PS3 Release for Dawnguard - Thread #9

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:12 am

You folks got 1.7 now wait five more months for the DLC :D
Anyway , that's how it was with Fallout wasn't it ?
Lily Evans

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:59 am

So far the 1.7 patch seems to have improved matters for me at least. This may actually bode well for the deployment of Dawnguard.

Yeah, I know, optimism coming from me. I'm as shocked as you all!

I'll let you know if I run into problems though.
candice keenan

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Heh, you found the Island where the Castle should be... I find it amusing. Next update will add the bridge.
where you found it
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 am

where you found it
No, a guy some posts above me said.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 pm

I guess I prefer a more medieval situation than post-apocalyptic.

:ohmy: How dare you spout out such blasphemy!

Lol

I have to be honest here. This is getting pretty strange. I mean, how bad was Dawnguard that it's taking this long for them to "fix" and get it to their "satisfactory performance". A game riddled with countless bugs and glitches never stopped them from releasing it before...
Blackdrak

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 am

. So shame on you Bethesda for doing that, and I hope you've learned your lesson.included hope to see a major discount for us PS3 users, seeing as the 30-day exclusive contract with Microsoft is up. Everyone's been spoiling the entire DLC for me and many others and I believe we deserve some sort of compensation. But as I stated before, as long as we get it BEFORE Hearthfire is released, and it works. Maybe we PS3 users should get a 30-day exclusive period for Hearthfire when it comes out...

I'm quite sure they never "learned their lesson" as they've been doing this since they've been releasing DLC. I"m also pretty sure PS3 users won't see any discounts or special offers, and honestly looking at it from an outside point of view that idea is ridiculous. It's basically like saying you were expecting a new game to come out at a certain date but since it got got delayed for six months you think it should be at a discounted price.

Also, sorry to burst your bubble but the next DLC, possibly titled Hearthfire, is also under a 30 day exclusive deal with Microsoft. They signed a deal for the first two DLC's. So needless to say we can expect to go through all this again.
JESSE

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:33 pm

I was hoping we'd get some news with 1.7 going live in Europe today. Guess not... bummer.
carley moss

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 am

Soo, have any of you spent that Dawngaurd money we've all been saving up? In my case, I think I'll be getting Battlefield 3 premium some time this week if Dawngaurd isn't out before then. Skyrims just been too boring for me lately. I've been trying to keep down on many quests and exploration in order to remedy those castle volikhar bugs people are constantly running into. So as you can imagine I have literally nothing to do besides playing those 4 random encounter spots In the whiterun hold.... :shrug:

Ah well, Dawngaurd, maybe next year.... Which is btw very possible..
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 am

It seems Bethesda spits, vomits and defecates on the PS3 and it's community...
Connor Wing

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Soo, have any of you spent that Dawngaurd money we've all been saving up? In my case, I think I'll be getting Battlefield 3 premium some time this week if Dawngaurd isn't out before then. Skyrims just been too boring for me lately. I've been trying to keep down on many quests and exploration in order to remedy those castle volikhar bugs people are constantly running into. So as you can imagine I have literally nothing to do besides playing those 4 random encounter spots In the whiterun hold.... :shrug:

I brought darksiders two, Sleeping dogs, PS2 classic Shinobi, and Way of the samurai four.
m Gardner

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm about to spend the money I had set aside for Dawnguard tomorrow :P I will be purchasing the Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC :P
NeverStopThe

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 am

Can't see what's causing them so much trouble. My Dawnguard fund is about to be blown on something else, given to another company who don't treat their customers like crap.

Every day they delay the DLC and leave us in the dark, another few hundred (or thousand) people think... "Going to spend my Dawnguard money somewhere else!"... Good job Bethesda. Seriously. GOOD. JOB.
Bloomer

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:17 am

I'm sure we all understand your position to some extent, however It's becoming increasingly difficult to remain civil when we ps3 users are constantly getting frankd out of DLC for EVERY title. It's bad enough that those of us who do play the mainstream shooters and sports games are constantly getting delayed or skipped over for DLC due to Xbox's pay-offs and marketing, but then to have the fantasy market do the same?!?!

I am definitely not a complainer, nor have I ever posted on a forum... but guys really? To not even have a release date despite it already being released on both Xbox and PC is insulting! If you expect users to be civil, why not extend the same respect, and get the programming together! It's been long enough.
It's not like the initial release didn't have it's bugs either. You've so far done an excellent job at patching and fixing most bugs and glitches for the main game, I have faith in the team being able to do so quickly for the add-on and get it out and on the ps3. This is ridiculous and sad-to say is bringing Bethesda into the mainstream microsoft sell-out category like the lame shooter and sports franchises.

Get it together guys (quickly)... for the sake of the players. I don't ever plan on switching to Xbox or Pc, and I'd sooner drop Bethesda as a developer than Ps3 as a console.... and I know one player in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter at all, but this is one DIE hard fan and lover of the entire franchise as well as the other Bethesda goodies... Don't put us in that position guys. Please!
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Can't see what's causing them so much trouble. My Dawnguard fund is about to be blown on something else, given to another company who don't treat their customers like crap.

Every day they delay the DLC and leave us in the dark, another few hundred (or thousand) people think... "Going to spend my Dawnguard money somewhere else!"... Good job Bethesda. Seriously. GOOD. JOB.

Its due to lazyness,mickey mouse coders and money. They can not be bothered to take advantage of the ps3s SPE and other stuff... They feel it will cost them more money and time and hassel.
Matt Terry

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 am

not sure if i want it anymore... i mean, I made a character by the time DG was released for 360 thinking I could, you know, get a decent level by the time DG came for ps3... I'm now nearly level 55 and done every guild I had planned to do with this character. :confused:
Anthony Santillan

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 am

Wow.. 2 weeks ago i gave up, thought id see if its out yet.. nope.. And lowe and behold.. THEY WANT A [censored] AWARD FOR DAWNGUARD!?! ARE YOU [censored] KIDDING ME?? How can you ask us to vote for a dlc as BEST DLC when we havent even PLAYED THE [censored] THING!? [censored] you beth... just.. get your clothes.. take your nasty tooth brush you never use, and get the [censored] out of my life. BYE! o and btw.. IVE BEEN CHEATING (CoD) ON YOU!!
oliver klosoff

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:05 am

Wow.. 2 weeks ago i gave up, thought id see if its out yet.. nope.. And lowe and behold.. THEY WANT A [censored] AWARD FOR DAWNGUARD!?! ARE YOU [censored] KIDDING ME?? How can you ask us to vote for a dlc as BEST DLC when we havent even PLAYED THE [censored] THING!? [censored] you beth... just.. get your clothes.. take your nasty tooth brush you never use, and get the [censored] out of my life. BYE! o and btw.. IVE BEEN CHEATING (CoD) ON YOU!!
Yep. It's almost hilarious.

In the meantime, they keep publishing 14 videos a day about Dishonored. Developer diary, developer's mother diary, what they ate in breakfast, how the rat perk was made, how they had the idea for the title's font, etc. Stop spamming my inbox, damn.

Just bought Dawnguard for PC. Enough of waiting & raging for me. I'll use the money I intended to buy the DLC for PS3 in BF3's Armored Kill.
Britta Gronkowski

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Yep. It's almost hilarious. In the meantime, they keep publishing 14 videos a day about Dishonored. Developer diary, developer's mother diary, what they ate in breakfast, how the rat perk was made, how they had the idea for the title's font, etc. Stop spamming my inbox, damn. Just bought Dawnguard for PC. Enough of waiting & raging for me. I'll use the money I intended to buy the DLC for PS3 in BF3's Armored Kill.

In all honesty though, if you just bought it for PC, all of the 'waiting & raging' was pointless. Beth now have your money.
Rachie Stout

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 am

Bought a PSN card the day the trailer came out. How should I spend it now?
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:16 am

We've had it for a while. Just sounds like it's buggy, temperamental, and overall not worth getting if you have a better version (like 1.4).

To my understanding the worst bugs are for the players who have done alot, aka have a big save file. This brings back the horrible graphical lag.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Man I cant believe this is still going on. I actually kind of forgot about it... I can honestly say I dont care about Dawnguard anymore. Im up to level 45 now with the character I started for Dawnguard so if DG doesnt come out soon I probally wont get it. Not cuz im mad, I just dont care anymore. Weird how that works. At first I was mad. Then after the announcement that it would be release sometime I was excited again, but now...Meh... I was into Skyrim for a few months when it came out then I took a long break and pretty much lost intrest in it but then when it looked lik DG was around the corner I got excited and started a new character for it, but if I finish this playthrough, I cant see myself picking up Skyrim again..

Your emotions balanced out.

You had alot of excitement, lets say +10. But with each week you had -1 from frustration.

So +10 -1(10) = 0

Therefore you went from very happy, to gradually frustrated, to nothing xD

:ohmy: How dare you spout out such blasphemy!

Lol

I have to be honest here. This is getting pretty strange. I mean, how bad was Dawnguard that it's taking this long for them to "fix" and get it to their "satisfactory performance". A game riddled with countless bugs and glitches never stopped them from releasing it before...

I say since the base game was suitable for release where I had to actually shut off functions to be able to play with only 1 crash every 30min instead of 3 within 10, that the game must be bugged to the point where walking crashes you and when they fix that bug it happens somewhere else.

I played dawnguard on PC and the ONLY reason I could complete it was because of console commands, and a mod to make Serana stop gimping me although that one wasn't TOO annoying. I just couldn't play most the DLC with her as a companion and me as a VL at the same time.

Yep. It's almost hilarious.

In the meantime, they keep publishing 14 videos a day about Dishonored. Developer diary, developer's mother diary, what they ate in breakfast, how the rat perk was made, how they had the idea for the title's font, etc. Stop spamming my inbox, damn.

Just bought Dawnguard for PC. Enough of waiting & raging for me. I'll use the money I intended to buy the DLC for PS3 in BF3's Armored Kill.

So they can give developer videos on whats going on with that game, but can't say a single word about you're dawnguard?

Well, dishounourd is 60 bucks and going to multiple systems.

Dawnguard is 20 bucks and going to only a single system now.

So 60 x 500,000 or 20 x 150,000?
Just random numbers of course.

The issue is they're working on about instant gratification and how to make the most immediate money. However they aren't thinking about how much this stunt will lower future sales. I first saw dishounored and went O.O

But after this I don't want it for PS3, I know them too well now lol.

Not just that, I transferred to PC. My PC I am sure as hell can not run dishonoured as it barely runs skyrim, so I won't be getting that game until it's probably worth 20-30 bucks and it either works perfect for PS3 or my 360 is fixed or my computer is up to date. Most likely one of the last two lol
Manuel rivera

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:52 am

You folks got 1.7 now wait five more months for the DLC :biggrin:
Anyway , that's how it was with Fallout wasn't it ?

The PS3 version never had an announced released date, and already the kiddies are whining because they had to wait three whole weeks hoping they would get the DLC, no way would they last months, so just as well it is likely to turn up sooner.

Edit
What does what Arcane Studios are doing with advertising Dishonored, which is a full game have to do with what Bethesda is doing with for DLC for a game that has been out for ages, that has already been advertised? Bethesda are only publishing Dishonored, not making it. There is no advertising left to be done for Dawnguard.
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 am

Just got a thread locked (mea culpa... under protest)... I was hoping somebody would have some input on exactly what sort of technical issues are troubling Beth with Dawnguard and the PS3. The last suggestion was that it was a save-file size issue. This seems unlikely, save-file bloating has been a problem with Beth. games, on PC even, in my experience, at least since MW... all those objects in containers and what-not. It would also seem unlikely that X-box memory usage is somehow far more efficient than PS3.

Given the game ran very smoothly on PS3 post patch 1.4,; is it the case that some bodge/workaround they were able to do with the vanilla game is now at it's limits, un-usable... or is it a matter of performing a similar miracle with their DLC (presumeably transferring some load from GPU to CPU) is un-economic within the resource-frame of added content?
Ella Loapaga

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm

OLLOLOLOLO ITS STILL NOT OUT FOR PS3 WTF!!!! Wow this is so dumb. I was fortunate enough to recieve skyrim for pc from a friend of mine and got dawnguard for it immiedietly. Iv played through it twice already and I really dont understand whats holding them up so much for ps3 really not that much extra to add in aside from 1 or 2 main parts of the main quest are really big, but id say they had sufficient enough time for that though. My thoughts on this..... either give up hope on this becuase it prolly wont come out for another few months- OR cave in, say [censored] it, and get it for pc (Just a little hindsight i have over 800 hours of gameplay of skyrim on my PS3) because its mad fun.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 pm

lolz I'm bored waiting -.- :D gonna make a new character any suggestions???
Helen Quill

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim