[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #46

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:25 am

Ok another quick question,

Why does my skills exceed 100, when I level up i can put skills past 100 for my tag skills? Is it supposed to be like that?
lauraa

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:35 am

Hello,

I had an interesting experience at The Mall yesterday and am wondering if it is mod-related. In short, I encountered a Behemoth amongst the many super mutants there. It was just running around loose and came and attacked my party when I came out of the metro station arriving at The Mall. I'm wondering if this Behemoth is added by FWE (or possibly MMM)? That is, is it specifically placed there? Or, alternatively, do Behemoths start to spawn amongst super mutants at a particular level (my character was level 9)? I never encountered a Behemoth there in the vanilla game, so I'm thinking it is probably mod-related and the main mods I have that might add it are FWE and MMM. At first I thought I might've hit the random spawn of multiple Behemoths + a Gargantuan from MMM (never seen that, but am hoping to at some point). But, it was only the one.

Thanks!
Melanie

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:29 am

Ok another quick question,

Why does my skills exceed 100, when I level up i can put skills past 100 for my tag skills? Is it supposed to be like that?

AFAIK this is a result of using Darnified UI- Darn supports skill uncap mods. Without said mod it will have no effect and shouldn't show outside of the level up screen. Perhaps this is noticeable with tag skills because with FWE 1 skill point = 2 when tagged.

Hello,

I had an interesting experience at The Mall yesterday and am wondering if it is mod-related. In short, I encountered a Behemoth amongst the many super mutants there. It was just running around loose and came and attacked my party when I came out of the metro station arriving at The Mall. I'm wondering if this Behemoth is added by FWE (or possibly MMM)? That is, is it specifically placed there? Or, alternatively, do Behemoths start to spawn amongst super mutants at a particular level (my character was level 9)? I never encountered a Behemoth there in the vanilla game, so I'm thinking it is probably mod-related and the main mods I have that might add it are FWE and MMM. At first I thought I might've hit the random spawn of multiple Behemoths + a Gargantuan from MMM (never seen that, but am hoping to at some point). But, it was only the one.

Thanks!

This is MMM doing its thing. In your travels your sure to see Gargantuans too... I recently encountered 3! within sight of each other in the mid-NW wasteland (near Sniper Shack) @ lvl 17. I snuck away... :whistling:
Rowena

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 am

Just found the Reservists Rifle and it seems that the unique model was forgotten. At least in my game it looks exactly like the basic Sniper Rifle. Thought I'd mention it in case it hasn't been said before :)
Richard Thompson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 am

>>I encountered a amongst the many super mutants there. <<

Under MMM 5 Behemoth would show quite frequently there, slaying the Brotherhood guards around the Monument. I lured it into chasing me to assist in eliminating a bunch of hostiles nearby. They would shoot at me then as I started to lose serious health, the behemoth, not far behind, began to draw their attention. I had to save and reload sevral times since if I did NOT kill one of the hostiles myself, the quest continuation would not trigger. In one of the battles, the hostiles actually managed to KILL the behemoth as I watched the fun.

In the NEW mmm 6, I have not seen a behmouth and perhaps it is the options settings --I think the default was "behemoth chance to spawn on (currently off) meaning was mistaken for the spawn chance not to occur if on, so I toggled the setting and will see what happens.
Iain Lamb

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 am

Can someone tell us what's going on with the EVE compatibility patch? For some people like me when launching the game with it active the menu simply doesen't show up! I tryed like everything and it still didn't work, someone needs to do a more stable version for that compatibility patch, please!
LADONA

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 am

Loaded latest version of FWE. Get red exclamation points on some characters and in sniper scope. Also have pip boy errors not recognizing "ammo" etc.

Can someone help me find what mesh/texture file might be put in the wrong place by FOMM/?

Thanks
Josh Dagreat

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:50 am

Is there a repair mod out there that takes into consideration all the DLC as well as all the additions provided by FWE? I like being able to repair with more than just another copy of the weapon/armor in question.
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 am

OK, what are overhauls? Not sure what it means by "Mods to load AFTER overhaul & Mods to load BEFORE overhaul" in the list above.

I'm finally putting down MW and dusting off FO3, which I bought when it came out but never played because I was just to
emerged in MW. This MOD, RWE looks very interesting and I want to get started. I have good experience with MW MODS,
and I hope the fundamentals are transferable to FO3.

I have only FO3 and Mini Hideout installed, and I am using FOMM. Oh and it's installed in C:\Program Files (x86)
on W7 Ultimate. Thanks for your advice.

Should I do the latest game patch for FO3 if I wanna use RWE? Iv'e read some not so good things about the patch.
Told not to use if nothings broke. Hmm...
Philip Lyon

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:06 am

Overhauls are large mods that change/add to many areas of the game. FWE qualifies as an overhaul.

You'll make it easier for yourself by installing games that you want to add mods to, or easily fiddle with files, in Win7 outside of \Program Files because UAC will interfere. Install in, say, C:\Games\ to avoid UAC annoyances. Maybe you have disabled UAC and it doesn't matter...?

Definitely install the official 1.7 patch.

@cipher86: FWE implements an completely revised repair repair system... you can make repair kits that can be used on most weapons/armor and power armor repair kits as well. If a kit can't repair something it's likely either an oversight, the item is very special, or it's from another mod.

@RadScorp: Sounds like you may have forgotten to either, install both FWE Master Release 6-0 - Part 1 (190MB) and Part 2 (167MB), or toggle ArchiveInvalidation.
Dan Wright

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 am

Is there a repair mod out there that takes into consideration all the DLC as well as all the additions provided by FWE? I like being able to repair with more than just another copy of the weapon/armor in question.

Huh? Pretty much anything (including some armors and all DLC weapons) can be repaired with repair parts that are made out of scrap metal. Crafted weapons repaired with corresponding components, abraxo cleaners can be used on small guns (and miniguns too). Repair lists in FWE are huge, have you actually tried anything?
lolly13

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:14 am

[
@RadScorp: Sounds like you may have forgotten to either, install both FWE Master Release 6-0 - Part 1 (190MB) and Part 2 (167MB), or toggle ArchiveInvalidation.
[/quote]

Thanks got red of the exclaimation points by running activation or something. Still getting pipboy errors on new items (no Image). Also with ammo and a few other minor issues.

Any ideas? And thanks a lot for your help.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks got red of the exclaimation points by running activation or something. Still getting pipboy errors on new items (no Image). Also with ammo and a few other minor issues.

Any ideas? And thanks a lot for your help.

Hope your using FOMM to install mods... ammo issues indicate a problem with Calibr.

The best resources for understanding/troubleshooting mod installation are usually the Readmes! Go through them slowly and do the steps one at a time. The FWE readme includes good instructions for installing FWE via FOMM. Read FOMM documentation for understanding it... :read: :read:

Be sure that you have the 6.03 FWE update from the Nexus.

https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation
Craig Martin

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 am

Well I installed another mod that fixed the issue with the pip boy and yes I am using FOMM to install and run these. Think I'll have to tweak graphics to a lower detail to get to run properly. I am also reading the readme files to get these to work.
So far so good. Thanks for your help it is much appreciated. Did post to the FWE website on Jan 6th and still have not received a reply. Not much traffic there these days. Hopefully everything is working as designed and again thanks for your help.
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:37 am

When using Fomm to add & install FWE packages, do the FWE zips need to be unzipped into a folder first OR use them zipped???

AND...do you activate one package at a time??? OR both together???
carrie roche

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:07 am

When using Fomm to add & install FWE packages, do the FWE zips need to be unzipped into a folder first OR use them zipped???

AND...do you activate one package at a time??? OR both together???

I always unpack archives so that I can easily poke around first but AFAIK FOMM can make a FOMOD directly from an archive, especially when the archive has a FOMOD script. Install part 1 & 2 one at a time.
CHANONE

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 pm

If this: "Skill books now provide unique perks instead of skill points" was Configurable to either provide unique perks OR do the default of provide skill points, I'd use this mod in a heartbeat
sally R

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:32 am

If this: "Skill books now provide unique perks instead of skill points" was Configurable to either provide unique perks OR do the default of provide skill points, I'd use this mod in a heartbeat

If your at all interested in FWE that's hardly a reason not to use it... skill book changes are ~1% of what FWE does (though I guess it's unfortunate that this is one of the very few things that isn't easily configurable), and If you look into it further you'll find that the unique perks are actually very useful. There are still plenty of skill points to be had.
Saul C

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 am

If your at all interested in FWE that's hardly a reason not to use it... skill book changes are ~1% of what FWE does (though I guess it's unfortunate that this is one of the very few things that isn't easily configurable), and If you look into it further you'll find that the unique perks are actually very useful. There are still plenty of skill points to be had.

I'm talking more of the "Configurable" thing.
I haven't found any info on what the beneficial perks are, but I like my options very open,
the more customizable the better IMHO. :)

Is there a list somewhere that has a listing of the perks?
If they seems reasonable enough I still might give it a try
Ryan Lutz

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Is there a list somewhere that has a listing of the perks?
If they seems reasonable enough I still might give it a try

https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/detailed-changes/01character#TOC-Skill-Advancement

Go to that link and scroll down a little bit, it goes through (in detail) the changes made to vanilla perks by the mod, and then also describes all the skill book perks as well.
Marlo Stanfield

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:13 am

https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/detailed-changes/01character#TOC-Skill-Advancement

Go to that link and scroll down a little bit, it goes through (in detail) the changes made to vanilla perks by the mod, and then also describes all the skill book perks as well.

Stephanie I

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:28 am

So it's: install--->activate---install--->activate NOT install pt1--->install>pt.2--->activate. Thanks!

I always unpack archives so that I can easily poke around first but AFAIK FOMM can make a FOMOD directly from an archive, especially when the archive has a FOMOD script. Install part 1 & 2 one at a time.

Celestine Stardust

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 am

So it's: install--->activate---install--->activate NOT install pt1--->install>pt.2--->activate. Thanks!

Step 1: Make 2 seperate FOMODs- 1 for part 1 and 1 for part 2.

Step 2: In FOMM package manager, activate part 1 then part 2

Step 3: Make sure the FWE .esm, and the FWE ,esp's that apply to your game (ie DLC esp's, etc) are checked in the main FOMM window. Read the readme to see which esp's can be used together!

Step 4: Apply (or toggle off then on, if you've already applied it) ArchiveInvalidation from the "tools" drop down menu.

Done!
Multi Multi

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Don't forget the hot fix 6.0 something I think.
Juan Suarez

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:53 am

All done and I've been playing for several hours. What a contribution to the game. Thanks!

I do notice a small glitch though. Some of the npc's and creatures turn blue sporadically. No big deal but I would like to solve it.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/131721577
Nicole Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3