PS3 Release for Dawnguard - Thread #9

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:31 am

Ahem.. [censored] bethesda. Thank you.

I see why to put this, just had your thread closed right?

Your thread was related to the lack of PS3 dawnguard but wasn't necessarily solely about that. But because it had relation they closed it regardless. I do agree it shouldn't be up for nomination though. It was a bug fest for a good amount of people, on the forum there's a buch of how do I fix these broken quests. And the story was just ok, not great.
CSar L

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 am

@ Geist171;

Kudos!!!

Beautifully summarized.

By far the most productive and thought through comments on this topic ever.

Everyone; it's perfectly okay to be disgruntled - but this is the f...ing standard
Andrew Lang

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:59 am

You know what im done with Skyrim, its sitting on my shelf and has not seen any play time since the 30 day limit passed. I mean i get that microsoft paid for a 30 day exclusive release but i mean come on at this point its laughable. At this point i have lost interest in skyrim and i onto Mass Effect 2 & 3 and Darksiders and Darksiders 2 to be completely honest i dont see myself going back to playing Skyrim.
luke trodden

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Some lulz to pass the time: https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/24/R1uj_V6KMUSXSaAP9176uw2.gif, https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/22/BfpSnZ_p2kKEqZcwljVF1Q2.gif, http://cheezburger.com/6531835648, https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/15/YcTO6qVbQkicNHoLiHuYzg2.gif, https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/9/kCj5t8QSS0OffITgG7Nveg2.gif.
Lillian Cawfield

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 am

Personally I never knew many game company names. I knew bioware because I enjoyed kotor and mass effect. I know Bethesda now out of a more so negative view on how things go.

Other companies make off decisions that don't work out well, but you know some time in advance so you can just leave or whatever.

Shoot SWTOR whether you loved it or hated it, I quit now cause I don't like the direction it's going, I beta tested it. And it's freaking beta had less bugs for me than dawnguard lol. Know what the main bug in SWTOR was that everyone experienced? Naked lady bug lol. Blue alien lady running around in undies.
Dean

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah, it's like when you go to IKEA and must build the furniture yourself instead of receiving a product already done (but at least that's kind of fun). We have been beta testing Skyrim since November, then thanks to our feedback throughout the time they devs released Patches (if we want to call them this way, since they made more wounds). Now we have a product that is still broken a lot, plus a DLC that fortunately isn't as broken. I just don't think it is fair to throw things at our faces that don't work just cause of a deadline, instead of saying Hey, let's take our time and do things right. Nope. Didn't do that.
Eibe Novy

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Because of the wait we've had to go through for PS3 Dawnguard, I seriously don't wanna play it. As much as I tried to avoid information about it at all costs, you eventually just get the information thrown at your face and at this point I can piece together most of the plot without ever having sought out the information.

Bethesda, I love your games, but you are seriously wrecking your reputation. I haven't seen a developer have as much trouble as you guys building a PS3 version of your games, and this problem has come up since the beginning of the generation. The PS3 was released 5 or 6 years ago, and you're telling me you still can't develop for it?

The month exclusivity is over. Just give us our [censored] DLC. Seriously, if it's not 15 dollars for just minor compensation for all the issues plaguing the game, I'm not buying it or any Skyrim DLC.
Markie Mark

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 am

Because of the wait we've had to go through for PS3 Dawnguard, I seriously don't wanna play it. As much as I tried to avoid information about it at all costs, you eventually just get the information thrown at your face and at this point I can piece together most of the plot without ever having sought out the information.

Bethesda, I love your games, but you are seriously wrecking your reputation. I haven't seen a developer have as much trouble as you guys building a PS3 version of your games, and this problem has come up since the beginning of the generation. The PS3 was released 5 or 6 years ago, and you're telling me you still can't develop for it?

The month exclusivity is over. Just give us our [censored] DLC. Seriously, if it's not 15 dollars in just minor compensation for all the issues plaguing the game, I'm just not buying it or any Skyrim DLC.
IMO, Bethesda already spitted and took a dump over her reputation. From July onward it is just going downhill.
Yvonne

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 am

I'm going to take a pretty far far-fetched guess here. IF patch 1.7 comes out in Europe on Monday, then I would say that on wed we will be given some information on Dawnguard. It will be something like Dawnguard is on its way, and to expect it on PSN sometime in mid September. Heck I'm guessing it will come out September 17th. But that's just my far fetched prediction. :P
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm going to take a pretty far far-fetched guess here. IF patch 1.7 comes out in Europe on Monday, then I would say that on wed we will be given some information on Dawnguard. It will be something like Dawnguard is on its way, and to expect it on PSN sometime in mid September. Heck I'm guessing it will come out September 17th. But that's just my far fetched prediction. :tongue:

September is too early I think

I mean games scheduled for release in october were announced a long time ago. The PS3 version I'd assume is so bad that you would have to view it as starting from scratch rather than fixing minor bugs.
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Patch 1.7 is no indication that Dawnguard will be coming anytime soon. I'd tend to think Bethesda only released it, to keep the hounds at bay so to speak. They've a major FAIL in customer relations and expectations happening right now. So they decide to throw the kids a bauble with some half finished features they had originally cut out in the first place like arrow kill cams that kick into effect even when the enemy AI goes in to kite mode, and the arrow misses. This time around we get mounted horse combat, where many of your one handed weapons can't even reach the enemy, and the bushes are literally sprouting out from the ground underfoot while you ride along waving your sword in the air. But many still lick up these sad leavings, and say 'Progress!"

The 1.7 patch, (really 1.6 if you campare it to the other platforms, no DLC tags are in it) has done NOTHING to improve the stabilzation of the game. This is a necessity if the game is to have any chance of handling the extra memory management required by new DLC features and content. In fact it has re-activated the whole lag issue. All you need do is log into the troubleshooting forums for the PS3 right here, in Beth's own forums, and read the feedback They are sliding backwards, not forwards.... and thats a very sorry state of affairs.

At this point, if Bethesda has a honest solution, it seems very unlikely it will be with our current game discs in play. The question is, do they really want to start afresh and do the job right for a GOTY edition or are they just going to take a few more months and give us some more half-assed patches that barely make this one DLC work at all. I'm for letting them take all the time they need to do the Skyrim DLC job right for the Ps3, but I'm sensing we've got a lot of impatience, both here, and at Betheda Corp. So perhaps DLC never happens for the PS3 because.... they'd rather move on to more lucrative ventures.

So heres the diversion scenario. Stall for now, (it's what they currently are doing, and most of us know it) then in 3 months, Bethesda announces a new "Sparkly" that gamers will quickly fall all over themselves talking about, making Skyrim and its Ps3 failures a lost issue. For laughs I'll call it { [FALLOUT IV - The Overlords ] with a projected release date of 12/13/13 (Friday the 13th). And so the cycle repeats itself all over again.... Worried about the PS3 version? Don't,, they'll be giving it plenty of attention :dry:
Alex Vincent

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm sorry this is off topic but the guy above mentioned kill cams.

Does anyone else get a kill can cinematic but you just stand there and have stuff hit you, and once that time is up you return to normal? So like a cancelled kill cam that wastes a good 10-20 seconds of combat and potentially kills me lol
Claudz

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 am

Hey, at least Bethesda takes the time and effort to at least inform us of whats happening, unlike most other gaming companies.

Thanks Bethesda!!

no they dont...
Da Missz

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Does anyone else get a kill can cinematic but you just stand there and have stuff hit you, and once that time is up you return to normal? So like a cancelled kill cam that wastes a good 10-20 seconds of combat and potentially kills me lol

A few times now. Goes away after i reset the game.
Marilú

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 pm

This happens to me occasionally when I take a full on "Shout" from a Draugar Lord. But 've never had a finishing move kill cam done on my character that didn't take him out pretty quickly. De-captitation of my guy shocked the hell out of me first time it happened....

Back to topic?
danni Marchant

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:57 am

A few times now. Goes away after i reset the game.

Alright thanks just wanted to make sure it wasnt me alone and I didn't want to start an entire new thread to get a quick response lol.

So yes, continue the beth bashing!

In all honesty people, I fear you may be hyping up dawnguard a bit too much now and the wait and frustration would be the cause. With the wait you expect something great. Some of you know the entire storyline already, but really it doesn't add all that much game time. Not from dawnguard alone. Dawnguard is probably a bit longer than a guild quest chain, and alot of that time is from forced walking across from one side of skyrim to the exact opposite side over and over again to kill time. Can't fast travel to places you've never been. I beat dawnguard in like two days, personally I don't want to repeat the story lol. Rather, I've been using the new vampire skin to RP through the vanilla game.

I'm just saying for those still enthusiastic since people seem to be dropping off again, don't hold onto TOO much of the hype. You may enjoy it greatly, but it may not be quite how you expected.
Avril Churchill

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 am

In all honesty people, I fear you may be hyping up dawnguard a bit too much now and the wait and frustration would be the cause. With the wait you expect something great. Some of you know the entire storyline already, but really it doesn't add all that much game time. Not from dawnguard alone. Dawnguard is probably a bit longer than a guild quest chain, and alot of that time is from forced walking across from one side of skyrim to the exact opposite side over and over again to kill time. Can't fast travel to places you've never been. I beat dawnguard in like two days, personally I don't want to repeat the story lol. Rather, I've been using the new vampire skin to RP through the vanilla game.

I'm just saying for those still enthusiastic since people seem to be dropping off again, don't hold onto TOO much of the hype. You may enjoy it greatly, but it may not be quite how you expected.

When the subject matter of the first DLC was revealed I was really kind of dis-appointed, though not surprised. Playing as and undead character, feasting on the living as a parasite just doesn't interest me. Even so I am glad Bethesda saw fit to put more depth into what previously was a pretty weak representation of vampirsm. I'm really more interesed in the addition of some terrain to explore, and the new furnishings, and accessories of weapons and armor. Crossbow's in particular!

One thing I'm noticing though is that just like the civil war questline we've got a mirrored storyline for opposing factions. So the replay value for this DLC is really compromised. Seems like a real cheap approach. Here's hoping the next DLC finds Bethesda striking out into some unexpected, and un-explored territory both figuratively and literally. Shivering Isles was quite a change from Tamriel, hopefully we get something as original and thought provoking as that was...
Alexxxxxx

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 am

Alright thanks just wanted to make sure it wasnt me alone and I didn't want to start an entire new thread to get a quick response lol.

So yes, continue the beth bashing!

Me personally, i think vampire tales have been done to death. I want access to crossbows and other added items more than anything. I'd be ok never seeing the whole Dawnguard dlc if there was an option to buy the added items onto the PS3 clients. I mean they did it with the mounted combat carrot.

I'd drop $5 on a weapons/item pack download.
Stay-C

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 am

. As much as I tried to avoid information about it at all costs, you eventually just get the information thrown at your face and at this point I can piece together most of the plot without ever having sought out the information.

Not true at all. I've had Dawnguard since day one, only made it about a quarter of the way through until I decided to take a break and finish many of the other quests I had open and I literally have no idea on what's going to happen next or even how it ends. So yes, it is possible to avoid the information,.. even if you already own it.
Chloe Lou

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:17 pm

When the subject matter of the first DLC was revealed I was really kind of dis-appointed, though not surprised. Playing as and undead character, feasting on the living as a parasite just doesn't interest me. Even so I am glad Bethesda saw fit to put more depth into what previously was a pretty weak representation of vampirsm. I'm really more interesed in the addition of some terrain to explore, and the new furnishings, and accessories of weapons and armor. Crossbow's in particular!

One thing I'm noticing though is that just like the civil war questline we've got a mirrored storyline for opposing factions. So the replay value for this DLC is really compromised. Seems like a real cheap approach. Here's hoping the next DLC finds Bethesda striking out into some unexpected, and un-explored territory both figuratively and literally. Shivering Isles was quite a change from Tamriel, hopefully we get something as original and thought provoking as that was...

Honestly, I want a DLC like SI. What I mean by that, you become a new daedric prince. Not replace one, but become an entirely new one. A few extra powers, your own realm, and some demonic transformation.
JLG

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 am

I still continue playing Skyrim in wait for DG. I will admit the wait has been a little.. unsatisfactory. However, since I have been able to play it on my PS3 from day one through all the patches and unhindered by anything major in terms of bugs, I would rather wait than have a DLC that will ruin my game. Sure, there are several games I have recently bought that I should be playing.. but there is a magic to TES and lore that always brings me back. It's like a love affair you cannot break away from.

Since Morrowind I have been captivated by the series and philosophy of the game universe. Much debate occurs about various events, character motives, and speculation about general lore.

That being said I can only wait. And although waiting is hard, I can certainly do so without my head exploding :biggrin:

I made some posts in previous threads about the wait, and even threw in some silly banter to lighten the mood a bit. Hopefully folks can remember to lighten their mood concerning the delay by remembering it is a game :cool:
Katharine Newton

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I believe that since 1.7 is going live in Europe tomorrow...we are one giant step closer to seeing DG for PS3. We have all waited this long...whats a few more days? :) it will come....
dean Cutler

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:51 am

I believe that since 1.7 is going live in Europe tomorrow...we are one giant step closer to seeing DG for PS3. We have all waited this long...whats a few more days? :smile: it will come....

Hard to hang in thier when we you see pete hines tweets.
Tinkerbells

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:31 am

Hard to hang in thier when we you see pete hines tweets.
Understandable. Just remember though, it IS coming out. He already told us that it was NOT cancelled. It is just a matter of WHEN.
Lauren Dale

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm surprised anyone's thanking Bethesda. I find it inexcusable; other companies have no problem releasing huge multiplatform games and DLC even bigger than Dawnguard (Rockstar, for instance). I bet the PS3 release of Dawngaurd--if it ever comes--won't even have a petty discount; still full price for half-[censored] work that's likely to be as full of game-crashing bugs as ever.

Thanks for screwing over your customers, Beth. Good job hiring those hard-working employees.
GRAEME

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim