Cumulative Speculation related to TES V #14

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:13 am

Who's fault is that?

I feel sorry for the person who gets a ps3 the day before ps4 is announced.
glot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I feel sorry for the person who gets a ps3 the day before ps4 is announced.

Considering there's a 100% chance it will be announced at E3, they'd have to be pretty stupid to buy a console a few days before E3. :lol:
glot

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Considering there's a 100% chance it will be announced at E3, they'd have to be pretty stupid to buy a console a few days before E3. :lol:

Or the person buying the ps3 just might not know anything about E3.
Izzy Coleman

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:19 pm

I would get very angry if Bethesda released the next TES game on the next gen consoles, I just got a PS3 and probably not have enough money for the next gen stuff.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If we would see next-gen consoles in stores soon we would have more solid rumors than some 1.5 year old article of a Crytek developer guessing we will see them in 2011, who I might add have no insight of what Sony or Microsoft is doing.

Both Microsoft and Sony spent enormous amounts of money developing their current consoles, they both want them to last as long as possible.
Madison Poo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am

I'd rather they not release it for the current consoles...Oblivion already pushed them, and I doubt "no room for technological improvement" would be a good selling point for the next one. They could always focus on the PC version and then later port it to the next set of consoles...make it a launch title, even.
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:45 am

Suppose that Bethesda announce the new Elder Scrolls this year, don't you think it is possible to release the game in 2011 on the PC and then port it to the new consoles in 2012? Morrowind was ported to the XBox a year later, and Oblivion was also ported to the PS3 a year later. This way people can get the graphics excellence they expect to see in the Elder Scrolls series, and the game will still be a multi-platform release.
Paul Rice

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:56 am

Morrowind was ported to the XBox a year later,

Morrowind was released to the Xbox 3 weeks later, and that extra time was because of Microsofts internal testing.
Kitana Lucas

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Suppose that Bethesda announce the new Elder Scrolls this year, don't you think it is possible to release the game in 2011 on the PC and then port it to the new consoles in 2012? Morrowind was ported to the XBox a year later, and Oblivion was also ported to the PS3 a year later. This way people can get the graphics excellence they expect to see in the Elder Scrolls series, and the game will still be a multi-platform release.

Just because I can't afford a pc doesn't mean I should suffer more. If Bethesda is going to do that, then why not just save the game for all platforms until 2012 and get an extra year to work on it?
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Morrowind was released to the Xbox 3 weeks later, and that extra time was because of Microsofts internal testing.

I am sorry, that was 7 or 8 years ago so I couldn't exactly remember what happened then.

Just because I can't afford a pc doesn't mean I should suffer more. If Bethesda is going to do that, then why not just save the game for all platforms until 2012 and get an extra year to work on it?

I don't think that any one should suffer. I just asked if you think that's possible to happen. Just one more thing to speculate. I take your point.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

I am sorry, that was 7 or 8 years ago so I couldn't exactly remember what happened then.

I don't think that any one should suffer. I just asked if you think that's possible to happen. Just one more thing to speculate. I take your point.

One major problem I could see with it is that when the game is ported to other platforms, those platforms do not get DLC, just like in Bethesda's past when porting Morrowind and Oblivion to consoles. I just think that this time, Bethesda should release their game on all platforms at the same time and then give all patches and DLC to all the platforms with all the platforms in mind, instead of focusing on a specific platform.
brenden casey

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

One major problem I could see with it is that when the game is ported to other platforms, those platforms do not get DLC, just like in Bethesda's past when porting Morrowind and Oblivion to consoles. I just think that this time, Bethesda should release their game on all platforms at the same time and then give all patches and DLC to all the platforms with all the platforms in mind, instead of focusing on a specific platform.

I am not entirely sure but I believe that the reason for ps3 not getting dlc was because Microsoft payed bethesda to get them exclusive.
priscillaaa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 am

I am not entirely sure but I believe that the reason for ps3 not getting dlc was because Microsoft payed bethesda to get them exclusive.

Yeah, that's what I remember, too. Did the PS3 eventually get DLC? I can't remember if that was for FO3 or TESIV, though. =/ Did the PS3 get a TESIV GotY? Still probably would only have SI and KotN.
mike

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 am

The ps3 only got a few of the DLC like SI, KothN, and something else I think. I know it didn't get the Mehrune's Razor quest or any of the other small DLC's like the Orrery and the horse armor.
Jinx Sykes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 am

The ps3 only got a few of the DLC like SI, KothN, and something else I think. I know it didn't get the Mehrune's Razor quest or any of the other small DLC's like the Orrery and the horse armor.

Man, that svcks. :( Best to get the TES series on the PC anyway, so you can have access to all the awesome mods! But... I guess that isn't much of an option if the PC hardware isn't able to meet the demands of the game.
Sunny Under

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:27 pm

The PS3 users should be grateful that they didn't get the Horse Armor.
Michael Korkia

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:45 pm

I have a feeling ESV won't be announced soon now, because Fallout: New Vegas is going to be hyping up.
Rachel Hall

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 pm

""At the moment we've got Fallout 3 for this year and potentially there's a new Elder Scrolls title in 2010," said Paul Oughton " ...

"Posted 10/29/08 at 05:22:05 PM by Nathan Grayson"

who knows though when it comes to these magazines lol'

but then in the same magazine 1 year later

"Don't look for a new Elder Scrolls game in the near future," Bethesda's Todd Howard said when asked about Elder Scrolls V. "We are working on our next big game but we are not talking about it." Posted 08/18/09 at 12:13:12 AM by Nathan Grayson
Phoenix Draven

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 am

I don't see how when a game comes to consoles has any impact on whether it gets the DLC. Heck, you can generate more interest in an older game by releasing it as a "special edition" with all those past extras already packaged.
Scott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:58 am

if you think about it i dont really care how long we have to wait because in all reality the longer we wait the better the game will be.
i mean TES are a very deep and complex series could anyone here think about how long it takes to write all those books that are in the game and all the trees and littlest details that we take for granted i mean these games are bigger than epic i say we be glad that tthey are takeing so long on it because frankly you know they are working on it but they cant say anything because then well all get off topic and flood the forums with a trillion different questions rofl and you all know it ..So what we have here so far i think is perfect.
We can talk about it and give suggestions and thats great cause we all like to talk about something we know
nothing about its a lot of fun.
Genevieve

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 pm

No, actually the longer the wait, the more we have to fear the game will suffer. A long wait can mean disinterest in the project, a slow trickle of cash or both. The waiting hasn't even begun though, because if they are working on TES, they're still on schedule, as compared with their previous games' development cycles. When 2012 rolls around, and we havn't a word, then the panic and mass hysteria may commence.
Saul C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 pm

No, actually the longer the wait, the more we have to fear the game will suffer. A long wait can mean disinterest in the project, a slow trickle of cash or both. The waiting hasn't even begun though, because if they are working on TES, they're still on schedule, as compared with their previous games' development cycles. When 2012 rolls around, and we havn't a word, then the panic and mass hysteria may commence.

yea good point. but honestly ill tell you one thing if the game dont come out till 2012 im not buying it lol seriously just like i didnt buy halo 3 and im glad i didnt cause that game was a let down
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 pm

yea good point. but honestly ill tell you one thing if the game dont come out till 2012 im not buying it lol seriously just like i didnt buy halo 3 and im glad i didnt cause that game was a let down

The hell does when TES comes out have to do with your opinions on Halo? I be confused...
luis ortiz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 pm

What is this "Halo" you speak of?
Darren Chandler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:47 am

What is this "Halo" you speak of?

I think he may be referring to this...

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/hola.jpg
Dina Boudreau

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 am

If ESV doesn't get announced for some months, I have a big feeling we're going to be seeing major improvements to character behavior: facial animations, body animations, etc. Todd Howard stated in a G4 interview after Fallout 3 was released that they weren't satisfied with character behavior in FO3 and they were looking to improve it for their next project. Also, Emil said he wanted to improve storytelling for their next project as well.
Jamie Moysey

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion