An Idea of how Vampires and Werewolves Could Have Been Done.

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 am

But they don't blend not because they are ugly they look rather human they don't try and do it because they don't care for human society as you see in dawnguard they only start caring when people start messing with their food and then they simply go out and curbstomp the problem and go back to the castle. They are like gangrel from the world of darkness.

Heck the vampire faction see the dawnguard faction as a side quest their whole main quest line has nothing to do with em either. Lets not forget when it finally comes to killing them its more an "Yeah these guys are getting kinda annoying take care of them will you?"

Oh and harkon says that they are the oldest vampires/clan in skyrim so they are volkihar

Glowing yellow eyes and bat faces look "rather human" to you?

That's one of the major things about these vampires that bothers me. They're so damn inconsistent about these new vampires' aesthetics. Some have bat faces, some look human, some have lighthouses in their heads, others look odd but still rather human, some have lines running down their faces, others don't. It doesn't seem to follow any logical progression. And to top it all off, despite the fact that you clearly don't blend in and everyone should want you dead because you're a vampire and there's an onslaught of vampires attacking villages, nobody really gives a damn. The DLC has no consistency or logic behind it. What the hell happened?
Cathrine Jack

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 am

Glowing yellow eyes and bat faces look "quite human" to you?

That's one of the major things about these vampires that bothers me. They're so damn inconsistent about these new vampires' aesthetics. Some have bat faces, some look human, some have lighthouses in their heads, others look odd but still rather human, some have lines running down their faces, others don't. It doesn't seem to follow any logical progression. And to top it all off, despite the fact that you clearly don't blend in and everyone should want you dead because you're a vampire and there's an onslaught of vampires attacking villages, nobody really gives a damn. The DLC has no consistency or logic behind it. What the hell happened?
Well in a world full of magic and mystical creatures I personally don't think its odd that someone would have glowing eyes I certainly won't think that person is a vampire if we have mages that can summon fire elementals, summon lightning storms and such. Plus from the videos I have seen the vampires that attack towns normally wear hoods.

Heck I am surprised that you don't get arrested for wearing a full set of daedric armor

I do think that bat face and red slit should of been a combo look for stage 4 vampires but that is something I agree that bethesda messed up on. I mean in oblivion you get older and older and then at stage 4 you kinda do look like a monster.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:08 am

Well in a world full of magic and mystical creatures I personally don't think its odd that someone would have glowing eyes I certainly won't think that person is a vampire if we have mages that can summon fire elementals, summon lightning storms and such. Plus from the videos I have seen the vampires that attack towns normally wear hoods.

Heck I am surprised that you don't get arrested for wearing a full set of daedric armor

I do think that bat face and red slit combo should of been what you look like at stage 4 but its something that bethesda messed up on.

I think when your town is repeatedly being savaged by vampires, pretty much all of whom have glowing yellow/orange eyes, it becomes pretty obvious that people with those eyes are vampires, and should be regarded as enemies.
stacy hamilton

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:14 pm

I think when your town is repeatedly being savaged by vampires, pretty much all of whom have glowing yellow/orange eyes, it becomes pretty obvious that people with those eyes are vampires, and should be regarded as enemies.
Maybe their eyes no longer glow when they die? Nah I am kidding around I will concede to that point its one of the reason's why my character will be wearing a hood whenever I enter a town when dawnguard comes out on the PC.

I do think they should of expanded on why some of the them do have bat faces(I like the bat face) and others look normal I always thought thats what the PC would look like at stage 4.

I think what happened is bethesda just thought about what looked really cool without actually thinking about it.(I do like the new vampire eyes)
Cesar Gomez

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Maybe their eyes no longer glow when they die? Nah I am kidding around I will concede to that point its one of the reason's why my character will be wearing a hood whenever I enter a town when dawnguard comes out on the PC.

I do think they should of expanded on why some of the them do have bat faces(I like the bat face) and others look normal I always thought thats what the PC would look like at stage 4.

Based on a lot of things I've heard about Dawnguard so far, it seems that there wasn't a lot of focus, and by that I mean they didn't really make sure all the pieces of the DLC fit together all that well. They added various new looks to the vampires, but didn't bother making sure it made sense. As long as they could go "that looks cool," it went into the game. Thus we can have a person with red lines down his face, a bat face, and glowing eyes walking through town and nobody thinks anything of it, despite the fact they've just been attacked by people who look just like this. Removing hostility was just a baffling move.

The glowing eyes really bother me though, because they're completely stupid when you think about them. Vampires are designed to fight at night. They use the darkness to conceal them and to sneak up on their opponents, so why in the name of Arkay would they have eyes that emit light? It's like Predator using a cloaking device, but wrapping himself in Christmas lights. It gives away their position and destroys their tactical advantage.
Emily Jeffs

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:15 am

@Rel.
well harkon did say you would feel like a lion among sheep :laugh:
Emma Copeland

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

@Rel.
well harkon did say you would feel like a lion among sheep :laugh:
That he did! Honestly I would like it if the guards attacked me sometimes it would give me an excuse to kill them all.
Cesar Gomez

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 am

It doesn't seem to follow any logical progression. And to top it all off, despite the fact that you clearly don't blend in and everyone should want you dead because you're a vampire and there's an onslaught of vampires attacking villages, nobody really gives a damn. The DLC has no consistency or logic behind it. What the hell happened?
The kids who complain about gameplay who don't care about lore and just want to sit in their couch eating cheetos and foaming at the mouth for gameplay would hate it if they got attacked all of the sudden by Bethesda.

Lore and gameplay is different, as obvious. Volkihar can't blend in when they look ugly as sin. Even the face changing woman can recognize you from afar, saying "I don't work on dead flesh."
SiLa

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am

The kids who complain about gameplay who don't care about lore and just want to sit in their couch eating cheetos and foaming at the mouth for gameplay would hate it if they got attacked all of the sudden by Bethesda.

Lore and gameplay is different, as obvious. Volkihar can't blend in when they look ugly as sin. Even the face changing woman can recognize you from afar, saying "I don't work on dead flesh."
Maybe nords are just stupid thats the reason why they don't know your a vampire. :biggrin:
Chloe Lou

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 am

Imagine for a second the incredible strain that a transformation like that puts on your body. You're talking about a complete and total change in your physiology. Your bones shift, possibly break and are mended when placed in their new positions, you muscles expand, you grow entirely new bones, etc. That cannot be a painless and easy process. There's a reason that almost every werewolf movie shows the transformations as being incredibly painful. Now imagine something like that happening continuously within the confines of a few hours. Your heart would probably give out from the stress, as your heart rate is most likely hyper accelerated during this and your feeling all the pain that this transformation puts on your body. It taxes your heart, lungs, and mind, and could very well overload them if done too many times back to back. Your body consumes a lot of energy just powering your ordinary, day to day actions, and I can't imagine it'd find transforming to be easier.

You can only imagine the pain someone would go through during a transformation. The best reaction in my opinion ISN'T American Werewolf it's the British Being Human. George (the werewolf) during his first change his vampire friend talks about the werewolf transformation, saying that he (George) has a heart attack, suffers liver, kidney and stomach failure, the change STOPS all internal organs to the point a human would have died but the curse keeps him alive as all the internal organs shrink (yes shrink but i'd think they'd grow really) then his body has bones begin to snap,twist and reform, his organs start up but on full alert as if he was dying, pain that would kill someone, the curse shuts down the organ which would allow the pain to simmer, so he gets the full force of the pain.

The guy playing the werewolf screams high pitched in agony, as the Vampire guy says "just because he's stopped screaming, doesn't mean the pain his over, his vocal cords have just given up to the point he CAN'T make any more noise" it's look like agony o_o.

But then that change takes a few minutes, transformations like in Skyrim seem more Underworld based, and Raze (the black guy) seems to change without too much fuss. Lucian looks like he's in pain when he does though. But then again Elder Scrolls is none of those. Perhaps, merely perhaps, the body of the Werewolf becomes accustomed to it even somewhat due to the rapid change. As slower depicted changes seem incredibly painful. Except for the Howling the guy looks like he's becomming sixually pleasured by his change (then again he was a creep)

Could something like this result in death if there's something that goes wrong like the heart beating too fast or something?

In Being Human an Old Man Werewolf DID die because his old body couldn't take it. But the curse itself (if it's like it in Elder Scrolls I don't know) FORCES you to stay alive as much as possible.

Probably. I imagine that transforming into a werewolf is probably like running a marathon at a full sprint. You don't feel it in your beast form, likely because your body is producing huge amounts of adrenaline and the drive of your beastblood is keeping you on the move. However, I imagine transforming back and forth over and over would be akin to running a marathon at a full sprint, only to be tazzed and immediately forced to run another, without so much as a 30 second rest. It'd have to be a terrible strain on your body, and your rapidly beating heart could easily be overtaxed and possibly go into cardiac arrest.

That's true, perhaps the Ring of Hircine allows the transformation to be painless. Which is why in Skyrim it allows repeated changes, perhaps.

I always had the though that, if a Werewolf had been a Werewolf long enough, then the body would somehow adapt to the Transformation even to a small percentage. I mean people do train their endurance and pain threshold. But again, do we fully know how the full workings of the Werewolf transformation works in Elder Scrolls, as different canons. Being Human, Van Helsing, Underworld. All seem to have a different approach to the lasting effects and the ware on the body from Werewolf transformations.
Vahpie

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Well transforming into a werewolf is tiring aela even says you have to gather your power before you can transform again so most likely the transformation will take a lot out of you hence why you can only do it once every 24 hours. I think the ring of hircine does make it painless because I think the ring supplies the power to the transformation hence why you can transform whenever you want when you have it.
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 am

Well transforming into a werewolf is tiring aela even says you have to gather your power before you can transform again so most likely the transformation will take a lot out of you hence why you can only do it once every 24 hours. I think the ring of hircine does make it painless because I think the ring supplies the power to the transform hence why you can transform whenever you want when you have it.

Yeah that'd make sense to me. But as for the changing once a day thing, I'd think in terms of pain it's start out painful but as you said it'd wear you out so that's why you may have to feed to stay changed because you body is using up alot of "energy" to stay transformed :). I wish the gorging perk also doubled the amount of time added so 1 minute instead of 30 seconds. But then that WOULD counter the negative of the Savage Feeding perk >.>
Jose ordaz

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:14 am

Well transforming into a werewolf is tiring aela even says you have to gather your power before you can transform again so most likely the transformation will take a lot out of you hence why you can only do it once every 24 hours. I think the ring of hircine does make it painless because I think the ring supplies the power to the transform hence why you can transform whenever you want when you have it.
No even without the ring, when you transform your character is not in pain. I'm sure aela thought that is what you need. How wouldshe know what you are feeling. Maybe that is just aela.
Lady Shocka

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 am

No even without the ring, when you transform your character is not in pain. I'm sure aela thought that is what you need. How wouldshe know what you are feeling. Maybe that is just aela.

The thing is we don't know if they are in pain when they transform. Aela and Skjor both believed that transforming was turning them into something Godlike or something incredible and I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few moments of pain to attain what they see as Hunting Perfection, since you know they can control themselves when changed. :-)
JR Cash

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 am

Yeah that'd make sense to me. But as for the changing once a day thing, I'd think in terms of pain it's start out painful but as you said it'd wear you out so that's why you may have to feed to stay changed because you body is using up alot of "energy" to stay transformed :smile:. I wish the gorging perk also doubled the amount of time added so 1 minute instead of 30 seconds. But then that WOULD counter the negative of the Savage Feeding perk >.>
Yeah I think transforming is one of the things you can get used to over time in TES to the point where transforming does not really bother you anymore anyway the transformation looks both magical and organic.
Kara Payne

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 am

Yeah I think transforming is one of the things you can get used to over time in TES to the point where transforming does not really bother you anymore anyway the transformation looks both magical and organic.

Well maybe not bother you, but sort of like people who can dislocate their shoulder at will, that sort of feeling, not pain but sort of a.

"Yep there goes my Ankle, popping out of place, stretching, and back in it goes" that sort of thing. I'd espect the skull to maybe hurt a little bit even after constant change since, well it's the face.
MARLON JOHNSON

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:43 am

Well maybe not bother you, but sort of like people who can dislocate their shoulder at will, that sort of feeling, not pain but sort of a.

"Yep there goes my Ankle, popping out of place, stretching, and back in it goes" that sort of thing. I'd espect the skull to maybe hurt a little bit even after constant change since, well it's the face.
You've watched too many movies. That sort of thing does not happen in TES because we do not see our bodies in pain after transformation. It takes a few seconds.
Queen Bitch

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:50 am

I wonder if turning into a vampire is painful? I mean you are slowly dying in daggerfall when the disease takes full effect you wake up in a grave I read uriel nocturne character bio about how his character turned into a vampire it may not be canon but it would of been awesome of the transformation was like that.

He described that his character was vomiting blood and became extremely weak as the days went by. I mean harkon even says that he is surprised with your strength and most don't survive being turned by him.

Hmm we don't really know what the actual process is like for a person afflicted with the vampire disease I mean you get a debuff to your hp and stamina(not sure on the stamina).
kennedy

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:20 am

He described that his character was vomiting blood and became extremely weak as the days went by. I mean harkon even says that he is surprised with your strength and most don't survive being turned by him.

Those are some of the symptoms I had my vampire character suffer from as well. Because he kept throwing up blood he wasn't able to travel as quickly as he could before, and he frequently had to stop and rest. Another one was that his eyes dilated more and more until he became a vampire, which made the daytime really bright and painful for him, so he traveled at night. There was also just a general loss of appetite as the disease grew worse, and his ability to hold food down began to diminish.

From my perspective, it wasn't that it took the disease three days to take effect and for him to become a vampire, it just took three days to kill him. And since he was so far away from any towns/temples when he became infected, there was no way he'd be able to get cured before he turned.
Luis Longoria

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Everyone seems conflicted on the werewolves for skyrim. Personally I think you should be able to transform at will but not until you've been one for a long time, also waiting doesn't take away from the countdown till you can do it at will. Forced transformations need to be added big time, but if you wear a silver necklace during a forced transformation it doesn't happen but your stats take a noticeable hit for not turning. The toughened hide is another thing I agree on greatly for them. One massive thing I want chamges more than any other is different types of werewolves i.e. pureblood, normal werewolves, mutts. Of course purebloods would be strongest and it should be shown physically by wolf hair color like silverish gray for pure, black for normal, and brown for a mutt breed. Their builds would also be distinguished for each kind. Being a pureblood should be have a higher difficulty for becoming one. (Make them only wild encounters that have to infect you and the encounters are extremely rare)
Chloe :)

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:22 am

Everyone seems conflicted on the werewolves for skyrim. Personally I think you should be able to transform at will but not until you've been one for a long time, also waiting doesn't take away from the countdown till you can do it at will. Forced transformations need to be added big time, but if you wear a silver necklace during a forced transformation it doesn't happen but your stats take a noticeable hit for not turning. The toughened hide is another thing I agree on greatly for them. One massive thing I want chamges more than any other is different types of werewolves i.e. pureblood, normal werewolves, mutts. Of course purebloods would be strongest and it should be shown physically by wolf hair color like silverish gray for pure, black for normal, and brown for a mutt breed. Their builds would also be distinguished for each kind. Being a pureblood should be have a higher difficulty for becoming one. (Make them only wild encounters that have to infect you and the encounters are extremely rare)
If they ever did purebloods, which I doubt they will, you should have to get it from Hircine himself, but that is just my opinion. Anything else would be a normal werewolf, and I am not sure how you would have a "mutt" werewolf.
noa zarfati

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:17 am

If they ever did purebloods, which I doubt they will, you should have to get it from Hircine himself, but that is just my opinion. Anything else would be a normal werewolf, and I am not sure how you would have a "mutt" werewolf.
Werewolf purebloods already exist in Elder Scrolls.

Aside from the characters I made :tongue:, we heard of one.

Yes, a person can be born with Lycanthropy in Elder Scrolls, I simply avoided saying it too much since people will RP "Born as a werewolf" in the RP threads.
Eileen Collinson

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:38 am

I believe there was a mod that did something like this.
marina

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:16 am

Werewolf purebloods already exist in Elder Scrolls.

Aside from the characters I made :tongue:, we heard of one.

Yes, a person can be born with Lycanthropy in Elder Scrolls, I simply avoided saying it too much since people will RP "Born as a werewolf" in the RP threads.
Besides you characters, who do not really exist in TES lore I have never heard of a pureblood werewolf. Who is this pureblood?
I forgot being born one makes you a pureblood.
Rik Douglas

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 am

Besides you characters, who do not really exist in TES lore I have never heard of a pureblood werewolf. Who is this pureblood?
I forgot being born one makes you a pureblood.
really? you are pulling out the lore card? not everything in the elder scrolls has to have lore behind it.
Michael Russ

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim