An Idea of how Vampires and Werewolves Could Have Been Done.

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 am

-Snip-
Yes. The chest is the first thing to expand. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Physicalities_of_Werewolves book explains it all. It shows how sick and twisted werewolf hunters and scientists can be.

I wonder if count hassildor is a pureblood vamp?
Who knows? I thought about it too. He was turned, along with his wife, but we were never told how, exactly. He embraced his vampirism, and hired the Pale Lady to collect blood for his wife.
JESSE

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Imagine for a second the incredible strain that a transformation like that puts on your body. You're talking about a complete and total change in your physiology. Your bones shift, possibly break and are mended when placed in their new positions, you muscles expand, you grow entirely new bones, etc. That cannot be a painless and easy process. There's a reason that almost every werewolf movie shows the transformations as being incredibly painful. Now imagine something like that happening continuously within the confines of a few hours. Your heart would probably give out from the stress, as your heart rate is most likely hyper accelerated during this and your feeling all the pain that this transformation puts on your body. It taxes your heart, lungs, and mind, and could very well overload them if done too many times back to back. Your body consumes a lot of energy just powering your ordinary, day to day actions, and I can't imagine it'd find transforming to be easier.
Could something like this result in death if there's something that goes wrong like the heart beating too fast or something?
Amy Masters

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 am

-Snip-
Yes. The chest is the first thing to expand. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Physicalities_of_Werewolves book explains it all. It shows how sick and twisted werewolf hunters and scientists can be.
I wonder if count hassildor is a pureblood vamp?
Who knows? I thought about it too. He was turned, along with his wife, but we were never told how, exactly. He embraced his vampirism, and hired the Pale Lady to collect blood for his wife.
No
Confirmation?
Racheal Robertson

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Confirmation?
On some of the loading screens it said count hassildor has been the count of skingrad for centuries and people thought he was a wizard because of it but he was a vampire.
Dina Boudreau

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 am

Well I guess you could be right, I just assumed that Janus and Rona was were infected by a regular Cyrodilic vampire.
NEGRO

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 am

On some of the loading screens it said count hassildor has been the count of skingrad for centuries and people thought he was a wizard because of it but he was a vampire.
It could it mean he was turned. All vampires do not age. Sybille seems to act like Janus as well, using her title as wizard to convince people she lives long because of magic and not vampirism. No one knows how he was turned or why. It was left a mystery.

Jakben calls himself a Lord though. A Lord of Blood or something.
JESSE

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 am

Well guess you could be right, I just assumed that Janus and Rona was were infected by a regular Cyrodilic vampire.
And all this time we assumed the Volkihar lived under the ice ;). This brings about new possibilities.
oliver klosoff

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Could something like this result in death if there's something that goes wrong like the heart beating too fast or something?

Probably.

I imagine that transforming into a werewolf is probably like running a marathon at a full sprint. You don't feel it in your beast form, likely because your body is producing huge amounts of adrenaline and the drive of your beastblood is keeping you on the move. However, I imagine transforming back and forth over and over would be akin to running a marathon at a full sprint, only to be tazzed and immediately forced to run another, without so much as a 30 second rest. It'd have to be a terrible strain on your body, and your rapidly beating heart could easily be overtaxed and possibly go into cardiac arrest.
maya papps

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am

Probably.

I imagine that transforming into a werewolf is probably like running a marathon at a full sprint. You don't feel it in your beast form, likely because your body is producing huge amounts of adrenaline and the drive of your beastblood is keeping you on the move. However, I imagine transforming back and forth over and over would be akin to running a marathon at a full sprint, only to be tazzed and immediately forced to run another, without so much as a 30 second rest. It'd have to be a terrible strain on your body, and your rapidly beating heart could easily be overtaxed and possibly go into cardiac arrest.
I don't think so. In my opinion werewolves are immune to stuff like that, but I do think that their body can become spent after transforming so many times that they can no longer transform. But I doubt Hircine would let his greatest creation be killed by something as weak as cardiac arrest.
Allison C

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Don't know, but I just thought Jakben's dialogue was a bit unique:

"Fool! I am no effete noble! I am a vampire, a Lord of Blood!"

In his journal, it says: "Actually it is night, the night when my second life begins. It will be forever night for me. I have become one of the children of the night, a son to mother wolf and brother to the bat. I am nosferatu, a http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vampire."

First time nosferatu is mentioned in the Elder Scrolls. Also, the spelling "vampyre" which is similar to "Vampyrum" from the manifesto. But does spelling really make a difference? I always thought one was a fancier way of writing it. But it is implied Jakben was bitten or turned in a crypt.

Anyways, there is also a man mentioned in Oblivion named Aluc Ardius= Alucardius=Dracula backwards :P.
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:46 pm

And all this time we assumed the Volkihar lived under the ice :wink:. This brings about new possibilities.
I'm not saying he isn't a pureblood vampire, but now that I think about it, I can't imagine Janus sacrificing a 1000 people or have molag bal [censored] him.
Jonny

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:43 pm

I don't think so. In my opinion werewolves are immune to stuff like that, but I do think that their body can become spent after transforming so many times that they can no longer transform. But I doubt Hircine would let his greatest creation be killed by something as weak as cardiac arrest.
The body would act like that if the werewolf didn't kill a person to sate the bloodlust. If anything, the person turns, kills a person, waked up naked in the forest naked, but otherwise strong.

"Your thirst and hunger for flesh and blood has been sated. You are strenghtened for another night."
priscillaaa

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm not saying he isn't a pureblood vampire, but now that I think about it, I can't imagine Janus sacrificing a 1000 people or have molag bal [censored] him.
There are many ways of becoming a vampire other than being directly affected by Molag Bal or being bitten or scratched by another vampire.
^_^

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 am

There are many ways of becoming a vampire other than being directly affected by Molag Bal or being bitten or scratched by another vampire.
I was talking about him being a pureblood vampire, because if you were bitten or scatched wouldn't you be a halfblood?
Scotties Hottie

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm saying if it's done over and over within a the span of a few hours or even a few minutes, you could probably go into cardiac arrest before you actually finished your transformation. You're obviously vulnerable during your transformation, and if you're forced under that strain again and again and again, there's probably a breaking point where trying to transform wouldn't just fail, it could likely kill you.
Tanya Parra

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 pm

I was talking about him being a pureblood vampire, because if you were bitten or scatched wouldn't you be a halfblood?
Yep. So he's probably not a pureblood.

Though Harkon had to sacrifice a thousand souls for him and his family to be purebloods. For one vampire to be pureblooded, I think the numbers aren't that great. Plus Harkon was a war lord.
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 am

I'm saying if it's done over and over within a the span of a few hours or even a few minutes, you could probably go into cardiac arrest before you actually finished your transformation. You're obviously vulnerable during your transformation, and if you're forced under that strain again and again and again, there's probably a breaking point where trying to transform wouldn't just fail, it could likely kill you.
I like to think that it isn't so much a cardiac arrest, as much as it is you just run out of energy, and die. I just don't think stuff like cardiac arrest and everything exists in TES, but that is just me.
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Even companions cant control there lycantropy completely, Vikas says the call of blood is getting harder to control
Sweet Blighty

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:54 am

Even companions cant control there lycantropy completely, Vikas says the call of blood is getting harder to control
I am pretty sure that means he just feels the urge to transform, and he really wants to transform, not that he does not have control over it.
Life long Observer

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 am

I am pretty sure that means he just feels the urge to transform, and he really wants to transform, not that he does not have control over it.

I think he's also afraid to transform. The beastblood is raging in him, and I think he's worried that if he does give in or is overpowered by it, he may not be able to come back.
Britta Gronkowski

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 am

not if you were bitten by a pureblood maybe a regular one but if you get bit by a pureblood then you probally will be a pureblood vampire also.
Facebook me

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 am

I think he's also afraid to transform. The beastblood is raging in him, and I think he's worried that if he does give in or is overpowered by it, he may not be able to come back.
I didn't get that from his dialogue and Kodlak's journal. I got the impression that after giving up the transformations he started getting the urge to transform more and more, I think he would still have control, it is just the urge to transform, and maybe feed. It is like if I am sitting in the room with a bag of Reese cups, I am dying from the urge to devour the whole bag.
jessica robson

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 am

not if you were bitten by a pureblood maybe a regular one but if you get bit by a pureblood then you probally will be a pureblood vampire also.
No, pureblood means turned or affected directly by Molag Bal. Those bitten by purebloods are halfbreeds. Those bitten by halfbreeds are thin-bloods.
kasia

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 am

I want the option to turn whomever i want instead of a miscellaneous "Gift" quest.
Catherine Harte

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 am

I want the option to turn whomever i want instead of a miscellaneous "Gift" quest.
the gift quest is pointless considering you just end up having to kill them anyway.
MISS KEEP UR

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim