as well?

Get over yourself.

Michael Korkia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

That's true. I hadn't really taken that into account. Most people seem to be talking about getting stuck. I have had to reload a save to attempt fixing a quest that wouldn't move forward. So there's that

Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 am

I want Bethesda to give Console command back to PC players.

I cannot take it anymore what some people say in this forum right after Bethesda delivered long promised new Survival mode.

Chelsea Head

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 am

I essentially only use the console to clean up unwanted settlement skeletons / corpses etc, so it isn't really a major issue for me. I haven't really encountered any major bugs in my 400+ hours.

That said, I voted no, because the few times I -have- encountered bugs, I've used the console to fix them myself. Considering the volatile nature of playing on PC (millions of different hardware combinations = experiences differ wildly), I think it should still be there to allow for bug fixing / texture hangups etc. I don't think anyone who uses the console to 'cheat' would be interested in using a Survival mode anyway.

I surely won't be using settlement building the way I have been - because instead of being able to tinker around a settlement for hours without a care, I'll be gradually starving :lmao:

Erich Lendermon

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 am

I'm all for this.

Again, other people have been dealing with it for years with no real detriment to their health. Deal with it.

.X chantelle .x Smith

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4