An Idea of how Vampires and Werewolves Could Have Been Done.

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 am

There is no way you can tell me the magic in Skyrim is good game design. WWs and vampires are an extra, but I'd rather them not be there if they won't give them the attention they deserve. If you're not going to do something with the effort it deserves, then don't do it at all.

It's like I said, the game industry needs to show more responsibility.

Yes, the magic is good if used right. Blasting a guy with a lightning beam thing that makes you think "is this skyrim or Dragonball Z" is strangely satisfying. I've used alot of magic when i got bored of hitting someone with a sword. And it is fun, I had immense fun. And unlike you I welcome every chance to be a Werewolf or a Vampire.... well A Werewolf, because there are few games that allow it as they're normally "the enemy" "the boss fight" to become that creature from myth, from movies, from horror stories to become "the enemy" is a wonderful feeling. Atleast to me, and I thank God and the days of which I am alive that I can have the thrill to do so.

My grandfather played Skyrim, and he thought it was one of the greatest inventions and greatest ideas since Colour Television and cordless remote controls, sure, he knew nothing about the lore, and he didn't care, now I know you all care about the lore, now when he first saw Farkas turn into a Werewolf, he thought it was great, when he became a Werewolf he loved it. Since he loved the movie The Wolfman from 1932 and Dracula, and from there he LOVED Werewolves and Vampires, and would get anything he could about them, movies, books, anything, now this may seem off topic and it is.

But the enjoyment of becomming something to have control of something you love so dear, should be one of the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Now I went off on a tangent, and I've apologised alot on this thread, but again I'm sorry, I'm sorry some of you think something shouldn't be added if it isn't how it's written to be or how it should be, perhaps just having the thrill of becomming it isn't good enough anymore for some. Now I've watch a few Lets plays of Bloodmoon, and it always seemed the people went to the time to transform JUST to be Werewolf not because of anything else just to have the thrill of becomming this beast.

So Again. I'm sorry.

If no one wants me to comment anymore on this thread, because they think I'm being rude and my comments are rubbish. I'll stop.

But when Dawnguard comes out and believe me I'm counting the days and the hours. I'm starting again, so I can fill my lust, my urges and desires to be this enhanced upgraded Beast.
Sam Parker

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:07 pm

I freaking hate the Volkihar. Except Serana and fura bloodmouth.
fixed.
Hot

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 am

I do agree that vampires should get stronger the more people they feed on but not about the werewolves.
Ana

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 pm

WWs and vampires are an extra, but I'd rather them not be there if they won't give them the attention they deserve. If you're not going to do something with the effort it deserves, then don't do it at all.

But they are getting attention. Maybe not the full attention we need, but a perk tree and a Vampire Lord form are pretty big additions to them. I don't think Bethesda will just leave them be at that, I think they'll keep adding to them like they have other aspects of the game.

People will look at an aspect of the game and single it out for every single flaw and imperfection, such as destruction magic, without looking at the bigger picture.

As a Warrior, do I run around naked with just my sword? No, I use a shield and armor and other tools at my disposal. A mage should be no different, conjuring up things, using illusion and alteration.

I think if we're all mild-mannered and respectful with our input, we will see the changes we want happen. Hasn't it happened before with Bethesda?
quinnnn

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm

I do agree that vampires should get stronger the more people they feed on but not about the werewolves.
That didn't make sense, what did you mean about werewolves? And the Volkihar should feed to get stronger, rather than have the feeding mechanics they have now.
Sophie Payne

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:41 pm

That didn't make sense, what did you mean about werewolves? And the Volkihar should feed to get stronger, rather than have the feeding mechanics they have now.
he thinks werewolves should be able to transform whenever.
Milad Hajipour

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 am

But they are getting attention. Maybe not the full attention we need, but a perk tree and a Vampire Lord form are pretty big additions to them. I don't think Bethesda will just leave them be at that, I think they'll keep adding to them like they have other aspects of the game.

People will look at an aspect of the game and single it out for every single flaw and imperfection, such as destruction magic, without looking at the bigger picture.

As a Warrior, do I run around naked with just my sword? No, I use a shield and armor and other tools at my disposal. A mage should be no different, conjuring up things, using illusion and alteration.

I think if we're all mild-mannered and respectful with our input, we will see the changes we want happen. Hasn't it happened before with Bethesda?

I agree with you.

I think alot of us have become overly attached and negatively emotional. Bethesda is one of the companies that seems to genuinely fix something that is broken.

Others just don't care anymore, and i think we're taking it for granted to a point. Other companies just don't seem to care once a game is out that's it they leave it.

and you are right Bethesda have been adding to them pinch by pinch like the rest of the game, there is just more than what is wanted by us. Many people have wants about the game some probabily out weigh others.
sally coker

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 am

Anyways, since you like your werewolf armor improvement, you can celebrate. I knew from the start you never gave a rat's [censored here] about lore, just gameplay.

Not insulting you, just pointing it out. Lore for some of us matters. We can't connect to our characters as much as we would if lore was correct.
Ells

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:04 am

Yes, the magic is good if used right. Blasting a guy with a lightning beam thing that makes you think "is this skyrim or Dragonball Z" is strangely satisfying. I've used alot of magic when i got bored of hitting someone with a sword. And it is fun, I had immense fun. And unlike you I welcome every chance to be a Werewolf or a Vampire.... well A Werewolf, because there are few games that allow it as they're normally "the enemy" "the boss fight" to become that creature from myth, from movies, from horror stories to become "the enemy" is a wonderful feeling. Atleast to me, and I thank God and the days of which I am alive that I can have the thrill to do so.

My grandfather played Skyrim, and he thought it was one of the greatest inventions and greatest ideas since Colour Television and cordless remote controls, sure, he knew nothing about the lore, and he didn't care, now I know you all care about the lore, now when he first saw Farkas turn into a Werewolf, he thought it was great, when he became a Werewolf he loved it. Since he loved the movie The Wolfman from 1932 and Dracula, and from there he LOVED Werewolves and Vampires, and would get anything he could about them, movies, books, anything, now this may seem off topic and it is.

But the enjoyment of becomming something to have control of something you love so dear, should be one of the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Now I went off on a tangent, and I've apologised alot on this thread, but again I'm sorry, I'm sorry some of you think something shouldn't be added if it isn't how it's written to be or how it should be, perhaps just having the thrill of becomming it isn't good enough anymore for some. Now I've watch a few Lets plays of Bloodmoon, and it always seemed the people went to the time to transform JUST to be Werewolf not because of anything else just to have the thrill of becomming this beast.

So Again. I'm sorry.

If no one wants me to comment anymore on this thread, because they think I'm being rude and my comments are rubbish. I'll stop.

But when Dawnguard comes out and believe me I'm counting the days and the hours. I'm starting again, so I can fill my lust, my urges and desires to be this enhanced upgraded Beast.
Of course you can continue posting. Your posts are welcome as long as they obey forum rules. You don't have to apologize either.
barbara belmonte

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 am

Anyways, since you like your werewolf armor improvement, you can celebrate. I knew from the start you never gave a rat's [censored here] about lore, just gameplay.

Not insulting you, just pointing it out. Lore for some of us matters. We can't connect to our characters as much as we would if lore was correct.

I knew someone would react like this, and I knew it'd probabily be you. I'm not trying to get one anyone bad side, it would seem that's failed.

I know you care about the Lore, I do too, definately not as much as you though. But I think we're all getting too emotional about this. There is much more to the game than just Vampires and Werewolves, so they will possibly get fixed, who knows when. Maybe when other problems are fixed. But if we get too emotional and start demaning this like we think it's our god given right, chances are we won't get it.

If we're civil we might. And sure I LOVE gameplay, it's what draws me into a game and I evolve from there. I bought Skyrim to be a Werewolf, like I got Deus Ex Human Revolution SOLELY because there was a Double Barrel Shotgun and a Magnum Revolver in it, and from there my love for both games grew into the world around it and it's history.

So you're wrong I do care about lore, lore is important to a world because without lore which binds the abilities and limits to a creature seen before, then you can go out of control. like having 30 foot fire breathing Werewolves. That wouldn't work which is why i think Lore is important.
Evaa

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 am

Of course you can continue posting. Your posts are welcome as long as they obey forum rules. You don't have to apologize either.

I always feel like I need to apologise because I always seem to be pissing someone off. Which I don't want to do.

I'd like for us all to have a civil, well mannered chat about improvements, and how even simple changes could make so much difference and bring something closer to what we want it to be.
cheryl wright

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 pm

he thinks werewolves should be able to transform whenever.
I know about that, but he already has that ability if he uses the Ring of Hircine. Werewolves should not have this ability naturally because it renders the ring useless. We just need Bethesda to add in the normal Lycanthropy from Daggerfall and then the debate about werewolves will be over. Vampires, that is a whole different ballpark.
Travis

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am

I knew someone would react like this, and I knew it'd probabily be you. I'm not trying to get one anyone bad side, it would seem that's failed.

I know you care about the Lore, I do too, definately not as much as you though. But I think we're all getting too emotional about this. There is much more to the game than just Vampires and Werewolves, so they will possibly get fixed, who knows when. Maybe when other problems are fixed. But if we get too emotional and start demaning this like we think it's our god given right, chances are we won't get it.

If we're civil we might. And sure I LOVE gameplay, it's what draws me into a game and I evolve from there. I bought Skyrim to be a Werewolf, like I got Deus Ex Human Revolution SOLELY because there was a Double Barrel Shotgun and a Magnum Revolver in it, and from there my love for both games grew into the world around it and it's history.

Well, everything else in the game do not matter. I'm not flaming you, and this isn't my bad side. In some areas we do come to certain agreements. I don't think there is more to the game than just vampires and werewolves, because I believe everything else is crap, and some of this crap serves to enhance my werewolf and vampire experience. I love gameplay too! I played Halo just to be the Arbiter to kill humans. Same for Resistance series, and Destroy All Humans, and other games. I bought Skyrim because I love the Elder Scrolls and vampires were confirmed to make a return. While I truly love the gameplay experience, it sort of contradicts what my characters were made to be in the first place.
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 am

Vampire Lord form does nothing to improve on the base vampire form. What many of us are asking for are improvements to the base vampire.
Ray

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I always feel like I need to apologise because I always seem to be pissing someone off. Which I don't want to do. I'd like for us all to have a civil, well mannered chat about improvements, and how even simple changes could make so much difference and bring something closer to what we want it to be.
You'll undoubtedly piss someone off. I've probably pissed a lot of people off during my time on these forums. Just speak your mind, and obey forum rules (sometimes they may conflict). You're not pissing me off. I understand exactly where you're coming from. Don't try to please everybody, though, as that is an impossible task.
D IV

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I know about that, but he already has that ability if he uses the Ring of Hircine. Werewolves should not have this ability naturally because it renders the ring useless. We just need Bethesda to add in the normal Lycanthropy from Daggerfall and then the debate about werewolves will be over. Vampires, that is a whole different ballpark.
Werewolves should have the ability naturally and who cares if it makes the ring useless. Bethesda could just replace the ring with another artifact.
Guy Pearce

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:43 pm

Well, everything else in the game do not matter. I'm not flaming you, and this isn't my bad side. In some areas we do come to certain agreements. I don't think there is more to the game than just vampires and werewolves, because I believe everything else is crap, and some of this crap serves to enhance my werewolf and vampire experience. I love gameplay too! I played Halo just to be the Arbiter to kill humans. Same for Resistance series, and Destroy All Humans, and other games. I bought Skyrim because I love the Elder Scrolls and vampires were confirmed to make a return. While I truly love the gameplay experience, it sort of contradicts what my characters were made to be in the first place.

Well is there no middle ground where you can say "well it's not totally how it should be, but "this" (something) does make up for it?" I mean, I know not getting Lycanthropy from wild werewolves and no lunar changes is a pain to you a others, and I can understand it's in ALL fiction and myth that THAT'S how to get Lycanthropy, but again it's early days Bethesda could still add it. But again could Werewolves before summon 2 spiritual Werewolves to help you in kicking the tush of prey?

Now I know some people want additions to the base form. So I had a thought similar to what Rel was thinking with perks. What if the base form has a "Lycanthropy" perk tree, which both increased the power of the "Beast form" be it Wolf, Bear, Bore, Vulture, Matt Damon or some other abomination of science and nature, AND the Default form. like
"increase damage by 10" "natural damage resistance increased by 20" "attacking speed increased" things like that. in both forms, it would be increased the same as The Werewolf perk tree except you'd use it while in human form, and would like the Werewolf perk tree just be used alone uneffecting other perks.

Bethesda admittedly haven't perfected the things people love. But they have been adding to them, wouldn't other companies just leave it till the next game?

Bethesda aren't that bad as far as listening to fans go.

Vampire Lord form does nothing to improve on the base vampire form. What many of us are asking for are improvements to the base vampire.

Give them time, they might.... they might NOT but they might.
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Werewolves should have the ability naturally and who cares if it makes the ring useless. Bethesda could just replace the ring with another artifact.
:facepalm: Why would a werewolf be able to transform at will whenever? They are not Lycans from Underworld, plus Aela says, " You'll need to build up your strength before you can call on the beast again." So a werewolves cannot transform whenever they want unless they have the Ring of Hircine.
Smokey

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 am

Well the ring allows unlimited transformations, and going from a sort of in character point of view, without magical aid and doing it "by will" as with the guy in the book said when he tortured Werewolves, going back and forth did seem to take it's tole on the Werewolf in question. So going back and forth would make you shattered (british phrase for knackered or exhausted) So the ring would allow effortless multy changes. if not then, give the ring an altered ability, maybe increase Werewolf damage defense, and other stuff if worn while transforming.

:facepalm: Why would a werewolf be able to transform at will whenever? They are not Lycans from Underworld, plus Aela says, " You'll need to build up your strength before you can call on the beast again." So a werewolves cannot transform whenever they want unless they have the Ring of Hircine.

There was I think a nord woman Werewolf who did transform back and forth at will, mentioned in a book but it really exhausted her. Then the guy writing the book tortured her to death.... or it might have been a Redgaurd male Werewolf
Dalley hussain

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm

well you want werewolves to have lunar transformations. They are not werewolves from an american werewolf in london. So what if aela says that they are the companions.
keri seymour

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 am

well you want werewolves to have lunar transformations. They are not werewolves from an american werewolf in london. So what if aela says that they are the companions.

True, but the Full Moon aspect of the Werewolf mythology has been around for decades, and Werewolves of myth have been connected to the moon for centuries.
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 am

Well the ring allows unlimited transformations, and going from a sort of in character point of view, without magical aid and doing it "by will" as with the guy in the book said when he tortured Werewolves, going back and forth did seem to take it's tole on the Werewolf in question. So going back and forth would make you shattered (british phrase for knackered or exhausted) So the ring would allow effortless multy changes. if not then, give the ring an altered ability, maybe increase Werewolf damage defense, and other stuff if worn while transforming.

There was I think a nord woman Werewolf who did transform back and forth at will, mentioned in a book but it really exhausted her. Then the guy writing the book tortured her to death.... or it might have been a Redgaurd male Werewolf
Exactly, a werewolf cannot change back and forth at will without it taking its tole on them, unless they have the ring.
Yes the werewolves from TES are supposed to have lunar transformations, they didn't in Skyrim because the Companions are a special strain.
Richard Thompson

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Exactly, a werewolf cannot change back and forth at will without it taking its tole on them, unless they have the ring.

Yes the werewolves from TES are supposed to have lunar transformations, they didn't in Skyrim because the Companions are a special strain.

Putting it into perspective, it makes sense as to why you never see a fat Werewolf maybe changing back and forth REALLY burns the calories. And yeah Companions have a special strain.
El Goose

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

You never played Daggerfall, did you? It is obvious you simply played Skyrim without paying any attention to established lore, and then you seek to defend your limited knowledge against us, who already have been around.

Again, I will say this nicely, do some research, friend. We all had to broaden our knowledge one time.
Queen Bitch

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Putting it into perspective, it makes sense as to why you never see a fat Werewolf maybe changing back and forth REALLY burns the calories. And yeah Companions have a special strain.
Not to mention the pain you go through as your body changes from human to beast, honestly if I could change as many times as I wanted, and whenever I don't think I would because of the pain.
Nicole Elocin

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim