TES V Ideas and Suggestions # 145

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Well, what you think isn't canon. The TES world is supposed to be realistic, and in a realistic world technologies evolve. I highly doubt the technology in TES will evolve the same way as our own, but if it does then so be it, even if it means guns, as long as it makes sense I won't complain.

The functionality of the world in TES and our reality is incomparable. They are NOT the same. We may have evolve with the technology because we need it such. But imagine if our world have magic found in TES in the past. I would doubt such progression will exist if that were the case.

As for TES world, I doubt there any progress with the many things that is happening that the moment. I would consider that time the "Dark Age".
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43 am

Yes, but it does make bows obsolete, armor obsolete, mages alot less useful, and spell the end of any kind of Feudalism in Tamriel.

Uhm, NO?
A harder to manufacture gun would not make bows oboslete just as bow didnt make SWORDS obsolete becuase each can function in it's OWN field (bows are faster to reload, quieter, lighter...)
Armor, as history showed, did NOT become obosolete, in fact there where armors built specificall to deflect bullets.
And how would it end MAGIC? It would simply give new means of fighting for NON MAGIC USERS.

Its one thing to have repeating crossbows (that might be cool), its another thing to have muskets that fire .60 caliber musket balls that can pierce any armor...

Bulletes CAN NOT PIERCE ANY ARMOR, do your history lessons...
and make a person's chest explode.
... instead of trying to pull knowledge from movies.
vanuza

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Thread reopened. A lot of posts have been ejected, for making unparliamentary arguments or demanding discussion of subjects against the rules, or just because they were replies to such posts. Do not restart arguments over guns or child killing.
sexy zara

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:36 pm

What's your opinion on dungeons?
neen

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:57 pm

They need to be more interesting and unique with more hand-placed items in them.
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 pm

I'll bring this up again; couldn't dungeons be removed entirely?
Luna Lovegood

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm

I think there should be more variety to them. For example, in Morrowind, everything was either an Ancestral Tomb or a Kwama Egg Mine. In Oblivion, everything was either a dark cave or an Ayleid Ruin. Fallout 3 was a step in the right direction, where each dungeon had a story and a purpose for being there and wasn't just a carbon copy of every other dungeon out there. I hope Bethesda does the same thing in TESV.
Robert Bindley

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

But, they seem to lack purpose. No?
Go in a tomb, rid it of monsters, skin the monsters, rob the tomb, bring it back to the town, make some kashing? Sounds quite CASUAL to me.
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Well, as long as dungeons doesn't become like those side-quest dungeons in mass-effects (2-3 same rooms OVER and OVER again). It's fin by me, sure I'd like to find some unique items or extremly rare one in them, not part of any quest. It was one of the most awesome thing of dungeon dwelling in Morrowind : finding an awesome item.

I think there should be more variety to them. For example, in Morrowind, everything was either an Ancestral Tomb or a Kwama Egg Mine. In Oblivion, everything was either a dark cave or an Ayleid Ruin. Fallout 3 was a step in the right direction, where each dungeon had a story and a purpose for being there and wasn't just a carbon copy of every other dungeon out there. I hope Bethesda does the same thing in TESV.

Actually there was way more in Morrowind : Ancestral Tombs, Strongholds, Velothi Domes, 6th House lair, Daedric ruins, Mines, Smuggler Den, Dwemer ruins.
Racheal Robertson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:59 pm

Would you replace them with anything?

Also, wouldn't that conflict with the recurring theme of ancient civilizations? However, this single point would not put me off of the idea.

How would you de-integrate them? There are a million questions, could you please explain exactly what it is you suggest they do?
Cassie Boyle

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:45 am

Go in a tomb, rid it of monsters, skin the monsters, rob the tomb, bring it back to the town, make some kashing? Sounds quite CASUAL to me.

In Oblivion, most dungeon in Morrowind were unique since all ennemies were level-independant and carried level independent loot. Oblivion, while having supposedly more dungeon, killed their purpose with the level scalling crap.
Dean Brown

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:35 am

well what would you suggest adding to them?
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Since the game may or may not be in Skyrim, I think it would be interesting to see your character start off as a prisoner in the settlement of Raven Rock on Solstheim, and make way west towards skyrim. The town could be the dungeon tutorial, as you could start underground where all the ebony ore was/is and make your way above ground, and to a dock.

From there you sneak your way onto a boat that just so happens to be sailing to Skyrim. That could open up the possibilty to revisit the island in an expansion as well. Solstheim would be a much different place, with the dunmer displacement and all.
Juliet

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

If it some random generated aspect, then add it a similar taste of Daggerfall.
If it about adding many unique items, handplaced, then one should look closer to Morrowind.
If its about a bit of history and story to the place, then lean toward to Fallout 3.

I love it if somehow, all three above is added together.

Since the game may or may not be in Skyrim, I think it would be interesting to see your character start off as a prisoner in the settlement of Raven Rock on Solstheim, and make way west towards skyrim. The town could be the dungeon tutorial, as you could start underground where all the ebony ore was/is and make your way above ground, and to a dock.

From there you sneak your way onto a boat that just so happens to be sailing to Skyrim. That could open up the possibilty to revisit the island in an expansion as well. Solstheim would be a much different place, with the dunmer displacement and all.

Naw. I think they should stop with the prison intro, its a bit too forceful for background making for toon (I don't like it to happen like Oblivion again). I view at least it should be in tasted of more opening, like http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11495 mod, or a ship wreak similar to Daggerfall, or maybe the PC is traveling with a caravan. At least with these, the PC does not start out as a dumb convict.

And my own suggesting, I like to see some buttom mapping. For example, the key M will open Map and key J open Journal and etc. Also, when selecting things in the inventory/container, I would like to at least hold shift or Ctrl to pick one item or all items without the need to go to that "how much" menu.
CArla HOlbert

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:28 pm

That's a great idea. I wouldn't want all of Solsthiem to be a tutorial though, but just a small dungeon would be fine. There could be a large settlement of Dunmer, and you could hear all of the rumors about what's going on in Skyrim there. I don't think the player should sneak onto a boat though, rather they should just have to cobble together some money and buy a trip to either Solitude or Winterhold, Skyrim's most influential counties. It'd sort of be like the choice between Mania and Dementia in SI.
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 pm

I don't want to add anything to dungeons.
I want them REMOVED.
I find them tasteless.
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Where the hell would you hide artifacts if not in a dungeon? In a treestump!? D:
Jarrett Willis

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:30 am

art - i - facts?????!#$@

?
Mark Churchman

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:14 am

I don't want to add anything to dungeons.
I want them REMOVED.
I find them tasteless.

Why...
Wayne W

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:11 pm

You can't tell me you want them taken out of the game too?
Your Mum

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:45 pm

I want more depth and background info added to dungeons, they were going in the right direction with Morrowind but then stopped with Oblivion, I haven't gotten that far in Fallout to say yet
Bee Baby

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 am

Just make all dungeons level-independants, problem solved, all dungeons are fun now!
Natalie J Webster

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm

I want more depth and background info added to dungeons, they were going in the right direction with Morrowind but then stopped with Oblivion, I haven't gotten that far in Fallout to say yet

They should add more substance to the dungeons I for one like to dungeon dive every so often.
kristy dunn

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:54 am

They should add more substance to the dungeons I for one like to dungeon dive every so often.

this also since i hated dungeon crawling in oblivion because it lacked the three things mentioned above
Rob

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:57 pm

this also since i hated dungeon crawling in oblivion because it lacked the three things mentioned above

Yea but they should be serious about molding them into something more in depth to make them different.I camt seem to help diving for that one rare book or something maybe i am OCD... :nuts:
Mr.Broom30

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion