TES V Ideas and Suggestions # 145

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:26 am

:facepalm:

I meant just add slavers, in Fallout 3 you could be a slaver and enslave people then you would get money for it if the slave made it back to paradise falls safely. I think they should expand this idea and put it in TES 5

But the thing is though, Tamriel isn't a lawless, post-apocalyptic wasteland. Slavery is abolished, and if someone tries to own a slave, there is a government in place that will say no.
Killer McCracken

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 am

:facepalm:

I meant just add slavers, in Fallout 3 you could be a slaver and enslave people then you would get money for it if the slave made it back to paradise falls safely. I think they should expand this idea and put it in TES 5

Is it me or don't people get jokes around here anymore?

I'd actually be for slavery in the game, how about not as a big market but as a UNDERGROUND thing.
louise tagg

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 pm

But the thing is though, Tamriel isn't a lawless, post-apocalyptic wasteland. Slavery is abolished, and if someone tries to own a slave, there is a government in place that will say no.

Actually the government is in turmoil without the Emperor. Slavery was well established in Morrowind, why not have it spread into the rest of Tamriel now that the Emperor is dead..?

Stephen.
Sami Blackburn

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:24 pm

Actually the government is in turmoil without the Emperor. Slavery was well established in Morrowind, why not have it spread into the rest of Tamriel now that the Emperor is dead..?

Stephen.

Haven't you read the book? There is a new Emperor, and he's fighting to re-establish the empire. Wherever the Empire is, slavery will be illegal. It wasn't illegal in Morrowind, but guess what, there aren't any Dunmer left in Morrowind to own slaves, as they've been slaughtered by the Argonians.
Len swann

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Haven't you read the book? There is a new Emperor, and he's fighting to re-establish the empire. Wherever the Empire is, slavery will be illegal. It wasn't illegal in Morrowind, but guess what, there aren't any Dunmer left in Morrowind to own slaves, as they've been slaughtered by the Argonians.

No I haven't read the book, I asked in a previous thread where I can find this book and no one told me... can you tell me?

Stephen.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 am

No I haven't read the book, I asked in a previous thread where I can find this book and no one told me... can you tell me?

Stephen.

You're local bookstore, your library, Amazon...
Lucy

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 pm

You're local bookstore, your library, Amazon...

What's it called? who is the author?

Stephen.
Nick Tyler

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:55 pm

TES 5 is 125 years after the book, who's to say there won't be uprisings against the Imperial regime
Elea Rossi

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm

What's it called? who is the author?

Stephen.

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Infernal-City/dp/0345508017/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262031276&sr=1-1
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 pm

TES 5 is 125 years after the book, who's to say there won't be uprisings against the Imperial regime

You don't know that, I don't know that, only Bethesda knows that. TESV is possibly 150 years after the book, but there's no proof of that, just a rumor. It could be 10 years after the book for all we know. And nobody but Bethesda knows what will happen, there could be uprisings, or the Empire could regain control. You can suggest slavery all you want, but just like guns and multiplayer, Bethesda will have the last word on the matter.
Gill Mackin

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:25 am

Question:

Do you all want to see the empire uniting all of Tamriel again in the next game? I personally don't since I think it would make the game world more interesting if there were more groups out there trying to look out for their best interest and it also gives the developers some room to try and expand upon each place having its own distinct culture rather than hearing about how much everyone hates being under imperial rule.
Jaylene Brower

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 pm

You don't know that, I don't know that, only Bethesda knows that. TESV is possibly 150 years after the book, but there's no proof of that, just a rumor. It could be 10 years after the book for all we know. And nobody but Bethesda knows what will happen, there could be uprisings, or the Empire could regain control. You can suggest slavery all you want, but just like guns and multiplayer, Bethesda will have the last word on the matter.

This is precicely why we have this message board to make suggestions, and I for one agree with the suggestion of having slavery and some form of gun even if it's just a crossbow.

I also think that magic should be more underground, by that I mean that it's a taboo in the next game, you'll find that the mages guild has gone underground and segmented into different 'cults' of study, you'll be able to master all forms of magic but only by studying with each mage cult, witches and wizards are burned at the stake (and eaten like stake), so if you perform magic within eye shot of anyone in a civilized city then you'll be hunted by guards (not citizens), however if you are not caught, ie, you cast a sleep spell on someone, you're free to do as much magic as you please.

I want sleep spells in TESV, full sleep damage to the extent that I can create a spell that targets a single person and I can make them sleep for a minute or I can target a whole area (say 100 feet or more) and put everyone to sleep without having them all wake up and be my enemy, I want them to wake up and be clueless.

Stephen.
Jordyn Youngman

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Question:

Do you all want to see the empire uniting all of Tamriel again in the next game? I personally don't since I think it would make the game world more interesting if there were more groups out there trying to look out for their best interest and it also gives the developers some room to try and expand upon each place having its own distinct culture rather than hearing about how much everyone hates being under imperial rule.

Nah, I'd rather the Empire didn't gain back all of it's power for quite some time.

I also think that magic should be more underground, by that I mean that it's a taboo in the next game, you'll find that the mages guild has gone underground and segmented into different 'cults' of study, you'll be able to master all forms of magic but only by studying with each mage cult, witches and wizards are burned at the stake (and eaten like stake), so if you perform magic within eye shot of anyone in a civilized city then you'll be hunted by guards (not citizens), however if you are not caught, ie, you cast a sleep spell on someone, you're free to do as much magic as you please.

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. If you want a game in which magic is practically forbidden, go play something else. This is The Elder Scrolls. Magic is a part of life. Magic is sold by every merchant in the game, if not in the form of spells, then in the form of scrolls and potions. Armies are dependent on mages, and you'd be hard pressed to find a powerful sword that isn't enchanted. Even lowly bandits know some weak magic. Making magic an underground art in TES is absolutely out of the question.
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Can't the lore be reinvented?

Floor Punch

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. If you want a game in which magic is practically forbidden, go play something else. This is The Elder Scrolls. Magic is a part of life. Magic is sold by every merchant in the game, if not in the form of spells, then in the form of scrolls and potions. Armies are dependent on mages, and you'd be hard pressed to find a powerful sword that isn't enchanted. Even lowly bandits know some weak magic. Making magic an underground art in TES is absolutely out of the question.

Ok I see your point, but please don't say it's out of the question, are you bethesda? you don't know which suggestions are in or out of the question.

Stephen.
Alexandra Ryan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:28 am

Here's hoping that the Aldmeri Dominion remains a separate govenmential entity from the Empire in the next TES game.

@PorridgeIsGood
No. Lore cannot be reinvented. It can change and is mutable, but only if those changes are logical and don't contradict the base premises that they rest upon.
Glu Glu

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Can't the lore be reinvented?

Why do you want the lore to be re-invented? TES has some of the most in-depth and interesting lore of any game out there. If Bethesda wants to drastically change the lore (And not Oblivion drastic, I mean like changing the events of an entire era), then they'd be better off just making a new series of games instead of ruining TES.

Ok I see your point, but please don't say it's out of the question, are you bethesda? you don't know which suggestions are in or out of the question.

Stephen.

Do you know that for sure? :evil:

But really, it's practically unthinkable. I just don't see how Beth could do it.

Here's hoping that the Aldmeri Dominion remains a separate govenmential entity from the Empire in the next TES game.

Here here :foodndrink:

I want the newly expanded Black Marsh to remain a separate political entity as well, but that's probably less likely.
Love iz not

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm

@PorridgeIsGood
No. Lore cannot be reinvented. It can change and is mutable, but only if those changes are logical and don't contradict the base premises that they rest upon.

In that case I can only hope that gamesas invent a new lore based on our suggestions and base a new rpg upon it that has nothing to do with TES yet still has as much if not more variety and complexity in it to make it an unforgetable experience.

Stephen.
Kelly John

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 pm

@ goddreaming

When magic in a potential state (hitherto called creatia) is literally what an entire cosmological realm is made of (Aetherius), and when creatia is synonymous with stasis, and when stasis and change are the two forces that interact to make Mundus and mortal life possible, magic tends to be quite brazen in the world.

Never mind that the sun and stars leak out creatia onto Tamriel like cosmic space radiation.
Anthony Santillan

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:10 am

Why do you want the lore to be re-invented? TES has some of the most in-depth and interesting lore of any game out there. If Bethesda wants to drastically change the lore (And not Oblivion drastic, I mean like changing the events of an entire era), then they'd be better off just making a new series of games instead of ruining TES.

Actually, lore can be reinvented with no explanation other than "The wizards did it".
And it isn't ruining TES, it's making it better.
And I'd be torn up if they made a new series following my ideas.
I very much LIKE TES, but I'd kill it for this new thingy to blossom. Which, let's be real, isn't possible.
I just want Dark Elves + Morrowind + WITCH torture
Or, alternately, Argonians + Club of Artists/Scientists/Doctors and so forth, sketching guns and steam powered TANKS (not Dwemer)

I like the TES world's basics... but, snip snip, it would be better.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, I could accept magic being badly seen for some reason, could be awesome if done right. But turning TES into a witch hunting game? No.
ShOrty

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:27 am

The four tenets of TES:

Never have multiplayer or online play in an Elder Scrolls game.
Never have guns in an Elder Scrolls game.
Never drastically change lore.
Never make magic taboo.
Stephani Silva

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:40 pm

Actually, lore can be reinvented with no explanation other than "The wizards did it".
I very much LIKE TES, but I'd kill it for this new thingy to blossom. Which, let's be real, isn't possible.
Or, alternately, Argonians + Club of Artists/Scientists/Doctors and so forth, sketching guns and steam powered TANKS (not Dwemer)

I've been aching for more rpg's, I'd really like gamesas to create 3 totally original rpg's based on suggestions from this board and suggestions from boards dedicated to the rpg's as they are being made. I love TES series and I think if gamesas made some new, completely original rpg's that they would be very well done, another company wouldn't do it the same way, for example the Final Fantasy series was never first person, it was good but gamesas would do it differently and that's what I'm after, is more gamesas rpg's each with their own lore.

Also, a gamesas take on Doctor Who would be breathtaking.

Stephen.
(G-yen)

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:36 am

I never said it couldn't be reinvented, I just said it shouldn't be.

You want witch torture and steam powered tanks? Well I want a spell that summons daedric chocolate bars. But I don't want lore to be re-invented just to make it happen. It's just fine how it is, imo.

Besides, the ES word is changing with ever game. Who's to say we wont get steam powered tanks eventually? But for now, all you can do is suggest it to Bethesda.
Gisela Amaya

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 pm

As long as they keep working on TES they can do whatever games they want.
Jonathan Montero

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion