TES V Ideas and Suggestions # 145

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:26 am

Why do you want the lore to be re-invented? TES has some of the most in-depth and interesting lore of any game out there. If Bethesda wants to drastically change the lore (And not Oblivion drastic, I mean like changing the events of an entire era), then they'd be better off just making a new series of games instead of ruining TES.

A huge part of the fanbase doesn't want evolution.
I'm not criticizing your desires, (you being a general you), but I WANT.

Never have multiplayer or online play in an Elder Scrolls game.
Never have guns in an Elder Scrolls game.
Never drastically change lore.
Never make magic taboo.

You made that on the spot, right.
I want all of that...

A brief thought on multiplayer

Haven't you ever felt like dropping the metaphorical ink and just LIVING the experience with someone? The experience you'd write about?
CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:47 am

A huge part of the fanbase doesn't want evolution.
I'm not criticizing your desires, (you being a general you), but I WANT.

The changing of lore doesn't result in evolution.
Andrew

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Nope. Didn't want to suggest that, if I did.
I meant actual evolution in the world.
The second argument that powers my burning will for guns and the likes.

1. It would be teh roxdors!
2. The world should evolve at some point
3. It would allow for non-magic based study, deeper than "I am teh exploring of dah dungeonb for purely scientifical purposes!"
4. Argonian Scientists...
Rachell Katherine

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 pm

You friend are a nay sayer, you may or may not be a gamesas employee, but either way you should never say never to a suggestion, you may say it is unlikely or that it is unsupported but please don't nay say a suggestion just because you don't like it, gamesas have the final say, let them say it.

Stephen.

Yes, that's all good and well, but I think you are being rather unreasonable. You should perhaps defend your suggestions rather than calling other people's suggestions or counter suggestions 'nay saying.' Also, we are all aware of what forums are for, what the general consensus of fan TES preferences are, and we know that Bethesda will have the last word?I'm just not sure that you are aware of all of this.

And why shouldn't someone naysay a suggestion if they don't like the suggestion? What are these forums for again?
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 am

:slap:

It is only the beginning. There will be ten plagues upon TES series.

The first is guns.
The second is multiplayer.
The third is tanks.
The fourth is the reduction of magic's importance and use.
The fifth is extensive changes in lore.
The sixth is TES series becoming more about fighting.
The seventh is explosives
The eighth is flying machines.
The ninth is further development of all previous plagues.
The tenth is the death of TES series.
Philip Rua

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:57 pm

I approve of most of those.
But I'd rather TES try to go less combat, more giggles.
Rude Gurl

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:16 pm

It is only the beginning. There will be ten plagues upon TES series.

The first is guns.
The second is multiplayer.
The third is tanks.
The fourth is the reduction of magic's importance and use.
The ninth is further development of all previous plagues.
The tenth is the death of TES series.

I think TES would be dead around #4.

Regardless, I think you're a bit paranoid seti. Bethesda hasn't done any of that yet, so there's no sense in getting worked up about it until they add one of those in TESV.
Steve Smith

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:36 pm

I think TES would be dead around #4.

Regardless, I think you're a bit paranoid seti. Bethesda hasn't done any of that yet, so there's no sense in getting worked up about it until they add one of those in TESV.

I agree that my prediction isn't chronologically correct, but the death of the series is a result of no elements remaining of the original series, and it just seemed like a good way to end my list. While those things haven't been added yet, half of them have been suggested on the forums and they are gaining popularity. Multiplayer alone is enough to kill of the original series and enter the dark ages of TES series.
Elizabeth Davis

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 pm

And why shouldn't someone naysay a suggestion if they don't like the suggestion? What are these forums for again?

These forums are for us to give our suggestions freely so that gamesas employees may read them and take what they will from them. They are not for saying that this suggestion or that suggestion will never appear, people may say that this or that suggestion is unlikely due to this or that but to say never is imo wrong.

To back up what I've said, guns, multiplayer and taboo magic may be put into the next TES game based on my earlier posts made within the last 2 days, I don't feel like quoting each one so if you feel like disputing them please go ahead and read everything I've written in the last 2 days. Especially my post about the Fable2 multiplayer system, it would work wonders with TESV. As for Guns, taboo magic and lore changes, well none of us know what happened within the last 200 years of TES so it is reasonable and logical to assume that there has been travel to other continents via ship so other races were discovered who had a bit more advanced technology and that the mages guild may have been held responsible for the death of the Emperor given that no civilian officially knew of the Blades so now the mages guild has had to go underground to stay alive (there's probably a more logical explanation available such as mages killing people or some such). All of this could easily fit within the lore as it is known and add to it.

Stephen.
Eire Charlotta

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 pm

The four tenets of TES:

Never have multiplayer or online play in an Elder Scrolls game.
Never have guns in an Elder Scrolls game.
Never drastically change lore.
Never make magic taboo.

I believe :bowdown:

Except co-op wouldnt be that bad of an idea as long as its done in an expansion/dlc and doesn't compromise expanding content of the original game.

People seem like they want TESV to suddenly become steampunk because that is 'advancement.' I'm fine with all this 'technological advancement' as long as its in a different game. If Beth wants to make a new IP thats all steampunk, they can go ahead. But leave TES alone! :stare:

But I'd rather TES try to go less combat, more giggles.

:lmao:
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

These forums are for us to give our suggestions freely so that gamesas employees may read them and take what they will from them. They are not for saying that this suggestion or that suggestion will never appear, people may say that this or that suggestion is unlikely due to this or that but to say never is imo wrong.

To back up what I've said, guns, multiplayer and taboo magic may be put into the next TES game based on my earlier posts made within the last 2 days, I don't feel like quoting each one so if you feel like disputing them please go ahead and read everything I've written in the last 2 days. Especially my post about the Fable2 multiplayer system, it would work wonders with TESV. As for Guns, taboo magic and lore changes, well none of us know what happened within the last 200 years of TES so it is reasonable and logical to assume that there has been travel to other continents via ship so other races were discovered who had a bit more advanced technology and that the mages guild may have been held responsible for the death of the Emperor given that no civilian officially knew of the Blades so now the mages guild has had to go underground to stay alive (there's probably a more logical explanation available such as mages killing people or some such). All of this could easily fit within the lore as it is known and add to it.

Stephen.

Magic is major part of TES series, not just for mages, but for all who live in TES series. It is a part of life. To make it taboo would have to ruin lore, as magic is more than just for certain people in TES series. It is the technology of TES series, the tool of TES series. To change that would ruin the series. Introducing other technology to take the place of magic(which is technology itself) would also ruin the series. Magic is technology. It is a tool of those within TES series and it is too important to be forced into hiding. Introducing guns and tanks while decreasing magic's importance goes against the foundation of TES series and it would require drastic changes in lore, the lore that also makes up much of TES series. Multiplayer also goes against the foundation of TES series as a single person RPG. All of these things will destroy TES series if they are used.
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:32 pm

I want Argonian Steampunk! :D
You can't have Argonians in a new franchise.
Unless they make a non-canon Elder Scrolls series, which would be bloody awesome!

PS: Seti, I fear you may have gone mad.
Angelina Mayo

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:15 pm

The third is tanks.
You had the Dwemer balista, a self moving armored and armed war machine, could essentially be called a tank.

You mean like completely changing a province climate, culture and wildlife over the cause of just 4 years without extensive explanation? Yea, that would never happen.

You mean like it has been ever since ARENA?

Dwemer satchel charges, Tribunal

Dwemer air ship, Bloobmoon
Alexxxxxx

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 pm

And that same time, there are suggestion that people does not want and will argue against such idea.

To back up what I've said, guns, multiplayer and taboo magic may be put into the next TES game based on my earlier posts made within the last 2 days, I don't feel like quoting each one so if you feel like disputing them please go ahead and read everything I've written in the last 2 days. Especially my post about the Fable2 multiplayer system, it would work wonders with TESV.

Except the consideration of remove parts of the game in favor of "multiplayer" is generally not a good idea. The Dev have to remove stuff that would contribute to single player and move its resource to "multiplayer". I would like to play the TES series alone and the fact that its all 100% single player, not by adding "multiplayer" and only able to play like about 85 or lessthe game was made for Single players.

As for Guns, taboo magic and lore changes, well none of us know what happened within the last 200 years of TES so it is reasonable and logical to assume that there has been travel to other continents via ship so other races were discovered who had a bit more advanced technology and that the mages guild may have been held responsible for the death of the Emperor given that no civilian officially knew of the Blades so now the mages guild has had to go underground to stay alive (there's probably a more logical explanation available such as mages killing people or some such). All of this could easily fit within the lore as it is known and add to it.

It does not really justified that all events will bring out guns into the game or "advanced technology". Last time I heard of "advanced technology", the race that wield that power is dead.

May I ask the reason?

Stephen.

Its one of the many rules of the Forum. And here from the bear's lip himself:
Discussion of child killing is not permitted.

priscillaaa

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Oh and:

The first is guns.

Well... you do KINDA have something like that, the Dwemer "Archer centurion" doesn't fire bolts or arrows by a bowstring mechanism but fires darts with steam pressure, kinda a steam-gun.

But let me guess, "THAT DOESN'T COUNT", right?
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:15 pm

*drools* Spin off, non canon series *drools*
except I don't really want steampunk

Neither do I. Honestly. Steampunk involves zeppelins and towering, rusty buildings. I can't say I want the latter in TES.
Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 am

You had the Dwemer balista, a self moving armored and armed war machine, could essentially be called a tank.

You mean like completely changing a province climate, culture and wildlife over the cause of just 4 years without extensive explanation? Yea, that would never happen.

You mean like it has been ever since ARENA?

Dwemer satchel charges, Tribunal

Dwemer air ship, Bloodmoon*

None of these were prominent features in the game, however. Its one thing if you have a schematic of a gun in a Dwemer ruin, its another if you completely change the technology used in the game
RaeAnne

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:10 pm

None of these were prominent features in the game, however. Its one thing if you have a schematic of a gun in a Dwemer ruin, its another if you completely change the technology used in the game

This
Silencio

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm pretty sure the technology will depend of the province TES 5 take place to some extent. I mean, if the game takes place in Summerset Isle I would expect to see some cool magic powered vehicles or something, the Altmer are supposed to be awesome mages so it would make sense. However in Skyrim where the majority of peoples are Nords who're not the best mages, magic would take a smaller place in the inhabitants everyday life. But since Nords are supposed to be awesome seamen there could be some cool ships, or even battleships.
Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Oh and:

Well... you do KINDA have something like that, the Dwemer "Archer centurion" doesn't fire bolts or arrows by a bowstring mechanism but fires darts with steam pressure, kinda a steam-gun.

But let me guess, "THAT DOESN'T COUNT", right?

It require its whole body to use such a firing mechanism. I rather doubt the firing mechanism work if its remove from the body.
carla

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:51 pm

So?
They're STILL THERE.

So by all "logic" presented that means TES is dead... since Morrowind.

Basically, its one thing if TESV gameplay becomes like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbPQ2aMDTAs. That isn't bad.

Its another thing if TESV becomes like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT9SGHthZRA. Then the TES series would be FUBAR.
Ria dell

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:34 pm

alright since we are going to be doing this untill the next game comes out lets discuss things that oblivion had that we want in the next game
suniti

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Well, surpsise, it's STILL THERE.

Wow people now deny something exists by saying "yes, but it's not a major part", great, my appendix isn't a major part of my body, still there... and can get nasty.

Not surprise as such technology could built by the Dwemers, but if its any successful, then we would be hearing any thing about them using dart launcher. But it wasn't the case and such concept did not show up.
Beulah Bell

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Well, surpsise, it's STILL THERE.

Wow people now deny something exists by saying "yes, but it's not a major part", great, my appendix isn't a major part of my body, still there... and can get nasty.

There are parts of MoH: Frontline and Rising Sun where you go into a kitchen and a cook throws knifes at you, trying to kill you. There are ingredients in the kitchen and there is food. The player can eat food to regain health. Does that mean they should have a MoH cooking game that is WW2 themed and that that should be the direct sequel to previous games? Hopefully not.
Catherine N

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:30 pm

They're not shown and all only because the Dwemers were destroyed before having the chance to produce them for man and mer use.

Edit : Dammit this thread is too active for my typing speed xD
maya papps

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion