ImmortalBlood Timeline (HR Sign up)

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:55 am

Hello Roleplayers.

If you intend to send a character sheet to ImmortalBlood for approval, please post it here instead.
Sammie LM

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:41 am

Just so you all know it isn't first come first serve. I'm going to use my best judgement and advice from others as well.

Everyone is welcome!
Gracie Dugdale

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:55 pm

I guess I should explain this slightly more in depth. I don't so much care what characters you bring in although it is good to discuss it a bit, as much as I care about what exactly you're going to rule, or what you want to do if you aren't going for the politics/war aspect.

For example one of my characters Varulae is one of the court sorceresses of Elysana. Another character I have is the Marshall of the Armies, a young Breto-Imperial noble in charge of the Wayrest military. If can be as simple as that or post a character sheet.
Steve Bates

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 am

I may not post mine until Monday or Tuesday even, i have to draw up a map of my main settlement, finish my forces, and bring a few character ideas to life.
Roddy

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:49 am

Well do you know what you want? From the map it looked like you'd take Ganuvadon.
Sammi Jones

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 am

Gauvadon presents a problem, I am trying to decide whether I have conquered it, made an alliance, or if it peacefully became part of my lands, or, i simply change my boundaries.
Rachyroo

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:03 am

Well if we use the map I posted it up its within the territory.
Mandy Muir

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Would you be fine if I had Gauvadon and Aleine then?

But since the time of the map, many residents of Gauvadon leaving for Aleine?
MR.BIGG

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 am

What map are you using for Aleine?
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 am

I will be using the map you provided.
ezra

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:58 am

Alright, in accordance with the prearrangement W00tz and I had (assuming you're still up for it, W00tz), I will definitely be playing a courier for Gauvadon's lord. And I'm passionate about Medieval history, so I most definitely would like to play a field marshal somewhere along the way, or maybe a minor noble- but only once I'm sure I've got a good enough feel for the setting. I've got spring break this week, so I know I've got plenty of time.
STEVI INQUE

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 pm

I say Gauvadon will by now have become a "White dot", with a chunk of its populace having moved away.

Once Tom gets a good feeling for the Roleplay he can become the Minor Lord of Gauvadon.
Alex [AK]

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 am

Let's leave the dots alone just to save confusion. Where is Alaine btw?
kat no x

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 am

*Aleine

South of Gauvadon, east of Wayrest.
suniti

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:22 am

Hey, IB - if the results of SoS are being left murky, who are we assuming is crowned Emperor? Or is the Elder Council still trying to run things in absentia?

As for my character, I'm planning to take the leader of Karthwasten, if that's alright with you. I'll put up a sheet later.
Penny Courture

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:33 am

Elder Council is running things so to speak.

If you can point to it on the map I have in the RP, you can have it. I can't find it.
Danielle Brown

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:17 am

It's there. Right by Dragon Grove. An orange dot.
Emilie Joseph

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:21 pm

It's there. Right by Dragon Grove. An orange dot.

Oh in Skyrim, as a Nord? Alright.
Ally Chimienti

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Is Aleine a small town, or a manor?

And, the character 'sheet':

Name: Henry Clavet
Race: Breton
Appearance: Henry is short for his age, and has very slight traces of Nordic blood in his appearance. His light brown hair reaches halfway down his neck, hanging loosely, and his nose is slightly bent to the left side, a sign of it having been broken multiple times. His beady green eyes are set below thin eyebrows. His clothes are made of rough cotton and leather, weathered from frequent travel.
Occupation: Courier (this will be more detailed once I have more information on W00tz's lordship.)
Anthony Santillan

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:25 am

Im just making sure the position of Lord of Farrun and her lands isn't taken, not that I think it would be.

Now the task of actually making up info for this bloody place.... <_<
Mélida Brunet

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:04 am

I just want people to use the settlements on the map so we know where everything is.
john palmer

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:59 pm

I just want people to use the settlements on the map so we know where everything is.

Of course.

And just a quick question on character sheets: Are they supposed to include a faction sheet describing the basics of the my lands?
Kathryn Medows

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:16 am

If you want. I'm giving people complete freedom on how they make their sheets.
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:08 am

I'm debating whether to give my little band a name, and whether they should be mercenaries or just highwaymen.

their names are:
Brutus Octavian
Roland De Mestal
Gaius Vernardi
and Arielle "Augie" Augustus.

anybody have a little stretch of poorly policed road somewhere in their lands? haha.
barbara belmonte

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:21 am

Im just making sure the position of Lord of Farrun and her lands isn't taken, not that I think it would be.

Now the task of actually making up info for this bloody place.... <_<

Actually, he he... I have a minor character in charge of the place, as it was assimilated by the Nords. Although the guy is a recent Duke, so it's a matter of changing several lines... if you want to be on the Nords' side. If not, well, PM me or something.

Anyway, my guys.

Main Character Sheet

Name: Manfred Flyte
Race: Breton (Anticlerian of birth)
Birthsign: The Steed

Physical Description: Manfred was always a fit man. Standing five feet five inches tall, he might be considered short by some, his muscle makes up for it. His strong, scarred arms reach down almost to his knees, which can sometimes give him the appearance of an oddly looking brute. His legs are muscular as well, and well-toned in proportion of the rest of the body (save for the fact they are rather short). Manfred's face is rather crude, furrowed with numerous untimely wrinkles and marks from past battles, the most notable of which is the fact that the tip of his slightly snub, small nose is gone, taken by a Dremora's sword. His medium-sized eyes of steel-grey colour are low in his face compared to his nose, thus he has a high brow. Above the thin, straight line which is his lips hangs a lush deep black moustache. Manfred's face is framed by very long, lush black hair that flow down on his shoulders, usually almost totally covering them.

History: Son of Lord Auberon Flyte, and heir to the title of Lord of Anticlere, Manfred had an unsurprisingly lavish childhood. He was somewhat forced into a friendship with Meniel d'Malvousin, the son of the Magister of the Knights of the Flame at the time, Chatelle d'Malvousin; this was done in order to ensure that the loyalty of the Knights of the Flame to Lord Flyte continued, since the Knights went with their Magister, and it was hoped that the Magister would not move against his childhood friend.

When Lord Auberon Flyte died in 3E 330 (at the time Auberon was 57), and Chatelle d'Malvousin committed ritual suicide, the Lorddom of Anticlere passed on to Manfred Flyte, and the leadership of the Knights of the Flame passed on to Meniel d'Malvousin. Manfred, after many difficulties, held Anticlere against the Daedric Hordes, and led it into the troubled 4th Era; he refrained from outer dealings, concentrating on stabilizing the Lorddom after the damage left by the Invasion. During this time, he married d'Malvousin's sister, Joan d'Malvousin, as a sign of great friendship, tying the two families. Joan gave birth to a fine son, who Manfred named Auberon in honour of his father.

With his family line somewhat secure, Manfred decided it was time to march out as an ally of Wayrest to the siege of Sentinel, an action which he was contemplating ever since the siege began. This action, however, did not go completely according to plan, as Manfred was captured. However, he somewhat befriended High King Haroun during his captivity, training the Ra Gada troops along with the rest of the Anticlerians that shared his fate.

Following the Battle of Lainlyn Forest, and the establishment of Sentinel as an independent nation, Manfred returned to Anticlere. The land was being ravaged by a three-side civil war, with none of the sides willing to see him return; however, despite the efforts, Manfred managed to convince the majority of the troops sent to stop him to join his side, and has reclaimed his capital, triggering a series of uprisings within the other cities.

The rest of the Anticlerian army swiftly flocked to the Flyte banner following these events; the civil war was swiftly over, although Meniel still remains free, having fled to Shalgora with a handful of men to try and assemble an army to claim Anticlere. Just how much a threat he is remains to be seen, however it is highly unlikely the former Magister could pose much of a threat to Manfred, who now firmly sat upon the throne of Anticlere, having called immediate elections to replace the entire Council of Nobles.

Weapons: A large, pitch black colovian highlander axe, wielded in both hands.
Armor: Manfred sports a richly silver-encrusted steel plate, with the lack of a helmet. Upon his oval shield, which can be strapped to his hand with two black leather straps, he proudly displays the Flyte family coat of arms - a dark green snake wrapping around a snow-white lily, on a background of deep grey.

Misc. Items: On his neck, Manfred always wears a small silver chain, from which hangs a small silver locket with a lily carved onto its lid. The locket is always locked, and the key to it Manfred keeps with himself at all times.

Companions: Wilfred du Lombard, 27-years-old Breton Male, Champion of Lord Flyte of Anticlere and the Magister of the Knights of the Restored Flame. Wilfred is a young and optimistic man, hailing from one of the few families of nobility that own land outside of the cities. Having been counted amongst the best of the Knights of the Flame previously, he is a skilled warrior, both on horseback and on foot.

Charles d'Artagnan, 44-years-old Breton Male, Admiral of the Anticlerian Navy. Charles hails from one of the many noble families that have their roots in the cities, which ensures good education and a practical thinking. Although he may not be the best admiral, Charles knows how to go about his duties with competence, and although secretly he'd prefer a life of a merchant to service in the Navy, this wish ensures that he defends the trade routes of Anticlere with fierce determination.

Faction Sheet

Faction Name: The Lorddom of Anticlere (13420)

Wilfred du Lombard- Champion of Flyte of Anticlere, Magister of the Knights of the Restored Flame

Knights of the Restored Flame (20)- The twenty men that have been taken prisoners in the Outremer along with Manfred himself and Wilfred, they're the new knightly order of Anticlere, intended to replace the old Knights of the Flame that have followed Meniel in the civil war. Their functions are exactly the same as those of the old Knights, although their prowess with melee weapons is not as impressive (something that Wilfred is looking to fix). They wear mixtures of Ra Gada clothing and armor, and employ arbalests, their old weapons, along with scimitars of Ra Gada design.

Anticlerian Infantry (4000)- Given that Anticlere is a rather rich province, its infantry represents that by being finely equipped. The men have knee-long chainmails, their limbs are covered by iron plate armor, and they wear Burgonet helmets. Each man carries approximately thirty steel bolts, a crossbow, and a steel longsword, along with a small round steel shield. For every hundred of these men, there is a standard bearer with the Flyte Family Coat of Arms.

Anticlerian Arbalesters (5400)- Those men are of poorer standing in the society than the Infantrymen. They all wear knee-long chainmail, along Burgonet helmets. They use powerful arbalests as their primary weapons, each carrying a quiver of thirty steel-tipped bolts, and have large man-sized pavise shields to hide behind while reloading, which are carried on their backs. Each has either a mace, an axe or a shortsword of some sort for close quarters.

Anticlerian Light Cavalry (2100)- Mounted on simple horses that were not bred for war but rather for fields, these men are rich enough to afford a horse, and serve as skirmishers and general light cavalry. Each wears a padded leather cuirass and a leather skull cap, and carries either two javelins and a mace, an axe, or a sword, or a bow, forty steel arrows, and an iron-tipped spear.

Anticlerian Heavy Cavalry (1900)- Those are the richest (besides the nobles) of the society who, while not nobles, can afford sturdy horses more fit for war than those of the light cavalry. They wear knee-long chainmail and iron plate armor on their limbs, along with a Burgonet helmet. Each carries an iron-tipped lance, and a mace, a sword or an axe for close quarters. For every hundred of these men, there is a standard bearer who carries the Flyte Family Coat of Arms.

Main Character Sheet

Name: Rurik (pronounced Rhou-rek) Far-Stride (alternatively known as the Great North Bear to the Bretons and Dunmer)

Race: Nord (Solitudian)

Birthsign: The Serpent

Physical Description: Standing at six feet five inches, Rurik is not particularly tall for a Nord; however his build makes up for that. While his shoulders are not particularly broad, that gives him an overall better look, that of a well-toned, muscular warrior, lacking the 'barbarian brute' look to his figure that's so common amongst Nords. That's only so when his upper body is covered, however ? his chest and arms are decorated with blue Nordic tattoos, which depict the story of the coming of King Ysgramor from Atmora, with the word 'Shor' tattooed below it all.

Rurik's face is also tattooed ? a dragon's head is on his brow and below it the word 'Ysmir'. His face itself speaks of his many journeys and battles, with a deep scar running from his left ear to his chin. His eyes are deep, and sometimes seem world-weary, suggesting that the Nord saw much during his life. A large nose, below which are his fat, wide lips, most of the time invisible due to his lush, dark brown beard. All this is framed by his long, messy dark brown hair, which is long enough to reach his shoulders.

History: Rurik Far-Stride was given such a nickname for a reason. Before his conquests in High Rock, he has been to many places, starting with Solitude at his birth. His father was the captain of a Snekkja that was a part of an exploration fleet regularly making journeys into the Sea of Ghosts. Rurik joined his father's crew of rowers as soon as he was of age, and served there for several years, until peaking the age of 20.

A career as a rower wasn't to Rurik's liking, and he travelled to Winter Hold, where he came to the attention of a company of raiders. Rurik joined them, and it took him only three years to become the captain of one of their Drekkars. His name quickly became feared by the fishermen of west Vvardenfell, and soon Rurik was famous enough to assemble his own fleet, consisting of three Drekkars (one of which was his flagship) and nine Snekkjas, the crews numbering roughly at 450 men in total.

When the Nordic Invasion of Morrowind began during the Oblivion Crisis, Rurik was one of the many raiders that flocked to the invading army. He fought in most of the battles of the invasion, gaining valuable experience, learning much about sieges and open field battles proper. By the time the invasion was repulsed, Rurik had already managed to convince several other commanders to join him in carrying out the plan he had thought up. Contacting the King of Solitude, he also secured his help, and, with many men amassed under his banner, Rurik put his plan into motion.

The Duchy of Jehanna, the closest Bretic Realm to Solitude, was invaded and swiftly taken over. Farrun, feeling threatened by the Nordic host, and worried about the growing power of Wayrest, was made an ally of the now-Nordic Grand Duchy of Jehanna, although in truth it was more of a vassal state, controlled almost directly by Rurik. Now, the conqueror has stopped for a moment to catch his breath, however he and his generals are already plotting the next move against the Bretons.

Weapons: Rurik uses a massive bastard sword, large enough to count as a claymore for the common man. It is a fine double-edged blade, crafted of Nordic steel, specifically for the purpose of the invasion of High Rock, which was seen by many as another step towards rebuilding the Nordic Empire. A sentence is carved into the middle of the blade in old Nordic runes, which reads 'Alduin of the Bretons'. The blade has no sheath, usually hanging naked from Rurik's belt.

Armor/Clothing: Rurik wears the traditional armor of the Nords. A hauberk, with rings crafted out of Nordic steel, along with Nordic Steel Plate on his arms and legs, trimmed with silver. The hauberk is held by the waist by a wide fur belt that has a silver clasp, upon which carved are three names: Shor, Ysmir and Kyne. Rurik doesn't wear a helmet; however he has a large bear fur coat with a hood, which is a bear's head, which he puts on in battle, hence his nickname.

Misc. Items: A trophy rope, woven out of tongues as according to the old Nordic tradition. It is not a thing Rurik carries out in the open; however he ties it around his neck when going to battle to further inspire fear into enemies and encourage his Nordic troops.

Companions: Vytatus Great-Mouth, a Nord from Winter Hold and a companion of Rurik since the Invasion of Morrowind. Despite his nickname, the nearly seven foot tall, well built Nord appears to be mute, as he communicates by signs and no one has ever heard him speak. Some speculate that Vytatus is one of those skilled in Thu'um, the Way of the Voice; how true that is remains to be seen, although there are some amongst Rurik's men who claim that Vytatus shouted the Gates of Jehanna open. Following the 'alliance' of Jehanna and Farrun, and the mysterious death of the duke of Farrun, Vytatus has been proclaimed the new duke.

Faction Sheet

Faction Name: Grand Duchy of Jehanna (Velikiye Khnyazhestvo Jehannyja) (11410)

Rank: Rurik Far-Stride- Grand Duke (referred to as Velikiy Khnyaz by his Nordic subjects)
Vytatus Great-Mouth- Duke (Khnyaz) of Farrun

Men of Middle-Skyrim (10)- Skilled in the Way of the Voice, the gift of Kyne, these Nords are the very elite of the Nordic Armies, the warriors of legend. While they are not particularly well-built, and wear only haubergeons of Nordic Steel in the way of armor, their Thu'um magic is a highly formidable weapon. They can perform a variety of tasks, from frightening enemies to knocking down gates; however they need to be protected, as the tiny size of this unit available to Rurik makes them very fragile.

Solitude Heavy Infantry (3000)- Armored with hauberks of Nordic Steel, and armed with long pikes and axes for sidearms, these men are a very potent force, as long as they remain in formation. Usually they fight in pike blocks, nearly invulnerable from the front, but clumsy when the need comes to turn, they need to be protected by other, more flexible parts of the army to make full use of them.

Berserkers (400)- Assembled from the Mead Halls of Skyrim, these men wear little in the way of armor, however their shock value is still huge, despite the relatively small size of this unit. They go into battle with a mad desire to kill; each man is one of the finest that Skyrim can offer, easily towering most other soldiers, even fellow Nords. Armed with large axes, they are at the tip of an infantry assault, inspiring friends and disheartening foes in their apparent invulnerability.

Druzhina (1500)- These men are one of the few powerful forces of cavalry available to a Nordic general. Mounted on sturdy (although slightly smaller than usual) horses, they're armored in the traditional Nordic Steel hauberks, only with the addition of simple iron plate to protect their limbs. Each man carries roughly 30 arrows, a simple smaller version of a Nordic bow, and a bardiche.

Bretic Bowmen (3500)- Armored mostly with padded leathers, these men are gathered from the lower class people of Jehanna and Farrun. Mostly, they are hunters, thus they know how to use a bow well, as shooting a running stag is not much different from shooting a running man. They use smaller versions of the Bretic longbow, supplied from the armories of Jehanna and Farrun to ensure their effectiveness, as the hunting bows they usually use are frequently largely ineffective against even the lightest of armors.

Bretic Sergeants (1000)- Bretons are not renowned for their infantry, but not everyone can, obviously, afford a horse, thus the farmers and the like are enlisted into the armies as these men. They have large wooden towershields, and are armored mostly like the bowmen ? with padded leather, some of the lucky ones managing to scavenge chainmail off of fallen foes after battle. Their primary and frequently only weapon is a spear, with which they can form the basic schiltron formation, very useful against cavalry.

Mercenary Bretic Heavy Cavalry (2000)- If there is something Bretons can do well, it's fighting mounted. Rurik has realized this, and assembled a company of heavy cavalry to aid his cause. Armed with lances for greatest shock impact, along with sidearms of some sort, they're a force to be reckoned with when charging on an open field. The backgrounds of the cavalrymen of this unit vary greatly, from landless knights looking for service to banditry serve alongside each other, and this is reflected in their armor ? while some may wear plate, others wear chainmail, with many options in-between. Still, despite the appearance they are nothing to be scoffed at.

Main Character Sheet

Name: Arslan

Race: Ra Gada (Ayuub Tribe)

Birthsign: The Steed

Physical Description: A young and fit Ra Gada man at his prime, Arslan is five foot seven inches tall, around the average height for an Ayuub. He is growing into what will probably be the 'ideal' Ra Gada ? a warrior of middle age, well built, but shorter than the 'ideal' Imperial. Life in a desert has made him a swift runner, as well as a good bowman, as is reflected on his muscular arms and legs. Neither his shoulders, nor his chest are very wide, making him around the same width everywhere, unlike with the Nords who get wider going up. A white tribal tattoo covers his entire left upper arm.

Arslan's face could be considered somewhat handsome, if it wasn't marked by his past few weeks with exhaustion and constant worry. Small, slightly sideward brown eyes, only a bit snub nose, thin long lips and a wispy black moustache define his facial features. His pitch black hair is kept cropped, one of the most common haircuts amongst the Ra Gada.

History: Born into the Ayuub Tribe, Arslan is a true child of the Alik'R. His father taught him everything about hunting in the desert, and his mother passed on to him several secrets of nomad medicine. As is usual in the Ayuub Tribe, Arslan was a good rider, and a better bowman. Cold nights and hot days made him stronger than many of the city dwellers, preparing him for the horrors he'd have to endure.

When Baibars became the Khan of the Ayuubs, Arslan rode out to war with the rest of the tribe. He took part in the Battle of Lainlyn Forest (however he recalls very little of it due to the injury to his head he sustained). Unfortunately, he was captured by a Bretic soldier, who dragged him off to High Rock in hopes of selling as a slave.

Arslan was supposed to be sold in Wayrest, however he never reached it. After several brutal weeks, the nomad managed to escape his captors, recovering most of his former possessions (which the captor hoped to sell off as exotics to some noble) in his escape. Now, completely lost in an alien land, with no friends or allies to speak of, Arslan is completely unaware of the fact that he's only wandering further away from his home, being on the road Wayrest-Evermore.

Weapons: A composite bow, along with 40 arrows, also a traditional nomad scimitar, which hangs from his belt without a sheath as is common amongst the Ayuubs. All of these he has managed to recover during his escape from the Bretons.

Armor/Clothing: As his captors didn't bother getting him anything that'd mark him as a prisoner, Arslan wears the traditional Alik'R nomad clothes ? flowing robes, designed for warmth at night and fending off sun at day. They're in a worse shape than is usual, with many scratches, also with a layer of dust and dirt, due to the things he had to endure during his captivity. His wicker cuirass, only armor he ever wore in his whole life, is also the same way.

Misc.: Arslan managed to steal a Bretic military canteen from his captors, along with a small leather bag for food.

Phoenix Draven

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion