Cumulative Speculation related to TES V #14

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 pm

My main point is that perhaps Bethesda will focus more on gameplay than graphics, thus making graphics limitations not a huge obstacle for making TESV on current generation consoles, thus not elimitating the possibility for TESV to be released sooner rather than later.

When have we ever known Bethesda not to focus on graphics? Honestly I'd be pretty surprised if TESV came out and had the graphics of Fallout 3, gameplay is important, but its got to look good as well. That said, I dont see any reason TESV cant come out in 2010, for all we know Beth has a secret team working on it, conspiracy theory blah blah blah....
Jack Walker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 am

While doing some research on a new TES title, I stumbeled upon the LinkedIn profile of http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christiane-meister/b/135/562
Her job description is as follows: September 1999 ? Present (10 years 5 months)

Lead Character Animator on Morrowind and Oblivion and Lead Character Artist on future Elderscrolls titles.

I thought it may have been an outdated description written before she knew she'd be working on FO3, but I looked through FO3's credits and her name is nowhere to be found.
Does this mean she has been working on TESV after the completion of Shivering Isles (March 2007) ? I think so.
Anna S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:53 am

While doing some research on a new TES title, I stumbeled upon the LinkedIn profile of http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christiane-meister/b/135/562

Lead Character Animator on Morrowind and Oblivion and Lead Character Artist on future Elderscrolls titles.

I thought it may have been an outdated description written before she knew she'd be working on FO3, but I looked through FO3's credits and her name is nowhere to be found.
Does this mean she has been working on TESV after the completion of Shivering Isles (March 2007) ? I think so.

It only sais she's a full-time employee who will be included in all TES related projects...
Niisha

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Just because they said they are going to last ten years doesn't mean they are going to be the latest generation for ten years. The Playstation 2 lasted for far over its lifespan because of Sony and developers' support but it was not the latest Sony console.

What I expect is that they plan to release new consoles rather soon but still support their old ones rather heavily so that they can make the most money out of them as they can. This is because both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 were rather large money sinks to the companies at the beginning of their lives, whereas the Wii was a huge success and made far more money than Nintendo put into it. The 260 and PS3 are still struggling to make a profit, especially in the face of setbacks like the red ring or the PS3's high price tag that plagued them for so long.

I am not sure if we will see TESV on this generation or the next. Both the 360 and PS3 have a lot to offer still, both graphically and hardware. What some people fail to understand is that, despite having worse hardware than a computer, a console has much less work to do because it has no (or few, as most of today's consoles have a sort of desktop running in the background) programs running in the background. They can devote the majority of their power to running the games they play. Proper optimization can make use of this and make a 3+ year old console run a brand new game as if the console had never aged. Hell, just look at Halo 2 on the Xbox. It pushed it to it's limit (so much so that the cutscenes had to load in 4 parts and you could see that loading at the beginning of the scene) and the game looked beautiful on a console where Halo:Combat Evolved once looked great.

I don't believe that there should be any limitation to having another TES game on modern consoles, but Bethesda may also be negotiating with Microsoft or Sony such that their game would be a release title on their newest systems, as with Oblivion (well, almost if it weren't for the delays).

:nod: :foodndrink:
Anthony Santillan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

I remember her from the video "making elder scrolls 4". she was at the zoo or somewhere like that showing a horse,saying "every joint is connected, they don't move individually."
pinar

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:35 pm

I remember her from the video "making elder scrolls 4". she was at the zoo or somewhere like that showing a horse,saying "every joint is connected, they don't move individually."

It was her own horse.
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

It was her own horse.

I bet she calls it Polygon. If she's geek enough that is.
Mandi Norton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 am

I bet she calls it Polygon. If she's geek enough that is.

Her name is Miss Piggy.
jadie kell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Her name is Miss Piggy.

You're creeping me out, how many times have you watched that video? Or do you just keep files on all Bethesda employees? :bolt:
Anthony Rand

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:08 pm

It only sais she's a full-time employee who will be included in all TES related projects...

And she didn't work on FO3. What did she do, took a couple of years off during the development of FO3? No, she probably worked on TES5
Margarita Diaz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am

And she didn't work on FO3. What did she do, took a couple of years off during the development of FO3? No, she probably worked on TES5

Yes!!!!! TES V is in production, and has been for more than just a little while, even if only some developers were working on it at the beginning.
Dale Johnson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:14 am

Could be as they are known to have many teams, one team work on making DLC while other make the game or etc. Kind of like when they did on Fallout 3 during the time of Oblivion. As to how many teams there are, that I want to know.
Penny Flame

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 am

News: Someone from Bethesda will be at GDC 2010!
Bad news: It was the lead level designer for Fallout 3. Nothing against you Joel but if it was a level designer from say Shivering Isles then the chances of discussing something about TESV would have been much higher.
Conor Byrne

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 pm

News: Someone from Bethesda will be at GDC 2010!
Bad news: It was the lead level designer for Fallout 3. Nothing against you Joel but if it was a level designer from say Shivering Isles then the chances of discussing something about TESV would have been much higher.

The team who created Fallout 3 also created Oblivion and Morrowind.
Je suis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 am

She gave birth.
chinadoll

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:13 am

The team who created Fallout 3 also created Oblivion and Morrowind.

I assume tombofsoldier meant http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Joel_Burgess (designer for Fallout 3) , not the whole team.

She gave birth.

Is that so.
HARDHEAD

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 am

She gave birth.

She wasn't working on TES V? :(
Kevan Olson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 am

She gave birth.

To TES V animations? :hehe:

Nah, but seriously, I'm happy for her. :)
Matthew Barrows

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

I assume tombofsoldier meant http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Joel_Burgess (designer for Fallout 3) , not the whole team.

Is that so.

Hopefully, he is working on TES V. I can't imagine Bethesda announcing Fallout 4 before TES V.
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 am

Beth has stated before that they are a big enough company to have multiple teams. Whatever project they're working on, they have been working on it for quite a while now.
Richus Dude

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:55 am

Does anyone else have this funny feeling in their belly when they think 'God, people are working on this game right now.' (I know it's saturday, shh. )
helen buchan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 am

I really don't think TES V will be coming out

I was going to put this in another thread, but after reading this part of Freddo's comment, figured it was better to post here.

Paul Oughton is a "publishing executive" and not really a developer. And that article is over a year old, you will not see a new TES released in 2010.

Which reading that (personally) makes me (as a long time fan) lose faith in the company's artistic integrity. Don't get me wrong. I liked Fallout. But I loved TES Daggerfall, 3 and 4.

But pushing off Tamriel for it, read like this to me.

"Post Apocalyptia is what's big. Let's forsake the world that made us popular with our TES consumers (The folks that kept the lights on for us all these years) and trade it in on Interplay's former IP!".

Or... Post Quake Con: (Wait a minute, don't taze me bro! We didn't say we were canning TES! It's just... we like Fallout money)

If that isn't exactly what's happening to a world with more lore, more story and more possibilities than Fallout... I'll be a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Races_of_The_Elder_Scrolls#Sload.

I'd love to be wrong and to truly just be bitter that Fantasy is just dead with the public. But with so many HORRIBLE fantasy games coming out of 2009 and seeing people still buying them, because there was nothing out (past awesome games like Dragon Age Origins), I doubt it.

If they don't hop back into the TES saddle soon, I see more Rogue Warrior flops that (even though the Dev team had nothing to do with it) will mar their reputation.

Or worse... Fallout 7: The Quest For More Worthless Dust In A Still Worthless WASTELAND.
Amy Cooper

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 am

What on Earth is with all of these ungrateful "fans" complaining about Fallout 3 these days? It's been a YEAR since their last game came out. Bethesda wants money, okay, they aren't Santa Clause, they don't have a factory full of elves who only need to be paid with candy canes. Bethesda is a company, and a company needs money to function. Fallout 3 got them money, lots of money. They didn't "betray" their ES fans, they simply did what was best for the company.

I understand you all want a new TES game, I know it's been a long time since the last game, but give me a break and listen to yourselves! "Rawr, Bethesda hates their fans, I want TESV NOW!!!!!!" If you have nothing better to do than say Bethesda hates it's fans, then why post? Why even post here? Go find another website to complain about how Bethesda "betrayed" you.

Really, how ungrateful can you be?

/end rant.
Sherry Speakman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am

Anyone think that maybe they'll put an add in the front or back of book 2 saying something like "A prequel to ELDER SCROLLS 5 _______ (we'll say Skyrim but wahtever it \ends up being called) due late 2010" or whenever?
Ryan Lutz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 am

Anyone think that maybe they'll put an add in the front or back of book 2 saying something like "A prequel to ELDER SCROLLS 5 _______ (we'll say Skyrim but wahtever it \ends up being called) due late 2010" or whenever?

No.
Arrogant SId

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion