So, Red Mountain exploded destroying much of Vvardenfell

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:47 pm

The novel "Infernal City" has been out over a year now. Read it.

Red Mountain erupted because people lost their love for Vivec, which held Lie Rock above Vivec City. Some of the Dunmer sorcerers anticipated this coming and built a machine that runs off souls to keep the moon up regardless of Vivec's enchantment fading. Some how the machine failed, due to internal disputes over the morality of soul harvesting among the two chief engineers of the machine, and the moon crashed onto the city. Hard. The two engineers were cast into Oblivion and the rest of Vvardenfell went bye bye pretty quick. Then the volcano erupted.

The reason the moon was able to do so much damage is it was magically frozen in time and space. It maintained its original momentum from when Sheogorath chucked it at Mundus. It was going really, really fast just like an asteroid would have been.

Some corrections:
The Rock that was floating above Vivec was the Ministry of Truth, which was held up by Vivec. But Vivec disappeared, and in his absence, Vuhon creates an ingenium in order to keep it stable. he uses dying souls as base, and then uses a small number of living souls as fuel for the ingenium. But he uses the soul of the Wife of Sul, who fights Vuhon, and the ministry of Truth becomes unstable, and crashes into Vvardenfell. Then Sul and Vuhon is cast into Oblivion.

(Then they get out, Vuhon creates another ingenium, for Umbriel, then the same thing happens again, Sul fights him and Umbriel Disappears.)
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 am

Some corrections:
The Rock that was floating above Vivec was the Ministry of Truth, which was held up by Vivec. But Vivec disappeared, and in his absence, Vuhon creates an ingenium in order to keep it stable. he uses dying souls as base, and then uses a small number of living souls as fuel for the ingenium. But he uses the soul of the Wife of Sul, who fights Vuhon, and the ministry of Truth becomes unstable, and crashes into Vvardenfell. Then Sul and Vuhon is cast into Oblivion.

(Then they get out, Vuhon creates another ingenium, for Umbriel, then the same thing happens again, Sul fights him and Umbriel Disappears.)

All true, but Lie Rock is a different name, and you could argue that people losing their love for Vivec ("Know Love to Avoid the Landfall") caused the rock to descend normally.
Lynette Wilson

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Some corrections:

Those aren't corrections. They are elaborations. Nothing I said contradicts any of that. It's all true http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdk0YOrVCg
priscillaaa

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:35 am

Those aren't corrections. They are elaborations. Nothing I said contradicts any of that. It's all true http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdk0YOrVCg

Well, actually it is... The Lie Rock?? Two Chief Engineers?
So, yes it is corrections.. :P
des lynam

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:11 am

Dark elves. its a slang bud relax.

This is no mere "bud", he is MK, son of Arathorn... or, uh, gamesas. Writer. Former writer?

About your theory, the Dunmer were greatly weakened by the destruction of Vvardenfell. Thousands died, and everyone was like "ooooh, nooo!"
This is why the Agonians successfully invaded in the first place.
cosmo valerga

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Well, actually it is... The Lie Rock?? Two Chief Engineers?
So, yes it is corrections.. :P

Nope.... I think neither of those things is particularly inaccurate. Sul was probably the person next to Vuhon with the most knowledge of the arcane workings of the Ingenium, and Lie Rock is established as a name for the Ministry.
Baby K(:

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:46 pm

but why did they run? the last thing i would do is flee my country i would expect them to band together and fight for their land! how can they just turn tail and flee? I thought Dunmer ((happy)) were made of tougher stuff
Kevin S

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:13 pm

but why did they run? the last thing i would do is flee my country i would expect them to band together and fight for their land! how can they just turn tail and flee? I thought Dunmer ((happy)) were made of tougher stuff

You sound awfully judgemental. Have you ever had an entire province of your country go up in smoke and all the others simultaneously invaded by overwhelming numbers of possessed foot soldiers? No? Then how could you say you wouldn't run, too?
Guy Pearce

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Well, what would you do when millions (Exaggeration I know) of Argonians invade your already weakened land, and you are outnumbered by far? You would flee...

You sound awfully judgemental. Have you ever had an entire province of your country go up in smoke and all the others simultaneously invaded by overwhelming numbers of possessed foot soldiers? No? Then how could you say you wouldn't run, too?

Possessed Foot Soldiers??
Terry

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:14 pm

The Hist were basically controlling legions of Argonians as if they were puppets. They did this previously when they recalled millions back to Black Marsh to fight the Oblivion forces during the waning months of the Third Era. The closest word I could think of is "possessed".
Evaa

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:18 am

i would stand and fight for what was left of my land! why would you run? I would not just leave the land my people fought and died for. i would die protecting it!
kiss my weasel

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 pm

i would stand and fight for what was left of my land! why would you run? I would not just leave the land my people fought and died for. i would die protecting it!

Yeah good for you. I'd evacuate the women and children because there's always more land to settle, but lives are irreplaceable.
Emily Martell

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Regroup. Rebuild. Retake.
Beast Attire

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Regroup. Rebuild. Retake.

Brought to you by the same minds responsible for Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Claire

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Yeah good for you. I'd evacuate the women and children because there's always more land to settle, but lives are irreplaceable.

man come on send the children and weak is still a lame excuse they can fall back they dont fight the healthy women and men in the army or good Dunmer defending their land should and could of stayed and fought they did not have to flee they could have fallen back near Gnisis area excuse any typos and made a stand there and from there they could have fled if they could not fight of the argonians. There is no way all the dunmer fled is there?
NeverStopThe

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:21 am

Brought to you by the same minds responsible for Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

I should be more green.

Will the Dunmer just let the dust settle and let bygones be bygones or will they hold a grudge until they are able to retaliate? I'm more inclined to believe the latter.
Brittany Abner

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Blood for Blood
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:00 am

man come on send the children and weak is still a lame excuse they can fall back they dont fight the healthy women and men in the army or good Dunmer defending their land should and could of stayed and fought they did not have to flee they could have fallen back near Gnisis area excuse any typos and made a stand there and from there they could have fled if they could not fight of the argonians. There is no way all the dunmer fled is there?

Thier warrior house, Redoran, was decimated durind the Oblivion crisis, and many died from the aftermath of the MoT hitting Vvardenfell. They were unorganized to say the least. The only reasonable choice they had was to flee, imo.
Monique Cameron

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 pm

I doubt EVERYONE fled - some probably stayed behind, giving the rest more time to evacuate. :)

Anyway, defending against an infinite wave of possessed Argonians isn't really any use^^
Shannon Lockwood

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:07 am

Correction. It's "Have you ever staved off an apocalyptic invasion from demons* only to turn around and be battered by your age old rivals to the north whilst the most cohesive force in your life (Tribunal religion) collapses around you resulting in widespread disunity and death. Now that you've lost your faith and the dead are still being gathered a half of your homeland up and [censored] blows itself to hell before you've even had a chance to begin to put things back together. What was in tatters is now in rubble; you're scattered with no central leadership (all of whom have either abandoned you or died), your country of millions has been reduced to the thousands... and then, after all of this, an army of possessed lizard-soldiers with three-thousand years of built up rage flood what tiny little bit of life you've managed to make it this far with. Yes, you would [censored] run, unless you're already too apathetic to even give a [censored] anymore.

When the daedra came, they said "Back to hell with them!"

When the Nords came, they said "Blood for blood!"

When the Tribunal fell, they said "We've been here before."

When the moon fell, they said "Seriously, wtf?"

When the [censored] possessed lizards came, they said "[censored] it, we never liked this hell-hole anyway.""

:turtle:
Farrah Barry

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:49 pm

I doubt EVERYONE fled - some probably stayed behind, giving the rest more time to evacuate. :)

Gordol Indoril, one of the last of a once great House, endured the sting of many arrows and spear tips before he finally fell defending his countrymen as they fled Tear via boat. He even defended the children of Dres, Hlaalu and Telvanni. What the heathen swamp monsters didn't realize was that his armor had a Temple Curse on it. It was set to explode in a glorious fashion once his heart stopped beating. Many lizard parts were sent flying in a shower of viscera that day. His last words were "For Mother Mercy, I spite thee."

Anyway, defending against an infinite wave of possessed Argonians isn't really any use^^

Especially when they brought Lu Bu.
GLOW...

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Well for those that stayed behind or are stuck there i respect you! to those that fled i can not say the same
OJY

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:15 am

Yes, because there is much honor in dying for no reason.

:turtle:
James Hate

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 am

There is more honor in dying a man than living a coward.
Gordol Indoril-he died a man and hero his honor intact
Yes, because there is much honor in dying for no reason.- this guy lived as a big coward with no honor

boo yah
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

There is more honor in dying a man than living a coward.
Gordol Indoril-he died a man and hero his honor intact
Yes, because there is much honor in dying for no reason.- this guy lived as a big coward with no honor

boo yah

Death in the face of certain defeat is pointless. The real cowards died fighting the argonians. It is far braver to swallow ones own pride in order to help your people rebuild then to get killed fighting a meaningless fight. Far smarter too. Honor is a pointless concept when your judgement is faulty.
Isabel Ruiz

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion