TES V Ideas and Suggestions # 146

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 am

also about the economic system yall speak of the use of contracts should be allowed. lets say the empire needs weapons. then your shop coould provide weapons. matterring on the amount and cost.
Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 pm

think there should be a spell that works as a spell that stops your enemies in a dramatic way. Like a curse. This spell would allow the player too torture his enemies. Or just have fun. What the npc would do is he/she would get hit by the curse but then would on her knees and say please no stop it kill me. or just scream. If a creature was hit by the spell then it would scream out loud and fall. Even a evil laugh would be nice extra too the character.Even the curse could be sent continuously in a stream of energy.

Also wands should be introduced into the game. like wands should act as focusers for the mage. But also the wand should be able too have its own magic. It should be able too regenenerate energy. It could have the ability to knock back or knock down an enemy when you tap the attack button. A stream of magic would come out that had one or multiple effects. Also wands should be able to block attacks and spells. But also when your blocking you could release magic that would push back your enemies. also when the wand is in block position it should act as a torch by leading the way.

Also bethesda more clothing designs should be introduced and would each be in different colors. Also veils and cloaks of many colors should be introduced too the game. also on top of my veil or hood i would like to add a crown or etc. I would love to have the same rbes that dumbledore wore in hp1 and hp6. I would also love to have the robes that syl and thadon had.

Also there should be buyable and empty lots in ESV. That would allow for customization of property, security, services, there should be the ability to add fences to the property, and design.

Also these properties can be used for commerce like put a shop there or an inn. And every week or month you would earn money. Also you could support your buisness by hiring a express boy/girl. Who would go on horseback to town to town spreading the word of your new establishment.

There should be a banking system.
When the character wants too make another staff wand or any other weapon.. There should be a screen that pops up and lets you add your name in gold, put designs. make your weapon surrounded by flame. They could add crystals and etc. it should also be shown to you in a screen where you could make your customizations and etc. then you would know what your getting then it would be delivered to you or your residence for free or a fee. For furniture thet you order it should be customized and you should pick where it goes.

Also characters should be allowed to have stocks. And characters should be able too buy empty lots in all the cities. and turn them into houses inns or shops. For the shops the character should be able too hire workers too sell items. the character should be able too buy ownable mines and extract the minerals from the mine and send it too your shops. Also the goods can be sent by caravan too your stores. Then they could turn them into whatever and you get money. also the workers should be essential

for the inns you would get a permit and build however on your lot. then you would open your buisness to the public by sending messengers to send good news about your inns or shops.

Also for the guilds i think one go through special quests meetings paperwork and leveling before you could become the next level.

Also there should be pets like a lion or dog or etc.

There should be pools of substantiation where you could make creatures like pheonixes or daedra.

The arcane university should be as big as a small town. Also it should have a giant greenhouse with most of the worlds ingredients.

Also players should be allowed to design there house. By choosing everything or by starting with a already made design. You could add a fence or huge gate. Add a guard dog or daedra. Or add regular guards. Add your own services. You could have a house in the woods. Add what you want including floor and etc. now this is for empty lots.

shape shapeshifting should be allowed also possessing beings but not spirits.

Also for the buisness just for fun a player could own his own strip club or prosttute house Where you would hire your dancers. Or prosttutes. You could build it to your customizations. and for fun you could have any race any gender. now it could be either gay or straight. Just for civil purposes.

sixual content should be allowed in the game.
Well on my idea about the properties. I think that it would be nice to buy empty lots and change them into inn,houses,shops and even a prosttute house.

In these properties you would custromize it by a design thats already done and you would decide on everything else.

For the inns as i said earlier you would hire a inn keeper and a maid. You would pay them once and thats it because they have a place too stay and something to eat. You would also get all of your money sent to your bank account. For the design you have already decided how many rooms you want in your house. The workers would be essential. Also you would get someone too spread the news about your buisness.

For the prosttute houses you would design it and you would get your money sent to your bank account. The prosttutes would be all of the races and each gender. You would either have it gay or straight it's by what you choose.The game has too be gay friendly for sales. Also you would have the prosttutes pay you there tips. You would also decide how many rooms you would have in the rooms.

For the house.
Players should be allowed to design there house. By choosing everything or by starting with a already made design. You could add a fence or huge gate. Add a guard dog or daedra. Or add regular guards. Add your own services. You could have a house in the woods. Add what you want including floor and etc. now this is for empty lots.

for the shops,
Also characters should be allowed to have stocks. And characters should be able too buy empty lots in all the cities. and turn them into houses inns or shops. For the shops the character should be able too hire workers too sell items. the character should be able too buy ownable mines and extract the minerals from the mine and send it too your shops. Also the goods can be sent by caravan too your stores. Then they could turn them into whatever and you get money. also the workers should be essential.

Also for a item. There should be a special robe that when warn has light or shadows coming from it. But when you double jump it allows the wearer to be engulfed in shadow or light and fly. While you fly darkness or light comes from you in a stream. Also u have the ability to to do spells. But when you touch the ground you are normal, also when your attcked you fall to the ground. u would resemble a wisp.

A spell ive been thinking of is a spell that makes surrouding walls of fire appear. but you need a wand. Then any threat near you will be attacked by streams of fire coming from the walls. But you must try to hold it for as long as possible. Like in hp6.

Also they should have giant daedra or monsters roaming the forest. or some place.

also some shapeshifting would be nice please.

also sheilds should be used as a blocking wall that would block from the spells and and arrows unless its being intentionally destroyed.
Sam Parker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:40 am

Azura High Daedra Prince, no offense, but you just posted 4 times in a row in 10 minutes, with 2 double posts. I very much doubt many people have read your posts already. There's no reason why you can't edit your post will anything new you think of. If someone had posted after you, sure, you could post again, but nobody has. What you're doing is called spam. The edit button is there for a reason.
lucile davignon

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm

also sheilds should be used as a blocking wall that would block from the spells and and arrows unless its being intentionally destroyed.

Use the edit to add stuff to your first post please or wait a reasonable amount of time to post again. Following your own post several times in a row just wastes space and fills up threads too fast. Please and thank you.
IM NOT EASY

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:09 am

Azura High Daedra Prince, no offense, but you just posted 4 times in a row in 10 minutes, with 2 double posts. I very much doubt many people have read your posts already. There's no reason why you can't edit your post will anything new you think of. If someone had posted after you, sure, you could post again, but nobody has. What you're doing is called spam. The edit button is there for a reason.

i apologize the extra's were accidental let me see if i can change them
Alexis Estrada

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

Louise Lowe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 am

The thread about "Oblivion's wasted [political] potential" made me think about spying on other factions and infiltrating other factions. For example, after I completed the Dark Brotherhood quests in TESIV, I wanted to join other guilds, with the thought of being able to 'recruit' (for the Brotherhood) guild members who were kicked out for brutal/ruthless behavior.

More guild interaction would be fantastic - it doesn't even necessarily have to be antagonistic, but there should definitely be something that involves undermining or taking advantage of one faction to benefit a 'primary' faction. There should be 'hidden' factions whose members are secret - something like the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild in TESIV. The other type of faction would be visible, such as legal factions (Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Great House Faction, Imperial Legion, Imperial Cult, etc). With these 'visible' factions, you should only be able to be the leader of one of them. Not unlike in real life, there are rules preventing a conflict of interest - i.e. being the head of more than one guild! But, if you are part of a secret faction, you could be the head of one secret faction, and one visible faction, with the ability to take advantage of your visible faction's position to further your secret faction allegiance.
Kaley X

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:22 am

How about a general "riding" skill, so we can have steeds other than horses? I'm all for a velociraptor or huge carnivorous mammal.

Yes, yes, I forgot to mention this. How sweet would it be to ride a drake, or even a dragon & fly around in the skies? (As a side note, do Dragons even exist in TES universe? I think I remember somebody telling me they were killed off or something.)
Robert Jackson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:21 am

Yes, yes, I forgot to mention this. How sweet would it be to ride a drake, or even a dragon & fly around in the skies? (As a side note, do Dragons even exist in TES universe? I think I remember somebody telling me they were killed off or something.)

Yeah, there used to be Dragons in TES. But, the Cliffracers drove them out of Morrowind, and the ones in other provinces seem to be hiding, invisible, or assuming a guise (shapeshift). I learned some of this from http://www.imperial-library.info/dogate/es_weaseling.shtml. :P But, I know the Bestiary for Daggerfall includes "Dragonlings" and that in the game Redguard, the Empire uses a red dragon in their invasion against the Redguards. As Cyrus, you even get to kill the dragon!

Flying beasts would be pretty cool. I think mounts should be able to attack and be 'pets' too - hence my suggestion for a predatory steed (unlike horses). While I haven't played Two Worlds, I saw screenshots of some really wicked cool looking steeds.
Jeff Tingler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

I have edited for you and deleted a spam post. Please pm me if you have further questions or comments.
Avril Louise

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 am

Dragons exist, but they're sacred to the Empire. They're also sapient, intelligent beings, and wouldn't take kindly to be ridden unless they allowed you too. Dragons can shapeshift and disguise themselves as humans, so if you were to come across one, they'd likely be disguised as a normal human.

Basically, seeing rideable dragons in any TES game is very, very unlikely. But I wouldn't be opposed to riding other flying creatures.
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:37 am

i would like one hit kills and body parts to be detatched and the ability to hire mercenaries.
Kari Depp

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 am

I am too lazy to organize and compile all my ideas so I am just going to make one sloppy ol list

-Follow the already set lore

-Do not destroy already set lore

-Soul Gems to show the name of the soul that is in it

-Soul gems to not all look the same

-Keep black soul gems

-The ability to empty soulgems with the use of a special object, or with a high level of mysticism, a spell

-Weapon skills to be more like morrowind like shortblade, longblade, one hand blunt, two hand blunt, on hand axe, two hand axe, marksman, throwing, polerarms, etc. If Beth can't do this PLEASE at least separate axe from blunt.

-Along with these skills, maybe one skill may make another level faster, like lets say you are an expert at longblade and you decide to train shortblade, your shortblade skill will level up faster.

-I heard a lot of people talking about perks and such, but I had my own little idea, misc. skills. They are like perks only they level up like normal skills only they max out lower, like 25 or 50. You would choose one or two every few levels. Examples would be languages, brewery, etc.

-I would also like to see languages. Misc. skill, skill, whatever, it doesn't matter. It would be used to reason with lesser creatures or read ancient languages. Like lets say a goblin is attacking you, while blocking his attacks you may be able to yield him and engage in dialog with him. You may get some lore information out of him about his tribe, where they are located, their beliefs, maybe with a bit of bribing or persuading he may even join you you as a companion.

-Also for brewing. It should be like alchemy with only slightly different/more potent effects with obvious alcoholic traits. Like becoming increasingly drunk after drinking to many brews.

-Better enchantment effects, and the ability to choose if you want to have them on or off when making them,

-A riding skill/misc. skillskill

-A tad bit more blood than the previous games

-The addition of necromancy, following corpse the corpse preparation book. Like you could reanimate whole skeletons for a limited amount of time or permanently with a high level spell . Take whole skeletons to be reinforced or customized with bindings, spikes, souls, weapons, etc. You could also make constructs out of bone parts, like SI shambles and customize them. For flesh undead you can make a zombie or a flesh construct. Zombies are just reanimated men, mer, or beastmen. To creat a zombie you have to either, reanimated a corpse on the spot or carry it somewhere to be made a permanent follower and be able to customize it. Zombies, like skeletons, can have reinforcements and stuff like that. Without proper preservation the zombie will rot and turn into a oblivion esque zombies and then into skeletons. For preservation you could use herbal ingredients, wrappings, frost enchanted items. The best bodies would be orcs due to them being durable and strong. You could also reinforce the bodyparts of zombies usually costing them their speed, depending on the metal used. Flesh constructs are the most customizable necromantic follower. Firstly you need to make a structure, a normal skeleton would be the simplest, and then add meat and flesh to the construct adding certain things to it to further customize it. You could also use animals and creatures as necromantic followers. Another way to create a follower would be to summon any type of spirit and use a special spell/object to bind it to the mortal plane.

-I would also like to see lichdom. Out of all character changes, this is the must difficult, extreme, and long. The outcome is a very extreme and powerful. At first you will be just like the race you used to be, but overtime, your flesh starts to shrivel and rot soon exposing your identity. Most people will react extremely negatively to you and maybe even attacking you. The only way to counter this is a illusion spell to change how you look into anything you want. Although you don't need to be a lich to use it. To permanently have people not attack you, is to have a constant effect enchanted item with an effect of that spell.

I have other suggestions but right now I don't feel like posting them at the moment.
kiss my weasel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 am

-Keep black soul gems

Personally I'd like them to just quietly disappear, and trapping humanoid souls to work pretty much the same as other ones. The whole ordeal of making it a more special, much "worse" thing felt to me like another shade of generic Good vs Evil shoving its nose into the game. It's not like humanoids are particularly more plentiful or easily-killed than monsters, so I don't see how it would be imbalancing. Just make things like their level apply to the soul's value instead of it being the same for all of them. Since it might be odd/difficult for them to just vanish, they could potentially have some sort of other powers. Maybe with a black soul gem you can capture the soul of someone still living, and for the owner they are more vulnerable to command spells or something.
Leanne Molloy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Personally I'd like them to just quietly disappear, and trapping humanoid souls to work pretty much the same as other ones. The whole ordeal of making it a more special, much "worse" thing felt to me like another shade of generic Good vs Evil shoving its nose into the game. It's not like humanoids are particularly more plentiful or easily-killed than monsters, so I don't see how it would be imbalancing. Just make things like their level apply to the soul's value instead of it being the same for all of them. Since it might be odd/difficult for them to just vanish, they could potentially have some sort of other powers. Maybe with a black soul gem you can capture the soul of someone still living, and for the owner they are more vulnerable to command spells or something.

See, I don't think it's generically black vs white, but rather patent and obvious evil. That is, I don't think it's gratuitous black and white, if that makes any sense. Think about it: If you are running around trapping the souls of people, there aren't going to be very many people willing to suffer your existence. I would like to see black soul gems and improved necromancy, but engaging in such behavior should ahve substantial consequence in game, and a PC who engages in such things should be treated as the danger they are.

There are a number of annoying trends in RPG development over the last decade, and one of them is the provision of opportunities for evil activity without rational consequences. I support evil opportunities, but i'd also like to see substantial penalties.
Max Van Morrison

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 am

-Soul gems to not all look the same

-Keep black soul gems

-The ability to empty soulgems with the use of a special object, or with a high level of mysticism, a spell

-I would also like to see languages. Misc. skill, skill, whatever, it doesn't matter. It would be used to reason with lesser creatures or read ancient languages. Like lets say a goblin is attacking you, while blocking his attacks you may be able to yield him and engage in dialog with him. You may get some lore information out of him about his tribe, where they are located, their beliefs, maybe with a bit of bribing or persuading he may even join you you as a companion.

Out of your list, I agree with these the most. It is such a pain when I have to find specific soul gems and I have to look at each one in a pile to see if its the right one. At least make them different colors...

The language one interests me a lot. I would love to have a scholar character that can read Dwemer/Ayleid writings.
Captian Caveman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:27 am

I don't disagree on stealing someone's soul being something that many people would find abhorrent. But why are the playable races so much worse? There are many tool using creatures. Goblins are probably near-human intelligence. Daedra are probably above-human intelligence. They all have "souls" which are forcefully stolen. The unnecessary evil-stamp I'm seeing is that humanoid souls apparently require some kind of dark necromantic ritual and it's "extra forbidden." Meanwhile some other being you can talk to is murdered and its soul is stolen and used to power a lamp and nobody cares. That's why I don't like the black soul gems; it's an artificial morality like "undead are evil and divine power destroys them because divine power is totally good and undead are all anti-divine." I'd be in favor of soul-stealing in general having a much bigger stigma than its current zero-stigma status, or a cultural reason why certain people feel its much worse to target certain other people, but making it a game mechanic feels like lazy forced morality.
He got the

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 pm

The "dark ritual" is just to trap man and mer, as Daedra and mankind are of different races entirely. So I'd assume it had to do with the pure soul, though I'm not 100% on that. And as for intelligence, aside from the princes, I'd say your average person is smarter than most daedra. Most daedra are feral animals, some are mere soldiers that succomb to any order, and very few think on a highly intellectual level.
N3T4

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 pm

I would like to see some added magical abilities. Mark recall, levitate, should come back obliviously, but I would like to to see Destruction added too. For example I would like to have a fire sword. What I mean is instead of just throwing the fireball, why not control it and put it on the sword? And make it constant if your skill is high enough. Sounds fun right? :) And to balance it out your magic pool should take a hit. However much it cost to cast the spell should do.

Also I hate that hitting people and seeing no real animation. I want to see my sword actually penetrate flesh. Oh and I hate seeing NPC with no physical damage after I hit them 20 times. How do you survive getting hit that much anyway? If I stab a person once that should be it. Unless they are supernatural or something. I think they should make it harder to hit people, but when we do they should die. Also I think there should be an animation for assassin type characters if they successfully sneak up on someone and kill them. Backstabs or a dagger to the throat for example. And of course it would be a one hit kill.
Jonathan Braz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:09 am

I would like to see some added magical abilities. Mark recall, levitate, should come back obliviously, but I would like to to see Destruction added too. For example I would like to have a fire sword. What I mean is instead of just throwing the fireball, why not control it and put it on the sword? And make it constant if your skill is high enough. Sounds fun right? :) And to balance it out your magic pool should take a hit. However much it cost to cast the spell should do.

Also I hate that hitting people and seeing no real animation. I want to see my sword actually penetrate flesh. Oh and I hate seeing NPC with no physical damage after I hit them 20 times. How do you survive getting hit that much anyway? If I stab a person once that should be it. Unless they are supernatural or something. I think they should make it harder to hit people, but when we do they should die. Also I think there should be an animation for assassin type characters if they successfully sneak up on someone and kill them. Backstabs or a dagger to the throat for example. And of course it would be a one hit kill.

I could do anything for bethesda to make this!
Dean Brown

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 am

If they do up the gore, I would like the option to turn it off or down with a "violence slider," like they had in NWN2 (not that that game was violent at all).

Could there be a necromancy skill which sort of....... was linked to several other magic skills that were used to support it (conjuration, mysticism, etc.) and the higher it was the easier it was for you to soul trap people, summon permanent undead, etc.

Or they could make it a compilation of soul trapping and undead summoning, removing those spells from mysticism and conjuration respectively.
GLOW...

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:16 am

Seeing weapons penetrate flesh would be nice. However, I wouldn't want instant kills (even by making the game harder to kill people), even if it were blows to the head or heart, whatever. That would take away the RPGy-ness (is that a word?) of the game. I would like to have some sneak abilities, though, in which you attack people in vulnarable spots. Or perhaps an addition to combat in general in which you get to learn about people's weak spots. A bit like Dim Mak, or something. The higher you skill in it, the more chance your sneak attacks will hit those spots.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 am

I don't disagree on stealing someone's soul being something that many people would find abhorrent. But why are the playable races so much worse? There are many tool using creatures. Goblins are probably near-human intelligence. Daedra are probably above-human intelligence. They all have "souls" which are forcefully stolen. The unnecessary evil-stamp I'm seeing is that humanoid souls apparently require some kind of dark necromantic ritual and it's "extra forbidden." Meanwhile some other being you can talk to is murdered and its soul is stolen and used to power a lamp and nobody cares. That's why I don't like the black soul gems; it's an artificial morality like "undead are evil and divine power destroys them because divine power is totally good and undead are all anti-divine." I'd be in favor of soul-stealing in general having a much bigger stigma than its current zero-stigma status, or a cultural reason why certain people feel its much worse to target certain other people, but making it a game mechanic feels like lazy forced morality.

Although I might agree with this on ethical grounds....I have many animals in my life, and I do believe that animals think and feel, and therefore, in a nonreligious way, have souls, I would argue that most folks, especially religious folks (I DO NOT want this to devolve into a religious argument) would argue that a human soul is significantly more meaningful than an animal soul. If one believes in some sort of afterlife, then possibly the most abhorrent act one could visit upon another is to trap his soul...forcing him to be attached to an item in this world to slowly be destroyed.

We have this difference between human and nonhuman in this world as well, of course. If you shoot the dog owned by the man across the street, you'll get a slap on the wrist. If you shoot the man across the street, you're liable to get a lethal injection.
Matt Bee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 am

If they do up the gore, I would like the option to turn it off or down with a "violence slider," like they had in NWN2 (not that that game was violent at all).

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of its implementation?
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 pm

Make water more dangerous than Oblivion, but a little less so than Morrowind (something should NOT attack every 50 feet, but it should be more than a mudcrab every 15 minutes).

Give us a reason to explore the waters. If levitation returns, give us a lot of reasons to learn it, and some subtle hints about where we might want to use it. Falling rocks/dirt, dripping water, dust. Whatever it is that says to someone exploring "by the way, look up!" but doesn't scream it.

Offer history where the lore is specific. If you're doing Skyrim, Solitude had better have a library that in some way has a place someone can live under it. Sewers, front steps, basemant? The lore isn't clear. But somewhere in that city, there is a library that someone lived under. Likewise, there is somewhere a young scion of the Septims skinned a cat during a thunderstorm, thus ensuring his place in history :)
Pooint is: I should be able to plant my character somewhere and know that HERE is where it happened. It could be the middle of a street, behind the barracks in the castle, or buried beneath the counter in a bar. But it's quite obvious in the lore that IT HAPPENED, and we should be able to pinpoint the spot... with effort.

So what if it's not Skyrim? Well, check every in-game book ever written and see which ones apply. If somewhere is a battlefield, I want to find broken/rusted armor, skeletons, ashes from the funeral pyres. Something.

Local gods. If we're in Hammerfell, I want to see Yokudan gods having temples... and those temples having quests and content. By content, I mean Knights of the Nine type stuff where I feel like I'm serving a *god*, not a priest. Morrowind's Temple had a bit of a good thing going (pilgrimages, recovering relics), but it still doesn't feel like I'm serving the diety.

New books. I'd hate to play THREE games in a row where the rare and funny books are all stuff I've already read. twice.

The ability to filter spells and alchemy fodder by effect.

Nerf the fortify attribute/skill spells (just making anything more than 20 points "very expensive to cast" would be a step towards them not being ridiculously powerful)

Move away from the every 25 level idea. Give me a reason to go from 30 to 31 in destruction, beyond "small cost reduction on destruction spells" and "well, that's one less level before we get new spells".

Multiple quests per daedric prince, and they aren't always coughing up the good stuff.

Sub-factions like the Bal Molagmer. Because it does feel special when you have requirements to even try the quests.

Always, Always, Always: new ways to interact with NPCs when talking. Suppose we bring back Daggerfall's Streetwise, etc: Pressing left/right on a console (or a/d on a default keyboard) shifts your speaking style. So you can politely ask the Countess if she knows where you might find her nephew, but you TELL that begger that you need to know everything he knows, or you'll rearrange his anatomy so that he kicks his own teeth out. From the inside out.

A magical device that can read a book (including the quest-related material from my journal) to me while I wander. Call it a "Modified Dwemer Parrot", or maybe it's a lesser Daedra bound into a form that makes it a useful familiar. This isn't exactly a major enhancement, but I noticed that it lets you experience FO3 while still "going about your business".
Yvonne

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion