An Idea of how Vampires and Werewolves Could Have Been Done.

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:28 am

I meant they go against the lore when they recieve No sun damage or die from it in skyrim, I forgot to add no.
Oh, then yes I agree they do go against the lore in that regard.
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 pm

How about if Bethesda adds the ability to turn into a werewolf whenever we want plus the one lunar transformation at each full moon. The ring of hircine could just let us control that lunar transformation.

I so wanna do this. A reason why I like the Vampire Lord is that he can change at will.
trisha punch

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 am

If vampires go against the lore then werewolves can too.
katie TWAVA

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am

If vampires go against the lore then werewolves can too.
Yes they can, but they shouldn't since they have gone against their lore enough as it is.
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 am

I don't quite like this going against lore promotion. They went against lore for vampires, and look what we got. We got terrible vampires.
gandalf

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Yes they can, but they shouldn't since they have gone against their lore enough as it is.
Every tes game they introduce new versions of vampires and werewolves.
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Yes, one of the books I read
said werebears were the most common lycanthrope in Skyrim and to ward them off jazbay graqe juice needed to be smeared on trees.
James Potter

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

I freaking hate the Volkihar. Except Serana.
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:24 am

I know that, but that is because they add lore behind it, like with Bloodmoon's werewolves. But they did go against the lore with Skyrim's vampires when they gave them the same way of feeding as the Cyrodiilic vampires, when they are not like that. And Skyrim's werewolves are somewhat wrong because only the Companions are the special strain that have no lunar transformations, the fact that they added wild werewolves, but no way of contracting the disease from them goes against the lore.
Marina Leigh

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:08 am

And they keep getting worse and worse.

Bethesda may not be lazy when it comes to making an open game world, but when it comes to game mechanics they really are. They can't even keep to their own lore. If they won't keep to it they might as well get rid of it.
Matthew Warren

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 am

Maybe add that "toughened hide" from the original prototype Werewolf perk tree to increase werewolf damage resistance.
That is what I have been saying. I'm still wondering why they didn't include that.
kirsty williams

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 am

I freaking hate the Volkihar. Except Serana.
I hate the order. Long live Volkihar! :biggrin:

ontopic:Right now I think bethesda is going to add the weakned to sunlight to all vampire clans because whats been happening is that they are making werewolves and vampires more accessible but in my opinion they are doing it the wrong way.
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:10 pm

I hate the order. Long live Volkihar! :biggrin:
I'm more partial to the Whet-Fang myself :P
gary lee

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 am

I know that, but that is because they add lore behind it, like with Bloodmoon's werewolves. But they did go against the lore with Skyrim's vampires when they gave them the same way of feeding as the Cyrodiilic vampires, when they are not like that. And Skyrim's werewolves are somewhat wrong because only the Companions are the special strain that have no lunar transformations, the fact that they added wild werewolves, but no way of contracting the disease from them goes against the lore.
Well maybe they can add the ability to transform whenever you want and add lore to explain this.
Je suis

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 am

Well maybe they can add the ability to transform whenever you want and add lore to explain this.
But werewolves should not be like that, they should have the ability to change at will twice a day, and then have forced lunar transformations. Adding the ability to transform at will would be them just trying to make the game easier. If you want to transform whenever, then as I said get the Ring of Hircine.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 am

Adding lore isn't really a problem as long as it doesn't break current lore. Bethesda is currently breaking their own lore.

There really is no reason for them to add the ability to transform anytime you want, when there's a ring that already does this.
sally coker

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 am

And they keep getting worse and worse.

Bethesda may not be lazy when it comes to making an open game world, but when it comes to game mechanics they really are. They can't even keep to their own lore. If they won't keep to it they might as well get rid of it.
Yes, like the most common lycanthrope in Skyrim are werebears like in this book.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/lycanthropy
natalie mccormick

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 am

But werewolves should not be like that, they should have the ability to change at will twice a day, and then have forced lunar transformations. Adding the ability to transform at will would be them just trying to make the game easier. If you want to transform whenever, then as I said get the Ring of Hircine.
Why not just have two different types of lycanthropy? For people who want to control their transformations they can just keep the Companions strain. But for players who want forced lunar transformations we should be able to get the disease from wild werewolves and as a bonus we get more buffs, while the companions don't?
Saul C

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 pm

Why not just have two different types of lycanthropy? For people who want to control their transformations they can just keep the Companions strain. But for players who want forced lunar transformations we should be able to get the disease for wild werewolves and as a bonus we get more buffs, while the companions don't?
I like this idea as I said this is how they should be balancing the gameplay with lore.
OJY

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 am

I would love to have forced lunar transformations rather than manually transform myself every night. I think it's a brilliant idea since I would love downsides as well to go with the upsides, then it would have the blessing/curse idea going on.

I'd love it too, but just on a full moon and only when your in the moon light, that's how it's spose to work. And without warning ( personal preference ), you could be in the middle of a quest and if caught in the light of the full moon you change, there's the curse side. Many will complain about not getting warnings but it's not that hard to track the moon phases, their both full on the 26th of every month( still in the process of mapping phases and positions ) so there's your visual cue, when the moon is 3/4 full that means you have a day or two before the moons full.
Sarah Kim

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Skyrim is already easy with it being dumb-downed because of less skills and enimies not leveling to your level.
Carlos Rojas

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:49 am

Why not just have two different types of lycanthropy? For people who want to control their transformations they can just keep the Companions strain. But for players who want forced lunar transformations we should be able to get the disease from wild werewolves and as a bonus we get more buffs, while the companions don't?
This is what I have been saying since I found out about there being no wild werewolves, or the ability to be infected outside of the Companions.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Skyrim is already easy with it being dumb-downed because of less skills and enimies not leveling to your level.
I know, and it doesn't need to be dumbed down anymore.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 am

The second one wasn't really dumbing down. Bethesda wanted to make you feel powerful. Well, you can't do that if you're having trouble taking out a bandit that's at your level. The point of getting higher level is to become over powered. I think enemies do stop leveling too early though. It should have been cut off maybe mid 60s. But, then they would have to rework magic to fit the new levels, and magic is already screwed up in this game.
Zosia Cetnar

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 am

I like this idea as I said this is how they should be balancing the gameplay with lore.

Right, they could have kept the special Companions strain where you can change at will and build lore for the companions like they did. But also stick to their original lore by adding wild werewolves that can infect you with the lore friendly lycanthropy.
SEXY QUEEN

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim