PS3 Release for Dawnguard - Thread #9

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Aside from conspiracy theories and rage against "the machine"... I have adored TES for years now. The lore keeps me going and I have never found another game that keeps me enthralled for years at a time (ok, FF6 is an exception :cool: ).

I can understand the bitterness over the PS3 fiasco concerning DG, but I would rather be patient and have DG than go either one of two routes:

1) boycott a company that has given me hundreds of hours in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim; therefore denying my love of their games.
2) foam at the mouth daily over a release that they look at and say "you know, PS3 folks are looking at collectively saying they are walking away. Scrap it and put something together for GotY in a year or something".

Two cents, traded for three to a willing person :biggrin:
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I won't be buying Skyrim GOTY just to get the DLC. I believe Bethesda is trying to make us wait that long for ANY DLC then release it on a new game (another $40). Sorry, I'm not going to be masochistic and enjoy the abuse from Bethesda. I just refuse to buy any other game from them again. Ever.
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 am

Im playing black ops to take my mind of things. Its working
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 am

first, to me Heartfire looks more like it should be a update not dlc.
second, this is unprofessional & the person that made this stupid choice to release the next dlc before the ps3 even gets the first needs to get fired or retrained ( sorry short & to the point )
& finally, Bethesda if you think i'm going to wait for skyrims dlc like people did for fallout 3's dlc, you have another thing coming. if Dawnguard isn't released or given a release date within the month of september, then oh well, theres a 95% choice i don't be buying Dawnguard or any other skyrim dlc. because i not wasting my time waiting for dlc longer then any other console.
Robert Bindley

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:55 am

I think the thing that keeps me interested is the game universe itself. It is largely based on D&D (do a search, you'll find it), which is something I grew up with.

After playing Morrowind for all it was worth and moving on to Oblivion, then Skyrim, then trying out Daggerfall, it occurred to me I love the series. Business sense or not, I am willingly waiting for a PS3 release.

The kicker? I could play DG now if I wanted. My PC is up to snuff and all I'd have to do is get Skyrim again and download DG right now... and play in ten minutes.
Do I want to? No way. I am not willing to do that for several reasons; two of which involve price (not buying a game I already own AGAIN) and comfort (PC is hooked up to HDTV, which currently isn't comfortable for PC gaming).

So I wait. Oh damnit, I wait. :cool:
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 am

While I continue to patiently wait for DG on PS3.. I will play my various characters in vanilla Skyrim and return to my PSN DL of FF6 for some old-school fun.

Damn, I love Kefka and his nihilism :biggrin:
Jade MacSpade

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:54 pm

One last thing to think about:

For those that "threaten" a boycott, remember one thing: you are in this state of mind simply because we don't have something we expected on July 26th. In joining a ban, boycott, or petition, you are only showing Bethesda that the community is less invested in the company completing the DLC and future content for PS3. Understandably it is trying going through the wait. We see others enjoying it and so we want it. Instant gratification is something in human nature. I could be frothing at the mouth too.. as well as complaining about the lack of response from the studio. The fact remains that none of this is productive. And so, I post pithy quips and silly poems to lighten the mood. There is nothing else to do. Nothing. Relax and bide our time.

My one cent (the other was stolen, or I'd given two :biggrin: )
josie treuberg

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Waiting too much longer to release DG on the PS3 wouldn't be a wise move considering we're approaching the time of the year when a lot of hyped up AAA games will be hitting the market. You're going to miss out on a lot of sales if your $20 DLC for a game that has been out a year is competing against newly released AC3, CoD, Hitman, etc.

Which Bethesda obviously doesn't consider the PS3 to be a major market for its DG DLC anyway or it would already be released.
SexyPimpAss

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Well there you have it hearthfire 4th september for xbox 360... Awesome beth just awesome :(

Can't say i'm surprised in the least.

I figured it would go down like this, technically Bethesda has not really misled us. They didn't specifically say DG would be released on PS3 before any other DLC was developed. They didn't really give say when PS3 would get Dawnguard at all. So technically DG could hit last quarter 2014 and Beth. could say with a straight face it arrived just on time.

The reality of this situation is that Bethesda has lied. A lie of omission is still a lie. In a courtroom, i've no doubt that all the CYA and stonewalling tactics they have employed would likely protect them from any legal ramifications. But that doesn't make what they are doing here in any way right.

Haven't been a posting member of this forum long, but the day i figured Bethesda was head this way in relation to Dawnguard actually getting on the PS3 was when i went to my current avatar. He got the green. He got the girl. Shoot, he got the American Dream, but how get got it all in the end cost him all.

Its a parable really, the Beth. guys never seem to have heard it though.

:violin:

:goodjob: Keepin' it classy eh?
Naomi Lastname

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Hearthfire, you are a house
with skeevers (I suppose a mouse?)
Dawnguard is delayed
in an untimely way
while the PS3 users unmount.

Hearthfire, I can hang my hat!
I certainly didn't expect that!
Where is DG?
Are you only taunting me?
The new DLC provides Xbox a new door-mat!

And then there are folks who boycott!
They say "Dawnguard can just go and rot!"
So I return to FF6,
which is my old-school-fix,
P.S.-Kefka would destroy Sephiroth!

Ah, Bethesda I enjoy your games!
But this wait is driving me insane!
Please release the DLC,
and satisfy me,
before Skyrim becomes vastly mundane!

Cheers, yet again :biggrin:
benjamin corsini

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 am

On another note I do agree that people shouldn't take this delay too seriously. I'm a PS3 p-layer and I'm as annoyed as anyone about the delay. I'd like to play DG, but I also know I have other better things to play and spend my time with.

At the end of the day DG is an average, expensive content DLC that gives hardcoe ES players their fix, but doesn't add anything essential or overly impressive to the game.
Rowena

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Bethesda = Most [censored] company in the entire world

Seriously, go [censored] themselves in a ditch

Yes, yes, this is a [censored] immature post. But not more than Greedthe$da Silenceworks's dirty work. How can they dare to do such thing?

Waiting patiently for Dawnguard and hearthfire on the PC, because they are never, NEVER going to be released on PS3, mark my [censored] words.

Hope everyone at the studios drown in the money they will be receiving from Microsoft. See you guys next week (or whenever my incoming suspension lifts off)
Ron

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:40 pm

"Instant gratification is not soon enough".

I don't know who coined this, but fitting. I want the DLC too. But raging will solve nothing. At all.
kyle pinchen

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm

I actually think this is pathetic to, ps3 doesn't even have dawnguard yet and xbox gets their second, ok it is a [censored] DLC but it's still a DLC :nope:
Miguel

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Ok? thats it!

Bethesda, when the first rumors came up about a dlc(arround january or february), I was so happy with this news.
After playing the game from december till march (and then with some breaks of playing other games) till april, the trailer released for dawnuard in may.
I couldn't wait for the dlc to come out.
I even made 2 new characters the dlc, one for dawnguard and one for the vampires (both leveled to lvl 20).
Then in June 24th you guys lost allot of fans.
Telling us the dlc was only for xbox and after a month it would come out to pc an ps3.
I still was so excited for the dlc, so I waited ANOTHER month.
Then you telled us "We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality. ".
That was it!
I rather wanted to play the game with bugs, then waiting AGAIN a month.
Its now been 2 months, enough time to solve the bugs and glitches.
And now a new dlc trailer has come out, and live for xbox on the 4 th september.
With still no dawnguard for ps3, thats over the line Bethesda!
Tomorrow I'm buying another game with the money I wanted to spend on the dlc.
And put skyrim away with the rest of my games.
I'm done with Skyrim and Bethesda.
You've lost atleast this fan srry Bethesda.
sharon

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Ok? thats it!

Bethesda, when the first rumors came up about a dlc(arround january or february), I was so happy with this news.
After playing the game from december till march (and then with some breaks of playing other games) till april, the trailer released for dawnuard in may.
I couldn't wait for the dlc to come out.
I even made 2 new characters the dlc, one for dawnguard and one for the vampires (both leveled to lvl 20).
Then in June 24th you guys lost allot of fans.
Telling us the dlc was only for xbox and after a month it would come out to pc an ps3.
I still was so excited for the dlc, so I waited ANOTHER month.
Then you telled us "We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality. ".
That was it!
I rather wanted to play the game with bugs, then waiting AGAIN a month.
Its now been 2 months, enough time to solve the bugs and glitches.
And now a new dlc trailer has come out, and live for xbox on the 4 th september.
With still no dawnguard for ps3, thats over the line Bethesda!
Tomorrow I'm buying another game with the money I wanted to spend on the dlc.
And put skyrim away with the rest of my games.
I'm done with Skyrim and Bethesda.
You've lost atleast this fan srry Bethesda.

I feel the same way actually...
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:21 am

"Instant gratification is not soon enough".

I don't know who coined this, but fitting. I want the DLC too. But raging will solve nothing. At all.
^this
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Now that I think about it, I really want to make a new character in Skyrim based on Kefka.. Thinking Altmer and RP as unpredictable/flambouyant.. Hmm... If only there were a feather I could put in his cap!

Happy to have some new Skyrim characters.. among my many :cool:
Matthew Aaron Evans

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm

I don't mind that the DLC is delayed, I also don't mind that the new DLC is coming out for the 360, I mean I cannot expect them to just halt production on the DLC as I would assume there is another team working hard on the PS3 release of DG. My optimism aside I don't like the idea of not hearing of any new information, at least throw us a bone telling us you are working on it, what troubles you guys are experiencing, and all that good stuff. I am more than happy to wait for the release if I knew what was actually going on, giving us the silent treatment is bad business as far as I am concerned, considering how many livid PS3 owners there are.

My only worry is that when/if DG actually does come out, what time frame will it be? Will it be after Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, or Assassins Creed 3? Or are we going to have to wait until 2013 to finally get any of the Skyrim DLC in which case no one will buy it, there are far too many new games coming out and the longer Bethesda holds off on releasing this the smaller their return on the PS3 will be.

Like I said above, they really need to save face and give us any info. I don’t need a full release date or any sort of price cut, or whatever in return. All I am asking for is a “Sorry PS3 owners we are still trying very hard to get this DLC to you as soon as possible, we appreciate your patience. We want you all to experience the best of what we have to offer.” At least let us know if we are even going to be seeing the DLC. The longer they withhold information the less revenue they are going to get from consumers as they will have all moved on to other games, and less PS3 owners supporting Bethesda with Skyrim and future Bethesda titles. I am not one of them, but I will be leary of buying any Bethesda title while I am a PS3 owner, and I know when the next generation of consoles comes out I might even hold off buying games on release until I know they will run properly on the PS4, or if we are even going to get DLC for that matter.
chirsty aggas

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Part of me was thinking Bethesda had decided to release a small DLC just to finish the 30 day exclusivity contract, but no, I bet the moment this contract ends, Bethesda will renew it and we'll have to put up with it all over again.
Melis Hristina

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 pm

What I'd like to know is the issue they are having. Did they not release this game for the PS3? Did they not in that time figure out how to get the game to run on the PS3 as well as the number of patches they produced? They seem to have been working on Dawnguard for some time, did they completely neglect the PS3 version the entire time? I mean did the exclusiveness include when they could actually start working on the PS3 version?

Really I don't see how they couldn't have it ready for the PS3 days after the exclusive agreement. Unless of course they truely don't give a skeever's ass about the PS3 and it's players. I have been trying to be an optimist on this situation, but i just doesn't add up. I feel like I have been bent over with out the common courtesy of a........................
Iain Lamb

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 am

When I saw the trailer for Hearthfire today, I should have been excited. Instead, I was disappointed that Bethesda moved onto something else instead of just finishing Dawnguard.

I know they have probably had Hearthfire planned out for a while, but at least give PS3 users something to play while 360 users have Hearthfire. Any other game would have focused on getting Dawnguard out there first to satisfy their long neglected customers.

I can't imagine how Bethesda thinks about PS3 users. So far, they've treated PS3 users like crap and I can't see how they can claim to be unbiased ever again. I know I'll end up buying another of their games eventually, but this whole thing has made me think of Bethesda as one of those companies that I can't trust anymore because they're more concerned about money than satisfying a large group of their customers.
Nitol Ahmed

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 am

Bethesda = Most [censored] company in the entire world

Seriously, go [censored] themselves in a ditch

Yes, yes, this is a [censored] immature post. But not more than Greedthe$da Silenceworks's dirty work. How can they dare to do such thing?

Waiting patiently for Dawnguard and hearthfire on the PC, because they are never, NEVER going to be released on PS3, mark my [censored] words.

Hope everyone at the studios drown in the money they will be receiving from Microsoft. See you guys next week (or whenever my incoming suspension lifts off)

Hah! You think Bethesda is greedy? Try Bioware, or the company that makes Call Of Duty. Heck, even Lionhead Studios, with their "Black Ink" incident. Heck even CAPCOM, with their "On-disk locked DLC" on Streetfighter X Tekken.

Bethesda is like an angel compared to them.
kasia

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Part of me was thinking Bethesda had decided to release a small DLC just to finish the 30 day exclusivity contract, but no, I bet the moment this contract ends, Bethesda will renew it and we'll have to put up with it all over again.
yeah I believe so but I think Microsoft should be smart and not renew the contract I mean if they can't even get DG working on the ps3 while the xbox gets hearthfire they do not need the contract sure pc users but the pc users have mods and pay over $600 for their rig you think their going to switch so easily?
Bitter End

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 am

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1406999-ps3-release-for-dawnguard-thread-10/
Samantha hulme

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim