Elder Scrolls V: The Movie

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Directed by Uwe Boll...

No, M. Night Syamalan.
Susan

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 pm

No, M. Night Syamalan.

And Michael Baysplosions. Because dragons explode, being filled with fire and all.
Blessed DIVA

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 am

No, M. Night Syamalan.

You are really Alduin! What a tweest!
Jessica Raven

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Leading actor: Mads Mikkelsen
Josee Leach

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:46 am

Hugh Grant :
"I say,Esbern, old chap, there's, ah, well, you see, umm, a well, an actual Dragon outside."
"You are Dovahkiin, the Dragonborn, to slay it is your destiny, it is written on the Wall."
"Oh righty ho then, umm, now, what is it, umm, that I have to, you know, well, aah, do exactly. Gosh."
Ellie English

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:09 am

There shouldnt be a movie.

/thread

This.
Movies based on games are usually bad and can be horrible at the times (Doom for example).
Also, I really don't have a need to see TES movie personally, but if they decide to make one in the future for some reason, they should do it only in case they have some awesome idea that can work only as a movie instead as a game since I would prefer if they use that idea for a game instead of a movie.
Suzy Santana

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Hugh Grant :
"I say,Esbern, old chap, there's, ah, well, you see, umm, a well, an actual Dragon outside."
"You are Dovahkiin, the Dragonborn, to slay it is your destiny, it is written on the Wall."
"Oh righty ho then, umm, now, what is it, umm, that I have to, you know, well, aah, do exactly. Gosh."

Thats good.^ *IF* Hollywood couldn't help themselves. I would go with Vin.
Markie Mark

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 am

Haha! Nobody likes Sam Worthington.
Ebony Lawson

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:55 am

I really don't think a movie could successfully capture the essence of an Elder Scrolls game. I remember the same topic coming up for Morrowind and Oblivion and for the most part it isn't well accepted.

If they did make a movie, I would want a female lead :P

With you there sister! =)

Otherwise Bale and Neeson! Like Batman =D
Albert Wesker

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Dovakiin should be played by Brian Johnson

Esbern should be played by Angus Young.

I will pray for the deaths of everyone who doesnt know who they are to the Night Mother
Hussnein Amin

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 am

No. Just no.
Hot

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am

Max von Sydow is awesome (Judge Dredd's one of my favorite movies of his) but Vin Diesel would absolutely blow. "Duhh, I need ta' kill da dragunn! Daaah, I am deh Triple-Ex i mean Dovahkiin!"

I'm sure it's against the forum rules to make fun of Vin Diesel. And if it isn't... it should be!
April D. F

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 am

Dwayne Johnson?

i care about movies, i care about skyrim,
i do not care about cross-media cash-cows,
i wouldn't watch a movie of the game nomatter who was in it,
but for the love of god,
Dwayne Johnson?
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:51 pm

funny
Solina971

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:49 am

Maybe an HBO bajillion part "mini" series (or whatever they're called) like dexter, or spartacus or something, that would be the only way I would want to see/ watch it (even though I dont have HBO, I could get it someway >_>... IE itunes not torrent...)
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Mmmm... I can't see any of them them portraying the canonical Dovahkiin. Who is, of course, a female argonian.
Glu Glu

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Benno Fürmann as a dragon slayer with Max von Sydow in a supporting role... Oh wait, http://content9.flixster.com/photo/11/12/88/11128819_gal.jpg
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Wow, on the poll I picked Vin Diesel and Liam Neeson, thinking there's no way anyone would agree with me... Then I saw the poll results.
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 am

I honestly thought that the OP were about to pulling some kind of a witty joke when I read "Novaklin" in the sub-title for a while there (which vaguely sounds like a brand of bleach or cleaner or something)... And I must say that I'm pretty much exasperated at the sight of the majority of picks we're being offered on the poll list. I mean, c'mon.

That aside, I kinda feel that the best option there is for the franchise is to not even bother making a movie. Frankly, it would be an even greater disservice if the best they can come up with is nothing more than yet another puerile, cookie-cutter action-fantasy movie, with an added risk of dragging the whole franchise deep down the bottom of the pit of constant ridicules for some time.

A little bit of wall o' text incoming:
Spoiler
If anything, and if they really feel the need to extend the franchise to other medias, which they just did actually with the release of "Infernal City" which itself is to be followed by a sequel, why don't they aim for the stars while being realistic and keep their feet on the ground at the same time? And what I meant by "aim for the stars", is to left a positive mark proudly by proclaiming "look, our thing is essentially a medieval-flavored high-fantasy stuff with all those swords flinging, crazy magic tricks and all that yadda yadda, BUT unlike those other stuff over there, whose trade we can be summed up into a hodgepodge of fancifully choreographed fighting scenes and CGI clustercuss with an occasional dashes of ham-fisted poetic scenes, we emphasizes on deep and intelligent storytelling coupled with an engrossing universe that people will (hopefully) be more than eager to watch it again and again and to discuss it with each other to gain a clearer understanding and a more complete experience of the story. And we even hoped to make a strong following out of people who weren't even into the game series in the first place, all the while ignoring the fact that there's an entire race of people that looks none too far removed from their pet lizards and kitties at home in it!"

So if they must, i think it would be best if they work on short TV series (for how many seasons, it depends, but preferably just keep it short but sweet), hire a pair of good professional writers with a few ideas to offer to work together with Bethesda's own "lore people", and make it a unique beast on the market out there where the actions are relatively secondary to the storytelling and meaningful character progression (well, a wise amount of very convincing yet visceral fight scenes instead of the usual flashy choreographic routines would be very nice actually).

You know what? Actually I was also thinking that instead of adapting the main story line of their games (which raises a handful of problem in itself), why don't they pick and expand on that those stories that we stumbled upon on those in-game books/references? What comes to my mind earlier was stuffs along the lines of the Alessian revolt, the rise of Tiber Septim, or events pertaining to Nerevar's Battle at the Red Mountain (which led to the betrayal by the Tribunal), but later on I changed my mind and feeling that something of a smaller scale might actually be the better choice after all, since there's naturally much less restriction to get creative with the plot at a much lesser risks of squandering the lore, and by the indications that the devs were intentionally left those events (concerning Tiber Septim and Nerevar's murder) a bit hazy with details on purpose.

As for now, I feel that the schism within the Morag Tong and the rise of the Dark Brotherhood will be particularly delicious to tackle. Labyrinthine web of intrigues (see what I did thurrr), deep and unsettling (sometimes deranged as hell) character studies with a good numbers of dark humor and no nonsense straight to the business brawn 'n' magic actions sprinkled here and there would be noice. Of course, more than a few murder should be involved. And occasional Daedric Lords encounters with a fittingly mystifying arrival scenes. And poisoned apples! Hmm....

Spoiler
The Elder Scrolls:
BLACK HAND

"...What is the color of night?"

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Or they could just focusing their resources and manpower on the developments their next installments of TES instead, which is what I'd much rather to see, to be perfectly honest :intergalactic:

STEVI INQUE

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:04 am

If they did make a movie, I would want a female lead :P

This!
Cheville Thompson

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:15 am

This!

No. Female leads are impossible to take seriously. Unless they're a robot that doesn't get periods and mood swings...
Maria Leon

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:07 am

Benno Fürmann as a dragon slayer with Max von Sydow in a supporting role... Oh wait, http://content9.flixster.com/photo/11/12/88/11128819_gal.jpg

That's http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387541/? Looks great!
Sami Blackburn

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:20 am

No.

EDIT: Hell no. :facepalm: :confused: :shakehead:

^ This
James Shaw

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 am

EDIT: the Mer, the Orcs, and the beast races would look weird i imagine.

I can imagine it now... guy with (clearly visible) plastic ears tapped onto his head, a guy with tons of green face-paint, a cat with clothes on and a lizard with clothes on...
"Skyrim the movie is starring Plastic ears, a random fat guy with facepaint! And Holywoods two most famous actors! A cat and a lizard... out on 11.11.11 (hundred years after Skyrim comes out)
Kerri Lee

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:19 am

Any movie based on the Elder scrolls will be awful, I'd rather not have a movie than a really bad one.

The only way to make a decent Elder scrolls movie would be to do it on the scale of lord of the rings trilogy, but you know people won't invest that much into it.
Silvia Gil

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim