PS3 Release for Dawnguard - Thread #9

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:00 am

Dawnguard for PS3 better include Hearthfire for free because of the wait PS3 owners have gone through. I play on Xbox and I think they deserve the extra content.
Katy Hogben

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 am

I hold true to my prediction that PS3 players will get Dawnguard in September and therefore will have Dawnguard to tidy them over while 360 users gets exclusivity to hearthfire...and thus making it so that the next major DLC after hearthfire will be released simultaneously on all systems. My only question lies in what week in September PS3 users will get the DLC...I originally thought it would be in the first week or two of September but maybe it will be moved back a bit now with hearthfire hovering overhead on the 4th.
victoria johnstone

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 am

Dawnguard for PS3 better include Hearthfire for free because of the wait PS3 owners have gone through. I play on Xbox and I think they deserve the extra content.

Yeah, I'm on PC and Xbox. This is really a slap in the face. I don't even know what to say on this. It's just a real dirty ugly thing. If you can't get something to work.. you shut down till you get it working. You don't fire out more. I've loved my TES for years but this is just wrong.
Tina Tupou

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm back in Uni now and I've had enough time to read and hear firsthand accounts of Dawnguard.

I will not be purchasing this DLC unless it's priced down to 10USD.
Siidney

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm an xbox user but I have got plenty of PS3 friends and I've got over rubbing it in their face and now just want them to get it so we can chat about it and they are starting to get both annoyed and annoying.
Sharra Llenos

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm

this is ridiculous, I have waited for dawnguard and of course we have to wait for another dlc while xbox get it in September. Please explain to me why their time is spent making th new dlc and it's trailers, promoting a new game, and not on dawnguard for the ps3. I wused to check everyday, now I barley care. Good thing I have transformers and Star Wars TOR to keep me entertained for a while.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:06 pm

I actually looked deep into this ps3 problemmatic coding ect... i mean really deap including the specs of both consoles from CPU-GPU you name it.It is true about the xbox being easier to code for FACT. But the Ps3 offers something abit more with its CPU if you put the time an effort into it as well as having exp coders. For example if you look at naughty dog/ps3 coders.. Pretty much all the Ps3 exclusives like uncharted (especially 3) God of war 3.... Mgs4 ect you can see the results awesome game play awesome graphics awesome enginesyou name it...This is cause they took the time to use the ps3s full potential...I even remember valve saying they dont want nothing to do with the ps3 because they dont want to spend to much time on just 1console.... fair enough... But soon changed their mind once they see would the Ps3 could offer.
Now that aside i do appreciate also skyrim is a very different game very big ect alot of work and so on... but really there is no excuse for the bad programming/coding.

How i see it and also ive read else where this is down to lazyness/money/un exp coders...i could be wrong here but the way i see it is that they dont want waste the time money or effort on this due to ps3 sales not being anywhere as high as microsoft + the money they give them for exclusives.. i think they feel that the money they get from microsoft would only be wasted on time effort expense bla bla on the ps3 version which doesnt sell aswell.

Anonther theory is... due to the time limit/release dates and so on they are pushed and so cause xbox is easier then no problem but cause ps3 is harder hence why we get GOTY editions or DLC years later... You have seen what happens when beth trys to bring dlcs early they are broken (ps3).

Now that said after all this time and they cant get things like this right i think its the coders that need a patch them selfs (re train).. or they need to get some better coders/programmers if they want to go forward with the ps3.

I know its not all beths games that are bad on the PS but its always the ones we love most the ones we look forward to playing the ones we spend hours an hours playing (TES/FALLOUT). Please please please beth sort it out or just stop making for Ps full stop.
MatthewJontully

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 am

Thank you good sir !
bro fist*
MR.BIGG

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:10 am

I know that this is childish, but I felt a little angry that they announced Hearthfire without having a release date for Ps3 Dawnguard. What the [censored]. Whatever.
Nienna garcia

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 am

That's unrealistic but half priced dawnguard is deserved because of all the problems
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Ok, the fact that it hasnt even released for ps3 yet, means that will take another month or two. This is screwed up bethesda, just release the DLC!

I think the whole process might be faster if bethesda were actually working on dawnguard for ps3, they say it's because of the ps3's "unique architecture" but how do so many other companies manage to release dlc (or games in general) problem free for multiconsole?

Bethesda programming focus: 80% of workforce devoted to animating zombies and other "original" ideas into hearthfire for xbox 360 while 20% or less try to make dawnguard ps3 from scratch because they decided to take a month off during the 360 "30 day exclusivity".

I will buy dawnguard but only because I've already been waiting. Any other bethesda dlc or games I will not buy.
Sarah Bishop

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Good news guys! We "PS3 Users" can enjoy Heartfire when it will be released on 4 september....wait, scratch that it's a month exclusive...oh welll at least we can start playing Dawnguard! Oh yeah..that's still not available...oh well the most important part is we can all enjoy Skyrim withouth encountering a bug, glitch, lag or a freeze! Oooooh that's right that's not working either....hmmm
Crystal Birch

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Its nice to see xbox players admitting that this is wrong. They should not have released anything until dawnguard was out on ps3. Shows where their priorities are. Disgrace.
Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:17 am

I think the whole process might be faster if bethesda were actually working on dawnguard for ps3, they say it's because of the ps3's "unique architecture" but how do so many other companies manage to release dlc (or games in general) problem free for multiconsole?

Bethesda programming focus: 80% of workforce devoted to animating zombies and other "original" ideas into hearthfire for xbox 360 while 20% or less try to make dawnguard ps3 from scratch because they decided to take a month off during the 360 "30 day exclusivity".

I will buy dawnguard but only because I've already been waiting. Any other bethesda dlc or games I will not buy.

In another thread Gstaff mentions it was a small group working on Hearthfire. Which is very believable looking at what Hearthfire is.

But, that doesn't take from the fact that it's annoying that the PS3 users have really been left to the side here.
kristy dunn

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Good news guys! We "PS3 Users" can enjoy Heartfire when it will be released on 4 september....wait, scratch that it's a month exclusive...oh welll at least we can start playing Dawnguard! Oh yeah..that's still not available...oh well the most important part is we can all enjoy Skyrim withouth encountering a bug, glitch, lag or a freeze! Oooooh that's right that's not working either....hmmm
:violin:
Chris Jones

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:28 am

:violin:

Yes we all know it's complaining, something many people do here on the forums and it keeps on going. But tell me, there is a good reason for complaining or isen't it? Any business should know you don't treat people like this, unless you only care about money and not an important word called "respect".
Janine Rose

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

It was two months after the timed DLC,
with folks now wanting it free,
The PS3 clan
debated a ban
on Bethesda and all those (few) darn tweets.

Today Hearthfire was announced.
Xbox players can build a house!
Another timed DLC
This is just peachy-keen
As I wait for Dawnguard to come out.

So the questions continue to fly
why DG is still denied
For the gaming machine
called..hmm..PS3
And the next DLC is to arrive.

So the community continues to wait
for a DG DLC release date
for the PS3 crew
who still loves you
Bethesda, please répondez s'il vous pla?t!!

Cheers :biggrin:
Laura Ellaby

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 am

The PS3 clan
debated a ban

Another timed DLC
This is just peachy-keen

why DG is still denied
For the gaming machine
called..hmm..PS3

for the PS3 crew
who still loves you

Well written, you should do some more :wink:.

Let me try:

It came out on a special date
Hurried to the store so I wouldn't be late
I played and played and sometimes had a freeze
Completing all quests like it was a breeze

Others enjoyed dlc for an exclusive amount of days
Doing all kinds of stuff in so many ways
I sat there waiting by myself at home
With no information I felt so alone

Finally some news what goodluck!
But no only new DLC to earn a quick buck
No sorry, no relief, they don't see what's wrong
I'll just keep waiting till my heart stops beating and everthings gone

And if they will visit and look at my grave
I wonder if they will know how to behave
They will smile and laugh and lastly, they will pray
Showing a devil's face and speaking the words
Now you will never be able to play
Chloe Lou

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Well written, you should do some more :wink:.

Let me try:

It came out on a special date
Hurried to the store so I wouldn't be late
I played and played and sometimes had a freeze
Completing all quests like it was a breeze

Others enjoyed dlc for an exclusive amount of days
Doing all kinds of stuff in so many ways
I sat there waiting by myself at home
With no information I felt so alone

Finally some news what goodluck!
But no only new DLC to earn a quick buck
No sorry, no relief, they don't see what's wrong
I'll just keep waiting till my heart stops beating and everthings gone

And if they will visit and look at my grave
I wonder if they will know how to behave
They will smile and laugh and lastly, they will pray
Showing a devil's face and speaking the words
Now you will never be able to play

This is getting really weird...
Manuel rivera

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm

On a serious note.. it was interesting when I did a search for DG PS3 news I struck Hearthfire as a main hit. Looked it over.. and it appears it's certainly not what folks have been speculating on. Then the thought went to "this is a let down. No news on DG but a team is diligently working on the Hearthfire". Next thought: "Ah. No matter. I'll hit the forums and lighten the mood with another silly poem". :biggrin:
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am

This is getting really weird...

Nah. Silly poems are my way of passing my thoughts and attempting to lighten the mood a bit. I've done it before with positive feedback. I'm just as anxious as any other PS3 user to continue their Skyrim adventures. I continue to play Skyrim on PS3 with virtually no bugs whatsoever.

Bethesda.. need a beta tester for DG PS3? I'm your man :biggrin:
Holli Dillon

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 pm

what i'm more annoyed about is Lack of commuication on bethesada behalf, if they can't release it becuase they haven't got it working just admit it, don't keep quite as that just get people annoyed :angry: esspically when you annouce more XBox stuff at the same time, literally it's like we are being ignored :(

However one fact i should point out is that PS3 store doesn't update until thursday so perhaps it's been released then,
noa zarfati

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 am

Hey, at least Bethesda takes the time and effort to at least inform us of whats happening, unlike most other gaming companies.

Thanks Bethesda!!

Not exactly. Bethesda hasn't been forthcoming at all with information for Skyrim on the PS3. That is sort of the whole point of these complaints being made.
Scared humanity

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:17 pm

The PS3 clan
debated a ban

Another timed DLC
This is just peachy-keen

why DG is still denied
For the gaming machine
called..hmm..PS3

for the PS3 crew
who still loves you

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hearts

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:37 am

People have been joking that the Xbox would be getting Hearthfire before we got Dawnguard and here we are. This is beyond ridiculous. Are you even trying to keep any fans Beth? Forget this game it's not like we all haven't heard all of the story points on this forum by now. I'm will not support a company that treats it's loyal customers this way.
Sammygirl

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim