PS3 Release for Dawnguard - Thread #9

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm sure we all understand your position to some extent, however It's becoming increasingly difficult to remain civil when we ps3 users are constantly getting frankd out of DLC for EVERY title. It's bad enough that those of us who do play the mainstream shooters and sports games are constantly getting delayed or skipped over for DLC due to Xbox's pay-offs and marketing, but then to have the fantasy market do the same?!?!

I am definitely not a complainer, nor have I ever posted on a forum... but guys really? To not even have a release date despite it already being released on both Xbox and PC is insulting! If you expect users to be civil, why not extend the same respect, and get the programming together! It's been long enough.
It's not like the initial release didn't have it's bugs either. You've so far done an excellent job at patching and fixing most bugs and glitches for the main game, I have faith in the team being able to do so quickly for the add-on and get it out and on the ps3. This is ridiculous and sad-to say is bringing Bethesda into the mainstream microsoft sell-out category like the lame shooter and sports franchises.

Get it together guys (quickly)... for the sake of the players. I don't ever plan on switching to Xbox or Pc, and I'd sooner drop Bethesda as a developer than Ps3 as a console.... and I know one player in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter at all, but this is one DIE hard fan and lover of the entire franchise as well as the other Bethesda goodies... Don't put us in that position guys. Please!

I honestly have to agree with you there, i would rather drop bethesda and kick it i nthe groin than switch systems. i was born in 92 my first system was a PS1 and my next was PS2, both of which i still have, i never have and never will play Xbox and my computer has a few games like Command and Conquer so i can play with my little bro a hundred miles away since he is addicted to the games. My loyalty remains with Playstation.

Power to the Players!
i grind hard

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 am

It seems Bethesda spits, vomits and defecates on the PS3 and it's community...

Really? I've read several comments like this one. You have to realize and understand that Dawnguard as well as other DLCs are Bethesda's products. They can pretty much do what ever the hell they want with it since it's their own product. They don't even have to offer it to customers on other platforms such as the PS3. I don't know why they would choose to hold it from a particular system but if that's what they wanted, that's exactly what they could do. Being the creator of something like this gives you that ability. Bethesda doesn't owe anyone anything. Even though Dawnguard is a DLC it's basically just like any other game that gets delayed. Say for example you were expecting a game to come out on a particular date but it's delayed for six months. Would this mean the company is discriminating against you? Would this qualify the potential consumers to a discount or special offer? When a game gets delayed you rarely ever hear any word on the thing until an official release date is announced. I mean, think about it guys. They delayed a DLC and some of you are acting like Bethesda ruined your lifes.

I apologize if my post sounds rude but what's happening here is basic business and marketing. Bethesda nor Microsoft are the only companies doing things like this. Sony has done it's fair share of "shady" deals involving their system's exclusive games. I don't know if Beth is really holding Dawnguard back due to performance issues or for alternative motives but I do know bashing them on their forum isn't going make them want to get Dawnguard to you any faster.

If you guys are truly upset with Bethesda for this then the only way of really showing them that you're not satisfied with how they're treating their PS3 fanbase is to stop buying their product all together. Buying Dawnguard the day it hits the network really isn't going to get a message across. I know this is alot easier said than done. I know I would have a difficult time trying to not buy a DLC or new game.

By the way Xharon, with my previous post I was just messing with you. I should have made that clearer that I was joking. My apologies, sir.
leigh stewart

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 am

lolz I'm bored waiting -.- :biggrin: gonna make a new character any suggestions???

I'd recommend playing a necromancer type with your base being conjuration, I started a character about a month ago like this and conjuration can be crazy fun! There's nothing cooler than summoning a Dremora Lord and watching him chase an enemy. It's also pretty fun raising a dead corpse to serve as a thrall.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Really? I've read several comments like this one. You have to realize and understand that Dawnguard as well as other DLCs are Bethesda's products. They can pretty much do what ever the hell they want with it since it's their own product. They don't even have to offer it to customers on other platforms such as the PS3. I don't know why they would choose to hold it from a particular system but if that's what they wanted, that's exactly what they could do. Being the creator of something like this gives you that ability. Bethesda doesn't owe anyone anything. Even though Dawnguard is a DLC it's basically just like any other game that gets delayed. Say for example you were expecting a game to come out on a particular date but it's delayed for six months. Would this mean the company is discriminating against you? Would this qualify the potential consumers to a discount or special offer? When a game gets delayed you rarely ever hear any word on the thing until an official release date is announced. I mean, think about it guys. They delayed a DLC and some of you are acting like Bethesda ruined your lifes.

I apologize if my post sounds rude but what's happening here is basic business and marketing. Bethesda nor Microsoft are the only companies doing things like this. Sony has done it's fair share of "shady" deals involving their system's exclusive games. I don't know if Beth is really holding Dawnguard back due to performance issues or for alternative motives but I do know bashing them on their forum isn't going make them want to get Dawnguard to you any faster.

If you guys are truly upset with Bethesda for this then the only way of really showing them that you're not satisfied with how they're treating their PS3 fanbase is to stop buying their product all together. Buying Dawnguard the day it hits the network really isn't going to get a message across. I know this is alot easier said than done. I know I would have a difficult time trying to not buy a DLC or new game.

By the way Xharon, with my previous post I was just messing with you. I should have made that clearer that I was joking. My apologies, sir.

haha no problem it was clear, I took no offense. I was just adding on to what was said.

Although I have to say that since Beth took it on themselves to provide for the PS3 customers that their content should be roughly equal to that which they release to others with little delay and difference in performance unless otherwise stated.

Beth is not the only company to do a delayed multiplatform release but typically it's announced that some people will be getting it later, and roughly when they'll be getting it. Typically delayed multiplatform releases are done a good chuck of time later, and are just a transfer from 360 to PS3 or vice versa.

The silence baffles me, and understanding that this seems to be a pattern from Bethesda makes me very cautious about touching more PS3 games with Bethesda stamped on them.

I can't wait for AC3 though now. I'm burned out of dawnguard and skyrim now, and AC has yet to ever give me a problem xD
I was done with AC but the new stuff they added into the new one, and the fact that it's during the revolution, it sparked my interest for whatever reason. Sea battles, wars, hunting, assassinations, seems like fun xD
Kat Ives

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:25 pm

You know I have to say, different topics about the PS3 and dawnguard I don't think should necessarily be bound to one thread. This thread is more of speculation on release date and "f--- you bethesda!" thread. But the mod's seem to be shutting down anything PS3 related left and right saying keep it here. But most the things put here if they aren't one of the above things just get flushed out.

Two shut down threads I took note of are "how can you expect the DLC to get game of the year when PS3 has yet to receive it" and "what do you think the problems are?"

They're... different, but similar.

The first one could be more of an "f--- you" idea, but to me I take it as something SLIGHTLY different.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:36 pm

1)The PS3 version never had an announced released date, and already the kiddies are whining because they had to wait three whole weeks hoping they would get the DLC, no way would they last months, so just as well it is likely to turn up sooner.

Edit
2)What does what Arcane Studios are doing with advertising Dishonored, which is a full game have to do with what Bethesda is doing with for DLC for a game that has been out for ages, that has already bean advertised? Bethesda are only publishing Dishonored, not making it. There is no advertising left to be done for Dawnguard.

@1-And? The PC version of DG never had an official release date either, Hines was very clear about that point. I really don't see Bethesda caring enough to bring DG to the PS3 sooner because of 'whining kiddies'. Its been said, and i agree with the sentiment, that PC only got its version because Beth.(rightly so) figured the modding community could fix things Beth. themselves could not. PS3 will get Dawnguard-and i feel this in my gut so of course its just my opinion-just before the holiday push. And if not by then, i doubt PS3 players will see it or any other DLC otside of a bundled GotY edition.

@2-Don't be dense. Its called Branding and who ever actually makes Dishonored, its still gonna bear the Bethesda brand name. A name that can't help but be more than a little besmudged after this whole DG fiasco. Its a relevant observation imo; i know for myself i'm riding out the Skyrim saga as it unfolds on PS3 because i'm invested. But bother with another Bethesda property(see what i did there?) on PS3....at full price at launch? I dont think so.

And i really doubt i'm alone with this sentiment.
daniel royle

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:35 pm

You know I have to say, different topics about the PS3 and dawnguard I don't think should necessarily be bound to one thread. This thread is more of speculation on release date and "f--- you bethesda!" thread. But the mod's seem to be shutting down anything PS3 related left and right saying keep it here. But most the things put here if they aren't one of the above things just get flushed out. Two shut down threads I took note of are "how can you expect the DLC to get game of the year when PS3 has yet to receive it" and "what do you think the problems are?" They're... different, but similar. The first one could be more of an "f--- you" idea, but to me I take it as something SLIGHTLY different.

Oh this is not a new moderating style in the least. Anyone having ever delved into any of the NBC/Univerasal forums has seen this sort of thing, alot.
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 am

Anyone else find it funny that Playstation's slogan is "power to the players" and yet they, just like Micro$oft, won't allow modding and/or mods on their console? Just find that funny. Ok rabbit trail over.'

You can blame Beth if you want or you can turn on the real source of the problems: SONY. Come on people, the dang console is SIX YEARS OLD. Are you honestly shocked that both consoles are having issues with newer games, especially ones with large seamless worlds? Seriously people, don't you know what a cash cow is when you see one?
Gemma Archer

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 am

haha no problem it was clear, I took no offense. I was just adding on to what was said.

Although I have to say that since Beth took it on themselves to provide for the PS3 customers that their content should be roughly equal to that which they release to others with little delay and difference in performance unless otherwise stated.

Beth is not the only company to do a delayed multiplatform release but typically it's announced that some people will be getting it later, and roughly when they'll be getting it. Typically delayed multiplatform releases are done a good chuck of time later, and are just a transfer from 360 to PS3 or vice versa.

The silence baffles me, and understanding that this seems to be a pattern from Bethesda makes me very cautious about touching more PS3 games with Bethesda stamped on them.

I can't wait for AC3 though now. I'm burned out of dawnguard and skyrim now, and AC has yet to ever give me a problem xD
I was done with AC but the new stuff they added into the new one, and the fact that it's during the revolution, it sparked my interest for whatever reason. Sea battles, wars, hunting, assassinations, seems like fun xD
yep ac3 looks great honestly if dawnguard doesn't come out before ac3 i'll just buy ac3 instead even though i do not like how the games keep getting shorter and have less improvements there's something about assassin's creed that is well it's just fun
Leanne Molloy

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Anyone else find it funny that Playstation's slogan is "power to the players" and yet they, just like Micro$oft, won't allow modding and/or mods on their console? Just find that funny. Ok rabbit trail over.'

You can blame Beth if you want or you can turn on the real source of the problems: SONY. Come on people, the dang console is SIX YEARS OLD. Are you honestly shocked that both consoles are having issues with newer games, especially ones with large seamless worlds? Seriously people, don't you know what a cash cow is when you see one?

But uhh... I've played many games that worked perfectly fine on PS3.

Shooters, Infamous, Prototype, assassins creed, oblivion, and a few other large open world RPG's that wernt too popular. And if there was ever an issue, it was a programming error quickly fixed with a patch.

And I don't think the 360 has changed much but some compatibility with other electronics since it's release in like 05. People say it runs quieter, has more room, wifi connection and easier port for the kinect. At least based off of what I just read online.

I had a 360 and it pissed me off cause I had the origional, and several years after everyone had their RROD hit, I had mine hit. So I just said f it and played PS3.
City Swagga

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:23 am

yep ac3 looks great honestly if dawnguard doesn't come out before ac3 i'll just buy ac3 instead even though i do not like how the games keep getting shorter and have less improvements there's something about assassin's creed that is well it's just fun

AC3 looks like a lot of improvement to me personally. And it comes out in october, I think it'll hit first lol
CORY

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

i went on the psn to the store where i did not see the DLC for skyrim
Josh Lozier

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 pm

i was told that on AUG 26th it was to come to the ps3
Chris Jones

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 pm

You were lied to my friend.
Kevin Jay

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm

AC3 looks like a lot of improvement to me personally. And it comes out in october, I think it'll hit first lol
yeah from what it seems like ac3 will hit first. also how big of a improvement is it like AC1 to AC2 or AC2 to AC brotherhood, because brotherhood disappointed me so did revelations
Stephy Beck

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:54 am

yeah from what it seems like ac3 will hit first. also how big of a improvement is it like AC1 to AC2 or AC2 to AC brotherhood, because brotherhood disappointed me so did revelations

Well they've added naval warfare, mix and match dual wielding, several new weapons, new type of environment in general, running through actual buildings to escape people chasing you, mobs function differently, kind of have to chase down leftovers so they don't grab reinforcements, more focus on using enemy weapons against them, and so on. You should youtube it it looks like they added a good amount of stuff.

And yes you were horribly lied to. There was never a single release date announced for the PS3 and there has yet to be one.
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 am

I'm quite sure they never "learned their lesson" as they've been doing this since they've been releasing DLC. I"m also pretty sure PS3 users won't see any discounts or special offers, and honestly looking at it from an outside point of view that idea is ridiculous. It's basically like saying you were expecting a new game to come out at a certain date but since it got got delayed for six months you think it should be at a discounted price.

The problem with your anolysis here is that this situation isn't like the one you presented. If a game hasn't released yet, then usually it hasn't released on any system. When a game is delayed, it is delayed across the board. Secondly we are talking about a DLC, which, granted is as big as some games are, it is an add on, which means the vast majority of the code is already written. Lastly, When a game is delayed there is usually a decent amount of communication, apologies are thrown out to the customer, but honestly since the customer doesn't know what they are missing yet, and others don't have the game either, it is easier to remain patient.

This situation differs sharply from the one you presented in that Bethesda has released it to every other platform except the PS3 citing performance issues. That was 3 weeks ago, and according to PR, there is no change in that status, which means the DLC breaks the game. This level of programming incompetence could have been painted over if they had waited across the board to release dawnguard when it was ready for every system.

Now, however, their full level of programming inefficiency is on complete display. They have expressed that they desire everyone to play. They have expressed that they would have had it out if it wasn't broken. Beth has essentially backed themselves in a corner and has admitted that the only reason that the DLC is not out for only the PS3 is squarely their fault.

Thus, a discount should come. Not because of the delay, but because of the incompetence of their company, when we are already 6 years into the lifecycle of the PS3. This should have been more than enough time for Beth to figure out a way to make their engine work on the PS3. Sadly... they just haven't put the effort into it.
sara OMAR

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 am

The problem with your statement is that your emphasis of how old the console is, tends to favor the opposite of your argument, The older a console is, the easier it should be to program for, simply because it has been around for a while. Xbox and PC are easy to code for because they have the same coding language that has been around for a loooooooooooooooooong time. PS3 is harder simply because it is only 6 years old. however, 6 years is more than enough time for someone to learn how to code for it. Don't believe me. Go rent one of the uncharteds, or one of the God of wars... tell me after you play those that no one can code for the PS3 anymore.
Rusty Billiot

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Exactly. I told my wife earlier this week to hold me accountable so I can take a principled stand. My stand. I will not pay full price for the seeming lack of care for a product that should have been coded weeks ago. Whether by discount upon release or by time, I will purchase Dawnguard at either a reduced cost, or if there are added bonuses to the content specifically by way of apology to the PS3 community for the delay and the lack of information.
Amanda Leis

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 am

i do say the devotion of the fan base after being betrayed is a bit... counter intuitive. You will never get anything by once it's finished leaving the past in the past and moving on as it's water under the bridge.

Something is wanted, but it's not worth fighting for.

For me dawnguard was my last bethesda purchase until I get something better to play it on, since PS3 is clearly under favored. I'd have to get something else working.

I do agree, if you don't like it the only rational thing to do is not give your money. I'm tired of bugs and half baked ideas and stuff personally. They want my money then if they're gonna release something buggy, it better make me a deadric prince. Only way I'd pay lol.
Monika

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

It saddens me that although all of these people say they won't buy it, I know they will, Beth will have our money and the whole process will repeat because they think they can mess us around like this.

On another note, I was super happy because I thought DG was going to be release during my summer holidays. When Skyrim was released, I could barely play because I was busy at school. And now, I'm not busy, but I have no DG, and my holidays are nearly over.
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 am

I would be worried this would have the opposite of the intended effect. If enough people "boycott" the dawnguard expansion it will probably be viewed as a lack of interest in the Elder Scrolls by the ps3 market than any sort of unified movement. Then when dlc comes out again why not delay the ps3 release? There's no market on than platform, or worse (for me): why release an Elder Scrolls content on the platform at all?

The unfortunate reality is that I've only got so much money to spend on video games right now. For me Dawnguard is currently in direct competition with the Leviathan dlc for Mass Effect 3 (which is not only cheaper, but was released on the playstation at the same time as the other systems). something similar happened to me with Fallout 3's dlc. I moved on to other things and when I finally realized it gad been released I was actually already playing Fallout New Vegas and had no interest in going back to play the add-ons to FO3. Hoping this doesn't happen with Dawnguard.
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:39 pm

You guys think there's any chance of an announcement about Dawnguard for PS3 at PAX Prime this week? Now 1.7 is out worldwide I am cautiously hopeful of something coming our way. I know I really shouldn't be because of all the crap they've pulled in the past for their PS3 fans (especially the freaking patch delays), but hey I'm still somewhat excited for new content.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 am

Well there you have it hearthfire 4th september for xbox 360... Awesome beth just awesome :(
sophie

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks beth, Hearthfire is announced and we don't even know if dawnguard is coming. Ive lost all hope.
ladyflames

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim