Cumulative Speculation related to TES V #14

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 am

Realisticaly

I dont think we're gonna get a game better than Oblivion, Every new release I have bought in the last 2 years is utter [censored] and it only gets worse, The latest game I bought was DiRT2 and thats a horrible game, FarCry2, Sims3, etc. are all horrible games with not much content, Not to mention Oblivion. TES V is just gonna be another crappy FPS with swords attached and barely any lore or story, Its gonna be full of bugs and game play issues and then its going to be rushed out the door just before christmass 2012 and then abandoned. it will be reliant on Games For Windows Live and it will be unmoddable as the game devs will not want you changeing thier awsomely spectacular (utter crap) art style. And the reason why they havent released a single bit of information about TESV is its going to be completely [censored] and dont want to scare away its fan base too soon. In fact, they havent even been working on TES V, they've been working on WET (which failed) and Brink (just another cliche FPS) and the new Fallout game which hasnt been anounced yet. And they wont be working on TES untill theyre done with thier new fanchises and then gonna spend only a year on it before they rush it out unfinished in time for christmas. Game devs over hype thier features in games adn claim that their game is innovative and new, which is also [censored] because every "innovative" feature they can put into a computer game has allready been thought of in real life, like "Radiant AI", thats not new, I can step out my front door and see people washing thier cars or repairing the road, all by them selves, and its realy not that amazing. The closer games get to real life the less impressed I am.

Dude, chillax. You're forgetting Shivering Isles and Fallout 3. Bethesda improved on Oblivion in those, and in TESV they will improve on Fallout 3. Bethesda always improves on their games, just sometimes the improve the wrong way. O ye of little faith...
Mario Alcantar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:23 am

I will restate some information I posted a while ago.

I live in California, and my video class at my high school was going to visit the local Snoopy's Home Ice Rink, in Santa Rosa, where 2K was working on motion capture for their new game NHL2k11. That was cool, we got to see guys covered in dots, etc, it was awseme. Then it got awsemer.
This guy there, he never said his name, was explaining to us how the motion capture worked. He talked aboput techniques, how sometimes its hard to Capture on ice. He said it was easier to work on bioskock lol...And he talked about some other projects he worked on, like Borderlands, NBA2k, etc. He mentioned briefly, and I quote.
"And this really awseme unnanounced project were working on with a studio in Maryland."
He does Motion capture exclusively.
Later, I thought, wait! Bethesda is in Maryland, Bethesda is owned by 2k because Zenimax is owned by 2k!
Didn't Todd Howard say in an interview that they would strive for better character animations in future games?
Okay, this might not be ES5, and it might not even be bethesda, but If im not mistaken, there arent many game studios in maryland, least of which are owned by 2k.
So whatever that all means, it could mean the next installment in The Elder Scrolls will have kickass motion capture animations!

That would tend to add weight to the theory about Skyrim as the next setting. Nothing like doing motion capture on ice if you're trying to make animations for skating or walking on frozen ground. The same data that's used in an NHL sports game would be just as applicable. Of course, the projects could be totally unrelated, and they're really doing the next game in the swamps of Black Marsh....
Nikki Hype

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:06 am

I believe Damuncha was being slightly sarcastic, in both his posts. Try doing this when posting sarcasm so it's more obvious.

Sarcasm/

I have a life.

End sarcasm/

See how easy :D
Kim Bradley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 pm

The reason Oblivion was so generic and "worse" than Morrowind was because of their lead designer, who no longer works for Bethesda, and later regretted the decisions of dumbing down Oblivion.
celebrity

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:04 pm

The reason Oblivion was so generic and "worse" than Morrowind was because of their lead designer, who no longer works for Bethesda, and later regretted the decisions of dumbing down Oblivion.

Speaking of which who's the lead designer now anyway?
Niisha

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:06 am

Look, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath while we wait for the next thread to be opened. Then I'll state my reasons why I speculate TESV will be a massive improvement over Oblivion and Fallout 3. But let's all breathe a bit first.
WTW

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Look, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath while we wait for the next thread to be opened. Then I'll state my reasons why I speculate TESV will be a massive improvement over Oblivion and Fallout 3. But let's all breathe a bit first.

But holding our breath for so long is sooooooo much fun
Eoh

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Speaking of which who's the lead designer now anyway?

I forgot his name.

Ahhh... Now, it's Emil Pagliarulo. I thought you were talking about the old one.
Laura Hicks

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Not true. I assume you're talking about Ken Rolston here who worked on both Morrowind and Oblivion, and shortly after the release of Oblivion went into retirement and expressed in an interview that he enjoyed working on Morrowind more because less people and less designers worked on that game so he had more to do and say. But nowhere does he mention anything about "dumbing down Oblivion".

In any case, this thread has grown too large (200+) posts and is now closed.
Project

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion