PS3 Release for Dawnguard - Thread #9

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 pm

one of the biggest problems is people like X-Play stay totally mum when things like this happen.they are video game media they should not be afraid to call companies out.
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 pm

I don't even know what to say anymore. We said everything we could, bashed Beth, made zillions of theories whether Dawnguard will be released for PS3 or not, demanded info... There's nothing I can say in this post that was already said earlier. I think we are on the bottom of the hole now.

I don't know if I should say please, demands it, ask for it or threaten Bethesda for info. JUST.ANNOUNCE.AN.EXPECTED.RELEASE.DATE.FOR.GOD'S.SAKE.

Bethesda's work philosophy: "We make the games, you complain, we don't give a [censored]. Shut up and play the game"
Josh Lozier

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 am

I am a xbox 360 user, and already beaten the vampire side of Dawnguard, and about to start the Dawnguard side of it, and I feel for you guys. Its been way to long and it seems as if Dawnguard will never get to PS3. Unfortunately, their only response is "We are not satisfied with performance". It wouldnt be so bad if they released some information about whats going on, and actually keep in contact with the progress on Dawnguard for PS3. Now we have rumors of Hearthfire thats leading up to be the next DLC for Skyrim as the trademark for Hearthfire has been filed by Zenimax, and yet Dawnguard is still not out for PS3. I know this is coming from a xbox user and most of you are probably saying to yourselves "why should he care". Well, I care because I believe everyone that truly loves the game and the series, and those that want to play the extra content that comes out, should have every right to play the extra content. Bethesda should have had Dawnguard ready to arrive on PC/PS3 as soon as the 30 day xbox exclusive was over. They did get it on PC, but PS3 are still left in the dark with no communication from them. All this has already been said and hopefully Dawnguard will be released soon, maybe this patch that was sent over to Europe for PS3 users will signal the release of Dawnguard. I know I am a xbox user, and happily enjoying Dawnguard and Skyrim, and looking forward to Hearthfire, but no information from Bethesda for Dawnguard on PS3 is very low of them.

(I am not trying to make the problem worse, I just feel for the PS3 users, they should have already had Dawnguard and be looking forward to the next DLC, and believe me, I know what you guys are going through, and yes, a discount for Dawnguard on PS3 would be generous of Bethesda, especially after 2 months of no updates from them.)

Look on the bright side, at least its not like Valve and them taking like 3 years to get something done.
Robyn Howlett

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 am

Understandable. Just remember though, it IS coming out. He already told us that it was NOT cancelled. It is just a matter of WHEN.

And just remember DLC's for the PS3 from Bethesda can take anywhere between 6months to a year based off of the other games they've released xD
I truly do believe there's going to be a MINIMUM 1-2 month wait. Realistically, I think 5-6 lol. That's based off of a combination of track record and silence.

I am a xbox 360 user, and already beaten the vampire side of Dawnguard, and about to start the Dawnguard side of it, and I feel for you guys. Its been way to long and it seems as if Dawnguard will never get to PS3. Unfortunately, their only response is "We are not satisfied with performance". It wouldnt be so bad if they released some information about whats going on, and actually keep in contact with the progress on Dawnguard for PS3. Now we have rumors of Hearthfire thats leading up to be the next DLC for Skyrim as the trademark for Hearthfire has been filed by Zenimax, and yet Dawnguard is still not out for PS3. I know this is coming from a xbox user and most of you are probably saying to yourselves "why should he care". Well, I care because I believe everyone that truly loves the game and the series, and those that want to play the extra content that comes out, should have every right to play the extra content. Bethesda should have had Dawnguard ready to arrive on PC/PS3 as soon as the 30 day xbox exclusive was over. They did get it on PC, but PS3 are still left in the dark with no communication from them. All this has already been said and hopefully Dawnguard will be released soon, maybe this patch that was sent over to Europe for PS3 users will signal the release of Dawnguard. I know I am a xbox user, and happily enjoying Dawnguard and Skyrim, and looking forward to Hearthfire, but no information from Bethesda for Dawnguard on PS3 is very low of them.

(I am not trying to make the problem worse, I just feel for the PS3 users, they should have already had Dawnguard and be looking forward to the next DLC, and believe me, I know what you guys are going through, and yes, a discount for Dawnguard on PS3 would be generous of Bethesda, especially after 2 months of no updates from them.)

Look on the bright side, at least its not like Valve and them taking like 3 years to get something done.

Eh no problem I'm sure. We've had a few 360 and PC users pop in to show support, I transferred to PC and am still here, but we've also had the opposite. I prefer reading support than "stop being so f---ing impatient! What is wrong with you people!" xD

We've gotten a few of those.
Kitana Lucas

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:46 am

Understandable. Just remember though, it IS coming out. He already told us that it was NOT cancelled. It is just a matter of WHEN.

Not necessarily. They could always announce in a couple months that they were unable to get Dawnguard working at an acceptable level on the ps3. I wouldn't assume it is definitely coming out. I personally think it will eventually.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 am

Not necessarily. They could always announce in a couple months that they were unable to get Dawnguard working at an acceptable level on the ps3. I wouldn't assume it is definitely coming out. I personally think it will eventually.

Yeah it could happen but it'd look pretty bad to announce a game for a system then have to cancel on it completely
Ron

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:43 am

I just got Fallout: New Vegas and i don't even care about dawnguard anymore. I suggest everyone else who feel like they have nothing to do
while waiting for DG to play something like fallout to keep your mind off of it.
Ana

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:53 am

Nothing on "The Drop" about Dawnguard...guess we wait another week. :(
Love iz not

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 am

I just got Fallout: New Vegas and i don't even care about dawnguard anymore. I suggest everyone else who feel like they have nothing to do
while waiting for DG to play something like fallout to keep your mind off of it.

I did, then I realized I only enjoyed new vegas the first time I played it for some reason lol.

I guess I prefer a more medieval situation than post-apocalyptic.
Nothing on "The Drop" about Dawnguard...guess we wait another week. :(

Sounds like that optimism is dying down :P
SaVino GοΜ

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Again PS3 players waited far longer for DLC for Fallout 3.
Vicki Blondie

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Again PS3 players waited far longer for DLC for Fallout 3.

No guarantee we won't be waiting for the DLC longer than people had to for Fallout 3.
Heather Dawson

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:44 pm

No guarantee we won't be waiting for the DLC longer than people had to for Fallout 3.
True, but so far its only been two months and people are [censored]ing like they've been waiting half a year.
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 am

Well, considering the fact Skyrim was made for the Xbox 360, and then PORTED over to the PS3, naturally it will take them awhile. I really hope we see this DLC, regardless of how much it is or how much content it contains. They can take as long as they want as long as we get it and it works. Though next time, just make the PS3 version instead of porting it. Naturally it would take more time, but you'd still retain the sales it had on release. So shame on you Bethesda for doing that, and I hope you've learned your lesson. I'd hate for Dishonored or Doom 4 to end up being a broken port like Skyrim was before the few fixes we got. Also in regards to Dawnguard, many other gamers and myself included hope to see a major discount for us PS3 users, seeing as the 30-day exclusive contract with Microsoft is up. Everyone's been spoiling the entire DLC for me and many others and I believe we deserve some sort of compensation. But as I stated before, as long as we get it BEFORE Hearthfire is released, and it works. Maybe we PS3 users should get a 30-day exclusive period for Hearthfire when it comes out...
Josh Trembly

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 am

True, but so far its only been two months and people are [censored]ing like they've been waiting half a year.

Well, considering Fallout 3 came out in October of 2008, and the DLC first came out in January of 2009 (October 2009 for PS3), we have been waiting almost as long for Dawnguard as people did for Operation Anchorage, considering we've been waiting for DLC for nine and a half months now.
Krystina Proietti

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 am

Yup same thing has happened to me with the spoilers, i have the game on PS3 while a friend of mine has it on XBOX360 and since he got it all i have heard are spoilers i can basically tell you everything about the freaking thing at this stafe.And as for compensation i agree with you, something should be given in the way of compensation because basically they have made it an exclusive for XBOX and PC. I mean with Hearthfire now mentioned thats like a kick in the crotch for PS3 players, by now many Xbox and PC players have worked through dawnguard and can wait for Hearthfire but for PS3 users we dont get that instead its like were kept totally in the dark, not knowing whats going on or anything
Victoria Bartel

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Yup same thing has happened to me with the spoilers, i have the game on PS3 while a friend of mine has it on XBOX360 and since he got it all i have heard are spoilers i can basically tell you everything about the freaking thing at this stafe.And as for compensation i agree with you, something should be given in the way of compensation because basically they have made it an exclusive for XBOX and PC. I mean with Hearthfire now mentioned thats like a kick in the crotch for PS3 players, by now many Xbox and PC players have worked through dawnguard and can wait for Hearthfire but for PS3 users we dont get that instead its like were kept totally in the dark, not knowing whats going on or anything

Sadly Bethesda has done this time and again, releasing a DLC a year later at full price. No matter how much anyone feels it's deserved, it won't happen. And even if they don't make as much as they wanted, they probably won't care and still won't drop the price.

They are acting all pissy cause of the lack of info creating fear that the cycle will continue of a 6month+ wait, which I say is an accurate thought...

Just cause they did it once and got away with it doesn't mean that we should just let it go and constantly let it be that way. People are gonna get tired of it, and with skyrim being such a popular game attracting attention to those who never even played fallout or a bethesda game, more and more people are going to sit there thinking wtf happened.

So the anger is a combination of those new to bethesda games, and people feeling like it's happened too many times by bethesda, and of course the just purely impatient. But honestly the impatient aren't showing up here so much. It may come across as impatience but many people aren't impatient it's the silence. The suspense, the frustration of nothingness.
Robert

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 pm

It does not take this long to format an add-on when the base game has already been formatted.
I once spent four hours trying to figure out why a laptop after upgrading to vista could no longer connect to the wireless network. You have no idea how complicated programming can be.
Deon Knight

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Are you so sure? Are you a Dev? Have you worked on porting a game from one system to another, both of which are incompatable with one another?

Perhaps he isn't but regardless, other companies can do it.

You know honestly I think the only reason PC got dawnguard when it did is because Beth probably decided that the modding community and console commands could get around the bugs.
brian adkins

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Spoilers or not... I would still like to experience the game for myself, sooner or later.
jessica Villacis

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Spoilers or not... I would still like to experience the game for myself, sooner or later.
Indeed
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 am

I still continue playing Skyrim in wait for DG. I will admit the wait has been a little.. unsatisfactory. However, since I have been able to play it on my PS3 from day one through all the patches and unhindered by anything major in terms of bugs, I would rather wait than have a DLC that will ruin my game. Sure, there are several games I have recently bought that I should be playing.. but there is a magic to TES and lore that always brings me back. It's like a love affair you cannot break away from.

Since Morrowind I have been captivated by the series and philosophy of the game universe. Much debate occurs about various events, character motives, and speculation about general lore.

That being said I can only wait. And although waiting is hard, I can certainly do so without my head exploding :biggrin:

I made some posts in previous threads about the wait, and even threw in some silly banter to lighten the mood a bit. Hopefully folks can remember to lighten their mood concerning the delay by remembering it is a game :cool:

The issue is not really Dawnguard at this point, but rather the more persistent issue which seems to be cropping up a few times in this thread, and it seems that for one reason or another Bethesda has had issues relating to conversion of software into ps3 compatible data. Not all of the problems have been Bethesda's fault, but if you have three serious blockbusters all experiencing the same issues which create a rift with a single cluster of your market, it might be logical to revise your code process or consider removing yourself from the troubled market. Altogether. I would hope that the former is more likely than the latter, and I hope that this will incentivize Bethesda to. Correct this problem in future projects...or that Sony will devise a more developer-friendly architecture. But now we're juggling a lot of. Expectations of major corporations, and its less frustrating if yo can focus your hope into realistic long-term expectation. Like at least Halloween to see a release of dawnguard if they can magically debut that much code that fast. Next year may be more likely. But my hope is that future projects will not suffer this problem..though I get the feeling people have been dealing with that hope since Fallout 3 or maybe even Oblivion. Which makes me question the likelihood of my own hope.

But since we're not here to discuss the underlying issues beyond dawnguard...

I would like to see Dawnguard for the PS3 by Christmas, and I would like to see Hearthfire actually release for the PS3 in a more timely fashion. If not then games like Borderlands 2 and AC3 and Dishonoured and Bioshock Infinite are going to get my money instead. And while Dishonoured is still Bethesda, I really want to play it. But I might buy it used instead of new.
Dark Mogul

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 am

1.7.patch is already out of Europe or not
Miragel Ginza

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:46 am

1.7.patch is already out of Europe or not

Not yet.:( I think that 1.7 will be released in the afternoon like 16:00.
Adam Kriner

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Why would I want a patch, why would you want a patch? "Hey I can't wait to download something that will ruin my game while it's supposed to fix it!". Let's keep waiting for that wonderfull DLC that's still not good enough to be released while we give you absolutely no information what so ever. I hope you all will pay the full price when we release it after a month of two, maybe three tops. Lastly, we didn't had enough time so there is a slight possibility you will encouter some minor glitches and bugs...enjoy!!!
Ian White

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 am

Not yet. :( I think that 1.7 will be released in the afternoon like 16:00.
thanks I hope the real
Guy Pearce

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim