[RELZ] Julan, Ashlander Companion

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Maybe I was thinking of LGNPC Seyda Neen... I knew there was a reason I never use that one. Leave my Darvame alooone! She's mine, I tells ya...

When the people who run LGNPCs tell you one of their mods is buggy, dirty, and full of potential conflicts, (cyran0 has said the same thing about the Ald'Ruhn mod), it's really best to just leave it alone.
Andrew

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 am

And thanks for the lovely pics, povuholo - I love the one of Julan in the fluffy jumper ready for Solstheim! Don't let him at the mead!

It is actually the
Spoiler
Hair Shirt of St. Aralor
, but it looked nice on him so I didn't tell him that! :whisper:
Tina Tupou

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:32 am

It is actually the
Spoiler
Hair Shirt of St. Aralor
, but it looked nice on him so I didn't tell him that! :whisper:

Oh so I wasn't imagining it. Did you make a shirt with it's texture, or did you use a mod to disable the enchantment aura?

-DL :chaos:
Gavin boyce

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 am

Oh so I wasn't imagining it. Did you make a shirt with it's texture, or did you use a mod to disable the enchantment aura?

I'm using http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=20128&id=6984. Works like a charm.
Ilona Neumann

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:13 am

Argh. Not enough coffee lately.I apologize Kateri, for being a bit, non-understandable. Let me clear a few things up. The ring for combat request, dumb me, is not needed, I now realize this. Darvame in Seyda Neen is the one that I mean. And with Shani: I told her to go back to the ahemmusa camp, and she did. But when I went to look for her(the ring for her had alrealy 72-houred), she was nowhere to be found. She is not in Mamaea's Yurt either. And something even stranger, Julan has done the whole take a solo walk on me three times today. The wierd part, he always goes to this same spot. Now, does that make things a bit easier?
Philip Rua

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 11:35 am

Argh. Not enough coffee lately.I apologize Kateri, for being a bit, non-understandable. Let me clear a few things up. The ring for combat request, dumb me, is not needed, I now realize this. Darvame in Seyda Neen is the one that I mean. And with Shani: I told her to go back to the ahemmusa camp, and she did. But when I went to look for her(the ring for her had alrealy 72-houred), she was nowhere to be found. She is not in Mamaea's Yurt either. And something even stranger, Julan has done the whole take a solo walk on me three times today. The wierd part, he always goes to this same spot. Now, does that make things a bit easier?

OK...

- There is someone you can ask in Ahemmusa camp about Shani that will position her in the healer's yurt. I think it's probably Gunta in the trader's you should talk to.

- The walking thing... it's an AI bug that companions can get, if the player does something unexpected (like teleports very suddenly, while the companion is also in the middle of telelporting) and their follow AI goes skew-whiff. I suspect he is trying to walk back to Ghostgate. Did you try the startcombat AI reset trick I mentioned in my other post?

- Why would you think my mod was affecting the silt strider? :confused:

Anyway, hope this is of some use! :)
Ernesto Salinas

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:02 am

He walks along the coast to around tel fyr, then turns back normal. The startcombat thing does work. And the silt strider operator was just a random thought. I have found Gunta now though. Thanks! And by master release, I mean the most worked on(or gold as people would say) release of the mod.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:51 am

The "master release" was released over 2 years ago now. Sure, there were a few bugfixes after that, as is natural, and I may still add things in the future. But I don't release things that I don't consider complete. :shrug:
Farrah Barry

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 pm

No, no no. By master release, I mean the final, comprehensive release. You know what, just nevermind that.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:15 am

The final, comprehensive release IS the one I released.
meg knight

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:17 am

I'm using http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=20128&id=6984. Works like a charm.

Thanks. :)

Jonny

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 am

LGNPC - Seyda Neen does the same thing. That mod also makes him married to one of the townsfolk.

And they went the wrong way around to do so. It was much better to change the other NPC's six, since it's a character most people never bother to see (she stays at home and offer no quest, no service, or any other reason to see her).
Kristian Perez

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 2:34 am

And they went the wrong way around to do so. It was much better to change the other NPC's six, since it's a character most people never bother to see (she stays at home and offer no quest, no service, or any other reason to see her).

Well, it was the "original" LGNPC mod and wasn't made by the current team. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. :)
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 am

Off topic a bit though, but are they still working on LGNPC?
Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I suspect it's one of those things that in theory is being worked on, (and they do release updates now and again) but in practice has largely fallen by the wayside, as people move on from MW modding. I'd be surprised (but pleased) to see another new major release. But there is a thread fairly near the top of the forum for LGNPC releases, why not enquire there? No more random LGNPC discussion here, kthsbai.
Rich O'Brien

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:49 am

I've got a problem

SPOILER

When Julan gets down in Ghostgate(when he says that he is Nerevar) The messagebox says I bring him out ghosgate, and the screen turns black, but when I click OK I can move, but the screen is black already...what's the problem?
Kayla Keizer

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 7:15 am

Spoiler

When Julan gets down in Ghostgate(when he says that he is Nerevar) The messagebox says I bring him out ghosgate, and the screen turns black, but when I click OK I can move, but the screen is black already...what's the problem?

I had the same problem. I saved just before the final conversation up there and after several re-loads (requiring me to quit the game entirely, otherwise the screen would still be blacked out) it worked.

For some reason I toggled off distant land at one attempt to see if it made any difference, because I had been at this point before and didn't have the issue that time. Besides not using distant land that time there wasn't really any difference between the two situations.

Anyway when I toggled it off in-game before the final conversation it worked. But when I tried again with distant land off to see if that really was the issue it failed again, so it's probably not the culprit. There's no real reason why it would cause the problem in the first place.

So unless Kateri knows a different solution, my suggestion is trying it a few more times. :)
priscillaaa

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am

The messagebox says I bring him out ghosgate, and the screen turns black, but when I click OK I can move, but the screen is black already...what's the problem?

I've had this reported a couple of times before, but I never managed to reproduce the error, so I haven't been able to locate the conflict or problem in the script, or whatever. :(

Saving and reloading seems to fix it for some people. I wouldn't try altering the modlist, as you're likely to cause doubling and other issues. If anyone ever gets any more evidence for what causes the problem, I'd be very interested.

K.
Jake Easom

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 10:13 am

So... i save after the conversation,when the screen turns black, and then load?
Lizs

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 am

So... i save after the conversation,when the screen turns black, and then load?

No, before the conversation. I don't think it's going to work if you do it after...
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Thu May 26, 2011 7:47 pm

How to give Julan skill books to learn? :)
RaeAnne

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 4:41 am

How to give Julan skill books to learn? :)

He should have a topic "good books". If he doesn't have that topic, chat to him in bookshops till he does.

If he tells you you don't have anything interesting, but you know you have a skillbook he hasn't read, it may be that
- it's for a skill he doesn't increase from training, such as marksmanship/acrobatics/athletics.
- it's a book that comes in a sequence, and he wants to read them in sequence, not out of order.

K.
Rachael

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 3:05 am

If you have any in your inventory, talk to him about "good book" and he will take it off you and read it. He also sets you tiny challenges, like finding all the books in a series he likes. Try giving him Boethiah's pillow book, that made me laugh :rolleyes: :lmao:

EDIT: Ignore me :embarrass: I was too slow typing
sharon

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 12:06 am

I've got a problem

SPOILER

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason (so far) for why that happens. I've lost count of how many times I have been through that part of the quest. There have been games where it has never happened at all and there have been times when it happened a few times before the story could proceed. I've gotten into the habit of making a separate save after
Spoiler
each time he stops to talk to you on the way up the mountain.
That way if the problem occurs and I have to reload I don't lose much progress.

Actually, once I started making all of those saves I didn't have the issue come up near as often. My last two games it hasn't happened at all.
Erin S

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 8:13 am

Actually, I would be interested in running both this one and the Romance mod, so is there a patch in the works at all? I'd definitely choose this one over the other (good plot and dialogue > babies), but if there's a way to run both, that would be ace!
carla

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind